Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,301 members, 7,881,107 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:36 PM

Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka (427 Views)

Sowore: Obi Unfit For Presidency, He Has Nothing To Show As Governor / Sowore: Gambari's Role During Abacha's Regime Makes Him Unfit to be COS / State House Clinic ‘Unfit’ To Treat Abba Kyari, Despite Gulping 13bn In 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by amoreobansu: 2:34pm On May 24
Renowned Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has expressed strong views against the suitability of Peter Obi, the 2023 Labour Party presidential candidate, to lead Nigeria.

In a recent interview with Noble Nigeria, Soyinka noted the behaviour of Obi’s supporters, known as ‘Obidients’, during the 2023 general elections as a key indicator of his unfitness for leadership.

Soyinka criticised Obi for not curbing his supporters’ aggressive online behaviour towards those with opposing views, suggesting this failure demonstrates a lack of leadership capability.

The 89-year-old playwright and activists also accused Obi, a former governor of Anambra State, of encouraging these attacks against dissenting voices, including himself.

Soyinka further argued that Obi’s actions and the conduct of his followers showed a lack of readiness to lead a diverse and complex society like Nigeria, insisting that the former Anambra governor was in control of internet trolls prior to the 2023 election.

He said, “I hope for the sake of the nation that he doesn’t express interest in the next election because for me as a leader if there was any proof that he was unfit to lead that country, it’s in the conduct which he encouraged among his followers. I know for a fact, and I can give you an instance that proves that he was in control of those forces.

“But it is for me a sad phenomenon, especially for those who want to lead a multi-texture society, different religions, different ethnic groups, different world views and who actually want to preside over sub-groups as one, it means that have already declared themselves incompetent to lead such entity and that’s it.”

The Nobel Laureate further expressed his disappointment at Obi’s honesty and transparency, indicating that such behaviour casts doubt on his leadership qualities.

Soyinka recounted Obi’s first visit to him during the months leading to the presidential election, stressing that the LP candidate’s public statements contradicted the events at that meeting.

He said, “It’s simply because when he first came to visit me, you know, he did come at one time. And I watched him. I watched his actions and body language. It seemed to be very conciliatory.

“I remember the moment when he took out his (mobile device) after he made a statement like ‘Oh don’t worry. You don’t have anything to worry about these people. He was talking about ‘Obidients’. I remember he took out his phone, and he typed a message there. I was watching him very closely, I didn’t say a thing. And after that, everything seemed to be nice and cosy.

“And I saw and I read his statement about that meeting afterwards. The statement was a contrast to what actually happened, what we discussed, and I mentioned it in my response. It was a misrepresentation of what happened, and I made sure that I put a statement out saying ‘No, I’m sorry, this is not what was said. This language never came into it”.

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/peter-obi-unfit-to-lead-nigeria-soyinka/
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by yarimo(m): 2:38pm On May 24
grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by Oilwell(m): 2:45pm On May 24
after one year of renewed shege.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by emkz: 2:48pm On May 24
There is one trait common among them: insults.

Before many of them became Obidients, Wole Soyinka and Doyin Okupe were the chief promoters of the Obi brand.

As soon as they came, they started branding hatred, insults and religious war.

Today, they call Soyinka a cultist and even wish he'd not die well. Wole Soyinka called them fascists! Was he wrong? What is fascism?

fascism: political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

Many of them are filled with bile, hate and bitterness. They led protests to ask for military intervention after they lost election. They deployed insults thinking it was a useful tool for political manipulation.

They deservedly lost.

You'd also find many of them on the streets of Nairaland. There is one cretinous troll, who goes from thread to thread to attack people who don't swing to his myopic, ill-conceived, ill-advised, retrogressive, warped, and demented views. He accuses others of being paid and claims to be the saint of moral probity.

These fascists are all over the place. Their modus operandi is to fabricate a foolish idea in their brains, iterate it as truth and start insulting others who refuse to bow to their psychosis.

The essence of democracy is supporting whoever we want. Those who cannot accept that and go about insulting others for not supporting what they support are not materials to lead others.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by toneroforever(m): 2:52pm On May 24
[b][/b]
amoreobansu:
Renowned Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has expressed strong views against the suitability of Peter Obi, the 2023 Labour Party presidential candidate, to lead Nigeria.

In a recent interview with Noble Nigeria, Soyinka noted the behaviour of Obi’s supporters, known as ‘Obidients’, during the 2023 general elections as a key indicator of his unfitness for leadership.

Soyinka criticised Obi for not curbing his supporters’ aggressive online behaviour towards those with opposing views, suggesting this failure demonstrates a lack of leadership capability.

The 89-year-old playwright and activists also accused Obi, a former governor of Anambra State, of encouraging these attacks against dissenting voices, including himself.

Soyinka further argued that Obi’s actions and the conduct of his followers showed a lack of readiness to lead a diverse and complex society like Nigeria, insisting that the former Anambra governor was in control of internet trolls prior to the 2023 election.

He said, “I hope for the sake of the nation that he doesn’t express interest in the next election because for me as a leader if there was any proof that he was unfit to lead that country, it’s in the conduct which he encouraged among his followers. I know for a fact, and I can give you an instance that proves that he was in control of those forces.

“But it is for me a sad phenomenon, especially for those who want to lead a multi-texture society, different religions, different ethnic groups, different world views and who actually want to preside over sub-groups as one, it means that have already declared themselves incompetent to lead such entity and that’s it.”

The Nobel Laureate further expressed his disappointment at Obi’s honesty and transparency, indicating that such behaviour casts doubt on his leadership qualities.

Soyinka recounted Obi’s first visit to him during the months leading to the presidential election, stressing that the LP candidate’s public statements contradicted the events at that meeting.

He said, “It’s simply because when he first came to visit me, you know, he did come at one time. And I watched him. I watched his actions and body language. It seemed to be very conciliatory.

“I remember the moment when he took out his (mobile device) after he made a statement like ‘Oh don’t worry. You don’t have anything to worry about these people. He was talking about ‘Obidients’. I remember he took out his phone, and he typed a message there. I was watching him very closely, I didn’t say a thing. And after that, everything seemed to be nice and cosy.

“And I saw and I read his statement about that meeting afterwards. The statement was a contrast to what actually happened, what we discussed, and I mentioned it in my response. It was a misrepresentation of what happened, and I made sure that I put a statement out saying ‘No, I’m sorry, this is not what was said. This language never came into it”.

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/peter-obi-unfit-to-lead-nigeria-soyinka/

This grandfather of cultism once said Tinubu gifted him a house after he returned from exile,so that was his price...
So nobody should be surprised by his comments.
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by toneroforever(m): 3:06pm On May 24
This Soyinka is quite shameless. Someone paid you a courtesy visit and you were carefully monitoring his activities on his phone and even had the guts to tell it to the world. Is that how much this guy has belittled himself? That's quite petty,or was he working for Tinubu low key during that period because Balablu had gifted him a house years back?
Meanwhile he has seen the government he supports plunge the country into far more mess than they met it in 2015.
To think he was a part of those that protested against N200/$ and petrol subsidy removal.
He really deserves a Nobel prize for Hypocrisy.
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by GreenxGreen: 3:29pm On May 24
angry
Madness get levels grin grin grin
I have always suspected that white hair to be another level of Madness 😦😦😦

Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by ablejesus26(m): 4:33pm On May 24
😁😁 same mouth talk se bubu na to the messiah oo😁😁.

Why should anyone believe You sef😁
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by commoditiesnig: 4:46pm On May 24
Whao..
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by WakeUpNigerians: 4:52pm On May 24
Are you sure this gbajue professor will not run mad over Obi matter grin
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by Christistruth00: 4:54pm On May 24
Did he Lie?

Somebody who cannot Control even his own Fascist Nazi like Supporters not to talk of Nigeria .

Entire Ethnic Groups could be deported from
their Homeland or go missing under him

Especially the ones on the Sea Coast that his supporters are still dragging with the real owners with his tacit approving silence

That is why people like Wike can never be irrelevant in Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by Ikinternational: 6:43pm On May 24
Stupidity at it's highest form

Sad to see a once great reason this way

The Obi detractors and naysayers no dey do their own abi. Na love n kindness they take insult.

Your eyes only dey see one angle 🫣

No problem sir
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by EzeChukwuIgbo: 6:44pm On May 24
The bitter grieving obi gbaju will thrown Nigeria into full fledged war and chaos if God did not save this country from those miscreants, they were ready to burn down the country for their gbajue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:51pm On May 24
Ikinternational:
Stupidity at it's highest form

Sad to see a once great reason this way

The Obi detractors and naysayers no dey do their own abi. Na love n kindness they take insult.

Your eyes only dey see one angle 🫣

No problem sir

The white bearded agbado munching prof brought cultism to Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by Khalling2007: 7:23pm On May 24
The chairman of social media bandits aka Peter Obi will never be the president of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by Sannisege: 7:48pm On May 24
toneroforever:
[/b]

[b]This grandfather of cultism once said Tinubu gifted him a house after he returned from exile,so that was his price...
So nobody should be surprised by his comments.
evidence that Prof is right.
Re: Peter Obi Unfit To Lead Nigeria – Soyinka by ezegold4we: 8:00pm On May 24
Only an irredeemable fool will believe soyinka and his mental dementia.

(1) (Reply)

APC Meddlesomemess In Kano, Rivers And Edo May Be The Demise Of 4th Republic / How El-rufai Paid N11.8bn Into Private Accounts / Tinubu Doing Owambe In Aso Rock, No Longer Pursuing Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.