Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,405 members, 7,881,477 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:46 PM

Not By Power Nor By Might - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not By Power Nor By Might (67 Views)

Not By Power Nor By Might, But By The Spirit, Mercy & Grace Of God / WHAT DOES "NOT BY MIGHT NOR BY POWER, BUT BY MY SPIRIT..." MEAN? / What The Scripture Means By Not By Might Nor By Power.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not By Power Nor By Might by GraceUponGrace2: 6:20am On May 25
Not By Power Nor By Might, But By The Spirit, Mercy & Grace Of God

So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty. (Zechariah 4:6; NIV).

Yesterday, I was strolling home from work. All of a sudden, while I was focused on my journey, a motorcycle just came by and splashed me with mire, because it had just rained.

At that instance, I remembered how many people have been very careful, minding their own businesses but calamities still struck them. I wondered, how many people have lost their lives, or fallen prey to mishaps even though they were very careful on the roads.

Listen, many times people think they have achieved what they have achieved, are at where they are, or have attained what they have attained due to their diligence and hard work.

Though I am not disputing the fact that diligence and hard work pays, I do wish to remind you that it is not by power nor by might, but by the Spirit of the Lord. It is by His grace and mercy that you are where you are today, attained your goals or achieved the result you did.

Hear me, there is a level of grace measured unto every man. It is sufficient to acknowledge the grace of God upon you and give Him thanks and praise for it and do not boast.

When you see other people struggling, stricken, poor, languishing in want or are not achieving results, do not think it's because they are lazy or unwise. There are some of them who may have toiled and invested more effort or even wiser than you; yet I remind you, there is a level of grace measured unto every man.

People who don't realize this early, allow pride to fill their hearts, thereby leading to their downfall.

Those who acknowledge the power of God and lay good grip of the power of the Spirit of the Lord and of His grace and mercies, always give thanks and praise to God for their attainments. However, people who let satan fill their hearts with pride, often see an end of doom.

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:cool.

Nebuchadnezzar's dominion extended to all parts of the earth. As a result, he allowed pride to fill his heart. One day while walking upon the roof of the palace house, he said, "Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?" The words were still on his lips when a voice came from heaven, "This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you. (Daniel 4:30).

Hear me, child of God. If you want to be great, do not take pride in your achievements, humble yourself, and you will be exalted. God resists the proud but shows grace to the humble.

CONTINUE READING

(1) (Reply)

Working Together For Good / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/05/2024 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/05/2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.