Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,879 members, 7,945,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians (371 Views)

Nigerians Are In The Worst Days As Electric Tariffs Has Gone 300% Increase / PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki / These Are The Worst Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by shafykay(m): 7:18am On May 25
* Reveals his govt in one year stopped further bleeding of country

*Accuses governors of suffocating local government

Deji Elumoye in Abuja, Nume Ekeghe and Kayode Tokede in Lagos

President Bola Tinubu yesterday, told Nigerians that the worst days are over for the Nigerian economy, assuring that his administration would continue to take steps to deliver the dividends of democracy.The President also accused State governors of being a clog in the wheel of development of the local government as the third tier of government.Speaking when he received a delegation of the Yoruba Leaders of Thought at the State House, the President, according to a statement issued by his Media Adviser, Ajuri Ngelale, emphasised that governance must be transformative and must address the critical needs of citizens.

According to him, the past 12 months have been fulfilling for his administration despite the presence of some challenges being addressed frontally.His words: “It has been challenging. It has been fulfilling as well. We took over, and we have stopped the bleeding. I can say categorically now that Nigeria is no longer bleeding. And it will not bleed to death, but rather will now move to prosperity. That is the promise that I made to you all, and it is also the charge that you gave to me.

“We are managing to swim through the pond. The current is not a good one. We will turn the tide. We are turning the bend. This I assure you. I am being very careful. The worst is over for Nigeria. We will prevail.“I thank the team who have been working really hard. All I can promise is that we will do whatever it takes. We are determined and we will work so that all Nigerians can feel the impact of good governance.”The President also called for more effective local government system that fosters community development and delivers the essentials of governance within a strengthened federal structure.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Nice2023(m): 7:24am On May 25
If u think this man knows what he is doing,u must be mad.

The foundational cause of all the problems in the country now is fuel price and foreign currency fluctuations.

That is why fish is more expensive than meat. Building materials are even more expensive these days.

For me,this Tinubu has nothing to offer.

Do not take their words to heart...by next month be sure to see them dishing out blame games.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by turmacs(f): 7:24am On May 25
Nice2023:

The foundational cause of all the problems in the country now is fuel price and foreign currency fluctuations.

That is why fish is more expensive than meat. Building materials are even more expensive these days.

Do not their words to heart...by next month be sure to see them reeling out blame games.

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by muyico(m): 7:42am On May 25
baba talkz again? expect more increment?

1 Like

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by 89green: 7:42am On May 25
grin I agree cos av got my APC discount card.

Don't quote me, m not feeling fine grin

1 Like

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by franchasofficia: 7:44am On May 25
Nigeria's best psychiatrists need to be on standby and heading towards Aso Rock biko because something is not right anymore shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by LadyExcellency: 8:06am On May 25
I resent the phrase "we will" or "I will" from the Executive. Keep it to yourself until "I have", or "we have instructed, ordered, started". I want to hear something present or present continuous tenses than all these future impossible terms.

1 Like

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Ivimmanuel: 8:21am On May 25
When I remember when some youths threw sachet water at Goodluck Jonathan I shake my head for Nigerians. We are becoming too tolerable and these politicians have no regards for us. I expected massive protests in the country to show the level of grievances Nigerians are going through but because of so much disunity not one has been held, some people even decided not to join the protest as away of protesting their displeasure in the outcome of 2023 elections and we think we are going change anything in 2027.

When Goodluck Jonathan announced the removal of fuel subsidy Labour union shutdown the whole country. Why can't labour go on strike now even for a day? It's surprising that some people are against labour going on strike saying people will go through hardship as if we are having it any different. This government will never take Nigerians serious because we are not even serious with ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by drlateef: 8:29am On May 25
Nice2023:

Do not take their words to heart...by next month be sure to see them dishing out blame games.

It is either you are mad or Tinubu is mad. We shall soon see!

5 Likes

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Nice2023(m): 10:32am On May 25
drlateef:

It is either you are mad or Tinubu is mad. We shall soon see!

U are one of those people I mentioned.

Pretender,is ur life better?

If u are not mad u won't respond to my write up in a foolish way. However,keep deceiving yourself.
APC men and women are hiding themselves nowadays but u are shamelessly adamant.

Wait till u go mad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Chinjo2: 10:37am On May 25
He just finished his usual before making this statement.
Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by flokii: 10:57am On May 25
PBAT's one year has surpassed PDP's 16+ years of bad governance.. all major roads especially in the nation's capital are wearing new looks now, metro trains that will take you straight to airport and other states ready for operation, lagos-calabar coastal highway project in full gear, 3rd mainland bridge repair works completed etc. etc.

It's now that Nigeria is looking like a nation, not what we had in past PDP years despite oil wealth and oil boom. I have always maintained that Yorubas remain the best administrators as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Call it bigotry or whatever, na your headache.. just check SW and see how people from other regions flock in daily to experience good governance and quality leadership. That enough will tell you the best ethnic group in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by GreenxGreen: 1:46pm On May 25
Thunder ⚡⚡⚡ Fire 🔥🔥🔥 your lie lie mouth 😡😡😡
Re: Worst Days Over, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Lovelive: 3:45pm On May 25
Olod-o, suffer 🗣️

flokii:
PBAT's one year has surpassed PDP's 16+ years of bad governance.. all major roads especially in the nation's capital are wearing new looks now, metro trains that will take you straight to airport and other states ready for operation, lagos-calabar coastal highway project in full gear, 3rd mainland bridge repair works completed etc. etc.

It's now that Nigeria is looking like a nation, not what we had in past PDP years despite oil wealth and oil boom. I have always maintained that Yorubas remain the best administrators as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Call it bigotry or whatever, na your headache.. just check SW and see how people from other regions flock in daily to experience good governance and quality leadership. That enough will tell you the best ethnic group in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Terrorists Kill 12 In Kaduna Market Attack / Justice & Mercy For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Ii At Last! / Edo 2024 Election – A Referendum On Apc, Pdp & Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.