Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:25 AM

Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! (1777 Views)

Debate: Obi Datti Movement Reply Soyinka, Say Baba-ahmed Ready For Him / Peter Obi’s Nigerian Project, Not Igbo President, Obidients Reply Arthur Eze / Video: Elderly Yoruba Obidients Defied Rain To March For Peter OBI In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by garykoeman: 2:50pm On May 25
franchasofficia:
That is why I can't stop loving Yorubas despite my constant criticism of Yoruba outcasts who are mixed Fulani breeds cheesy

Real Yorubas are amazing, fearless, honest and straightforward, except few that have been negatively influenced by Tinubu's brand of thug politics

Obi will never be president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by franchasofficia: 2:51pm On May 25
Christistruth00:
They should ask Col Banjo Children what befell their Father

Peter Obi Opened 2 eyes and saw Obidients Claiming Lagos was No Man's Land instead of him to shut them up immediately and let them know his Campaign was for a New Nigeria he was Silent and tacitly supporting them

Lagos Etiosa HOR Member Atta was fighting against a desperately needed Highway to be built in Etiosa

Instead of Peter Obi to call him to Order and tell Atta to properly represent the People of Etiosa in Making sure FG delivered the Highway quickly he was again Silent

But this his Campaign against the Lagos Calabar Highway stripped his true intentions towards SW completely naked
Coastal highway that has been halted because its affecting our network data cables due to no environmental impact assessment before jumping on the project.

So Lagos is no man's land started in 2023; can you swear with your life that it started in 2023 or that Igbos initiated that slang of Lagos is a no man's land?

In case you don't know maybe out of ignorance or hatred or bigotry, "Lagos is a no man's land" was a slogan initiated by a Yoruba man, a former Governor of Lagos to tell none Lagosians how welcoming Lagoa was but tribal bigots like you took it out of context and allowed APC political criminals to mislead you into thinking that Igbos started it in 2023 to mean that Lagos belong to Igbos or will belong to Igbos which is never possible.

People like you are the real enemies of Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by franchasofficia: 2:52pm On May 25
garykoeman:

Obi will never be president
The living God, the God of justice have ordained an Igbo person to be the one to liberate Nigeria from decades of leadership failure. God have ordained an Igbo person to lead Nigeria to a communal prosperity and no matter what any other person try, they will fail until that Igbo person emerges President of Nigeria and set things right. This is God's ordinance and nobody can change it, no prayer can change it, so the earlier Nigerians embrace this sad truth the better for all Nigerians.

If you doubt me, pray to be alive for the next 50 years, you will see what the Lord can do.
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by proeast(m): 2:54pm On May 25
I like the way it’s the same Yorubas that are condemning the foolish old man. Otherwise, Tinubu and his band of bigots would have turned it into another Igbo vs. Yoruba tribal issue. Tinubu is the worst vermin that happened to happened to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by EmperorCaesar(m): 2:55pm On May 25
franchasofficia:
That is why I can't stop loving Yorubas despite my constant criticism of Yoruba outcasts who are mixed Fulani breeds cheesy

Real Yorubas are amazing, fearless, honest and straightforward, except few that have been negatively influenced by Tinubu's brand of thug politics

You said on the o5her thread that Tinubu is the main person behind all these states Crisis yet Sanusi has come out to thank him for not interfering

If this is how elderly Igbo people thinks, then there's a big trouble looming for the younger generation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by franchasofficia: 3:01pm On May 25
EmperorCaesar:

You said on the o5her thread that Tinubu is the main person behind all these states Crisis yet Sanusi has come out to thank him for not interfering

If this is how elderly Igbo people thinks, then there's a big trouble looming for the younger generation
Me elder ke? I am under 40 oh lolz.

Sanusi is being political. He is playing with Emilokan's emotion, that is how to play the game. Appeal to the leader's emotion.

Tinubu is only trying to make Kano state unstable so that bulk vote will not come out there for opposition party come 2027. If he allows Kano to remain peaceful under NNPP, it can be used against him come 2027, so the best thing to do is to scatter the area. If I cannot get it, let nobody get it, that is how to play dirty politics which Emilokan is a master.

You his mumu followers don't understand the dangerous man una de follow follow grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by garykoeman: 3:07pm On May 25
franchasofficia:
The living God, the God of justice have ordained an Igbo person to be the one to liberate Nigeria from decades of leadership failure. God have ordained an Igbo person to lead Nigeria to a communal prosperity and no matter what any other person try, they will fail until that Igbo person emerges President of Nigeria and set things right. This is God's ordinance and nobody can change it, no prayer can change it, so the earlier Nigerians embrace this sad truth the better for all Nigerians.

If you doubt me, pray to be alive for the next 50 years, you will see what the Lord can do.

Lies.

Stop trying to liberate Nigeria.

Free your region from shackles of corruption, cocaine trafficking, human trafficking and underdevelopment.

Your region is the source of the problem Nigeria is passing through.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Tochj(m): 3:39pm On May 25
What is happening in Nigeria is beyond Igbo vs Yoruba
A paint of garri today is almost 4k
Food stuff is rising everyday,both Yoruba and Igbo are buying the same price
Soyinka has shown that he can not be trusted again
The same loveable activist hs become a shadow of himself,so pathetic
He stood with Tinubu to disturb GEJ with rubbish protest at Ojota
Now he is calm while people suffer under Buhari and Tinubu
Obi is now his problem.
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by franchasofficia: 3:41pm On May 25
garykoeman:

Lies.

Stop trying to liberate Nigeria.

Free your region from shackles of corruption, cocaine trafficking, human trafficking and underdevelopment.

Your region is the source of the problem Nigeria is passing through.

Listen, there is a way God works, He works in ways man underrate and most times don't accept until it becomes reality.

God doesn't choose kings from the richest families, He select Kings from the least expected. If you study the Bible very well you will understand how God works.

Check the Biblical stories and see how God operated and liken it to our daily lives here and you will understand the mind of God in some issues of life here on earth.

Igbo man spearheaded the fight for Nigeria's independence and through him and many others, Nigeria got independence. I am skipping some details to drive my point for you to understand and go to meditate on it.

In 1966, a young Igbo soldier led other soldiers from different tribes with majority being Igbos to carry out a coup detat mainly to stop a political turmoil engulfing the Western Region of Nigeria known as Southwest today. That political turmoil between Awolowo and Akintola was consuming Western Nigeria and causing Nigeria a lot. The young Igbo soldiers believed so much in Awolowo as a better leader to lead Nigeria than Nnamdi Azikiwe, Belewa and co, so they staged the coup to stop the planned invasion of Western Nigeria and to free Awolowo from jail to make him President of Nigeria, unfortunately they allowed their ethnic/tribal sentiments to disrupt their initial good plans and the coup ended up being a one sided coup with mostly Northern, Yoruba and Midwestern political and military leaders being killed while their Igbo counterparts got spared. This made Northern Nigerian soldiers angry and they started to plot a counter coup to remove the Igbo man who ascended to power after the coup that removed Belewa/Zikiwe from power.

The Igbo head of state got brutally murdered, and instead of the Northern soldiers to keep the matter within the military, they saw it as a conquest and an opportunity to wipe out the whole of Igbo race, starting from innocent civilian Igbos living peacefully in the North, this led to 1966 Northern pogrom against Igbos in which thousands of Igbos got killed by Northern soldiers as Gowon the then Head of state looked on doing nothing to stop the massacre

Major Chukwuma Ojukwu being the Governor of Eastern Region then appealed to Gowon to do something to stop the massacre of Igbo civilians by Northern soldiers in the North, Gowon did literary nothing, as Igbos kept running to Ojukwu who was the leader of Eastern region then to do something, Ojukwu was handicapped, he kept appealing to Gowon yet nothing happened. In summary, Ojukwu declared Eastern Nigeria an independent state to stop Igbos from being killed by people they call fellow countrymen. He made this declaration in Nsukka after much consultation with Igbo tradition, academic, student, women, market, etc leaders.

Gowon wanted to allow Eastern Nigeria to go but British government refused because of the newly discovered crude oil in Nigeria at Oloibiri Bayelsa which was under Eastern Nigeria then. British Petroleum was in charge of the crude oil exploration, and Ojukwu told them to pack and go, so this made Britain to inspire Gowon to use military force to return Eastern Nigeria aka Biafra back to Nigeria. After several negotiations both the last at Aburi in Ghana, civil war broke out as Gowon declared a Police action to forcefully return Biafra back to Nigeria and Gowon mobilized Nigerian soldiers to invade Eastern Nigeria now Biafra and Biafra started resisting by using emergency soldiers and conscription of civilians into newly formed Biafra military.

Biafra proved stronger than Nigeria
backed by Britain/Russia/Egypt/etc predicted and the war lasted for 3 years until Awolowo who got released from jail and appointed as Nigeria's Minister of Finance by Gowon suggested use of starvation policy to force Biafra to surrender and the policy led to hunger and malnutrition in Biafra land which led to loss of over 3million Biafran civilians and mostly children and women, and Ojukwu was forced by Biafran leaders to surrender Biafra to save lives, so Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast and his Vice, Philip Effiong then surrendered Biafra to Nigeria and the war ended and Gowon declared the war a "No Victor No Vanquish" and promised to reunite all Nigerians back and reintegrate Igbos back to Nigeria. Gowon failed to do this as he watched Awolowo implemented a very harsh policy that made Igbos lose all their monies in Nigerian banks before the war such that they got only 20 pounds no matter the millions.they had in bank before the war.

All Igbo soldiers, Police officers, civil servants working with Nigerian government were sacked, only few were lucky to get their job reinstated after the war. All these caused untold hardship, hunger and crime in Eastern Nigeria then, and Igbos began to migrate massively to all parts of Nigeria and the world looking for survival.

Since the end of the war, Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas who became allies in politics started to marginalize Igbos in every sphere of life. Southeast saw no much federal projects, got sidelined in federal politics and appointments, this led to complete degradation of Southeast regional infrastructures such that Igbos started self helping their communities through community development unions and individual contributions as federal government neglected Igbo land after the end of the civil war in 1970.

Igbos forgave the rest of Nigerians and reintegrated happily and started relocating to all parts of Nigeria, doing businesses, investing and living peacefully with their host communities but little did Igbos know that the rest of Nigerians haven't forgiven them as their hatred for Igbos always raise its head whenever it is time.to make federal appointment or presidential election.

Let me stop here for now

Because of all these, the living God, the God of justice and fairness made a decision that Nigeria will forever struggle with leadership until the rest of Nigerians come together and elect an Igbo person endorsed by majority of ordinary Igbos as President of Nigeria. If not, Nigeria will forever struggle with good governance.

The big men of God may never have seen this revelation but I have and I speak with all audacity that this is the ordinance of God concerning Nigeria and God made this decision to correct Nigerians unjust hatred for Igbos because God is a just God. God is a fair God. God hate injustice. God hate marginalization. God hate ganging up against one person.
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by ruffhandu: 3:53pm On May 25
10mobile:
The dull brains will still call them IPOB.

I am Igbo and I'm telling you confidently that there are more reasonable Yorubas than Igbos. If Obi was a typical Igbo, I wouldn't have supported him. Igboland is the only place where a good majority of the state house of assembly could connive to impeach a governor (Obi) for refusing to embezzle the state's fund. This can't happen in Yorubaland. A Yoruba can steal in secret. But to shamelessly, publicly and insistently identify with theft as those Anambra politicians did can hardly happen in Yorubaland. And I can tell you more. Stop your stupid tribalism because it does no one any good. Read my signature and see how very stupid tribalism makes Nigerians.

Nlfpmod

I totally disagree with the bolded. Can you show me any governor who does not steal in Nigeria? Can yous how me a governor who governed like Obi? I am yet to believe there is a state in Nigeria that has an Obi and will allow him to stay more than 3 months, none! If there is one pray tell.

The closest you can get is a governor paying a few people at least, like law makers and other politicians. But Obis's case was, I no go chop, and nobody go chop.
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by richie240: 5:05pm On May 25
Christistruth00:
They should ask Col Banjo Children what befell their Father

Peter Obi Opened 2 eyes and saw Obidients Claiming Lagos was No Man's Land instead of him to shut them up immediately and let them know his Campaign was for a New Nigeria he was Silent and tacitly supporting them

Lagos Etiosa HOR Member Atta was fighting against a desperately needed Highway to be built in Etiosa

Instead of Peter Obi to call him to Order and tell Atta to properly represent the People of Etiosa in Making sure FG delivered the Highway quickly he was again Silent

But this his Campaign against the Lagos Calabar Highway stripped his true intentions towards SW completely naked
Its no surprise. He has to be seen representing the wishes of the ppl (ndi-obidients) on whose party he entered office- which is anti-yoruba/pro S/E. This is d only way he can get them to vote him (again) in d nezt political dispensation.

A time is coming, and now is, that no outsiders will win any election outside their region, bcus its now crystal clear that they are 'moles' within.

You cant win an election outside ur region and still stand against their progress; thats insult upon injury.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by richie240: 5:13pm On May 25
While ppl like u are the real friends of yorubas. grin

So long as one does not 'back outside and pee inside', that person is useless to u.

Oshey, ndi-obidient.
grin
franchasofficia:
Coastal highway that has been halted because its affecting our network data cables due to no environmental impact assessment before jumping on the project.

So Lagos is no man's land started in 2023; can you swear with your life that it started in 2023 or that Igbos initiated that slang of Lagos is a no man's land?

In case you don't know maybe out of ignorance or hatred or bigotry, "Lagos is a no man's land" was a slogan initiated by a Yoruba man, a former Governor of Lagos to tell none Lagosians how welcoming Lagoa was but tribal bigots like you took it out of context and allowed APC political criminals to mislead you into thinking that Igbos started it in 2023 to mean that Lagos belong to Igbos or will belong to Igbos which is never possible.

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by richie240: 5:19pm On May 25
Yes there is absolutely noffin difficult for d Most High to do, but what sane ppl agree with is that He wont punish Sango bcus of Amadioha: none is more righteous than d other! Its like someone saying "fufu is better than akpu", (or vice versa), or that "6 is more than half a dozen"

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands!
You cant blackmail Baba God into ur fuulishness!
What u sow, u reap!

https://www.nairaland.com/8082122/no-plan-apologise-over-1966.
cool
franchasofficia:

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by richie240: 5:38pm On May 25
You guys are clowns.
1. Whats d proof he's yoruba?

2. For the purpose of this arguement, lets say he's yoruba: at least we have someone with a contrary view to the profs. How many igbos have spoken up for kongi (Prof. Soyinka)? How many igbos speak against the wrong doings of fellow igbos??

3. You are the ones that make it tribal so long as u support yours in unison and in the same unison fashion attack theirs, so how wont it take an ethnic coloration?? Was this not the same thing that happened in Jan 15, 1966 thwt is still happenning till today? Or izit that u guys are so rribalistic that you dont even realize you are doing it??

proeast:
I like the way it’s the same Yorubas that are condemning the foolish old man. Otherwise, Tinubu and his band of bigots would have turned it into another Igbo vs. Yoruba tribal issue. Tinubu is the worst vermin that happened to happened to Nigeria.

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Christistruth00: 5:54pm On May 25
franchasofficia:

Say No to fake news

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Jagaban2012: 6:37pm On May 25
obi peter must definitely have something to say about this....let's go to his X account ...he is used to dropping some clueless comments concerning unconcern matters. perhaps he is currently attending a burial ceremony of an unknown person...he is a jobless political failure like some of scalawag on Nairaland who drop garbage comments
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by javascript1901: 6:40pm On May 25
proeast:

Stop this
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by javascript1901: 6:41pm On May 25
franchasofficia:

Fool
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by DMerciful(m): 6:42pm On May 25
There are many good Yorubas. Just few noise makers that want to drag the good Yorubas down

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Eunoiaa(f): 6:45pm On May 25
When there's no finance, there can not be romance.

That first man ate that one. grin
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by javascript1901: 6:46pm On May 25
The second man is not even Yoruba
Nonsense heading
Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Mrexcell(m): 6:52pm On May 25
Wow am beginning to reconsider the view I have for yoruba people there are actually a lot of them that are very intelligent and that can reason objectively.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Mrexcell(m): 6:56pm On May 25
magoo10:
I am happy that Peter Obi is not the one replying the agbaya ,that shows you how pure the man is .nature will always speak for him.

No matter your class or attainment in life any human that cannot stand for the truth is a lesser human more less than the ordinary animal.
Wole Soyinka exposed himself for who he is

A classless hypocrite

I have totally lost all the respect I initially have for that man.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Mrexcell(m): 7:04pm On May 25
EmperorCaesar:
This isn't about tribal matter and I wonder why u needed to include his tribe

The most important thing is that WS is the only Nigerian to be this honored

Your thoughts are useless

That still doesn't give him the monopoly of knowledge in all fields of human endeavour he has proven over time to be still limited to his field which is just writing literature nothing else so stop elevating him to God status.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Eunoiaa(f): 7:04pm On May 25
EmperorCaesar:
The fact that people are quictto reply the most revered WS is a proof that he's an enigma

Nobel prize winner 🏆
Even Einstein and Tesla are all a one time Nobel prize winner in academic field

Imagine a riffraff like this challenging Einstein on any matter cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wail more bro

I wonder what achievements you have then that qualifies you to criticize Obi with the way you're going on about the Nobel Prize.

You're obviously a brainwashed Westernized ******** grin.

Olodo that doesn't know that intelligence in one area doesn't mean intelligence in other areas. Olodo that doesn't also know that the NP is for different categories. So because Einstein has a NP and Sole Woyinka has a NP, it now means the latter is a scientist? Because SW has collected a NP, if you put him inside a plane, he'll be able to fly it? Or he can write a computer code?

I won't be surprised if you're one the asslickers of the ego-crazed Paul Graham who was adequately checked when he tried to dictate to non-Westerners how they should write and speak.

If you are good in your field, stick to it. If you tried venturing out of it, anything your eyes see, you take it like that.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by toneroforever(m): 7:06pm On May 25
EmperorCaesar:
This isn't about tribal matter and I wonder why u needed to include his tribe

The most important thing is that WS is the only Nigerian to be this honored

Your thoughts are useless

Soyinka is good no doubt but Achebe is greater than him.
Just like comparing Kanye West with 2Pac.because of the Grammys.
The whites reckon far more with Achebe's works than Soyinka's.
Things fall apart was translated into over 50 languages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by SisterAnn(f): 7:20pm On May 25
EmperorCaesar:
The fact that people are quictto reply the most revered WS is a proof that he's an enigma

Nobel prize winner 🏆

Imagine a riffraff like this challenging Einstein on any matter cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wail more bro
Gray hair is not wisdom.

Gbajue Prof in the mud.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Eunoiaa(f): 7:26pm On May 25
toneroforever:
Soyinka is good no doubt but Achebe is great.
The whites reckon far more with Achebe's works than Soyinka's.
Things fall apart was translated into over 50 languages.

Let him be playing. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by toneroforever(m): 7:36pm On May 25
richie240:
You guys are clowns.
1. Whats d proof he's yoruba?

2. For the purpose of this arguement, lets say he's yoruba: at least we have someone with a contrary view to the profs. How many igbos have spoken up for kongi (Prof. Soyinka)? How many igbos speak against the wrong doings of fellow igbos??

3. You are the ones that make it tribal so long as u support yours in unison and in the same unison fashion attack theirs, so how wont it take an ethnic coloration?? Was this not the same thing that happened in Jan 15, 1966 thwt is still happenning till today? Or izit that u guys are so rribalistic that you dont even realize you are doing it??

If it was Osibanjo that Soyinka attacked and Igbos feel Osibanjo was right on the issue, they will criticize Prof. Even if it was an Igbo that criticized Osibanjo and we believe PYO to be right and the Igbo fellow to be wrong, majority of us will criticize the Igbo.

Dave Umahi tried to intimidate Laila Johnson Salami of Arise TV during a press briefing guess what, sensible Nigerians and a lot of Igbos criticized Umahi and stood with the courageous lady.
So call a spade a spade. It has nothing to do with tribalism.
Mind you, Soyinka stood with Biafra during the war and we respect that.

But on this and other contemporary national issues like the free fall of the naira vs the USD,he is attacking the wrong guy,PO.
Is Tinubu the president not responsible for the economic situation we find ourselves in?
Soyinka protested against GEJ about 10 years ago because of the state of the country,FX then was below N200/$ but now at around N1500/$ he has lost his voice because Tinubu his man is in power.
That's what is called hypocrisy.
People called him out because the respected his views before and are let down by his behaviors lately.
He is entitled to his opinion no doubt but if it insults the sensibilities of the masses, be sure they will come for him & he shouldn't term every hungry Nigerian that does so an Obidient because even some of Tinubu supporters are screaming Ebin pawa.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by Eunoiaa(f): 7:39pm On May 25
EmperorCaesar:

Nobel prize winner 🏆

Wail more bro

And achievements don't count for shit EXCEPT in the professional fields which they are attained. They just show that you're good AT what you do, based on generally agreed standards.

R Kelly, for instance, is a Grammy-winning convict (a serial child rapist). So if he comes out today to yarn an opinion about women or politics, his opinion is suddenly validated because he has won a music award before? undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by paramakina202: 8:14pm On May 25
Make una see who is talking and blaming todays youths.
The founder of cultism in Nigeria.

Re: Yoruba Obidients Reply Soyinka! by SS777(m): 9:26pm On May 25
paramakina202:

Talking trash.Is Deltan a tribe?

Your 3 states is a tribe, drugs trafficking tribe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Constitutional Review: What Do Want Reviewed? / Chinua Achebe Honored With The 2010 Gish Prize / Size Of State House Budget Riles Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.