Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,241 members, 7,923,197 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:14 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (54197 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 11:52am On May 26
NewNigeria2:

So,op Should believe a thread over his first hand experience. You're trying too hard to discredit JW. Channel your energy into something meaningful,go look for money

If others have a different experience from the Op especially seeing that he has a low knowledge about the Cult, who are you to discredit them? You must be a Jehovah's Witness. Do you know Watchtower Bible and Tract Society? Do you know where they came from? Do you know who is your Mediator? grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by ejimatic: 11:52am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

Written by Ifedayo Oyewumi
. All you said are true ;nothing but the truth.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by eventainment(m): 11:54am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:
I am naturally drawn to things that people generally criticize and most of the time, I do find out that most of these things are not really what people say they are. People would generally hate what they don’t understand and that is the case of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. While growing up, I watched people avoid interacting with them and this made me curious to know about their doctrines.

After studying with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 12 years, I can say that they are widely misunderstood by most people. Do I totally agree with them? No, I do not but I share their perspective in some areas like the subject of the Trinity and Tithing. I do not actively study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore but here are areas they have my respect.

First, is evangelism. Without a doubt, no other Christian set actively evangelizes like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, none even come close. As a Jehovah’s Witness, you are readily mandated to evangelize not just occasionally like most Christian sets but regularly.

Second is their civility. As far as I am concerned, I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses are the most civilized Christian set in Nigeria. Even though they use microphones in their services, you can barely hear a sound outside their kingdom hall. I think most churches need to learn from them on how not to disturb people with their horn speakers. It can be very annoying.

Third is their uniformity. I have gone to kingdom halls and many Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conferences in many regions of the country and I can confirm that they teach the same message everywhere. Most multi-branched churches in Nigeria are not like this. Don't let me start to mention names.

Fourth is biblical knowledge. When it comes to biblical knowledge, I haven't seen that Christian set that can win the Jehovah’s Witnesses in a Bible-based debate even though a lot of people will argue that their teachings are heresies. The truth of the matter is that no church is perfect and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an exemption. Try an engage a random 8-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, you will be shocked by his or her narration of biblical events.

Recently, I was watching a video of two pastors arguing about tithing on Facebook and I was so irritated by the pastor arguing for why Christians should pay tithe. The Bible verses he was using as his defense were totally irrelevant to the points he was making. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like that. If you ask a Jehovah’s Witness a question he doesn't know, he will not try to be proof smart to you or beat around the bush, he will simply tell you that he does have the answer to your question but he will reach out to his superior for the answer. Trust me, he will always come back with a reasonable response even if it doesn't really answer the question exactly but at least it will sound very reasonable.

Fifth is their lower divorce rate. Of course, there will certainly be Jehovah’s Witnesses who are divorced but I am yet to see one myself. Do you know one? The Bible says, “By their fruits, we shall know them. This is a clear testament to show that the word of God is of great effect in their lives. Yeah!

Sixth is their devotion. When it comes to devotion, I rate the Jehovah’s Witnesses very high. A Jehovah’s Witness with an MSc can decide to turn into an artisan simply because he doesn't want anything that will hinder him from going to weekly meetings at the Kingdom Hall. One of their members once told me that he has never missed a meeting in his entire life and if I wasn't mistaken, he should be around 32 years of age when he told me that. Jehovah’s Witnesses don't joke with their meetings and that's why you will rarely see a Jehovah’s Witness working in the bank.

Lastly is their less emphasis on money. This is one area I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses most. A Jehovah’s Witness will politely stop you by the road, hand you a book that would have cost you a lot of money, and ask that you give a free-will offering. Even if N5 is all you have, he will collect. This is not the way it is in other Christian sets where everything is for sale. The only Christian set that is a bit like the Jehovah’s Witnesses in this regard is the Christ Embassy with their “Rhapsody of Reality”. It will shock you that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take offerings or tithe in their meeting except a box at the entrance of the hall where members can drop their voluntary offerings. Sometimes I imagine how they can run their publications and the maintenance of their halls. I don't think there is any better way to explain the true provision of God than that.

In conclusion, I know a lot of Christians see the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a heretic movement or even a demonic one but I don't think so. Instead, I see sincere people who are devoted to God in the way they know best. Whether their doctrine is accurate or not, I just hope God counts the sincerity of their heart and devotion as righteousness.

I am no member of this sect but I always tell people they are first heaven candidates. They have better honesty scale than any other Christian sect. They are more trustworthy.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by tctrills: 11:55am On May 26
So I just did a research on divorce, and it turns out that they have just about the same divorce rate as other religions. The USA keeps such stats.
Below is a pew research
https://www.pewresearch.org/religious-landscape-study/database/marital-status/

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Courz: 11:56am On May 26
obiekunie01:

I AM NOT A JEHOVAH WHATEVER BUT THIS POST IS FALSEHOOD.

NO JEHOVA CAN DO THIS SORT OF THING.

Oh you must be new to JW. A young JW girl that Worked with my father who is a JW stole lots of money from him and ran away. Her parents were accomplises to the theft. Because of the disgrace, they left their congregation and the stupid elders didn't resolve the issue. All the money was gone like that. When people have a different experience, don't discredit them. There are many cases of theft in JW. JWs love Network marketing jobs and use it to dupe themselves very well. I have heard many stories and the sad part is that you can't take them to the police because you will be punished for doing that.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by IamBlanco(m): 11:56am On May 26
Your opinions...

JW is a cult!

Every organization whose teaching deny her members the freedom of will, is a CULT!

Those qualities you mentioned a masking the numerous lies, deceit, deaths and misery in that organization. Stop lying to people.

Guys a little search in reddit/google will reveal a lot to you.

Don't be misled by their soft, kind and civil approach. Behind it is an organization whose members even your blood relatives will ostracize you completely if you used to be a member and later chose not to be one any longer.

They are forbidden from reading any religious material even as small as a pamphlet from any body that isn't published by the Watch Tower Organization.

It was this year that their so called Watch Tower Organization permitted Jehovah Witnesses to wear beards.

You don't have to take my word, just do your little research and see for yourself you'll see these facts!

DON'T BE DECEIVED!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 11:57am On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

Thanks for taking the time to write me but I think you missed the whole point of this article. One can actually disagree with something and still respect its consistency regardless. It's a matter of consistency, not correctness.

Those Jehovah’s witnesses call christendom have been consistent with tithing and trinity.

Since you say it is a matter of consistency. You should understand better what it means when Jehovah’s witnesses say others are false Christian because they believe in trinity and tithing.

Una no dey tey to contradict una sef grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:57am On May 26
Deway52:
I am convinced that jw are the real religion, they do everything in line with the bible.

Na small time remain for me now, I don enter.

If everybody in the world is a jw the world would be a better place.

You must be this man! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by bizzibodi(m): 11:58am On May 26
I have attended their meetings with a jw friend in d uni...one thing I like about them is how they shew love & respect for each other...
at d close of service they were all hugging & shaking one another, laughing,sharing banters like one family.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by eventainment(m): 11:58am On May 26
immortalcrown:
I agree with you on devotion, civility, uniformity, low divorce rate and low emphasis on money.

But have you checked the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints regarding these qualities?
I skipped these guys in my first quote. I've met these guys as well. These guys have aggressive evangelism strategy. They migrate just because of the "gospel" I've had various from different African countries talk to me. They even learn a language just to preach the "gospel". Although I question some of their belief cause it's coming from their book "The Book of Mormon"

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 11:59am On May 26
Courz:

Even the Jehovah's Witnesses you are supporting have doctrines that are not Bible based. So, they are all the same. In case you are not aware, Jehovah's Witnesses have their different form of Tithes. They have a specific amount of money they pay per JW. When the money is not up to the total per JW In a congregation, they are always told that they have a Deficit, meaning the amount they have is not up to the required. So, even though they are not forced to pay, they are always told they have a deficit in a congregation. Jehovah's witnesses pay money to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and keep some in their congregatios. Money never flows from Watchtower to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Are you sure? Never heard of this before though
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 11:59am On May 26
simpleseyi:

Jehovah Witnesses are not perfect, just like you and I. But the magnitude of hatred that you other Christians have for them says a lot about you all. Only CCC and C and S do not say nonsense about other denominations, but you Pentecostals are a bunch of Hell Fire bound children of Satan.

Jehovah Witnesses are the only group of people who refused to fight in the World Wars. They said that they cannot understand why the Bishop of England will pray for English soldiers to go and kill Germans who are created by God, or why the Bishop of Germany will pray for German soldiers to go and people who are created by God in England, France, Russia e.t.c. Hitler killed several German Jehovah Witnesses for refusing to go to war, England, US, France and others too imprisoned several Jehovah Witnesses for refusing to go to war and kill people who are created by the same God that the soldiers pray onto before going to kill. Maybe we all need to think about this

Jehovah’s witnesses say others are false Christians and bad associate simply because they are not Jehovah’s witnesses. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by eventainment(m): 11:59am On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.
Have you attended any of their meetings,? Where you worship now, is that not a cult as well?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 12:00pm On May 26
simpleseyi:

They don't say negative things about you, why do you hate them so much?

Go and read comments of MaxInDHouse, Aemmyjah, Janosky about this same Courz grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by guywitzerogal(m): 12:00pm On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
The JW is a cult. They give the outward appearance of civility but the members are in a cage they can't escape from because of the threats of punishment they have been convinced are terrible.
you are stupid for this rubbish
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 12:01pm On May 26
Courz:

But you Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to hate other denominations now. You are taught that you are the only ones that will be in God's kingdom while the others will be destroyed at Armageddon. You are also told to avoid association with others. So, you JWs hate others.

Allow am make e dey advance nonexistent things. Their religious publications full everywhere regarding how they degrade and lie on people head to look good.
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 12:02pm On May 26
Courz:

You Jehovah's Witnesses have been saying negative things about other denominations from the very moment your Cult started. Your founder Charles Taze Russell said Christendom will be destroyed in 1914 which never came to pass. Your leader Rutherford said the same thing using different dates which ended up being False prophecies. You are taught that Satan rules Christendom while you JWs will have everlasting life. You JWs have never said anything good about others. So, why are you shocked that the tables have turned to you?

He wants to manipulate realities on ground
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Deepthoughts: 12:02pm On May 26
Skydivine:
There are some of their teachings that are very dogmatic.
Their stance on blood transfusion
Their teaching about paradise on earth
Their interpretation of the Adamic nature of sin
The meaning and interpretation of hedge and hell
It's ok,give us your own goatmatic teachhings
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by mukthar2000(m): 12:02pm On May 26
I respect them beco they don't celebrate Christmas, but they can drink beer to empty Nigeria berwery .

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by ekanDamie: 12:03pm On May 26
Apologize:
If youre a JW reading this pls im currently stranded at where im at. Kindly assist with just ONE KAY here is my acct 21 99 43O 13O Uba [Michael]...i can withdraw from the road side Pos pls
I you know what to do with your contacts if you are a JW. U wouldn't need to come online.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by eventainment(m): 12:03pm On May 26
EKONGKING:
Jesus and allah could not make Nigeria ,the most god fearing country a better place .

How sad .

before u mention politicians , why cannot the all powered God not able to control them .

I've always asked myself same question. The answer ive told myself is that He gave us all free will so that we can choose ourselves what's right or choose what's wrong
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 12:03pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

I appreciate your submission but you are not entirely correct. Especially the below:

“Do you know that the religion teaches that Christ did not die for the Sins of all mankind but he died for just 144,000 persons known as the anointed ones”.

See the person wey know Jehovah's Witnesses and their biblical knowledge grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by OnknownSoldier(m): 12:04pm On May 26
walexsho:

Who said that in the Bible?
Paul?

Malachi 3:10-15
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by noble2faith(m): 12:04pm On May 26
MaxInDHouse:

If you're one of us just ask for your brothers in that place and your problem will be solved immediately but if you're not one of us then try to call either your family members or better still members of your own religion.

May you have PEACE!

Quote from the Bible to support the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 12:05pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

Thanks for taking the time to write all these.

Good for you and thanks for reading it as well.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by eventainment(m): 12:05pm On May 26
judedwriter:
Truth must be told, Jehovah witnesses are a cult and teach wrong biblical doctrine.... undecided

However they are more persistent in their 'soul winning and evangelism' efforts than many pentecostal Christians who prefer to hide behind the ministries of their spiritual leaders.

Their resilience is admirable, but their doctrine is questionable.

I am no JW member but ill like you to outline the questionable doctrines

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by DonBenny77(m): 12:06pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

Doesn't help the fact that they are religious Fanatics and Bigots
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 12:06pm On May 26
NewNigeria2:

This is not funny.

It is not funny but the reality of how they view people like you who choose to leave then come back to marry one of them. grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by ufotunang: 12:07pm On May 26
EKONGKING:
Jesus and allah could not make Nigeria ,the most god fearing country a better place .

How sad .

before u mention politicians , why cannot the all powered God not able to control them .

...the bible says faith prayers without work is dead

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by HumanObserver: 12:08pm On May 26
OnknownSoldier:

And you had to force me to read that long epistle..

You presented your arguments well.. I don't agree with most but Yes it does appear Asi if they are the last true followers of Christ.. I

Write something about the Nigerian Biafran war..Make I check sth..
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by Eriokanmi: 12:09pm On May 26
ReacherSaidNoth:
Yes, Christianity and all religions are technically cults.
The difference is crystal clear. Cult initiates, you must not leave their association except you're ready to breathe your last. Christianity is a free will religion, nobody coerces anyone. Nobody intimidates. You are free to leave anytime you choose and the goal is making heaven, regardless of your societal status. Cults aren't run that way they're devilish and secret in practice. They kill and main just like tge devil, their mentor does

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by achorladey: 12:09pm On May 26
Matthewdan:
how may i tell you to shut up without sounding rude?

He gave you reality, you can choose to accept or ignore. No need for shut up. You are not the one providing airtime for us all on nairaland grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

Prophet Kumchacha: I Use 55 Different Sex Styles To Satisfy My Wife In Bed / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / "Buhari's Time Is Up, A New President Is Emerging In Nigeria" - Primate Olabayo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.