Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,626 members, 7,948,402 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:22 PM

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses (57084 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by johnw47: 10:11am
false prophecies/false date settings, of the so called Jehovahs witnesses: jwfacts dot com

The Finished Mystery was heralded as further proof that the end of the harvest was nigh, and the heavenly class were due to be called beyond "the veil".

"It is with sincere joy that we are privileged to report that amongst the activities of the WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY for 1917 the Seventh Volume of STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES has been published and is now going forth. We count this as another one of the strong proofs that the harvest is nearing the end, and that in all probability the Spring of 1918 will mark the beginning of the closing up of all activities of the kingdom class on this side the veil." Watch Tower Dec 15 1917 pp.373-374

A later quote claims that though these predictions were wrong, the dates were correct. That too has turned out to be wrong, since 1925 no longer holds significance to Jehovah's Witnesses.

There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovahs faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1914, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time. Later the faithful learned that these dates were definitely fixed in the Scriptures; and they also learned to quit fixing dates for the future and predicting what would come to pass on a certain date. Vindication I (1931) pp.338-339
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:55am
Words of wisdom! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

Reigning Queen Esther At Chris Okotie's Household Of God Church / New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.