Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:04 PM

Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. (968 Views)

Npower: NEXIT Code Is Being Worked On, Please Exercise Patience / Car Tracker Installation Job Very Lucrative But Most People Don't Know / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 12:58pm On May 26
The issue we have now is that many people want to learn how to code instead of learning how to program.

Companies are looking for programmers and not coders, and you may be wondering that what's the difference...

Programming a skill that involving using programming principles and critical thinking to solve real world problems while coding involves actually writing the codes. No one ever survives a a coder in the industry.

As ab experienced programmer, I have tried training people on how to program but a lot of them are just to hasty to be writing codes and eventually they get frustrated then end up dumping tech or running away to UI/UX.

The beauty of programming is that, if you master the skill, you can easily grasp any programming language because the idea is the same in almost every programming language but the syntaxes are different.

Programming is hard, is a way of thinking and is a skill you need to learn. The moment you get it, you will become a problem solver that is valuable to many companies. Someone that is already good in programming using python will understand, to a professional level C#, C++ or any other language in less than 1 month of studying.

These are the guys companies are looking for and not people who just want to code. Forget about the actual codes and learn the concept of programming, the sky will be your limit because these syntaxes will come to you naturally as you see them often.

4 Likes

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:02pm On May 26
Oga, you're just deceiving yourself . A person who learnt Python will never grasp C++ in under a month, talk more at a professional level. Stop misleading people

2 Likes

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:07pm On May 26
Jashub:
Oga, you're just deceiving yourself . A person who learnt Python will never grasp C++ in under a month. Stop misleading people
lol, it's the same idea.

It's people like you, who learn to write codes instead of how to program.

My first language was Javascript, I learnt OOP in Javascript. Someone who already knows OOP in Javascript will not struggle to learn C++ in one month to build an application. It becomes a problem when you want to be cramming the syntaxes.

There's no difference OOP concept in Javascript and C++ aside from the prototype and class model and to understand the mutithreaded nature of C++ and the a bit of its syntax. You can build an application with C++ in a month if you know Javascript OOP

1 Like

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:11pm On May 26
Workch:
lol, it's the same idea.

It's people like you, who learn to write codes instead of how to program.

I first language was Javascript, I learn OOP in Javascript. Someone who already knows OOP in Javascript will not struggle to learn C++ in on month to build an application. It becomes a problem when you want to be cramming the syntaxes
Oga, you're talking trash mixed with lies. No body, I repeat , nobody will learn C++ under a month and become a professional after learning a stupid script language like Javascript. Stop misleading people with your idle banter that has no relevance to programming or coding

1 Like

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:15pm On May 26
Jashub:
Oga, you're talking trash mixed with lies. No body, I repeat , nobody will learn C++ under a month and become a professional after learning a stupid script language like Javascript. Stop misleading people with your idle banter that has no relevance to programming or coding
Again, I said again and again. You will build an application with C++ in a month if you already know concept of OOP in Javascript.

It will become a problem if you want cram syntax. The moment you know concept of programming, it becomes easier to switch between languages. I will say it 1000 times.

You may not know it as an expert but you will build an app with C++ if you already know OOP in Javascript

1 Like

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:17pm On May 26
Workch:
Again, I said again and again. You will build an application with C++ in a month if you already know concept of OOP in Javascript.

It will become a problem if you want cram syntax. The moment you know concept of programming, it becomes easier to switch between languages. I will say it 1000 times.

You may not know it as an expert but you will build an app with C++ if you already know OOP in Javascript
Shut up ...you're not an expert. You're just a clueless moŕon behind a qwerty keyboard . Your profile doesn't even show any activity in the programming section and you're here talking . Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:20pm On May 26
Jashub:
Shut up ...you're not an expert. You're just a clueless moŕon behind a qwerty keyboard . Your profile doesn't even show any activity in the programming section and you're here talking . Nonsense
Stop insulting people.
Say what you know like you are civil.

And I'm saying it again, if you know Javascript OOp, you will built a c++ application in 1 month of studying C++. Stop making people scared.

It's very learnable with the right mindset of strictly learning concept.

3 Likes

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:22pm On May 26
Workch:
Stop insulting people.
Say what you know like you are civil.

And I'm saying it again, if you know Javascript OOp, you will built a c++ application in 1 month of studying C++. Stop making people scared.

It's very learnable with the right mindset of strictly learning concept.
Mindset has nothing to do with reality. Real coding and programming takes time. Have you tried CS50x ? Try it and come back and tell me if you think the rubbish you're saying holds any weight

1 Like

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:25pm On May 26
Jashub:
Mindset has nothing to do with reality. Real coding and programming takes time. Have you tried CS50x ? Try it and come back and tell me if you think the rubbish you're saying holds any weight
even 2 weeks, you will build a very basic app on C++ if you know Javascript OOp.

Yes, I said it. Stop blowing it out of proportion. It's a problem when one wants to cramming syntax.
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:26pm On May 26
Workch:
even 2 weeks, you will build a very basic app on C++ if you know Javascript OOp.

Yes, I said it. Stop blowing it out of proportion. It's a problem when one wants to cramming syntax.
Build wetin...? Okay ...you want to use ChatGPT to do it abi? Lol...dullard grin

Deceive yourself . grin
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:28pm On May 26
Jashub:
I write Python, Javascript, Java and c#.

I know what I am saying. I learnt Javascript first, that was the most difficult part of it all. It took me 1 year to even start building moderate apps on my own but the moment I understood the concept of thinking and solving problem, switching to other languages was not as challenging.
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:28pm On May 26
Workch:
I write Python, Javascript, Java and c#.

I know what I am saying. I learnt Javascript first, that was the most difficult part of it all. It took me 1 year to ven start building moderate apps on my own but the moment I understood the concept of thinking and solving problem, switching to other languages was not as challenging.
Oga, rest. Your case just dey clueless i swear grin
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:29pm On May 26
Jashub:
Build wetin...? Okay ...you want to use ChatGPT to do it abi? Lol...dullard grin

Deceive yourself . grin
You are rude, no wonder you can't understand C++ in time.

5 Likes

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by FirstbornWds: 1:30pm On May 26
Jashub:

Speak for yourself.
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:31pm On May 26
Jashub:
Oga, rest. Your case just dey clueless i swear grin
If your head no carry am no mean say person own no go carry am.

It's simple as that. I learnt Java and c# in less than 6 months. And yes, I code with AI, almost every programmer does.

If you can code without AI, drop your detials, I have a challenge for you.

2 Likes

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:32pm On May 26
FirstbornWds:

Speak for yourself.
he's talking what he knows nothing about.

Because he cannot do it, he thinks everyone can't.

3 Likes

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by FirstbornWds: 1:33pm On May 26
Jashub:

The fact that you can't doesn't mean others can't. Yes, it might be complicated but we have different days of learning and of course you can't be an expert under one month. Even as a pro, some things will still overlehelm you that you might need to consult for.
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by FirstbornWds: 1:34pm On May 26
Workch:

It's simple as that. I learnt Java and c# in less than 6 months. And yes, I code with AI, almost every programmer does.

In this advance day and time, who doesn't utilize AI? The major thing is not depending on it and having full knowledge of what to do in case of a holdup.

No be everything be fight.
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:35pm On May 26
FirstbornWds:

The fact that you can't doesn't mean others can't. Yes, it might be complicated but we have different days of learning and of course you can't be an expert under one month. Even as a pro, some things will still overlehelm you that you might need to consult for.
Oga, nobody will learn C++ in a month and become a pro...that's a lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:37pm On May 26
Workch:

Oga, come and join a hackathon and stop all this online noise you're making . grin

You think say na "Hello world " be coding ...
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:41pm On May 26
Jashub:
Oga, come and join a hackathon and stop all this online noise you're making . grin

You think say na "Hello world " be coding ...
Can you code without AI?
how can you even learn when you are this rude.
People like you empty and making loud noise.

I am saying it again, you can learn basic C++ in a month and build an app if you already know OOp Javascript. I will say it everywhere in the world because it's true
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:43pm On May 26
Jashub:
Oga, nobody will learn C++ in a month and become a pro...that's a lie from the pit of hell.
how can you even learn how to code when you even fail to understand and comprehend what the guy posted?
These are some of the reasons why you are finding coding so challenging.

Read his comment again, where did he say that you will be a pro in one month? 😂

You cannot learn much with this your attitude and I'm not surprised as to why you find it difficult to build an app in you first Month of learning C++ after learning Javascript.

1 Like

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:44pm On May 26
Workch:
Can you code without AI?
how can you even learn when you are this rude.
People like you empty and making loud noise.

I am saying it again, you can learn basic C++ in a month and build an app if you already know OOp Javascript. I will say it everywhere in the world because it's true
Please say it on Github or any credible programmers forum. You'll be chased with whips I swear
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:45pm On May 26
Jashub:
Please say it on Github or any credible programmers forum. You'll be chased with whips I swear
By someone who can't build a simple app in C++ after learning OOP Javascript? 😂

Such a person must be a very slow learner. No be everyone dey learn slow like you, Oga
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:47pm On May 26
Workch:
how can you even learn how to code when you even fail to understand and comprehend what the guy posted?
These are some of the reasons why you are finding coding so challenging.

Read his comment again, where did he say that you will be a pro in one month? 😂

You cannot learn much with this your attitude and I'm not surprised as to why you find it difficult to build an app in you first Month of learning C++ after learning Javascript.
You be mumu...I'm a certified Tester on Utest who specializes in smoke testing apps and payment systems. I even run cybersecurity gigs for clients both home and abroad. Show us your gigs and the jobs you've handled . Idìot
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 1:49pm On May 26
Workch:
By someone who can't build a simple app in C++ after learning OOP Javascript? 😂

Such a person must be a very slow learner. No be everyone dey learn slow like you, Oga
You be mumu....but I don't blame you sha. I blame Nairaland.com for giving mòrons like you access grin
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Workch: 1:51pm On May 26
Jashub:
You be mumu....but I don't blame you sha. I blame Nairaland.com for giving mòrons like you access grin
You are rude, rude people don't excel in whatever they do including programming.
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Wizyoung(m): 2:08pm On May 26
Jashub:

Jeez! Can you stop already?

People like you are the reason why people don't drop educative posts on nairaland anymore.

Why should they when they'd be met with trolls and antagonist like you who just can't be civic and polite in their engagement.

Stop taking this personal. Programming isn't for everyone! You failing at the simplest C++ project after a month despite understanding JavaScript OOP doesn't mean everyone fails too.

Let's learn to disagree and move on especially on debatable topics as this.

2 Likes

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by FirstbornWds: 2:41pm On May 26
Your understanding is quite worrisome man.

Goodness gracious.
Jashub:
Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 3:22pm On May 26
FirstbornWds:
Your understanding is quite worrisome man.

Goodness gracious.
You must be stupid. Was I talking to you ...? Didnt the idiotìc Op say in his first post that having understanding of Python can allow a person understand C++ and other languages in less than a month ? My problem with idiotš like you is that you don't even know the basis of an argument before diving in to support what is logically impossible

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by Jashub: 3:27pm On May 26
Wizyoung:

Jeez! Can you stop already?

People like you are the reason why people don't drop educative posts on nairaland anymore.

Why should they when they'd be met with trolls and antagonist like you who just can't be civic and polite in their engagement.

Stop taking this personal. Programming isn't for everyone! You failing at the simplest C++ project after a month despite understanding JavaScript OOP doesn't mean everyone fails too.

Let's learn to disagree and move on especially on debatable topics as this.
Read what the OP is saying mumu...stop flattering with what is impossible. Ask top programmers on this forum if its possible...ask on Reddit and Quora , you'll get the same fvcking answer

Re: Learning How To Code Is Still Very Lucrative. by FirstbornWds: 3:40pm On May 26
Jashub:
You must be stupid. Was I talking to you ...? Didnt the idiotìc Op say in his first post that having understanding of Python can allow a person understand C++ and other languages in less than a month ? My problem with idiotš like you is that you don't even know the basis of an argument before diving in to support what is logically impossible

You need to probably eat and have a cold drink cos it's very obvious you are having a bad day. If not, there's no way you'd have gotten all lousy and all.

Be good and happy Sunday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need A Job Urgently / Need A Job Urgently / How Toget It Started With A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.