Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,166 members, 7,884,070 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (213906 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hello house
I have 03 vw passat,1.8turbo engine,automatic transmission

The gear one is slow to move please what should I check to correct this other people that I contacted says that how the car is been built please I want confirmation from you all
Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2013
delaw4u: Hello house
I have 03 vw passat,1.8turbo engine,automatic transmission

The gear one is slow to move please what should I check to correct this other people that I contacted says that how the car is been built please I want confirmation from you all
Thanks

Again, as I always advice people...get the drivetrain scanned, rather than ask for remote guesswork. That's what the OBD port's for.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by fsb(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
Siena:

Again, as I always advice people...get the drivetrain scanned, rather than ask for remote guesswork. That's what the OBD port's for.

Dear Mr Siena, please any word on my post?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
fsb:

Dear Mr Siena, please any word on my post?

Which post bro?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by fsb(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
fsb: Dear Mr Siena,

Good morning, I have issues with transmission slippage on my vw jetta. See details below:
01) Make. Vw
02) Model. Jetta
03) Engine size. 1.6L
04) Transmission type. Automatic
05) Model year. 2006
06) Spec (Euro or US). US
07) Drive configuration. not sure of what this means yet
My car has the following issues:

1 . All gears are selected in the instrument panel (I guess that means it is in limp mode. Why it is in limp mode is what I don't understand)

2. Other signs: vehicle occasionally jerks quite violently when the reverse gear especially is selected from 'P' position. The drive is also jerky also occasionally especially during gear change. Most times, the car will change gears seamlessly but with deceleration to a complete stop, accelerating is unusually prolonged. Seems the engine power for some reason isn't been transmitted to the wheels. There is also the occasional high engine revs (loss of gear).

While one auto mechanic recommended a change of gear oil, another recommended changing the gear box altogether. So a little confused about the way forward...

I bought a VAG cable and scanned all systems myself. Got the following results for the transmission
After scanning the transmission, I had the following error codes:

17118 - Gear 4
P0734 - 003 -Incorrect Ratio - Intermittent

01192 - Torque Converter Lock-up Clutch
003 - Mechanical Failure - Intermittent

what do you advise? The link below links to a document with entire scan results for the car.
https://www.nairaland.com/download/1315080

Awaiting your response

Please see the above. I included a link where you can download the entire text containing auto scan report for the ride but I am particular about the transmission.

Would appreciate your input.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
What do u mean that I should scan the drive train scan u I don't understand it
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hello,
I have 03 volkswagen passat please wish oil should I use for better servicing and maintenace
Transmission fluids
Power steering fluids
Engine oil and what type of coolant should I use thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
What do u mean that I should scan the drive train I don't understand, what do u mean by obd ports? how do I do it
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by george2bam(m): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2013
kl2020: come 2 nigeria and open a mechanic workshop, it will help a lot
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by delaw4u: 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Stop nonsences if u don't know what I ask about ok
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by bisi16(m): 1:54am On Oct 05, 2013
gud day Siena. as i write, i m not a happy man. i hit a sharp edged ditch that shattered my auto tranny gearbox bottom plate. it could have bn worse if not for d metal protector guarding it. after my mech fixed it, i ve noticed it revs up2 80 b4 selecting to gear 2. any solution?

car spec is 1995 golf 3, 1.8l electric caburrator..
hoping 2 count my query as part of d 1s responded 2.. thanx a lot
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
delaw4u: Stop nonsences if u don't know what I ask about ok

Who are you referring to? And I have no idea what your query is, you'll need to make it much clearer.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
bisi16: gud day Siena. as i write, i m not a happy man. i hit a sharp edged ditch that shattered my auto tranny gearbox bottom plate. it could have bn worse if not for d metal protector guarding it. after my mech fixed it, i ve noticed it revs up2 80 b4 selecting to gear 2. any solution?

car spec is 1995 golf 3, 1.8l electric caburrator..
hoping 2 count my query as part of d 1s responded 2.. thanx a lot

Volkswagen Golf III 1.8L.

Sounds like your auto tranny has damage to the valve body / chest. Though the most likely cause of delayed upshifts is incorrect fluid level, or incorrect fluid grade.

When your mechanic fixed your transmission oil pan, did he do a drain (of what was left of the fluid) and refill? If yes, what fluid did he use, and was the transmission oil filter / strainer replaced at the same time?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
@Siena I asked for your view on Audi 1.8/2.0 2000 to 2005 preferably a quatrro as a daily transport car sir.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
smartchoice: @Siena I asked for your view on Audi 1.8/2.0 2000 to 2005 preferably a quatrro as a daily transport car sir.

Based upon Nigerian mechanic's poor knowledge of modern engines, I would recommend the Audi A4 B6 2.0 I4 20V.

The 1.8 models are all turbocharged, so maintaining the fragile KKK-03/S turbo in Nigeria may be a challenge. Not recommended. The 2.0 version comes in 2 models:

2.0 I4 DOHC 20V (130 hp).
2.0 I4 DOHC 16V (150 hp).

The 150 hp version is an FSI engine, so we're talking direct injection gasoline. Not an engine for the average mechanic to work on, the fuel pump is unique to the FSI, runs very high pressure (almost as high as a diesel's!). If it needs to be replaced, it will have to be from the same car, i.e an FSI model. The injectors are also pretty complex, and unique to the B6 A4 FSI.

The 130 hp version is a conventional indirect injection engine. It is the equivalent of the 1.8T, just 200cc's larger, and no turbo. Easier to work on as well. This engine is shared with the Volkswagen Passat B5/5.5 (engine code ALT).

If you're set on a Quattro (AWD) model, you won't find this in a 2.0. Quattro models were:

1.8T 150 hp.
1.8T 163 hp.
1.8T 190 hp.
3.0 V6 220 hp.

If you're also hell bent on buying from North America, the only models they got were the 1.8T in FWD and Quattro, and the 3.0 V6 in Quattro only. Available as automatic, tiptronic and manual.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
Based upon Nigerian mechanic's poor knowledge of modern engines, you recommend the Audi A4 B6 2.0 I4 20V?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
smartchoice: Based upon Nigerian mechanic's poor knowledge of modern engines, you recommend the Audi A4 B6 2.0 I4 20V?

Yes, I do.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
sad so I have to overlook all those heavily loaded Audis' angry

Siena:

Yes, I do.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EkpewuOhwofasa: 8:23am On Oct 06, 2013
Honourable gudday sir,please can you give advice on how to get atomobile wiring diagram CD softwares,you can post the answer on my mail box ekpewuohwofasa@yahoo.com
[image][/img]

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 06, 2013
Ekpewu Ohwofasa: Honourable gudday sir,please can you give advice on how to get atomobile wiring diagram CD softwares,you can post the answer on my mail box ekpewuohwofasa@yahoo.com
[image][/img]

No, I can't advise you.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by IdaraCHODB(m): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2013
Ekpewu Ohwofasa: Honourable gudday sir,please can you give advice on how to get atomobile wiring diagram CD softwares,you can post the answer on my mail box ekpewuohwofasa@yahoo.com
[image][/img]

I know you can get wiring diagrams.

Not sure you can get them in CD format, online format accessible via a http connection is more likely.

Am sure if its for an Audi or Volkswagen, Mr. Siena can help you if you ask him the right way. LOL.

But if you need it for other applications and Mr. Siena cannot help you, then I can try. LOL.

For which application? for just one vehicle? or for multiple vehicles? If i know i can advise you better

I would also advise, it is not best to ask an unrelated question under a thread because that's against forum rules aka 1.Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.

All the best!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
IdaraCHODB:

I know you can get wiring diagrams.

Not sure you can get them in CD format.

For which application? for just one vehicle? or for multiple vehicles? If i know i can advise you better

Please observe forum etiquette, and contact Ekpewu via PM, least you derail this thread.

Thank you.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by fashrules: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
hi everyone. is it advisable to get an audi A6 or A8 2000-2003 car for use here in nigeria? i have fears that it might be hard to maintain, mechanics might have issues working on it etc.
@siena do you think its a great german car to use here in nigeria considering all factors?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
fashrules: hi everyone. is it advisable to get an audi A6 or A8 2000-2003 car for use here in nigeria? i have fears that it might be hard to maintain, mechanics might have issues working on it etc.
@siena do you think its a great german car to use here in nigeria considering all factors?

I'm sure there are Audi A6 and A8 cruising the streets of Nigeria, and their owners obviously get them serviced and looked after. As long as you don't patronise roadside mechanics who don't know one end of a spanner from the other, and use REPUTABLE garages, you'll be fine. It's when owners skimp, become penny-pinching and use non-qualified personnel, that problems start.

You've gotta pay to play. Use Oyewoles and other bodgers, and you'll end up with expensive damage, heart-stopping bills, and your bank account will drain faster than a ruptured Kainji Dam.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
why Oyewoles and not Chukwudi's and Tafida's? sad

Siena:

I'm sure there are Audi A6 and A8 cruising the streets of Nigeria, and their owners obviously get them serviced and looked after. As long as you don't patronise roadside mechanics who don't know one end of a spanner from the other, and use REPUTABLE garages, you'll be fine. It's when owners skimp, become penny-pinching and use non-pqualified personnel, that problems start.

You've gotta pay to play. Use Oyewoles and other bodgers, and you'll end up with expensive damage, heart-stopping bills, and your bank account will drain faster than a ruptured Kainji Dam.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by IdaraCHODB(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
fashrules: hi everyone. is it advisable to get an audi A6 or A8 2000-2003 car for use here in nigeria? i have fears that it might be hard to maintain, mechanics might have issues working on it etc.

Your question was meant for Siena but hope you don't mind me contributing.

My neighbor has been driving a late model Audi for as long as i can imagine, late model is post 1999 and as far as i can tell he has not run into issues.

He is driving it in Nigeria, so why not if not? If you love a car go for it, and if want to keep the car for long, get an education on the car and i can guarantee you, it will be pleasant all through, problems begin when you believe the maintenance of a car is only necessary when it develops a fault (ignoring the manufacturer maintenance schedule or the advice of overlords like Siena who often discover issues the manufacturer might have ignored or didn't take note of) and also when you believe the maintenance of the car is a problem for the mechanic and not your headache, so if you can invest money is a machine on 4 wheels then invest the time and effort and money to keep in running.

As you well know, if the car doesn't run. People won't ask you, how are you? They'll ask, what about your car? And depending on how you view life, it might be a big blow on psyche!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
smartchoice: why Oyewoles and not Chukwudi's and Tafida's? sad

Because Oyewole's is what came to mind. It had to be one or the other - there are probably more than 50 different terms for roadies, would you rather I listed all of them?

Please don't apply a tribal slant, where none exist.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
winkclarified!

Siena:

Because Oyewole's is what came to mind. It had to be one or the other - there are probably more than 50 different terms for roadies, would you rather I listed all of them?

Please don't apply a tribal slant, where none exist.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by bisi16(m): 5:26am On Oct 07, 2013
Siena:

Volkswagen Golf III 1.8L.

Sounds like your auto tranny has damage to the valve body / chest. Though the most likely cause of delayed upshifts is incorrect fluid level, or incorrect fluid grade.

When your mechanic fixed your transmission oil pan, did he do a drain (of what was left of the fluid) and refill? If yes, what fluid did he use, and was the transmission oil filter / strainer replaced at the same time?
Yes he did all that, d filter wasn't damaged anyway. I use Seahorse atf but its been resolved now. D mech didn't see d transmission sensor dat was cut as a result of d hit. He later saw it, connected, and after a 10min drive, d shifting went back 2normal, or even beta.

MY LUV 4 GERMAN CARS JUST INCREASED BY 100% :-)
Thanx a million. God bless u real good 4 d response
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by 6280kole: 8:14am On Oct 10, 2013
Siena good day.
It's not like I have options at the moment.
I have been given an audi a4 2003, 1.8t, with manual transmission.
How do you suggest I maintain it for optimum performance and less hood problems?
Also the type of engine oil to be used.
Siena:

Based upon Nigerian mechanic's poor knowledge of modern engines, I would recommend the Audi A4 B6 2.0 I4 20V.

The 1.8 models are all turbocharged, so maintaining the fragile KKK-03/S turbo in Nigeria may be a challenge. Not recommended. The 2.0 version comes in 2 models:

2.0 I4 DOHC 20V (130 hp).
2.0 I4 DOHC 16V (150 hp).

The 150 hp version is an FSI engine, so we're talking direct injection gasoline. Not an engine for the average mechanic to work on, the fuel pump is unique to the FSI, runs very high pressure (almost as high as a diesel's!). If it needs to be replaced, it will have to be from the same car, i.e an FSI model. The injectors are also pretty complex, and unique to the B6 A4 FSI.

The 130 hp version is a conventional indirect injection engine. It is the equivalent of the 1.8T, just 200cc's larger, and no turbo. Easier to work on as well. This engine is shared with the Volkswagen Passat B5/5.5 (engine code ALT).

If you're set on a Quattro (AWD) model, you won't find this in a 2.0. Quattro models were:

1.8T 150 hp.
1.8T 163 hp.
1.8T 190 hp.
3.0 V6 220 hp.

If you're also hell bent on buying from North America, the only models they got were the 1.8T in FWD and Quattro, and the 3.0 V6 in Quattro only. Available as automatic, tiptronic and manual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.