Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,196 members, 7,887,476 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) (2314 Views)

Please What Is Rochas Okorocha Doing In This Photo? / 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by manchy7531: 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
Yesterday was watching a program on Channelstv title question time and the guest was Rochas Okorocha.ever since he became the governor of imo state.i had never seen him speak for long on TV.yesterday was an opportunity for me to really access him and rate him.i was impressed by his articulation and he looks focused.

but i will like to know from people that watched the program in Nigeria.what are your assessment of him and also from Imolites,if what he said on TV as to the projects he is embarking on,if they are all true.He said something that baffled me when he said IMO is a very rich state and infact,the richest state in Nigeria.was it a mere talk or he was just exaggerating(though to me,he just wanted to express how rich the state is) and that he can never be governor to a poor state,also he talked about he over blotted cabinet,that so long as he is achieving his goal that those complaining can go to hell.

he also said he signed 20,000 minimum wage for imo workers,also he talked about building new schools of international standard in all the 350 wards simultaneously.he said all the roads in orlu,okigwe and owerri are being tarred simultaneously,he also talked about Ada-farm and the renovation of Imo Concord Hotel and also upgrading Oguta lake to meet international tourist destination standard.
he also seem to be in support of the removal of fuel subsidy removal.Am really indifferent about fuel subsidy removal but the way Rochas explained why the fuel subsidy should be removed,i think i was really convinced and it occurred to me that Okonjo Iweala really mean well for Nigeria but the economic situation and poor education about the fuel subsidy is her biggest problem and also some opposition leaders that will want to use the subsidy as a case to tarnish the image of GEJ's government.

Am in Houston now and i can wait to get home and dash to Ala Owerri.where i have most of my friends and i will be coming with two of my white friends,wanna show them port Harcout and Owerri(home of fun & popping)

Please what are your views,are they all true?if what all he said is true then this guy is probably on his way to 2015 and he will be the reason why PDP will be kicked out of the SE come 2015
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by igbo2011(m): 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2011
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2011
Poster, Rochas is very real. †ђξ man is a mix of shrewd money management and benevolence. 2015 I has nothing to do with it, I know so because †ђξ people of imo will want him to have 2 tenures after that definitely he'll aim for †ђξ first seat again. †ђξ man is a miracle and when he says imo is †ђξ wealthiest, he's referring in terms of human resource. †ђξ man has put an education policy on that will make every child in †ђξ state educated. I could go on and on but my thumbs hurt.

With what this man achieved in 100 days, i have hope and believe with †ђξ right person in power, Nigeria can jump start with break neck speed that will make †ђξ Asian tigers a joke.
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by koruji(m): 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2011
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by Relax101(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2011
Op, post the links where you watched the program.
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by trw: 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2011
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by danjohn: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2011
I have been following Okorocha's career since his 2003 campaign for President. He is a very ambitious man and he has the charisma and the eloquence to match his ambition. Right now we need to wait for results. Okorocha can sell water to a fish; we all know that. But we cannot be distracted by his showmanship. We need to judge him based on his results. By this time next year we will see if the results on ground match what he is saying now.
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by PointB: 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2011
Subscribing. . .
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by manchy7531: 9:09am On Nov 25, 2011
I have been following Okorocha's career since his 2003 campaign for President. He is a very ambitious man and he has the charisma and the eloquence to match his ambition. Right now we need to wait for results. Okorocha can sell water to a fish; we all know that. But we cannot be distracted by his showmanship. We need to judge him based on his results. By this time next year we will see if the results on ground match what he is saying now.

i think you are right.it is too early to start praising him.we shall see by this time next year what he would have done in imo.by the way will be at P-town in chrimas with some of my friend then head to O-town.cant wait.
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by Otunne1: 11:20am On Nov 25, 2011
@op most of what he said, if not all are all true. Rochas is for real infact if he continues like this, if you dont come back in the next 2 years, you may not recorgnise your city again. Image 42 road project going on at the same time in owerri, owerri/orlu road, owerri/okigwe road, all the major roads in orlu and okigwe, all the federal roads in imo been dualized. Imo can only get better.
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2011
Rochas is one of the most eloquent Nigerians. He knows how to get his message across.
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by otokx(m): 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2011
still skeptical here too
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by okeyfrank: 1:47am On Oct 15, 2012
It is quite unfortunate that despite maintaining persistent lead in university intake, Imolites tend to be myopic in thinking when it comes to politics. I feel so sad that each time someone mentions anything our dear governor is not doing right, some stupid fools take the criticism as political. The best way to assist a leader is to let him know where he fails and commend him for what he does right. What sort of money does Rochas have to warrant such insensitive show of stupidity and waste. We voted him, but I am sure that most of us have regretted this, though may not be open to admitting such. He should not be reminded how much he was owing the banks before the elections, which ofcourse he has paid already. If I am Rochas, I would rather start to redirect my steps, shun greed and intimidation, to win the people back. He has done so much bad than good in less than two years;

1) Handing over Imo Concord Hotel, Imo Transport Company as well as ADAPALM to his proxys, thereby making them his private businesses without following due process
2) Awarding contracts to mediocres most of whom are non qualified and illitrate but are his allies.
3) Opening up so much roads in-order to justify the usage of the money (N36.4B) he inherited in bonds from Ohakim, with no road having technical design or meeting any local or international standard.
4) Flamboyant sharing of unaccounted cash to primary and secondary school kids, most of whom their parents would never wish to handle cash, and most of whom are not well paid.
5) Intimidating the people of Owerri Municipal who incidentally gave him over 90 percent of their votes over his proposed Hotel at Area K World Bank Layout, by openly threatening to share the land to whomsoever he desires with C of O's, and support same with government backing in the court, if the people refuse him usage of the land for his hotel.
6) Forcefully moving Imo State University permanent site from Mbaise/Ngor-Okpalla to his personal university site at his village, and using state fund to build so many structures there under criticism by the entire state, and thereafter moving the university back and reclaiming the built structures to himself.
7) Making a mess of our House of Assembly, who are now his boys and rubber stamps by consistently sharing money to them and giving them executive contracts.
cool Making a mess of our constitution by sacking elected local governments, and not obeying court orders to reinstate them, thereby grounding the local government system in the state.
9) Making a joker of our constitution by forming an unpopular 4th Tier government in a three Tier Constitution, squandering so much money in this futile programme, and causing so much conflicts in the local governments.
10) Abandoning all the quality projects initiated by his predecessor Ikedi Ohakim. These include, the New Government House project and all the adjoining roads, the inner and outer ring roads which include the Flyovers, and which could have taken care of the traffic situations in the state capital, the cleanliness programme, sacking of the 10,000 Imo workers employed by Ohakim and gradually replacing same with his own new employees, the industrialization programme which he now replaces with his Hotels and parks most of which he condemned as places where our little girls are abused.
11) Imo Broadcasting Corporation is presently forcefully prohibited from reporting any local government news, as the Governor is not fully in charge of the LGA's.
12) Owerri is now named 'City of Gates'.
13) Rochas has demolished all the roundabouts in Owerri and rebuilding them. This is a waste of public funds, moreso when some of these roundabouts were barely 2years old and built by Julius Berger during the Ohakim's regime.
14) Government is supposed to be a continuous process; while would Rochas be systematically deleting all the good projects executed by Ohakim?
15) Sixty Imo State Youth were sent to the USA by Rochas for further studies in science and engineering at the University of Maryland with allowances of $7,000 each as announced by the government, with no mention of whom these people are, where they came from, and the modality for selecting them.
16) How would a state government award contracts to contractors and not mobilize them financially, (except those who are close to the governor, his wives and girlfriends, and inner allies), and expect to have good projects.
17) Why announcing a minimum wage of N20,000.00, when in actual sense Rochas in paying less than N15,000.00 by the previous labour standard? This is fraud.
18) Why would the governor think he could deceive Imolites and Nigerians, by claiming to have slashed his security vote from N6.5B to N2.5B while the former governor was not paid security vote of up to N2.5B?
19) Why the excess number of political assistants that warrants wasteful spending of public funds, this of which the governor condemned during the campaigns?
20) Why is the Governor systematically making a mess of all government institutions and running most of them far below normal capacity.
21) What happens to the Imo Water Board, why is the water no longer running, and why are the infrastructures decaying?
22) Imo is experiencing more activities, low productivity and that is exactly Rochas's plan to enrich himself the more.
23) Why the fraud in the unrealistic free university education?
24) Why forcefully sacking some academic and non-academic staff at the IMOPOLY?
25) And now, why this BIRTHDAY BASH!!! that grounded all activities in the state, all with state funds?

Rochas should learn to pick projects and complete them, one at a time. Otherwise, he must someday account for all the wasteful spending on projects, over ninety percent of which were awarded to his family and allies, with no plans to complete them. He is already the governor, and no one is fighting him. So he should settle down and do the job he came to do if any, and unite Imolites.
Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by Not2bee: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2012
guy e go bettr 4 u.some times i wondr those that praise rochas re thy frm imo state.i leave in the north but visits imo regulr.when i visit ow nd some LGa i keep wondrg all the noise about rochas.in ow u only c projects which will hav little or no impect on the lives on the low nd middle class.pls nobody shld be talkin about him buildin roads unless u hav not travelld to othr state apart frm abia.some say he is dualizg road.is it orlu road that has barely left the town or imbaise axes that is so narrow.i hav come to realise that those who praise his govmt re my imolite bros that hav not been prevllge to travl round this county.pls am not a politcian nd hav no problm wit rochs as a person.All i wish 4 my state is a govt that can atleast do half of what mbakwe govt did

1 Like

Re: Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical) by obicentlis: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2012
okeyfrank: It is quite unfortunate that despite maintaining persistent lead in university intake, Imolites tend to be myopic in thinking when it comes to politics. I feel so sad that each time someone mentions anything our dear governor is not doing right, some stupid fools take the criticism as political. The best way to assist a leader is to let him know where he fails and commend him for what he does right. What sort of money does Rochas have to warrant such insensitive show of stupidity and waste. We voted him, but I am sure that most of us have regretted this, though may not be open to admitting such. He should not be reminded how much he was owing the banks before the elections, which ofcourse he has paid already. If I am Rochas, I would rather start to redirect my steps, shun greed and intimidation, to win the people back. He has done so much bad than good in less than two years;

1) Handing over Imo Concord Hotel, Imo Transport Company as well as ADAPALM to his proxys, thereby making them his private businesses without following due process
2) Awarding contracts to mediocres most of whom are non qualified and illitrate but are his allies.
3) Opening up so much roads in-order to justify the usage of the money (N36.4B) he inherited in bonds from Ohakim, with no road having technical design or meeting any local or international standard.
4) Flamboyant sharing of unaccounted cash to primary and secondary school kids, most of whom their parents would never wish to handle cash, and most of whom are not well paid.
5) Intimidating the people of Owerri Municipal who incidentally gave him over 90 percent of their votes over his proposed Hotel at Area K World Bank Layout, by openly threatening to share the land to whomsoever he desires with C of O's, and support same with government backing in the court, if the people refuse him usage of the land for his hotel.
6) Forcefully moving Imo State University permanent site from Mbaise/Ngor-Okpalla to his personal university site at his village, and using state fund to build so many structures there under criticism by the entire state, and thereafter moving the university back and reclaiming the built structures to himself.
7) Making a mess of our House of Assembly, who are now his boys and rubber stamps by consistently sharing money to them and giving them executive contracts.
cool Making a mess of our constitution by sacking elected local governments, and not obeying court orders to reinstate them, thereby grounding the local government system in the state.
9) Making a joker of our constitution by forming an unpopular 4th Tier government in a three Tier Constitution, squandering so much money in this futile programme, and causing so much conflicts in the local governments.
10) Abandoning all the quality projects initiated by his predecessor Ikedi Ohakim. These include, the New Government House project and all the adjoining roads, the inner and outer ring roads which include the Flyovers, and which could have taken care of the traffic situations in the state capital, the cleanliness programme, sacking of the 10,000 Imo workers employed by Ohakim and gradually replacing same with his own new employees, the industrialization programme which he now replaces with his Hotels and parks most of which he condemned as places where our little girls are abused.
11) Imo Broadcasting Corporation is presently forcefully prohibited from reporting any local government news, as the Governor is not fully in charge of the LGA's.
12) Owerri is now named 'City of Gates'.
13) Rochas has demolished all the roundabouts in Owerri and rebuilding them. This is a waste of public funds, moreso when some of these roundabouts were barely 2years old and built by Julius Berger during the Ohakim's regime.
14) Government is supposed to be a continuous process; while would Rochas be systematically deleting all the good projects executed by Ohakim?
15) Sixty Imo State Youth were sent to the USA by Rochas for further studies in science and engineering at the University of Maryland with allowances of $7,000 each as announced by the government, with no mention of whom these people are, where they came from, and the modality for selecting them.
16) How would a state government award contracts to contractors and not mobilize them financially, (except those who are close to the governor, his wives and girlfriends, and inner allies), and expect to have good projects.
17) Why announcing a minimum wage of N20,000.00, when in actual sense Rochas in paying less than N15,000.00 by the previous labour standard? This is fraud.
18) Why would the governor think he could deceive Imolites and Nigerians, by claiming to have slashed his security vote from N6.5B to N2.5B while the former governor was not paid security vote of up to N2.5B?
19) Why the excess number of political assistants that warrants wasteful spending of public funds, this of which the governor condemned during the campaigns?
20) Why is the Governor systematically making a mess of all government institutions and running most of them far below normal capacity.
21) What happens to the Imo Water Board, why is the water no longer running, and why are the infrastructures decaying?
22) Imo is experiencing more activities, low productivity and that is exactly Rochas's plan to enrich himself the more.
23) Why the fraud in the unrealistic free university education?
24) Why forcefully sacking some academic and non-academic staff at the IMOPOLY?
25) And now, why this BIRTHDAY BASH!!! that grounded all activities in the state, all with state funds?

Rochas should learn to pick projects and complete them, one at a time. Otherwise, he must someday account for all the wasteful spending on projects, over ninety percent of which were awarded to his family and allies, with no plans to complete them. He is already the governor, and no one is fighting him. So he should settle down and do the job he came to do if any, and unite Imolites.

Change is constant. Accept change and move forward!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ex-delta State Governor James Ibori Guilty Plea / Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us / Another T.B Joshua Prophecy: There Will Be A Plane Crash Involving Politians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.