Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,710 members, 7,892,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 05:47 PM

Urgent Help Needed... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Urgent Help Needed... (234 Views)

Help Needed, My Friend Is Pregnant � For Her Bestie ... / Help Needed Please! How Will I Remove That Allah Quote On My Sigi ,i No Do Again / URGENT Help!!!my Boyfriend Is Not Being Cooperative With Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed... by SonOfJames: 5:58pm On May 27
Good evening everyone. In March, my phone got spoilt and the engineer said that it can't be repaired. So I got a smaller one to be using till I get a bigger one.
Along the line, someone told me to try Easybuy, that all I needed was just 30% down payment. So last month I located the nearest shop with an Easybuy agent.
When I got there the agent told me that, there's nothing like 30%. Plus, they only do Easybuy for phones above 100k.
So he said that I would need to deposit 44.4% of 135k which was 60k. Plus, I should pick a repayment plan and I opted for 6 months.
After the whole stuff, I was given the phone. Two weeks later, I lost my job. And I used all the funds I had on me to do the down payment.
The first payment came, three days to the payment, and my phone wouldn't stop ringing, SMSes. A day after expiration, threat everywhere, calls here and there. No peace of mind. Even had to call my emergency contacts. So I manage to pay 5k out of 20225 and promised to pay the rest in 2 days. The next day morning, calls again and SMSes, WhatsApp messages with threats. I just said damn it. I borrowed money from a loan app to pay them.
I know that they are doing business and wants to make profit. So far so good I have paid, 60k initial deposit + first payment of 20225 totalling 80225.
I am sick and tired of this. I am thinking of returning the phone back to the store I got it from. I don't mind the money I have spent so far.
Is it possible and will the debt be cancelled?
The phone is just a month old and still in pristine condition.
I didn't know that this is how the whole thing will turn out.
Re: Urgent Help Needed... by immortalcrown(m): 5:59pm On May 27
Check their terms-and-conditions statement to know what it says about returning the gadget. This will enable you to know if returning the phone is a good decision or not.

Meanwhile, easybuy should mean making a product cheaper than the normal price of the product. Payment on instalment is not easybuy. Only a misguided person will interpret payment on instalment to mean easybuy..
Re: Urgent Help Needed... by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:10pm On May 27
this is normal tactics to most money/loan lenders in Nigeria... if you indeed are tired of their constant calls, here is something you should do (instead of returning the phone to them).... talk to any of your close friends family who may want/need a new phone and tell them that "so long as they pay the remaining money on time every month, they can have the damn phone for free". et voila!
Re: Urgent Help Needed... by SonOfJames: 6:15pm On May 27
MrBrownJay1:
this is normal tactics to most money/loan lenders in Nigeria... if you indeed are tired of their constant calls, here is something you should do (instead of returning the phone to them).... talk to any of your close friends family who may want/need a new phone and tell them that "so long as they pay the remaining money on time every month, they can have the damn phone". et voila!
Thanks MBJ. I would have loved to but I am far away from home. So family members are ruled out. Friends? I don't have any. Just a loner. Besides, will anyone be willing to take that risk?
Re: Urgent Help Needed... by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:22pm On May 27
SonOfJames:
Thanks MBJ. I would have loved to but I am far away from home. So family members are ruled out. Friends? I don't have any. Just a loner. Besides, will anyone be willing to take that risk?

- cant you send the phone to them (if they need/want the phone)?
- what risk are you talking about? they will get a 135k almost brand new phone for 50/60k
- would you rather give the phone back to the store and let THEM have that almost brand new phone (with 80k paid for it) back for free?
- there is no other option unfortunately...you can either A) keep the phone and repay the loan yourself, B) give the phone to someone as a gift and let them repay the loan or C) lose 80k and bring/give back the phone to Easybuy. choice is yours.
Re: Urgent Help Needed... by SonOfJames: 7:00pm On May 27
MrBrownJay1:

- cant you send the phone to them (iff they need/want the phone)?
- what risk are you talking about? they will get a 135k almost brand new phone for 50/60k
- would you rather give the phone back to the store and let THEM have that almost brand new phone (with 80k paid for it) back for free?
- there is no other option unfortunately...you can either A) keep the phone and repay the loan yourself B) give the phone to someone as a gift and let them repay the loan or C) lose 80k and bring/give back the phone to Easybuy. choice is yours.
By my calculation it is 20225 X 5 months = 101,125k. That's what the person will be paying for the phone. If anyone wants it. I am down so long the person is willing to make monthly payments.
Re: Urgent Help Needed... by SonOfJames: 7:04pm On May 27
immortalcrown:
Check their terms-and-conditions statement to know what it says about returning the gadget. This will enable you to know if returning the phone is a good decision or not.

Meanwhile, easybuy should mean making a product cheaper than the normal price of the product. Payment on instalment is not easybuy. Only a misguided person will interpret payment on instalment to mean easybuy..
I will check that out. Thanks. About the product being cheaper, it isn't. Phone is 135k and interest of over 50k. The agent was just convincing me to do it. Even when I had reservations about the interest. I fumbled and I accept it.
Re: Urgent Help Needed... by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:13pm On May 27
SonOfJames:
By my calculation it is 20225 X 5 months = 101,125k. That's what the person will be paying for the phone. If anyone wants it. I am down so long the person is willing to make monthly payments.

sorry, i didnt see that the loan you took was such a ripoff. loan of 75k, you are paying back interest of close to 70%, after mere 6 months?!?!?!?!?! why go and sign such a miserable loan to begin with?

that is gonna be a very big lesson for you to learn.... abeg bring that phone back to them and hope they accept to take it back.
Re: Urgent Help Needed... by DeltaBachelor(m): 4:48pm On May 28
Sorry bro

(1) (Reply)

Every Woman Need To Be Treated Right / Dentist Is Evil / What Do You Call This In Your Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.