Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:44 AM

N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW (1275 Views)

Lagos-calabar Highway Can Be Completed In 1 Year With Simultaneous Construction / Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project / New Wage Begins April, FG Votes ₦‎24 Trillion For Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by Turboking(m): 12:15am On May 28
DMerciful:
Moving from consumption to production doesn't mean you patronize expensive products with less quality.

You focus on where you have comparative advantages in production

So in nutshell, the plan was to bamboozle us with great, enticing economic plan,comparing figures with china and to later flip the page after winning the elections, jettisoning the lofty economic plans that your gbajue lord promised will liberate Nigerians from economic hardship to prosperity,for a selective economic plan.

*What happens to government being an enabler to farmers in acquiring good quality rice seedlings for farming
*What happens to government getting involved in encouraging investors in rice mill production across the country to do more in accordance to world best practice . i.e Thailand that you mentioned

You people just enjoys shifting the goal post when its soothing for you

1 Like

Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by CodeTemplar: 1:35am On May 28
The coastal highway will only succeed in winning Tinubu few SS supporters. The main thing is looting margin that can stretch into 30 years of repayment. We lack power but alternative road that can be improved
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by DMerciful(m): 3:09am On May 28
Nope, the plan is to improve the efficiency,
remove the corruption, improve the quality so that its as cheap or cheaper than imported goods.

America imports good from China but military hardware, aviation etc is still where US have comparative advantage.

Nigeria has crude oil, Obi will turn Nigeria to the biggest producer of refined petroleum products. We have cocoa, we could be the biggest producer of beverage but not be at competitive prices
Turboking:

So in nutshell, the plan was to bamboozle us with great, enticing economic plan,comparing figures with china and to later flip the page after winning the elections, jettisoning the lofty economic plans that your gbajue lord promised will liberate Nigerians from economic hardship to prosperity,for a selective economic plan.

*What happens to government being an enabler to farmers in acquiring good quality rice seedlings for farming
*What happens to government getting involved in encouraging investors in rice mill production across the country to do more in accordance to world best practice . i.e Thailand that you mentioned

You people just enjoys shifting the goal post when its soothing for you
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by Nzogbu2012: 3:39am On May 28
Chinua Achebe died at 83, and still couldn't achieve what Prof. Wole Soyinka had already achieved.

Prof. Soyinka will be 90 in few weeks but still more intelligent and smarter than your Peter Obi who is still in his early 60s.

There are levels to these things my people, Prof. Wole Soyinka is not your father's mate
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by Dedeity: 5:10am On May 28
StreetFight:

When you become President in the year 9099, you can generate 1,000,0000 megawatts. For now, shut the fucck up and go and concentrate on your life, so that you would not beg for food like those before you
Shut up already. A country of over 200 million people in black out needs electricity and not that nonsense elephant project called coastal high way. Because of tribalism, many of you have had Your reasoning ability wiped away. Typical Tinubu supporter
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by Brenbentondiaz: 7:15am On May 28
How many megawatts would the 2nd Niger Bridge have generated? Oh yes! I forgot that doesn't count in your hypocritical igborilla mind.
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by Brenbentondiaz: 7:23am On May 28
Igborillas are super dense. How do they want SS people to be looking at their blatant hypocrisy? They're not smart enough to think straight. When something pains them (which is anything that they don't gain from) they just open their mouths without reasoning. For instance, bonobos that didn't raise a single complaint about the construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge (despite there being in existence a functioning 1st Niger Bridge) now realise how wasteful constructing a road can be. These people are dense beyond belief.
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by Ezmans: 7:29am On May 28
JASONjnr:
We need the connection from the extreme south to the west....

This is a well thought out plan. Many Nigerians will appreciate this efforts.

Go to the North, they have rails connecting their regions and they travel at ease.

This is the turn of the South...

This is south lekan!
please mention those parts of the north that we are using rail to connect
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by Brendaniel: 8:23am On May 28
Quintopia:

The 1.5 billion dollars used to build the 2nd Niger Bridge, how many megawatts would that have generated?

helinues:
If you people didn't say anything about the money awarded for the second Niger bridge, why not just shut up about the Lagos -Calabar coastal high way

SuperEagles:
How many MW can the money wasted on second Niger Bridge built when the first bridge is still in great shape.

Brenbentondiaz:
How many megawatts would the 2nd Niger Bridge have generated? Oh yes! I forgot that doesn't count in your hypocritical igborilla mind.

Brenbentondiaz:
Igborillas are super dense. How do they want SS people to be looking at their blatant hypocrisy? They're not smart enough to think straight. When something pains them (which is anything that they don't gain from) they just open their mouths without reasoning. For instance, bonobos that didn't raise a single complaint about the construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge (despite there being in existence a functioning 1st Niger Bridge) now realise how wasteful constructing a road can be. These people are dense beyond belief.

I actually wanted to ignore responding on this thread like I have done for so many others but when I see a false narrative repeatedly echoed by either propagandists, tribalists or ignorant folks, sometimes I'm compelled to set the record straight.

The second Niger bridge costed about 336 billion naira, and the FG only funded about 15 percent of it, 336 billion at the time was about 900 million dollars in value and as at today about 300illion dollars.

The same bridge is tolled for the next 45 years to be paid back by south easterners.

The coastal road is going to cost 15 trillion naira, till date no one has full details of the funding plan, it has been from saying one thing today and saying another thing tomorrow, as at today the cost is about 10.5 billion dollars in value, if it were to be the same time they were building the second Niger bridge, 15 trillion naira value would have been over 30 billion dollars...

Thirdly the first Niger bridge was already worn out, outdated and very narrow which is a steel brigde reason why recommendations where for a new one to be built which was a project of necessity, users had complained of the bridge shaking and vibrating, so do we wait till people die before building a new one?

So how do you compare these 2 projects together based on cost, timing and necessity?

Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by hrykanu231(m): 9:31am On May 28
kokoA:
Life is not all about megawatts. Know this and know peace.

Yes. But it is about poor electricity and underdevelopment.
The slave indeed loves his chains
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by SuperEagles: 10:24am On May 28
So the coastal highway will.not be tolled ?
This is the problem with many of you Igbos so with the elaborate explanation Umahi gave to shut Atiku n the foolish bastard Peter Pandora Obi up on the cost n funding on the high you still could not figure out how much it cost ? How then will you believe me when all major news outlets air the news of it cost yet you foolishly assume some fools in your bigoted tribalistic head will come up to say something different from what the minister of work took his personal time going to TV houses n holding conferences to explain.

On this your bigoted ipob head need to be flogged mercilessly for you to have sense

Comparison of the Second Niger Bridge n Coastal Highway - who are the fools that claiming the first Niger Bridge is old or how many cars as falling over due to the bride or beta still how many cars still uses that bridge toll this hour yet you claim it is worn out.

In your foolish tribalistic head if those on the coastal highway road community were shouting over the coast of the first Niger Bridge like you Igbos are now doing over the coastal do you think you would have gotten the first bridge talk more of the second.

The truth about the whole situation is foolish souls too plenty for Nigeria n tribalism n bigotry as ruined the lives of many like yours hating over what if not celebrated you should shut up about.

It is sickening that you Igbos believe you own a right to criticize a project for any reason across Nigeria. You lot have no idea how foolish you sound. Make I no talk pass like this because of mod.

Soon some fools will wake up from ipob n start questions why fund are being committed into mean to generate more power for the country out of bigotry citing huge coast. This same clowns never bother to query the billions of dollars Obasanjo sank into power without generating nothing but because a project benefit Lagos Yoruba n the Niger Delta see the foolish amount of wail lunatics are churning out to expose their foolishness.

Brendaniel:

I actually wanted to ignore responding on this thread like I have done for so many others but when I see a false narrative repeatedly echoed by either propagandists, tribalists or ignorant folks, sometimes I'm compelled to set the record straight.

The second Niger bridge costed about 336 billion naira, and the FG only funded about 15 percent of it, 336 billion at the time was about 900 million dollars in value and as at today about 300illion dollars.

The same bridge is tolled for the next 45 years to be paid back by south easterners.

The coastal road is going to cost 15 trillion naira, till date no one has full details of the funding plan, it has been from saying one thing today and saying another thing tomorrow, as at today the cost is about 10.5 billion dollars in value, if it were to be the same time they were building the second Niger bridge, 15 trillion naira value would have been over 30 billion dollars...

Thirdly the first Niger bridge was already worn out, outdated and very narrow which is a steel brigde reason why recommendations where for a new one to be built which was a project of necessity, users had complained of the bridge shaking and vibrating, so do we wait till people die before building a new one?

So how do you compare these 2 projects together based on cost, timing and necessity?

Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by Brendaniel: 11:51am On May 28
SuperEagles:
This is the problem with many of you Igbos so with the elaborate explanation Umahi gave to shut Atiku n the foolish bastard Peter Pandora Obi up on the cost n funding on the high you still could not figure out how much it cost ? How then will you believe me when all major news outlets air the news of it cost yet you foolishly assume some fools in your bigoted tribalistic head will come up to say something different from what the minister of work took his personal time going to TV houses n holding conferences to explain.

On this your bigoted ipob head need to be flogged mercilessly for you to have sense

Comparison of the Second Niger Bridge n Coastal Highway - who are the fools that claiming the first Niger Bridge is old or how many cars as falling over due to the bride or beta still how many cars still uses that bridge toll this hour yet you claim it is worn out.

In your foolish tribalistic head if those on the coastal highway road community were shouting over the coast of the first Niger Bridge like you Igbos are now doing over the coastal do you think you would have gotten the first bridge talk more of the second.

The truth about the whole situation is foolish souls too plenty for Nigeria n tribalism n bigotry as ruined the lives of many like yours hating over what if not celebrated you should shut up about.

It is sickening that you Igbos believe you own a right to criticize a project for any reason across Nigeria. You lot have no idea how foolish you sound. Make I no talk pass like this because of mod.

Soon some fools will wake up from ipob n start questions why fund are being committed into mean to generate more power for the country out of bigotry citing huge coast. This same clowns never bother to query the billions of dollars Obasanjo sank into power without generating nothing but because a project benefit Lagos Yoruba n the Niger Delta see the foolish amount of wail lunatics are churning out to expose their foolishness.

Your words not mine...
Re: N15 Trillion For Lagos-calabar Highway Can Generate 9,400 MW by jmoore(m): 8:27pm On May 29
/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Abacha Going To Come Back From Dubai This Weekend? / Madam Speaker:a Second To Non Orator / How I Became A Stateless Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.