Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2388995 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (3572) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Oasis007(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
sod09:
yes if you have faith stick with your regular guns like Aguero,sallah, KDB etc

grin

I believe Auba, Özil will come good against small Teama, hence I will retain them in the Team. But if Özil fails to deliver by GW 5, gonna bin him sharply!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
Spy360:

Bia nwoke, go to Ogbomosho library and find out. Better still ask Jose after all we signed Cech from him.
Na u i dey ask. Or are u not the class captain on this thread??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lana1:
Na u i dey ask. Or are u not the class captain on this thread??
Stick to your Jose induced boring soccer and allow us enjoy our exciting football.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Spy360:

Stick to your Jose induced boring soccer and allow us enjoy our exciting football.
Ok. But before i go, how many points has Cech won Arsenal??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lana1:
Hmmn. So Ozil collects up to 350k a week and dropped a disasterclass 0/10. Yet not one slander but these same people go sabi yab Pogba ontop haircut!!
Ozil was played out of position. Troll with sense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

I believe Auba, Özil will come good against small Teama, hence I will retain them in the Team. But if Özil fails to deliver by GW 5, gonna bin him sharply!
good idea
The season is very young
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diadem10: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
Funny enough Emery has the players to make a wonderful team. He's bought well except Sokratis and Leichnester. I remember one arsenal fan saying they have now got a good ball playing Cb in sokratis. Lol. Same Sokratis that I know. A player that rely most on his physical strength than ball skill and worse thing is he's lost that physical edge in his game. He's also injuryprone, such injury may be a blessing to Arsenal lol.

But on a light note a 41212 won't be that bad. Get in Guendozi to play as a lone CDM with Torreira and Iwobi playing both as no 8 infront of him and Ozil as a 10 behind Laca and Auba.

Have to say it's high time Iwobi started to play as a no 8. He didn't look shabby when he dropped deep for Nigeria and I must say his movement is very impressive. He's got good passing skills as well. Moreover, he's more comfortable in the centre than on the wing and I'm sure Ozil would love linking up with him than say Ramsey or Elney.

Arsenal defence on the other hand is simply woeful. Can't defend.. Can't play the ball out. Shitty things.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nihilstjnr: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
kokaneprodigy:

Emery no get sense.

How will you play Ozil on the wing.

No wonder Mendy left defence to go and provide 2 assists.

I hope we get more of the same next week sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Emery no get sense.

I hope so too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
sod09:
good idea
The season is very young
grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
eph12:

grin

which shop for aba u take produce this one?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Emery no get sense.

Emery made lot of flaws in his line-up, Cech can't learn build from the back at this age, Douzi should have been subbed for Torreira and not Xhaka has the lad was obviously tired leaving the defence exposed. he didn't do much defensively in my opinion.

I trust Emery to learn from this going into the London derby. that's one positive unlike the Wenger era.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
diggz:

which shop for aba u take produce this one?
Bros no be me o. Na so meme sef see am
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lana1:
Wenger being welcomed back to The Emirates after Emery loses 5 straight games!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
When Pogba was being played as a DM with Herrera in his first season, did u use to troll with sense??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
eph12:
grin
LMAO. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Emery no get sense.

diggz:

I hope so too

Why am I not surprised? Shekpites must shekph. See them. Instead of working hard to achieve victory, they're dreaming of osho free.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diadem10: 9:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
Emery made lot of flaws in his line-up, Cech can't learn build from the back at this age, Douzi should have been subbed for Torreira and not Xhaka has the lad was obviously tired leaving the defence exposed. he didn't do much defensively in my opinion.

I trust Emery to learn from this going into the London derby. that's one positive unlike the Wenger era.
guendo made 4 tackles and 4 intercept. Xhaka didn't even make half of it. Xhaka all but left Guendo alone in the midfield. Not his fault though. Only one of them should have started.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
Take a look at these search results: https://twitter.com/search?q=Xhaka&s=08

See what fans are saying about xhaka
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
For me, the match only stressed my quest for fast quality dribbling wingers...

That's the only aspect city totally outclassed us at, Mendy and Walker were running at us with ease, no natural witdh player to pin them back..

Mahrez,sane,sterling and Silva showed what attacking wingers does in a team..

Ozil,mhicky and Auba can only fair there, but won't effect the fire at them like natural wingers, I'm glad Emery and fans will come to terms with this...

City weren't that far better than us except in the wing areas...

Gueondozi, that guy unfortunately didn't pair a carzola type of midfielder, Xhaka has no use in Emery's 11,Toreira's pass to Auba was esquisite, and Lichtensteiner is such a gem at his age, he crosses better than our left backs sef.

Hopefully, next game will be better.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
diadem10:

guendo made 4 tackles and 4 intercept. Xhaka didn't even make half of it. Xhaka all but left Guendo alone in the midfield. Not his fault though. Only one of them should have started.
the fact remains dude was with tired legs in the second half, he could hardly track back in the second half. Emery just tortured him for nothing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diadem10: 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
the fact remains dude was with tired legs in the second half, he could hardly track back in the second half. Emery just tortured him for nothing.
Xhaka looked worse though. Taking him off was the best decision. He provided no defensive cover and looked confused on the ball.

Guendo only needed some energetic movement around him which I think Torreira would provide him. Iwobi too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 13, 2018
diadem10:

Xhaka looked worse though. Taking him off was the best decision. He provided no defensive cover and looked confused on the ball.

Guendo only needed some energetic movement around him which I think Torreira would provide him. Iwobi too.
how about we partner Toreira with Ramsey.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diadem10: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
how about we partner Toreira with Ramsey.
Who's going to anchor the midfield then? Torreira can but he's at his best as a midfield enforcer, ala Kante.

And I don't know what Ramsey offers apart from goals. 4312 setup with Iwobi and Torreira in front Guendo won't be bad in the midfield. Then you have Ozil as a 10 behind Laca and Auba. Everyone gets to play in their best position. Ozil would also love to combine with Iwobi with his style.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
Arsenal reborn lol grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
How do you see this against Chelsea?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
When defending

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dreamswayne:

Switch Torreira and Guendouzi positions.

Mustafi also scares the hell out me with his decisions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dreamswayne:
Too narrow. A high line would easily shut out any attack.

Again, Iwobi needs to under study Ozil rather than pair with him.

Better take away Iwobi, throw in another defender to form a 5-2-1-2.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Adisaowalla: 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
Roland17:

Switch Torreira and Guendouzi positions.

Mustafi also scares the hell out me with his decisions.

what difference would it make?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2018
Adisaowalla:

what difference would it make?

A WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERENCE!

Torreira's natural position is DM, not CM. He is excellent at ball interception because he able to read the game and the movement of the ball, his positioning is great as he provides better cover for the back 4 and closes opponents faster than Guendouzi or Xhaka. His timing and tackling is better than anyone else on that roster.

Offensively he is technically gifted on the ball and is able to start the offense from deep in comparison to Guendouzi. Guendouzi will thrive as a central midfielder, not a defensive midfielder.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2018
Roland17:

A WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERENCE!

Torreira's natural position is DM, not CM. He is excellent at ball interception because he able to read the game and the movement of the ball, his positioning is great as he provides better cover for the back 4 and closes opponents faster than Guendouzi or Xhaka. His timing and tackling is better than anyone else on that roster.

Offensively he is technically gifted on the ball and is able to start the offense from deep in comparison to Guendouzi. Guendouzi will thrive as a central midfielder, not a defensive midfielder.
I think Guendouzi passes better hence his playing deeper than Torriera who tackles better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (3572) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.