Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2371955 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (3560) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^I read it too. My thoughts exactly. If Wenger wants the Arsenal fan to respect van Persie, he should have done the same thing. Van Persie will surely get what he deserves this Saturday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
proudly9ja: ^^^^
I have been saying this for years about Wenger! Even if that's how he feels, he shouldn't be saying it in public! He shouldn't be saying things like 4th place is like a trophy, Carling Cup is not a priority, etc. How do you motivate players to put in their best?

So players need to be 'told' it's a priority before they perform? That is pure excuse-making and nothing else - the 'priority' of the CC didn't change between the first half and second half, yet performances changed, so that is clearly not the issue.

The bigger issue in CC games of recent is the gap between the first team and the up and coming lads - that's the prime reason we don't go as far as we may have hoped. I don't see that changing any time soon so hopefully the second string do the job against Bradford and get us into the semis.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
I accept there's a big gap between the first and second team but its not really been a big issue in the CC. We've qualified for the QF for close to 10 years now which isn't bad. We got knocked out last season by ManCity, the eventual league winners and the previous season, we lost in the final. In yesterday's game, truth be told, we had no biz going 4 goals down with the team on the field.

For the team, I believe one can help a 'not too good' team put up a brave fight against any team by motivating them the right way and ONE of the ways of motivating them is by harping it into their ears that second place isn't good enough IMO.
I'm not making excuses for our past failures, we just need the manager to instill the right attitude in the players. Even AW harps on about right mental attitude and 'spirit'. Those two don't come if the coach keeps telling the team 4th place is like a trophy.

As for the gap between the first team and up an coming players, do you think its because our first team has improved over the years or because our youth set up has failed to roll out quality players or both?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
Good and Bad news
Gervinho is out for another three weeks but Szczesny should be available for Saturday.

I expect us to keep Vito in goal and not make the mistake we made against Chelsea. Gibbs is still out so Santos should still remain at LB and Sagna at RB. With Kos playing on tuesday, its likely we'l have Per and TV5 at CB.

Its the middle that I seem to have a prob with. I don't think we are physically strong in a midfield with Jack/Ramsey, Arteta and Carzola. Im really hoping Diaby would be back soon and back to form too. I fear for our midfield on Saturday considering United are very strong in that area.
I only pray that we'll create and convert enough chances to win us the game. As we've seen, United are also vulnerable at the back so we can take advantage.

edit: Szczesny is not available
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 1:14am On Nov 02, 2012
pursestrings and respect? wenger is high on sontin angry

he is lucky his first match against Arsenal is away the boos wont be so loud. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 2:25am On Nov 02, 2012
mukina2: pursestrings and respect? wenger is high on sontin angry

he is lucky his first match against Arsenal is away the boos wont be so loud. cheesy

Pataki: ^^I read it too. My thoughts exactly. If Wenger wants the Arsenal fan to respect van Persie, he should have done the same thing. Van Persie will surely get what he deserves this Saturday.

HNIC: Van Persie scored 132 goals in 278 games for Wenger's side and the Frenchman hopes the travelling supporters will cut him some slack at Old Trafford.

"I don't know [what reception he'll get but] I hope it is a respectful one because he has played for us for eight years, he has done very well for us," said Wenger.

"You want him to be respected. We campaign against discrimination, it was still the case last week so why should it not be the case this week? I don't know [what the fans will do], I think he will get the reception I hope for.

Is Arsene Wenger really serious, when he says these things, or like a 'father' that he is, he just wants to douse the athmosphere....
The away fans will let Robin know what he did on Saturday!!!
Respect my a**.
Did he think of respect when he released that stupid a** statement?

Tell me exactly what did RVP do wrong? A young boy of about 20 years joined Arsenal at a point in history when even Barca and Madrid wanted to play like us, now even Swansea have more purposeful ambitions.

Look, this thing is simple, Arsenal now considers qualifying for UCL as a trophy, fine. But we shouldn't expect everyone to buy that bull crap, cos that's what it is. Bull Crap. Not every one is Francesco Totti, people with exceptional abilities like to see their effort yielding results.

There's still a video of an exceptional teenager on YouTube, whose dream was to play either for Arsenal or Barca. Mind you, he mentioned Arsenal first. This was around 2002 thereabout. How many teenagers feel the same way a decade later. The young man in question was RVP.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 5:28am On Nov 02, 2012
edoyad:

Tell me exactly what did RVP do wrong? A young boy of about 20 years joined Arsenal at a point in history when even Barca and Madrid wanted to play like us, now even Swansea have more purposeful ambitions.

Look, this thing is simple, Arsenal now considers qualifying for UCL as a trophy, fine. But we shouldn't expect everyone to buy that bull crap, cos that's what it is. Bull Crap.
You're asking for what Van Persie did wrong? shocked
Stop smoking marijuana, it's not good for your health, it has a great effect on your brain.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2012
why are arsenal fans unneccessarily bitchy and vindictive?

is there not a player u folks will let go? at the match all attention will be focused on the rat and rooney will score 4, believe me the attitude and atmosphere from the fans permeates to the players.

worse still is the fact that the guy will kuku still score as per customary things.

abeg.

tho truly if the chap had any respect for arsenal he would have gone abroad and not to a rival, but then if all those skanks in city did it, why not him too.?

bottomline is, you cats need to move on. you should be more worried as to where the goals will come from in the league. last 3 games we scored how many?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2012
^
abeg stop sniffing ya armpit its making you high tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 02, 2012
if u start to perform very well wenger will sell u....nasri,clichy,van p£rsi£,song.....sagnal,walcott?....hmmm, and again koerenke must go, he is not interested in any trophy as far as wenger is making profit 4 him....above all..."IN ARSENE WE TRUST"
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2012
folahann:
You're asking for what Van Persie did wrong? shocked
Stop smoking marijuana, it's not good for your health, it has a great effect on your brain.

Stop being a blind follower, that kind of attitude leads to genocides.

This guy has been loyal to Arsenal Fans, he may have a problem with the management, but I don't recall him dissing the Fans in anyway.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:35am On Nov 02, 2012
mukina2: ^
abeg stop sniffing ya armpit its making you high tongue

mcheew. park well joor cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2012
proudly9ja: I accept there's a big gap between the first and second team but its not really been a big issue in the CC. We've qualified for the QF for close to 10 years now which isn't bad. We got knocked out last season by ManCity, the eventual league winners and the previous season, we lost in the final. In yesterday's game, truth be told, we had no biz going 4 goals down with the team on the field.

You are contradicting yourself if despite the supposed lack of motivation we've reached 10 Q/Fs then motivation ain't the problem. Going down 4 goals is a one off - playing an 18 year old gk, djourou, an off form JD and a clueless Frimpong all in the same game is a recipe for disaster whichever way you look at it. Again down to squad quality - Utd could call on Lindergaard, we used a pure rookie.

For the team, I believe one can help a 'not too good' team put up a brave fight against any team by motivating them the right way and ONE of the ways of motivating them is by harping it into their ears that second place isn't good enough IMO.
I'm not making excuses for our past failures, we just need the manager to instill the right attitude in the players. Even AW harps on about right mental attitude and 'spirit'. Those two don't come if the coach keeps telling the team 4th place is like a trophy.

'brave fight' means nothing - besides was coming back from 4 goals not 'brave'?? This is all about winning, and as long as other teams have better players, you won't win. The problem isn't attitude it's quality. Whether you like it or not, 4th place is like a trophy - just ask Liverpool. I wonder who remembers they won CC last season, or Birmingham before them?

United could call on a 20 goal chicha and Nani, our second string was Chamakh and Arshavin - the very definition of off form players. That's the difference not motivation.

As for the gap between the first team and up an coming players, do you think its because our first team has improved over the years or because our youth set up has failed to roll out quality players or both?

First team has regressed such that lads that would ordinarily be second string are forced to be first team players. Mannone should be playing second string, but due to injuries we needed to protect him and play Martinez instead. Ditto the likes of Wilshere are now seen as saviours when they should be featuring primarily in FA cup, CC and the occasional EPL game. The youth set up remains productive but they are being rushed into the first team. Even Sczezney suffered the same fate, exemplified by his gaffe in the CC final.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
edoyad:

Stop being a blind follower, that kind of attitude leads to genocides.

This guy has been loyal to Arsenal Fans, he may have a problem with the management, but I don't recall him dissing the Fans in anyway.

Releasing that stupid statement and moving to a fierce rival club (leaving our manager with no option) is enough dissing. He had no option but to be loyal during 8 injury-plagued seasons. Arsenal kept renewing his contract despite being injury prone. His first season without injury, then he became too good for Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
Dunno what 4uller and co are on about. The manner of departure will always determine booing or otherwise. RVP's departure was insulting to Arsenal FC and was patronising. I fully endorse booing to the max in this case. No one boos Kolo or Clichy and it's because they departed respectfully.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 12:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
debosky: Dunno what 4uller and co are on about. The manner of departure will always determine booing or otherwise. RVP's departure was insulting to Arsenal FC and was patronising. I fully endorse booing to the max in this case. No one boos Kolo or Clichy and it's because they departed respectfully.

boo van persie at your own risk.....
he would reply by scoring goals against your defence......
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
I will boo him at the top of my voice. As long as we win I don't care which of the scumtwats score. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
debosky: I will boo him at the top of my voice. As long as we win I don't care which of the scumtwats score. cool

win? tomorrow?
i expect another can of arsewhupping.....6-1 or 5-1
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
Lol yall don't wanna boo Van Persie tho. Lest he leaves yall FUBAR
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
coogar:

win? tomorrow?
i expect another can of arsewhupping.....6-1 or 5-1

bring it on. ye shalt be SHOCKED
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2012
Having nightmares thinking about Valencia v Santos. sad sad sad sad

not sure im gonna watch oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
4llerbuntu: Having nightmares thinking about Valencia v Santos. sad sad sad sad

not sure im gonna watch oo

Sagna might be moved to left for Jenkinson to come in. Who knows.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
So Chambo is out of tomorrow's game. Possible lineup (4-3-3):

Vito

Sagna Per TV5 Santos

Ramsey Arteta Wilshere

Santi

Giroud Podolski

Bench: Shea, Walcott, Kos, Jenkinson, Arshavin, etc
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
edoyad: Tell me exactly what did RVP do wrong? A young boy of about 20 years joined Arsenal at a point in history when even Barca and Madrid wanted to play like us, now even Swansea have more purposeful ambitions.

Look, this thing is simple, Arsenal now considers qualifying for UCL as a trophy, fine. But we shouldn't expect everyone to buy that bull crap, cos that's what it is. Bull Crap. Not every one is Francesco Totti, people with exceptional abilities like to see their effort yielding results.

There's still a video of an exceptional teenager on YouTube, whose dream was to play either for Arsenal or Barca. Mind you, he mentioned Arsenal first. This was around 2002 thereabout. How many teenagers feel the same way a decade later. The young man in question was RVP.

Did you hit your head on the wall or how come you are suddenly sensible
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:09am On Nov 03, 2012
"A goal probably deflected off Van Persie's arseeeee into ManU's goal net would be most welcome."

That is the funniest quote I have read so far about Van Persie. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
debosky:

You are contradicting yourself if despite the supposed lack of motivation we've reached 10 Q/Fs then motivation ain't the problem. Going down 4 goals is a one off - playing an 18 year old gk, djourou, an off form JD and a clueless Frimpong all in the same game is a recipe for disaster whichever way you look at it. Again down to squad quality - Utd could call on Lindergaard, we used a pure rookie.

'brave fight' means nothing - besides was coming back from 4 goals not 'brave'?? This is all about winning, and as long as other teams have better players, you won't win. The problem isn't attitude it's quality. Whether you like it or not, 4th place is like a trophy - just ask Liverpool. I wonder who remembers they won CC last season, or Birmingham before them?

United could call on a 20 goal chicha and Nani, our second string was Chamakh and Arshavin - the very definition of off form players. That's the difference not motivation.
You are focusing on one competition i.e. the League Cup. I've said that we don't have much of a problem in this competition because we've always played a totally different team in this competition. A young team usually out to impress and most times even better than the second rate teams our opponents play in this competition. Yes we called on Arshavin, Chamakh but these are players who are way ahead of any of the players on parade for Reading on the night.

Anyways, focusing on the league (which is d point of this argument), would you ascribe losing to teams like Birmingham, Blackburn, Norwich, Swansea to lack of quality especially considering we've had players like Cesc, RVP, Nasri, etc over the years? For me, its losing to these teams that's cost us not the big (and maybe better in terms of quality) teams. This season alone, we've beaten Liverpool, drawn with ManCity away but lost to Norwich and failed to beat Sunderland at home. When you are better (or even just as good) in terms of quality than the team on the field, then there must be something else that would give you the edge over such teams.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2012
From http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-arsenal-unchanged-from-qpr-win

Team in full: Mannone, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos, Arteta, WIlshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.

Subs: Martinez, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Coquelin, Walcott, Arshavin, Chamakh.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
poor game poor play stupid defence, stupid everything angry

what annoyed the most .. santos

and to add to that he begged pursestrings for his jersey right at half time angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lmao! That performance was disgraceful, other than Arteta, Sagna, Mannone, and the BFG every one deserves to be flogged. Vermaelen! Vermaelen!! Chei!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2012
mukina2: poor game poor play stupid defence, stupid everything angry

what annoyed the most .. santos

and to add to that he begged pursestrings for his jersey right at half time angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by olodo(m): 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
cryThis team will contineu to strugle. Untill wenger needs to go and watch this match and count how many shot on goal and we could have chop more goal. This team is not the Arsenal we know or want.WE NEED A StRIKER!!!!!.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (3560) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.