Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,465 members, 7,947,873 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 10:11 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2444173 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (3642) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
Support for arsenal should come with a health warning. My life expectancy has reduced by atleast 25 years!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Na you want to kill yourself noni.

For where. As long as this retard of a hook nose is in charge nothing Dey happen noni.

If ur still.deceiving yourself that this club is capable of winning anything you are sorely deluded.

Smh. This is by far the most useless club in premier league football. I think this is finally the season there won't be qualification for champions league. And I'm not knee jerking, the signs are clear on the wall now, this man is clueless as to what is going on. Its written all over him.

Anyhow sha, i think i have made up my mind to do better things with my time and energy than support and discuss arsenalfc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mystikal(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
I said to myself as we got f penalty 'Please be Giroud and please score'. When Arteta walked up I was already annoyed. He had an absolute shocker today, even when you don't include the penalty incidents, and actually when you watch him play, he never has any urgency.I'm still trying to justify d point in him being in the side. He is a sideways footballer who lacks creativity. He is a passive footballer, who, at the minute, is in a team who lacks any urgency. Our centre backs just pass to each other. Before, somebody would run into space in the middle of the park and pick up the ball. The only players who do this are Wilshere and Diaby. Cazorla does it higher up the pitch but Arteta doesn't bother esp of late.

I don tire jor. Maybe he is just a scape goat, but I'm certain I am not far from d truth
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
Frustrating Arsenal at its best - maddening individual errors continue to cost us. I think Wenger has to introduce a fine for every one of these stoopid errors - £10k off your paycheck if you make one!!

Once again, Theo needs to learn what works - when he calmed down and didn't try to shoot for goal, he created very good chances for Giroud. When he went selfishly, nothing came out of it. He needs to know when to shoot and when to pass.

Arteta had a shocker - poor till we conceded the third goal. When time came for redemption he failed to convert his spot kick. Koscielny was abysmal in the first half, only recovering some drive after the third goal.

The only bright spots were the front three - scoring 3 at home should be enough to win a game against Fulham.

Terrible, terrible performance, but then again not surprising considering the downward spiral this club is on. Up next Tottenham - if they mess up next week then expect a full scale revolt to begin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Hehehe, it pains me to see fellow gooners complaining like this. I haven't watched any Arsenal match recently cos I find myself busy a lot of the time. All the same sha, the management know what to do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
debosky: Frustrating Arsenal at its best - maddening individual errors continue to cost us. I think Wenger has to introduce a fine for every one of these stoopid errors - £10k off your paycheck if you make one!!

Once again, Theo needs to learn what works - when he calmed down and didn't try to shoot for goal, he created very good chances for Giroud. When he went selfishly, nothing came out of it. He needs to know when to shoot and when to pass.

Arteta had a shocker - poor till we conceded the third goal. When time came for redemption he failed to convert his spot kick. Koscielny was abysmal in the first half, only recovering some drive after the third goal.

The only bright spots were the front three - scoring 3 at home should be enough to win a game against Fulham.

Terrible, terrible performance, but then again not surprising considering the downward spiral this club is on. Up next Tottenham - if they mess up next week then expect a full scale revolt to begin.

we have been saying that about theo since 2006 - he has no football sense!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
angry

my own is they must beat Spuds o no excuses angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
mukina2: angry

you need to choose one o beat spuds or champions league spot ? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kaypumpin2(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
Different team,same mentality.There is one common denominator though,the gaffer.

I fear though,even if Wenger is asked to leave,will the board change it's disposition of frugality?

This team wouldn't win anything,at least,that much is obvious now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by olodo(m): 10:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
This lAmentation is just starting. It will be too painful when spurs come and pee in our bedroom. Then all this megedefegede will stop. See how Arsenal defence make bebertov look like messi.SMH
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
berbatov is messi - he's the only player who can do that to arsenal!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:47am On Nov 11, 2012
kay_pumpin: Different team,same mentality.There is one common denominator though,the gaffer.

I fear though,even if Wenger is asked to leave,will the board change it's disposition of frugality?
This is the question I ask all those who want AW to leave. Why don't we let AW spend some money whilst at the same time, keep his best players and see if we don't do better than what we've done in past 8 years. AW has his faults but as long as we have the same people at the helm of affairs, he remains my best choice as manager of Arsenal FC for now. The way things are going we may lose at least one of Sagna and Walcott by the end of this season.

What's with our players slipping all over the pitch? It started with TV5, then Per joined him. Now Kos and Sagna have joined the fray.

And YES! We miss Song!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mystikal(m): 2:22am On Nov 11, 2012
"he has a philosophy of the game rather than a tactical awareness of it" (Philippe Auclair). He describes Arsene Wenger perfectly in Thierry Henry's biography.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:21am On Nov 11, 2012
mystikal: He is a sideways footballer who lacks creativity. He is a passive footballer, who, at the minute, is in a team who lacks any urgency. Our centre backs just pass to each other. Before, somebody would run into space in the middle of the park and pick up the ball. The only players who do this are Wilshere and Diaby. Cazorla does it higher up the pitch but Arteta doesn't bother esp of late.
I don tire jor. Maybe he is just a scape goat, but I'm certain I am not far from d truth

Lol !! I feel your pain.
Arteta had a horrible day today, no doubt but I'mma cut him some slack on the creativity part. He screens the back 4 and I don't expect him to make all those incisive drives all the time, he was free to do it a lot last season cos he was alternating with Song, but now where is Song ? undecided

This is what you get when you dismantle the team every year. Every body don dey halla now. grin grin . When some peeps were crying last summer and the one before about Wenger's "destroy and rebuild" policy, we were told to shut it. lipsrsealed

Me i don dey fear o. I can't even pin point the exact problem with this team right now. The spiritual problem that descended upon Liverpool and has refused to leave them, seems to be creeping into Arsenal FC. We are no longer pass masters, smaller teams out pass and outplay us home and away. We lost our magic touch and spark, Wenger lost his brain and I'm about to lose my fawking mind. lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
proudly9ja:
What's with our players slipping all over the pitch? It started with TV5, then Per joined him. Now Kos and Sagna have joined the fray.

And YES! We miss Song!

What do you miss about Song? Will Song teach the CBs how to defend simple crosses? Or is he the one that installs anti-slip studs on the players boots? grin

Arteta needs a rest - thankfully he won't be going away for internationals so he'll be able to recharge his batteries. With Dembele potentially back for Spurs next week we can't afford another weak performance.

Giroud's improving performances give me confidence for upcoming games. We just need the team to feed him more.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
I am now officially an armchair fan. Make Arsenal no kill me before my time sad undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:43am On Nov 12, 2012
debosky:

What do you miss about Song? Will Song teach the CBs how to defend simple crosses? Or is he the one that installs anti-slip studs on the players boots? grin

Arteta needs a rest - thankfully he won't be going away for internationals so he'll be able to recharge his batteries. With Dembele potentially back for Spurs next week we can't afford another weak performance.

Giroud's improving performances give me confidence for upcoming games. We just need the team to feed him more.

You agree that Diaby added some sort of support for our defense whilst he was fit. That's a role Song playrd quite effectively whilst he was around. Another thing is Song is hardly ever injured.

Have u noticed our defenders pass the ball amongst themselves too often sometimes leading to errors like we saw with Bacary in the last game and Per in the game against Shalke? Its most likely because these days the midfielders hardly come back to get the ball from them to launch an attack. Diaby/Song/Cesc/Nasri/Rosicky used to do this for the team and its a missing part of our game now. Or have you forgotten so soon how Song/Cesc used to lob the ball from our half of the field to RVP/Walcott? We need Diaby and/or Rosicky back asap. They are the only two available in the team who can link the play between attack and defense.

Its no excuse for conceding all the goals we've conceded in past few games but its a missing factor in our game and something that needs to be remedied.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 2:51am On Nov 12, 2012
I thought the consensus was that Steve Bould has made the defense better
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Wordsmith(m): 6:36am On Nov 12, 2012
Different toilets, same sh.t

Lol, i once said Arsenal's royally f.cked. No be so we dey see am. There is nothing worth discussing about this useless team anymore.

One might as well wish next season was now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by olodo(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2012
mukina2: angry

Muki sorry to disappoint you this team can't beat spurs not after the international break.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2012
There's absolutely no problem with the club. It's just that Arsenal is fcked.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:26am On Nov 12, 2012
proudly9ja:

You agree that Diaby added some sort of support for our defense whilst he was fit. That's a role Song playrd quite effectively whilst he was around. Another thing is Song is hardly ever injured.

I agreed no such thing - the only thing I agreed was that when our passing game was not penetrating, Diaby (or Rozzi) could drive through with his runs and create openings. Song was the DM when we conceded more goals than ever before in the past two seasons, so I can't give him any credit for defensive solidity. Maybe you've forgotten he spent half the time trying to play Hollywood passes or strolling back when we were being counter attacked.

Have u noticed our defenders pass the ball amongst themselves too often sometimes leading to errors like we saw with Bacary in the last game and Per in the game against Shalke? Its most likely because these days the midfielders hardly come back to get the ball from them to launch an attack.

No - it's because the opposition is pressing our defence and preventing us from passing it forward. If you notice, the opposition usually put a man on Arteta to prevent him being an outlet from defence. Our fullbacks are also not providing as much of an outlet as Gibbs and Jenks did earlier.

Or have you forgotten so soon how Song/Cesc used to lob the ball from our half of the field to RVP/Walcott? We need Diaby and/or Rosicky back asap. They are the only two available in the team who can link the play between attack and defense.

It's all dependent on the freedom you have on the ball/space provided by the opposition, not players. Yes our current midfield is not on the same wavelength with the forwards as Cesc/Song were, but that will come with time.

Its no excuse for conceding all the goals we've conceded in past few games but its a missing factor in our game and something that needs to be remedied.

We hold slightly different views - what we need is a player that can drive through the opposition to create openings for others, not so much a player that can lob passes. I do agree that what we're suffering from is a combination of small issues all over resulting in our abysmal form at the moment.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2012
folahann: There's absolutely no problem with the club. It's just that Arsenal is fcked.

Too bloody right! Me I don't even know what the problem is anymore. I can't tell you how painful and annoying it is that we are back to teeth gnashing as the residential agbaya predicted a while back cry sad angry

@ Debosky, gbogbo grammar yi sef! Please stop peddling false hope jo angry

Muki, if you know what's good for you, don't watch the spuds game. They are not only going to ra.pe us, they will fooking piss in our ar.ses too. This team wey no fit beat Fulham?! I am afraid of what Everton will do to us if this slide continues. Top 4 sef no sure this season.

Will the last person to leave the Emirates turn off the lights cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
naijababe:

Too bloody right! Me I don't even know what the problem is anymore. I can't tell you how painful and annoying it is that we are back to teeth gnashing as the residential agbaya predicted a while back cry sad angry

Muki, if you know what's good for you, don't watch the spuds game. They are not only going to ra.pe us, they will fooking piss in our ar.ses too. This team wey no fit beat Fulham?! I am afraid of what Everton will do to us if this slide continues. Top 4 sef no sure this season.

Will the last person to leave the Emirates turn off the lights cry cry cry cry cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsVw_KW9rPs

grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
naijababe:

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
naijababe:

Peddling ke? Nah - I just disagreed with p9ja on one of the numerous problems we have.

Worst start to a league campaign since 82/83 - what false hope can be peddled on the back of that? cheesy

I continue to support the team - nothing we can do about the current state of things till January. If people want to protest, do it then (even if results have 'improved') to exert full pressure.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
A-40, shebi I don give you ammunition na, no worry, I no say e go better sad cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
In a strange way I actually want us to finish outside the top 4, hopefully a mid table finish.
Maybe that's what it will take for baba Ijebu and that stupid board to sit teh f**k up and start spending, buncha greedy f**ks
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
^^ Even if we finish outside top four, I can almost hear PHW telling us fans to go hug the nearest transformer (there's one very close to the Emirates BTW cheesy)

Results will improve over time. If the EPL is still what it is, the teams from no 4 - 10 will soon lose their momentum and we will climb back to the traditional top four. We may struggle for that no 4 position with Spurs,Everton and maybe another team but even IF we end up in top four spot, I hope fans won't let AW and the crew get away with his usual top four is like a trophy story
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
chuckdee4: In a strange way I actually want us to finish outside the top 4, hopefully a mid table finish.
Maybe that's what it will take for baba Ijebu and that stupid board to sit teh f**k up and start spending, buncha greedy f**ks

don't be too pessimistic......
arsenal would be back on track when the wounded ones get back to the team! chopping and changing the defence department would always cause commotion at the back - if you add an inexperienced mannone to the equation then leaking goals is inevitable!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
coogar:

don't be too pessimistic......
arsenal would be back on track when the wounded ones get back to the team! chopping and changing the defence department would always cause commotion at the back - if you add an inexperienced mannone to the equation then leaking goals is inevitable!

There's only so much rubbish a fan can take and God knows us Arsenal fans have had to endure loads, that erroneous back line is pretty much close to our starting 4, there's no excuse for conceeding 3 goals to Fulham at home and all the bloody errors across the backline

I know normal service will be resumed in no time but I also believe a heavy lesson has to be learned by prof and the board before they sit up, maybe when dem no see that champions league money their eye go clear. I'm silently praying for an 8th place finish, lemme see what excuses they will have for themselves

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (3642) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Akinbahm(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.