Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,715 members, 7,975,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:47 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2471464 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (3684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
Maid in France: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, as drawn by Husbands, dusting the Gunners' empty trophy cabinets grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2012
Kay-Dee:
Mumu Wenger and other board members are indirectly admitting that Champs league qualification (Wenger's trophy) is no longer a sure banker.

you seem to be the only person with eyes. God bless your insight

who is talking about bills bankrupting the club?

How come its when the club supposedly is about to start making more money yada yada yada, that somebody remembered to renegotiate contracts for lower wages outside CL?

All these years that they were spending 7 million per season and there was no indication the squad was any good they did not know this, but now when the money is about rolling in?

These things just makes me smile, the board themselves have looked at the team and concluded that it cannot make it into the CL, THAT is the reason why this idea got mooted. End Of.

i'm not saying its a bad thing, im just amused that finally after 7 years they have managed to send the club back to mid table mediocrity.

Better stop hyperventilating over anything u see on the pitch, the club management itself has resigned itself to its fate.

good luck to them convincing any top player worth his salt to sign any such contract. Such a player would be a big fool indeed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
Regarding the pay cut,

So are they absolving Wenger of wrongdoing and heaping all these on the players

Wilshere and Ramsey used to play with Fabregas, Nasri and Song in midfield now they are left with Arteta Podudski and Cazorla.

Walcott used to feed Van persie upfront now they are left with Giroud.

Sczezeny used to get cover from Song now its Diaby and Mertesacker.

You strip the current players of quality teammates and you expect the same results?

Take Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol from barca and let the coach still expect them to produce results the same way they are doing currently

Verdict: Wengay has lost it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
Our lack of ambition is finally in the open. Oya, donkeyanu come and post your rants, you now have a license.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
coded guy:

Did the players impose their wage bill on the club or was it negotiated. I just think what is being disseminated as being the reason to cut wage bill is wrong and puts the players on the edge. It also makes the players look bad and guilty when we all know that policies of the club has also contributed to the lack luster attitude and performance of the team. It is unfair for a supposedly top club to buy Gervinho and expect him to perform like Roberto Baggio.

It is mostly sensationalist nonsense - no one is 'cutting wages' at all - it's simply a clause being inserted into new contracts going forward. If players do not deliver performance worthy of CL participation then they shouldn't be collecting CL wages. Simple.

Why not just negotiate the wage bill and the clause would be that no bonuses if you don't qualify for CL instead of reducing my already negotiated wage.

The fact is that no one knows exactly what is being done - it may be exactly what you've described above. All that is being published by the press is sensationalist rubbish intended to sell papers. I very much doubt that anyone is reducing player wages. I'm sure you know players won't agree to that.

So what percentage will they negotiate the reduction to be if they fail to qualify for the CL?

I'm sure it will vary from player to player.

And Debo, the reason they gave for this reduction is the fear of not qualify for the CL.

Who are the 'they' here? Did Arsenal FC release a statement saying they have a 'fear of not qualifying for the CL' or is it just some media spin?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
4llerbuntu:
How come its when the club supposedly is about to start making more money yada yada yada, that somebody remembered to renegotiate contracts for lower wages outside CL?

All these years that they were spending 7 million per season and there was no indication the squad was any good they did not know this, but now when the money is about rolling in?

Does the £150m contract kick in tomorrow or even next season? So because we have money rolling in we shouldn't cut out waste in the wage bill?

Your comments are quite ridiculous - is there ever a bad time to get more efficient with the way you spend money? undecided

If you make an extra 100k per month, does it mean that you won't look to cut out waste from your budget? undecided

These things just makes me smile, the board themselves have looked at the team and concluded that it cannot make it into the CL, THAT is the reason why this idea got mooted. End Of.

Utter nonsense - you have no shred of proof to back up this assertion. Arsenal is a mere 5/6 points outside the CL spots - how far away were we at this point last season? You have simply made up your mind to believe whatever rubbish gets printed about Arsenal without attempting some form of rational analysis. Good luck to you.

I'm sure the next 'article' you post will contradict this one.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
4llerbuntu is a sensationalist.....
he's a prophet of doom and he would churn out every negative thing he reads about arsenal just to prove "i told you so". arsenal would make the champions league - their rivals have not made any significant stride to even make arsenal tremble!

when the natural order is restored, west brom and spurs would go back to their normal positions. it's going to be a long hard winter - the big teams know how to storm through it whilst the mid-table teams would fall apart when push becomes a shove!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:20pm On Nov 30, 2012
I sincerely hope Walcott and Sagna well wherever they might be playing next season. I hope they go to La liga cos that's what I've been watching since I stopped following Arsenal regularly.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbaemeka(m): 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2012
If Arsenal make it to the top four, it would "only" be because the subsequent three aren't any better. Newcastle seem to have lost steam this year (heavily depleted by injuries), Liverpool are just out of it with their Swansean tactics and Tottenham seem to be the only reasonable competition. My problem here is that the Tottenham squad looks somewhat deeper than Arsenals current ensemble and with captain Verms indifferent performances this year i fear the worst.

I don't know how some people cannot see that inserting that CL clause into the contracts already portends the fear of not qualifying for the CL as the seasons roll by. Don't get me wrong, i do support it as i feel it would act as a motivation to play hard and grind out results but should the lads just take some stick without their manager (the cause of the whole problem) taking some for them? for example, why cant they also insert a clause in monsieur's contract that if buys another french player that fails to perform (e.g squillaci) then he would pay the players salary from his pocket till he sells him off?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2012
coogar: 4llerbuntu is a sensationalist.....
he's a prophet of doom and he would churn out every negative thing he reads about arsenal just to prove "i told you so". arsenal would make the champions league - their rivals have not made any significant stride to even make arsenal tremble!

when the natural order is restored, west brom and spurs would go back to their normal positions. it's going to be a long hard winter - the big teams know how to storm through it whilst the mid-table teams would fall apart when push becomes a shove!

The prophecies of doom are in order. You're being overly optimistic on behalf of arsenal fans. The other teams haven't done anything significant and neither have we; infact we have regressed from our status last season. Now we have broken our own terrible record (of the worst start in a very long time) from last season and sold 2 of our top performers with the 3rd inching closer to the exit door; so why are we to believe this season will turn out better than last.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2012
debosky:
Utter nonsense - you have no shred of proof to back up this assertion. Arsenal is a mere 5/6 points outside the CL spots - how far away were we at this point last season? You have simply made up your mind to believe whatever rubbish gets printed about Arsenal without attempting some form of rational analysis. Good luck to you.

This contract move has every element of resignation to the possibility of Thursday night football. No serious player will sign a deal with this sort of nonsensical clause in it.
It's like trying to employ top professionals to your company and you tell them that part of their salary will be based on 'if the company makes profit', why would they sign for you when your competitors don't have any such stringent rules.
We only managed to clinch a spot for UCL qualification last season and we're not better off this season (so far).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2012
Kay-Dee:

This contract move has every element of resignation to the possibility of Thursday night football. No serious player will sign a deal with this sort of nonsensical clause in it.
It's like trying to employ top professionals to your company and you tell them that part of their salary will be based on 'if the company makes profit', why would they sign for you when your competitors don't have any such stringent rules.
We only managed to clinch a spot for UCL qualification last season and we're not better off this season (so far).

Thank goodness you at least see through the smoke. Why doesn't the contract stipulate an increase in wages or bonuses for winning the league or UCL? This is just to show you the kind of leeching vampires making decisions at the Club. I really don't have the energy anymore Abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2012
Kay-Dee:

You're free to hold on to that opinion - the reality doesn't support that view. We are in a better position on the table compared to last season, so if it's an 'element of resignation' why is it arising now and not last season? Any 'serious' player should ensure he does his best to ensure CL qualification in the first place. This is what Arsenal said:

"Each player has an individual contract that contains elements of performance-related payments, which are linked to a player's individual contribution and also to the club's progress in both domestic and European competitions,"

Only a foolish organisation would set up a wage structure that doesn't encourage qualification for the UCL.

Dunno where you work, but companies all over the world only get the bonus part of their wages if the company's performance meets pre-determined levels. There is nothing surprising here in the least.

Only 'managed' to come 3rd in the EPL, only below the two of the highest wage spenders in the league - I wonder what the others were doing when we 'only managed' this? I'm sure Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool and others would've loved to 'managed' to clinch a UCL spot.

Heck while we are at it, Man City only 'managed' to win the title, Chelski only 'managed' to win the UCL. If y'all want to believe the worst about your club, feel free to do so.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 11:50am On Dec 01, 2012
El Guapo: Maid in France: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, as drawn by Husbands, dusting the Gunners' empty trophy cabinets grin
Bwahahahahahaha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2012
0.0 1st half...... What a f.ucking match
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kashmo: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
This team has really plunged into a dire depth! It used to be the pretty football that kept most fans at bay, but that has deserted them finally. Mid-table form at best!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
debosky:
Dunno where you work, but companies all over the world only get the bonus part of their wages if the company's performance meets pre-determined levels. There is nothing surprising here in the least.

Yes, I know companies do it and it is a standard in some sectors so no one will complain because you know the 'rules' are the same whether you're joining company A or B.
If they didn't have any conditions (like most clubs don't) and everyone got their full pay regardless of target realization and then company A suddenly comes up with a bizzare rule like that in a period where the chance of meeting the target is in the balance, then current and potential employees have every right to be concerned.

debosky:
Only 'managed' to come 3rd in the EPL, only below the two of the highest wage spenders in the league - I wonder what the others were doing when we 'only managed' this? I'm sure Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool and others would've loved to 'managed' to clinch a UCL spot.

Heck while we are at it, Man City only 'managed' to win the title, Chelski only 'managed' to win the UCL. If y'all want to believe the worst about your club, feel free to do so.

I said 'managed' cos we finished 1 point ahead of 4th placed Totts who had to settle for Europa. *Thanks to Fulop*
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
grin grin grin where' the pary at grin grin grin

Midtable champs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2012
coogar:

it's better to lose than draw.....
drawing a game allows complacency to creep in. if arsenal had lost tonight, the vitriol from the fans and the media would ginger the players to try harder. when you draw games - mistakes are not corrected because the mentality is the same as what you are doing here....."at all at all na im bad pass"

debosky - remember this comment? grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
Hahaha cheesy grin grin grin I nor fit laugh o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
Lol, what can i say, i don tire to dey watch this team. The scoreline should be Arsenal 0- Swansea 5! How many clear-cut chances did we even create? Upside (if there is any) Ramsey didn't play, and we still stank! Something for all Ramsey haters to ponder.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
Buhahahahaha
4llerbuntu is a sensationalist, he is a doomsdayer, he is plastic, he is this or that.

Lmao.

Abeg, after 6small stout and some red wine i couldnt care less.

Hehehehehehehe. This is amusing..................

And they say chelsea is bad........ Hmmnnnn.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Omo, 10th pushishin on the table. angry angry

Don't worry , everything is fine with Arsenal.

Arsenal off my mind. Loading . . . . . beer for MLS finals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Sesationalist Sensimilia

Who dey knock for my door, ko ko ko cos we dey smoke indo, You be army or you be policeman I swear we no go open that door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfsVU8sGKXs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
4llerbuntu: Buhahahahaha
4llerbuntu is a sensationalist, he is a doomsdayer, he is plastic, he is this or that.

Lmao.
Abeg, after 6small stout and some red wine i couldnt care less.
Hehehehehehehe. This is amusing..................
And they say chelsea is bad........ Hmmnnnn.....

you are still a sensationalist.......
there would be freak losses here and there in a league season - no shame in that. arsenal weren't @ the races today and it's too early for you to be taking stout - it might taste like blood by may next year!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
When was the last time Arsenal beat 11 men in the EPL?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
angry angry angry

matches we should win, we dey lose/draw

see useless spuds dey win dey go angry

ruined my weekend angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
Am waiting for debo's indepth analysis of this game and arsenals position on the table, albeit with a positive slant.

And them wan put clause for contract as per qualifying for CL.

Music please!
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2012
mukina2: angry angry angry
matches we should win, we dey lose/draw
see useless spuds dey win dey go angry
ruined my weekend angry

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
Potentially 15 points behind the league leaders and its not even mid season yet.

Nor take job when i dey do dey laff, No condition is permanent, Make u nor take job when I dey do dey laff o cos all fingers are not equal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPWn1Xn_DQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (3684) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.