Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,990 members, 7,899,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:13 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2396718 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) ... (3576) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by shazam47: 10:23am On Mar 29, 2020
Swissh:

You are sounding like a dummy. Is Aubameyang not performing for Arsenal and justifying his wages. Where this one come from angry
was Sanchez and özil not justifying their pay during their contract saga with the club ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:24am On Mar 29, 2020
Fkhalifa:

That guy is ruthless, I like him. cheesy

Mr Spy will disagree with him, Spy is like Wenger, A loving loyal father ready to be patient in taking shits till they let him down over and over and eventually repaying him with an exit. lipsrsealed
Perfect definition of Arsenal players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:25am On Mar 29, 2020
Btw where's kokaneprodigy?
Been long we hear from you bro hope you good
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 10:27am On Mar 29, 2020
shazam47:
was Sanchez and özil not justifying their pay during their contract saga with the club ?
How much did we pay Sanchez that was not a reflection of his quality then? It's your kind that want to turn us into West Ham with this una yeye mentality. We are complaining of not having enough quality players yet your kind want us to sell the only ones we have.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:43am On Mar 29, 2020
I believe most people know my stand on Auba matters.

Auba is arguably our best player for 2 consecutive years now, while he is not as skillful/technical as some of the strikers of other big clubs like Benzema, Suarez, Rashford, Firminho etc, he has proven to be a dependable goal machine that has been bailing us out even under "Good Ebening's" purposeless football Era. We all know selling him would have a really negative impact on our rebuilding process.

However, with the above said you and I know it is counter productive trying to keep player who is no longer committed to the club. At least we saw that in Alexis' last season at arsenal ; at a point it looked as if he was deliberately giving the ball to opponents after showboating for minutes with no resukt to show.

I will support the sale of a non-commiting Auba for anything around the region of 60m and above, while we get not just a replacement for him but also quality players in other positions like midfield. We need to stop relying solely on our striker to score, our midfielders too need to contribute more goals. We need players who would step up on a day the striker is having a bad day and firing blanks. Like somebody suggested up there, let's clear dead woods like Mkhitaryan, El Neny, Mustafi and Co. Let's have a balanced team first.

With a balanced team, the striker's position will not be as important as it is presently at arsenal. Loserpool has a balanced team which was what we saw in their run to winning the champions league last season. Players like Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Alexander- Arnold would just turn up while Sallah or Mane are not hitting the targets. Let's improve our team in other positions and get a replacement for Auba and see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:48am On Mar 29, 2020
BlueRayDick:
I believe most people know my stand on Auba matters.

Auba is arguably our best player for 2 consecutive years now, while he is not as skillful/technical as some of the strikers of other big clubs like Benzema, Suarez, Rashford, Firminho etc, he has proven to be a dependable goal machine that has been bailing us out even under "Good Ebening's" purposeless football Era. We all know selling him would have a really negative impact on our rebuilding process.

However, with the above said you and I know it is counter productive trying to keep player who is no longer committed to the club. At least we saw that in Alexis' last season at arsenal ; at a point it looked as if he was deliberately giving the ball to opponents after showboating for minutes with no resukt to show.

I will support the sale of a non-commiting Auba for anything around the region of 60m and above, while we get not just a replacement for him but also quality players in other positions like midfield. We need to stop relying solely on our striker to score, our midfielders too need to contribute more goals. We need players who would step up on a day the striker is having a bad day and firing blanks. Like somebody suggested up there, let's clear dead woods like Mkhitaryan, El Neny, Mustafi and Co. Let's have a balanced team first.

With a balanced team, the striker's position will not be as important as it is presently at arsenal. Loserpool has a balanced team which was what we saw in their run to winning the champions league last season. Players like Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Alexander- Arnold would just turn up while Sallah or Mane are not hitting the targets. Let's improve our team in other positions and get a replacement for Auba and see how it goes.
E
X
A
C
T
L
Y
If he won't commit sell him for younger replacement, young players have a way of complementing each other.
They learn from each other mistakes and improve just look at saka and martinelli combination.
The 2 are not playing in preferred position but still manage to deliver their best
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:58am On Mar 29, 2020
iamoyindamola:

E
X
A
C
T
L
Y
If he won't commit sell him for younger replacement, young players have a way of complementing each other.
They learn from each other mistakes and improve just look at saka and martinelli combination.
The 2 are not playing in preferred position but still manage to deliver their best

As in.....Auba is not getting younger and for his quality, at this age he should at least be playing in a team that guarantees him semi final place in the champions league. Now he's playing for arsenal in the Europa league. His refusal to commit to the club is understandable and shouldn't be held against him.

It is the club tgat should do the needful and make the scouts earn the money they are being paid; they should get a replacement and let's continue the rebuilding process. We will only be making a mistake trying to convince him to stay with heavy salary like we did for ozil

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:12am On Mar 29, 2020
BlueRayDick:

As in.....Auba is not getting younger and for his quality, at this age he should at least be playing in a team that guarantees him semi final place in the champions league. Now he's playing for arsenal in the Europa league. His refusal to commit to the club is understandable and shouldn't be held against him.

It is the club tgat should do the needful and make the scouts earn the money they are being paid; they should get a replacement and let's continue the rebuilding process. We will only be making a mistake trying to convince him to stay with heavy salary like we did for ozil
He was live on IG yesterday, Kelvin Prince called him advising him to stay and get a legendary status in Arsenal, Auba just they smile open teeth. I think he will surely be the first arsenal player to reach 100 goals with less appearances if he stays.
I want him to stay but with considerate wage not like ozil's own
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:56am On Mar 29, 2020
iamoyindamola:
My point why are they afraid of pointing to wengay the main culprit instead of accusing one another.
This man brought them together he knows some are just useless yet he's trying to make them complement each other.
Look at the season Eduardo broke his leg, wengay didn't buy replacement we were almost unstoppable then.
Gallas cried his eyes out when he realised we won't win the league again
I swear e no go better for wengay for all the pains he caused us.
Sagna was one of the best RB in EPL till date, I think everyone is just looking for Scape goat but afraid to mention wengay because they took him as a father figure
Yes Wenger is to blame, but if you are the manager and the club owner tells you he isn't giving you any money to sign players what will you do? Use your own money?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
Fkhalifa:

That guy is ruthless, I like him. cheesy

Mr Spy will disagree with him, Spy is like Wenger, A loving loyal father ready to be patient in taking shits till they let him down over and over and eventually repaying him with an exit. lipsrsealed
Actually I do agree with him. Aubameyang is over 30, he shouldn't be here next season when we want to rebuild. Arteta needs to make as in MAKE or MOULD his own players in his own image. This therefore is the right time to get some millions off him. I wouldn't mind him moving to City or MagaUnited, clubs who can easily fall Mugu. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
Palehair:

I'm bi but I don't label myself though. I like who I like
So don't mind a 3some, that is another guy in your bedroom?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Spy360:

Yes Wenger is to blame, but if you are the manager and the club owner tells you he isn't giving you any money to sign players what will you do? Use your own money?
Same club owner came out that they always offer wengay 200m every season he will decline the offer because he believes TM is too expensive.
He never denied the allegations instead he criticized the management for exposing private conversation
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 12:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Discussions here dey always muzz me. grin

Them dey pity their players. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Same club owner came out that they always offer wengay 200m every season he will decline the offer because he believes TM is too expensive.
He never denied the allegations instead he criticized the management for exposing private conversation
If what you posted is true, do you really believe that the owners give Wenger 200mil every season for players?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
Spy360:

If what you posted is true, do you really believe that the owners give Wenger 200mil every season for players?
Did he deny it?
If wengay can break his own transfer twice in a season I believe he was offered such money
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
Swissh:

What are you blaming Wenger for regarding Suarez?
lol, seems you've forgotten.
Suarez was desperate to come to arsenal then. We needed a striker also. He even told one of our players then to find a house for him.
Even tho, Liverpool didn't want to sell to us, he was so desperate that he wants to come to us, cos of that Liverpool had no choice than to give in. So they said his release clause was 40million pounds. Arsenal brought the £40m then, but they insisted arsenal "top" something to it, that they can't sell at exactly £40m to trigger it.
I guess a 40.5m pounds will do or £41m.
But wenger, in his infinite wisdom and stinginess just added a pound, making it [/b]40m and 1pound[b].
That angered everyone at Liverpool that dey have to cut off the deal.
Just that singular act made us lose Suarez in the summer of 2013, which would have made him donning an arsenal shirt

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jodera:
Suarez was desperate to come to arsenal then. We needed a striker also. He even told one of our players then to find a house for him.
Even tho, Liverpool didn't want to sell to us, he was so desperate that he wants to come to us, cos of that Liverpool had no choice than to give in. So they said his release clause was 40million pounds. Arsenal brought the £40m then, but they insisted arsenal "top" something to it, that they can't sell at exactly £40m to trigger it.
But wenger, in his infinite wisdom and stinginess just added a pound, making it [/b]40m and 1pound[b].
Just that singular act made us lose Suarez in the summer of 2013, which would have made him donning an arsenal shirt
That thing pain Liverpool, they said I don't even know what they are smoking at the Emirates stadium.
That single act of madness made them promise us never to sell there players to us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
iamoyindamola:
That thing pain Liverpool, they said I don't even know what they are smoking at the Emirates stadium.
That single act of madness made them promise us never to sell there players to us
like who does that??
Against a club as big as Liverpool sef.
Mehn, I disliked Wenger for that.
What the f**k is 1pound?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Did he deny it?
If wengay can break his own transfer twice in a season I believe he was offered such money
The emboldened contradicts your point. He showed that he could spend big if he was given money.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
Did I just read someone call Auba average? Come on na!!!!!

Meanwhile, awon mixed “3somers”, Gaybriel, and bi enthusiasts make una carry una talk go another thread eh... na beg I dey beg una.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jodera:
Blame Suarez agent for the mis information not the club. His agent said anything above 40million would trigger the clause. The problem was it was not a factual clause but misinformation towards Arsenal by Suarez' agent. He specifically told them anything more than 40m would trigger the clause, even one pound, but it did not.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jodera:
like who does that??
Against a club as big as Liverpool sef.
Mehn, I disliked Wenger for that.
What the f**k is 1pound?

It's not an insult if it actually triggers a factual clause. Once that is triggered Liverpool could have been as insulted as they want it nothing would have happened. Suarez and his agent could've talked to Arsenal and finally transferred. Suarez agent is to be blamed for false information not the club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
Swissh:

Blame Suarez agent for the mis information not the club. His agent said anything above 40million would trigger the clause. The problem was it was not a factual clause but misinformation towards Arsenal by Suarez' agent. He specifically told them anything more than 40m would trigger the clause, even one pound, but it did not.
I don't see any misinformation here.
Even if the agent says anything above the factual club could trigger it, why should a sane human being bring 1 pound.
Even locally, if you want to buy something from, let's say, all these roadside aboki. And you guys have bargained up to 1000 naira. And he just said you should top something to the 1000 naira, that he can't just accept 1000naira. Would you have topped #5 to the 1000#?
Inside that an insult to the aboki man as a business man?
How much more a club like Liverpool?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
Swissh:

What are you even saying? Everybody knows it's just like a normal bid process, when the seller pegs the minimum for £40m it is only normal for you as a prospective buyer to better that minimum asking price with something reasonable.

£1 in Suarez's case is not reasonable by all standards. Adding £1,000,000.00 to that wouldn't have made Arsenal bankrupt. Whoever sanctioned that bid be it Wenger or the board is to blame for the deal going south.

A vehicle was put up for bidding at a friend's workplace recently. The asking price was 1.4m, my friend wanted to bid 1.450m but I told him to do 1.470m to show seriousness. He did and won the bid. That's how u show seriousness in the market, not giving insulting offers
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jodera:
Liverpool were never going to sell Suarez to us in the first place, and Wenger knew that, that was why he did that to spite Liverpool.

If you think Liverpool would have sold Suarez for whatever plus 40mil you are just being ignorant.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
BlueRayDick:

What are you even saying? Everybody knows it's just like a normal bid process, when the seller pegs the minimum for £40m it is only normal for you as a prospective buyer to better that minimum asking price with something reasonable.

£1 in Suarez's case is not reasonable by all standards. Adding £1,000,000.00 to that wouldn't have made Arsenal bankrupt. Whoever sanctioned that bid be it Wenger or the board is to blame for the deal going south.

A vehicle was put up for bidding at a friend's workplace recently. The asking price was 1.4m, my friend wanted to bid 1.450m but I told him to do 1.470m to show seriousness. He did and won the bid. That's how u show seriousness in the market, not giving insulting offers
Thank you bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Swissh:

You were current bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Spy360:

[/b]Liverpool were never going to sell Suarez to us in the first place, and Wenger knew that, that was why he did that to spite Liverpool[b].

If you think Liverpool would have sold Suarez for whatever plus 40mil you are just being ignorant.
sorry...
Where did you get this news from?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Spy360:

The emboldened contradicts your point. He showed that he could spend big if he was given money.

https://www.arsenalstation.com/2015/09/02/arsenal-shareholder-slams-wenger-for-refusing-to-spend-200m-kitty/

Please read
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jodera:
sorry...
Where did you get this news from?
Lmao Suarez that was about dropping transfer request, the 1 pound made him think we are not trying enough.
That was when clubs refused to sell to us because we might bid with 1 pound
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jodera:
Even if the agent says anything above the factual club could trigger it, why should a sane human being bring 1 pound.
Even locally, if you want to buy something from, let's say, all these roadside aboki. And you guys have bargained up to 1000 naira. And he just said you should top something to the 1000 naira, that he can't just accept 1000naira. Would you have topped #5 to the 1000#?
This is not the same thing. It's not a bargain. This a fixed contract clause. If an agent says my client has an escape clause in his contract that says pay anything above 100naira for example you will get him then a bid of 101naira the player is yours. This is nothing like the example you are giving. Have you seen clubs bargaining over a release clause.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jodera:
In a legal situation it is OK. The reason why the deal couldn't be triggered was because THERE WAS NO CLAUSE.

The agent gave wrong information and Liverpool never wanted to sell no matter the circumstances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) ... (3576) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.