Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,436 members, 7,888,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1916) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2385036 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) ... (3570) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Jodera:
that's what I want spy to know. Both defence team aren't good. What prevailed was who has a better midfield and attack to capitalised on the weak defence. Sadly barca midfield and attack wasn't it. They targeted semedo wing anytime he overlaps yet Roberto was no where to be found. Busquets is passed it. These are the little things(attack) midfield ought to snuff out before it becomes too hot for the defence to handle

Baba, free spy I just see he matter as person wey dey catch cruise jhawe...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Arsenal still edge those clubs you listed in midfield just that wengay will play giroud, bendtner, chamakh and they will be wasting chances upon chances.
The only time we played those big clubs was when rvp is in mad form.
Imagine auba was fortunate to play those kind midfielders even song was balling not xhaka that can't pass 1m to his team mate

I still wonder why some fans could come out and rule out Mustafi not good enough for Arsenal standard nd they hesitate to include Xhaka in starting line up as if he's next Gilberto Silva...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
Jodera:
I no no why spy dey think of league.
We never get admission him dey think of graduation..

Make we pass jamb fest na grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Akinbahm:

I still wonder why some fans could come out and rule out Mustafi not good enough for Arsenal standard nd they hesitate to include Xhaka in starting line up as if he's next Gilberto Silva...
Lol. I prefer jerrycurl to xhaka
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Akinbahm:

So Mustafi is good? grin

Amadioha awaits when you will complain about his next show... angry

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:58am On Aug 16, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Yes we know but right now, we need good midfielders to get to top4 first
I am not against this. In fact we need two, a DM and an AM. So far we have one (though an old man. grin)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2020
iamoyindamola:

How
Explain how defence made sterling lose chances upon chances
Sterling missed a lot of chances no doubt, but the reason they lost despite controlling the game is because their defending was poor.

Sometimes having a good defense may not mean getting new defenders but changing your style of defending. That's what Arteta did. Having good defenders can allow you have extra men in attack. Bad defenders will force you to reduce the men that push forward in attack.

Pep needs to change his tactics. It is becoming easy to defend against him. Coaches simply employ a double fullback approach to stop his wing play.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2020
Spy360:

Sterling missed a lot of chances no doubt, but the reason they lost despite controlling the game is because their defending was poor.

Sometimes having a good defense may not mean getting new defenders but changing your style of defending. That's what Arteta did. Having good defenders can allow you have extra men in attack. Bad defenders will force you to reduce the men that push forward in attack.

Pep needs to change his tactics. It is becoming easy to defend against him. Coaches simply employ a double fullback approach to stop his wing play.
Now you're talking. Sometimes it's about the coach tactics or system. Nothing the defence can do. But you'll just say "defence" as if every loss is solely on them.
You don't want to even reason that man city have to throw in all they got at the final minutes.
The loss ystdy was solely on attack than defence. It seems you prefer mou and Simeon's style which is "don't score me" approach.

I wanna ask "would you prefer we hire Simone to coach our team"?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:34am On Aug 16, 2020
Spy360:

So Mustafi is good? grin

Just leave dem. I dey here dey observe.....patiently waiting for another show of Shame from our CB pairings and i will call post digger to do the Lords work.

E be like that Euphoric feeling of the F.A cup victory has suddenly made most people forget the kinda shambolic season we had. Is it Mustafi against Chelsea first leg àbí Luiz vs city etc they have quickly forgotten so easily. E no easy make pundits declare someone like Mustafi say he's just not good enough.

If anybody told me people here will be advocating for Papasthapopulous, Mustafi, Luiz etc by the end of the season I go say e no fit possible; but see what we have here.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2020
cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:23am On Aug 16, 2020
No one is talking about the disagreement in the management about Pepe's purchase
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Lol. I prefer jerrycurl to xhaka

No trigger Kokaneprodigy to write epistle on Emere & Guendozi we don slide that case.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2020
Spy360:

So Mustafi is good? grin

Not as bad as u painted it nd Xhaks not good enough the way majority of you painted him...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:37am On Aug 16, 2020
Akinbahm:

No trigger Kokaneprodigy to write epistle on Emere & Guendozi we don slide that case.
grin
Kokaneprodigy na my guy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2020
Fck y’all

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
Fck y’all

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
Fck y’all

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Deadline looming for top defender as Arsenal, Napoli submit equal bids for Gabriel Magalhaes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
A leaked opening day fixture for the 2020/2021 premier league season sees Arsenal going away to old Trafford to face Manchester United

The entire fixture list can be found below, as found by the Mirror on the Fantasy.Premierleague.com website.

Full ‘leaked’ 20/21 opening day

Brighton vs Sheffield United

Chelsea vs Southampton

Everton vs Fulham

Leeds United vs Newcastle United

Manchester City vs Crystal Palace

Manchester United vs Arsenal

Tottenham vs Aston Villa

West Brom vs Burnley

West Ham vs Liverpool

Wolves vs Leicester

Will Arsenal have an advantage over United should the above prove to be true?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kbs468:
A leaked opening day fixture for the 2020/2021 premier league season sees Arsenal going away to old Trafford to face Manchester United

The entire fixture list can be found below, as found by the Mirror on the Fantasy.Premierleague.com website.

Full ‘leaked’ 20/21 opening day

Brighton vs Sheffield United

Chelsea vs Southampton

Everton vs Fulham

Leeds United vs Newcastle United

Manchester City vs Crystal Palace

Manchester United vs Arsenal

Tottenham vs Aston Villa

West Brom vs Burnley

West Ham vs Liverpool

Wolves vs Leicester

Will Arsenal have an advantage over United should the above prove to be true?

But why do they always give arsenal tough opening day fixtures na? I remember in the recent past we've played Loserpool, Man city and other big teams
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
Arsenal transfer structure outlined by Vinai Venkatesham after Raul Sanllehi sacking
Vinai Venkatesham will be running Arsenal after Raul Sanllehi’s departure, with Edu and Mikel Arteta responsible for transfer activity

By
Matthew Cooper
Digital Sports Reporter
16:09, 16 AUG 2020

Following the departure of Arsenal 's head of football Raul Sanllehi, managing director Vinai Venkatesham has explained the club's new transfer structure.

With Sanllehi gone, Venkatesham has revealed that technical director Edu Gaspar and manager Mikel Arteta will be "responsible" for Arsenal's transfer business going forward.

Speaking to the club's official website, Venkatesham said: "We have, in Edu and Mikel, two individuals who are responsible for our technical plan.

"Of course, [that is] overseen by me and the board, but those two are the experts and they have a very, very clear plan about how they want to rebalance our squad in the short term, in the medium term and in the long term. We're starting to work on that immediately in this transfer window."

He added: "In terms of the board, we work very, very closely. So we're in regular contact with the owners pretty much every single day and we're all here to achieve the same thing and that's to push this football club forward and to get this club back where to where it needs to be.

"We've been active in the market and we saw recently that we brought in Willian from Chelsea, a signing that Edu and Mikel are really, really excited about and I'm sure our fans are excited about as well.

And we'll continue to work hard this transfer window. I think it's going to be a challenging transfer window post-coronavirus, it's going to be unusual and it's going to be challenging, but we'll continue to work hard to deliver on our objectives to strengthen the squad and Edu and Mikel have a really clear plan around how they'd like to do that.

"Our objectives are to be back competing for and winning the biggest trophies in the game and if you're Arsenal Football Club and if you're in the Premier League, there's two trophies that really matter and that's the Premier League trophy and the Champions League trophy.

"That has to be the objectives of a football club like Arsenal. It's not going to be easy, it's not going to be straightforward, there's a whole load of competition but that has to be the objective for this football club."

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
BlueRayDick:

But why do they always give arsenal tough opening day fixtures na? I remember in the recent past we've played Loserpool, Man city and other big teams
It may not be true this time around though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kbs468:
Arsenal transfer structure outlined by Vinai Venkatesham after Raul Sanllehi sacking
Vinai Venkatesham will be running Arsenal after Raul Sanllehi’s departure, with Edu and Mikel Arteta responsible for transfer activity

By
Matthew Cooper
Digital Sports Reporter
16:09, 16 AUG 2020

Following the departure of Arsenal 's head of football Raul Sanllehi, managing director Vinai Venkatesham has explained the club's new transfer structure.

With Sanllehi gone, Venkatesham has revealed that technical director Edu Gaspar and manager Mikel Arteta will be "responsible" for Arsenal's transfer business going forward.

Speaking to the club's official website, Venkatesham said: "We have, in Edu and Mikel, two individuals who are responsible for our technical plan.

"Of course, [that is] overseen by me and the board, but those two are the experts and they have a very, very clear plan about how they want to rebalance our squad in the short term, in the medium term and in the long term. We're starting to work on that immediately in this transfer window."

He added: "In terms of the board, we work very, very closely. So we're in regular contact with the owners pretty much every single day and we're all here to achieve the same thing and that's to push this football club forward and to get this club back where to where it needs to be.

"We've been active in the market and we saw recently that we brought in Willian from Chelsea, a signing that Edu and Mikel are really, really excited about and I'm sure our fans are excited about as well.

And we'll continue to work hard this transfer window. I think it's going to be a challenging transfer window post-coronavirus, it's going to be unusual and it's going to be challenging, but we'll continue to work hard to deliver on our objectives to strengthen the squad and Edu and Mikel have a really clear plan around how they'd like to do that.

"Our objectives are to be back competing for and winning the biggest trophies in the game and if you're Arsenal Football Club and if you're in the Premier League, there's two trophies that really matter and that's the Premier League trophy and the Champions League trophy.

"That has to be the objectives of a football club like Arsenal. It's not going to be easy, it's not going to be straightforward, there's a whole load of competition but that has to be the objective for this football club."
Raul sacking was because of pepe?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Jodera:
Now you're talking. Sometimes it's about the coach tactics or system. Nothing the defence can do. But you'll just say "defence" as if every loss is solely on them.
You don't want to even reason that man city have to throw in all they got at the final minutes.
The loss ystdy was solely on attack than defence. It seems you prefer mou and Simeon's style which is "don't score me" approach.

I wanna ask "would you prefer we hire Simone to coach our team"?
No bros. City lost yesterday due to poor defending. You need to check the last two goals and see how poor man marking exposed a defence twice in almost similar fashion. It is not a coincidence that poor offside trap led to both goals.

Please check before you respond. Thanks.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
Now It's Gabriel.
Arsenal just dey pile up defenders sha. But I think it is only for our own good.
...It will send strong message to dem Papa, Sead, that they should find another club.
.....It will enable us to concentrate on other areas during the next transfer Windows.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Who would have believe it that it's only Arsenal that would join Manchester City and Liverpool in Winnipeg a trophy this season as EPL clubs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:07am On Aug 17, 2020
Kbs468:
Who would have believe it that it's only Arsenal that would join Manchester City and Liverpool in Winnipeg a trophy this season as EPL clubs
In better perspective, City won a tea cup...
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:57am On Aug 17, 2020
Kbs468:

Thank God we chased Good Ebening away. He for still mess up the chance to win F.A cup with wrong selection like he did the Europa cup last time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 17, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Thank God we chased Good Ebening away. He for still mess up the chance to win F.A cup with wrong selection like he did the Europa cup last time.
Would he have made it to the finals?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2020
Since Arteta and edu are incharge of transfer I hope they bring in faces they really need
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:43am On Aug 17, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Would he have made it to the finals?

That arungun called Emery would've lost scandalously to Man city in the semi final

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iskoki(m): 9:10am On Aug 17, 2020
BlueRayDick:

That arungun called Emery would've lost scandalously to Man city in the semi final

I'll have to agree with this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) ... (3570) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: mostob(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.