Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,532 members, 7,888,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2385599 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (3570) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
blueprint after tabling improved bid for Celtic ace

Date published: Sunday 13th September 2020 12:40

Arsenal aim to follow the blueprint of the deal that brought Kieran Tierney to The Emirates after launching a second bid for a Celtic hitman.

The Gunners made the perfect start to their Premier League campaign with a 3-0 victory over London rivals Fulham.

Several of Mikel Arteta’s new signings were handed their debuts, with Brazilian duo Willian and Gabriel Magalhaes impressing mightily.

Arsenal’s business in the market may not yet be complete, however, with a number of both arrivals and exits still speculated.

One such incoming could come in the forward ranks, with the club previously seeing a £15m bid rejected for Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard.

The Frenchman, 23, has lit up the SPL. His efforts saw him honoured with the SPFL Player of the Year award last season.

The Hoops understandably rejected Arsenal’s initial approach, but now a second bid has been made.

According to transfer expert Ian McGarry, Arsenal will aim to bring the marksman south of the border in a deal mirroring the payment structure of Kieran Tierney’s transfer.

“It’s our information that there is an interest from Arsenal in Odsonne Edouard, the France [youth] international striker currently at Celtic,” McGarry said on the Transfer Window podcast.

“It’s our information that the initial offer from Arsenal was £15m, which was rejected by Celtic.

“That offer has since been increased to £20m with add-ons up to the value of another £2.5m.

“However, the payment would be staged over four years. Something which of course we saw last season with the transfer of Kieran Tierney to the Emirates.

“Celtic would prefer to have a much bigger payment up front.”

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
Rumour has it that Arsenal goalkeeper Coach Inaki Cana is pushing for his former player in Runar Alex Runarsson to be our back up goalkeeper oooooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
We were busy running after partey when dacoure EPL experience player is there for the take half amount of partey angry

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kbs468:
Rumour has it that Arsenal goalkeeper Coach Inaki Cana is pushing for his former player in Runar Alex Runarsson to be our back up goalkeeper oooooo
Alex Rúnarsson is a 25 year old who signed for Dijon in 2018. (Coached by Inaki Cana our GK coach) in Denmark and tried to sign him at Brentford in 2019. Looks like Cana knows him very well and recommended him to Arteta if the rumours are true https:///hMzCoho5Vt

Arsenal have held talks with French club Dijon over a deal for Iceland goalkeeper Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson. [@mcgrathmike @TeleFootball]

Rúnarsson, 25, has been targeted following Emi Martinez heading to Aston Villa in a £20million deal. Brentford’s David Raya has been on their wanted list; Rúnarsson would be expected to cost around £1.5million.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kbs468:

Alex Rúnarsson is a 25 year old who signed for Dijon in 2018. (Coached by Inaki Cana our GK coach) in Denmark and tried to sign him at Brentford in 2019. Looks like Cana knows him very well and recommended him to Arteta if the rumours are true https:///hMzCoho5Vt

Arsenal have held talks with French club Dijon over a deal for Iceland goalkeeper Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson. [@mcgrathmike @TeleFootball]

Rúnarsson, 25, has been targeted following Emi Martinez heading to Aston Villa in a £20million deal. Brentford’s David Raya has been on their wanted list; Rúnarsson would be expected to cost around £1.5million.
Awoof they.......
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
see Pepe tattoo on Bellerin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
Martinez has signed 4 years with Aston Villa....Goodluck to him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by jamalnation(m): 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
Your tongue too sweet ni, I hope u won’t start cursing at them when the going gets tough
this season nah. am sure it won't get to that, arteta won't fail
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by jamalnation(m): 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Martinez has signed 4 years with Aston Villa....Goodluck to him
Goodluck to him. 20M thats good business
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:43am On Sep 14, 2020
Blueraydick, most of the error goals arsenal conceded last season was due to the stupid playing from back.
You will see midfield of xhaka afraid of collecting ball from his team mate, only jerrycurl was trying to be useful then and that was why fans turned on xhaka.
Up till now the midfield can't shield defence, Fulham ain't just good enough they made some good runs in between the midfield to defence with no pressure.
I hope we won't blame the defence again come December or May
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:10am On Sep 14, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Blueraydick, most of the error goals arsenal conceded last season was due to the stupid playing from back.
You will see midfield of xhaka afraid of collecting ball from his team mate, only jerrycurl was trying to be useful then and that was why fans turned on xhaka.
Up till now the midfield can't shield defence, Fulham ain't just good enough they made some good runs in between the midfield to defence with no pressure.
I hope we won't blame the defence again come December or May

This is totally false!

David Luiz cost us Man city match.

Mustafi cost us Chelsea first leg.

Kolasinac cost us Tottenham match.

I can go on and on and start pointing to u individual errors from those our so called defenders. The thing is they didn't just allow cheap goals under Emery ( whom we all agree was a terrible manager), but they also kept at it under Ljunberg and even Arteta .

Is it not surprising that the deparment which improved first under Arteta's reign was our midfield? You must really hate Xhaka not to see that since Arteta convinced Xhaka to stay our midfield has really improved? Is it not surprising that this same Xhaka u loathe so much has always turned up in the big matches we won? Does this not tell u he's not below average like dem Mustafi, Sokratis, Boda Kola etc in their positions?

We all know Xhaka is not the best midfielder in the world, but making it seem as if he's supposed to prevent David Luiz from committing unnecessary fouls or telling Mustafi to be aware of his position in the pitch no be am at all.

I am one of Xhaka's critics for his inadequacies but I will not join to slander him when he has improved and impressed both fans and critics. You should do same
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:27am On Sep 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

This is totally false!

David Luiz cost us Man city match.

Mustafi cost us Chelsea first leg.

Kolasinac cost us Tottenham match.

I can go on and on and start pointing to u individual errors from those our so called defenders. The thing is they didn't just allow cheap goals under Emery ( whom we all agree was a terrible manager), but they also kept at it under Ljunberg and even Arteta .

Is it not surprising that the deparment which improved first under Arteta's reign was our midfield? You must really hate Xhaka not to see that since Arteta convinced Xhaka to stay our midfield has really improved? Is it not surprising that this same Xhaka u loathe so much has always turned up in the big matches we won? Does this not tell u he's not below average like dem Mustafi, Sokratis, Boda Kola etc in their positions?

We all know Xhaka is not the best midfielder in the world, but making it seem as if he's supposed to prevent David Luiz from committing unnecessary fouls or telling Mustafi to be aware of his position in the pitch no be am at all.

I am one of Xhaka's critics for his inadequacies but I will not join to slander him when he has improved and impressed both fans and critics. You should do same
I don't hate xhaka the way you guys didn't see mustafi have improved is just the way I haven't seen his importance in the team.
Take a look at error leading to goal and mustafi you all dreaded wasn't there he didn't play much during emery/ lyunberg tenure sef grin
No one remembered how Leno made errors too
Obviously LFC had more players committing errors leading to goal but no one remembered that cos they complemented it with good midfielders that you can hardly penetrate and disturb the defence.
We saw how ordinary the defence was against arsenal, Leeds and city.
VVD did give away sef in new season but if it was mustafi wahala than start
We can also compare Mustafi and VVD last season

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:57am On Sep 14, 2020
iamoyindamola:

I don't hate xhaka the way you guys didn't see mustafi have improved is just the way I haven't seen his importance in the team.
Take a look at error leading to goal and mustafi you all dreaded wasn't there he didn't play much during emery/ lyunberg tenure sef grin
No one remembered how Leno made errors too
Obviously LFC had more players committing errors leading to goal but no one remembered that cos they complemented it with good midfielders that you can hardly penetrate and disturb the defence.
We saw how ordinary the defence was against arsenal, Leeds and city.
VVD did give away sef in new season but if it was mustafi wahala than start
We can also compare Mustafi and VVD last season

I can see u are just catching cruise and not really serious about this discussion. Cos for someone who watches Arsenal week-in week-out u won't brandish this stat about Mustafi and expect me to agree with u when I see mustafi marking the referee, breaks the offside traps set by his partners in defence, loses his player at will, loses aerial ball against a short Aguero, makes brash tackles and gets turned in and out by any average Joe all season.

Hey God! How can anybody be impressed by that horrible defender?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:15am On Sep 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I can see u are just catching cruise and not really serious about this discussion. Cos for someone who watches Arsenal week-in week-out u won't brandish this stat about Mustafi and expect me to agree with u when I see mustafi marking the referee, breaks the offside traps set by his partners in defence, loses his player at will, loses aerial ball against a short Aguero, makes brash tackles and gets turned in and out by any average Joe all season.

Hey God! How can anybody be impressed by that horrible defender?
You still don't get it, mustafi is not bad the set up made him to be atleast his stats are here.
But what does xhaka do in the midfield
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2020
iamoyindamola:

You still don't get it, mustafi is not bad the set up made him to be atleast his stats are here.

I initially don't want to drop any video because u may want to argue YouTube videos don't ell the full story but I guess I need to refresh Ur memory on who mustafi is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QY15FA1RXU

Honestly anybody that has played amateur football like some of us will tell u how terrible it is to have a defender like the Mustafi u watched in that video.

As for what Xhaka does, I already told u to take away ur total dislike for him and watch some of our matches like vs Loserpool, Man city, etc

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Bros bros...
I'm one of xhaka critics before oo.
But you see xhaka now, I'll prefer him in that our first team now.
He's massively improved and he brings a lot, I mean, a lot to the team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I initially don't want to drop any video because u may want to argue YouTube videos don't ell the full story but I guess I need to refresh Ur memory on who mustafi is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QY15FA1RXU

Honestly anybody that has played amateur football like some of us will tell u how terrible it is to have a defender like the Mustafi u watched in that video.

As for what Xhaka does, I already told u to take away ur total dislike for him and watch some of our matches like vs Loserpool, Man city, etc
lmao
This same YouTube will compile best of mustafi shey you know.
Okay my point is if Arteta didn't improve this midfield we will still blame the new saliba and Gabriel
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2020
Jodera:
Bros bros...
I'm one of xhaka critics before oo.
But you see xhaka now, I'll prefer him in that our first team now.
He's massively improved and he brings a lot, I mean, a lot to the team
If Arteta don't add partey or a good DM it will be the same thing all over again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2020
iamoyindamola:
lmao
This same YouTube will compile best of mustafi shey you know.
Okay my point is if Arteta didn't improve this midfield we will still blame the new saliba and Gabriel

You are just being unnecessarily rigid on this matter jare.

Last year Arsenal had a very decent attack and a good goalkeeper; an average midfield and scrappy defence.Arteta was able to get a trophy out of these players and we are all happy about that.

Now he has a chance to sort things out and the first department he faced was the backline which is an eyesore. Even when Arteta was on his way to win something last season the defence still messed him up.

Are you saying he's a fool for first trying to sort his team's defence problems ? Are u saying if you were in Arteta shoes u will bring in Partey immediately and make him cover for Mustafi's deficiencies ? Will partey be the one to tell Mustafi where to stand when other players are setting offside trap? Will Partey tell Mustafi when to jump and when not to jump in his own 18 yard box as a CB? Will Partey help Mustafi not to get turned in and out anytime some player from bottom team face him one-on-one?

Arteta has done the right thing by trying to sort the defence out first and he's definitely going to upgrade the midfield if need be.

The crux of the whole matter is coming from last year our defence needed complete overhaul while our midfield need just an upgrade.

I understand Arsenal's inconsistency at times can make one pessimistic but this one wey u just dey assume say everything will go bad because we are not getting a particular player ehn, E get as e be for my eyes o.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Last year Arsenal had a very decent attack and a good goalkeeper; an average midfield and scrappy defence.Arteta was able to get a trophy out of these players and we are all happy about that.

Now he has a chance to sort things out and the first department he faced was the backline which is an eyesore. Even when Arteta was on his way to win something last season the defence still messed him up.

Are you saying he's a fool for first trying to sort his team's defence problems ? Are u saying if you were in Arteta shoes u will bring in Partey immediately and make him cover for Mustafi's deficiencies ? Will partey be the one to tell Mustafi where to stand when other players are setting offside trap? Will Partey tell Mustafi when to jump and when not to jump in his own 18 yard box as a CB? Will Partey help Mustafi not to get turned in and out anytime some player from bottom team face him one-on-one?

Arteta has done the right thing by trying to sort the defence out first and he's definitely going to upgrade the midfield if need be.

The crux of the whole matter is coming from last year our defence needed complete overhaul while our midfield need just an upgrade.

I understand Arsenal's inconsistency at times can make one pessimistic but this one wey u just dey assume say everything will go bad because we are not getting a particular player ehn, E get as e be for my eyes o.
I'm just saying we should not blame defenders again since the department has been sorted out
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Well said! Could not agree more...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:33am On Sep 14, 2020
iamoyindamola:

If Arteta don't add partey or a good DM it will be the same thing all over again
I know. We all agree upgrade is needed, but for now, xhaka is still good. He gives key passes, he good aerially, tho not good at DM, but under Arteta, he's one of the keys while our passing out from back is successful, he's also one of the keys our lwb plays like a winger, thereby making auba to effectively play the false 9(like an inside forward 9).
These are the things I want you to know xhaka is bringing to the team. He's not less useful the way you're painting him out to be

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:38am On Sep 14, 2020
Jodera:
I know. We all agree upgrade is needed, but for now, xhaka is still good. He gives key passes, he good aerially, tho not good at DM, but under Arteta, he's one of the keys while our passing out from back is successful.
These are the things I want you to know xhaka is bringing to the team. He's not less useful the way you're painting him out to be

Exactly! That is the issue I have with his post. Even commentator dey hail the guy as of the key players in the Arsenal's resurgence under Arteta. How person go just write am off like that na.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:49am On Sep 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Exactly! That is the issue I have with his post. Even commentator dey hail the guy as of the key players in the Arsenal's resurgence under Arteta. How person go just write am off like that na.
Tbh, xhaka has massively improved die. The way the team is now, I'll prefer xhaka pairing with anybody. Except if partey comes, ehen. But before then, xhaka is the best bet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:28am On Sep 14, 2020
Jodera:
Tbh, xhaka has massively improved die. The way the team is now, I'll prefer xhaka pairing with anybody. Except if partey comes, ehen. But before then, xhaka is the best bet.

This is exactly how I feel about the midfield matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:51am On Sep 14, 2020
Jodera:
I know. We all agree upgrade is needed, but for now, xhaka is still good. He gives key passes, he good aerially, tho not good at DM, but under Arteta, he's one of the keys while our passing out from back is successful, he's also one of the keys our lwb plays like a winger, thereby making auba to effectively play the false 9(like an inside forward 9).
It's funny how you guys are now seeing Xhaka's actual role in the team. Before you and Blueraydick (I don't want to even mention iamoyindamola) have always thought he was an out and out DM. You blame Xhaka that he is too slow, can't pass and all those bullshits. Now you have seen that Arsenal does not have any DM in the team. The fact that Xhaka manages to cover that role should be a plus for him not a minus.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2020
Spy360:

It's funny how you guys are now seeing Xhaka's actual role in the team. Before you and Blueraydick (I don't want to even mention iamoyindamola) have always thought he was an out and out DM. You blame Xhaka that he is too slow, can't pass and all those bullshits. Now you have seen that Arsenal does not have any DM in the team. The fact that Xhaka manages to cover that role should be a plus for him not a minus.
You want make I box you this early afternoon?
Wen you go just agree with me once..lol.

At least, I don see say xhaka don improve and he isn't like before, or rather, Arteta played to his strength instead of his weakness unlike Wenger and Emery. Now he's improved, make I still dey cast am ni? tongue tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
Spy360:

How can we blame AMN a make shift full back when he wasn't playing well, blame other players but appreciate xhaka haba...
I still insist he's a liability in that midfield
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2020
Spy360:

Just look at this one again angry

We complain he is not good enough to play DM because that is what we see when we watch him play that position. How is that an issue ?

He's playing well now in a more advance set up now and we acknowledge the fact that he's playing well. What exactly do u want again? For us to apologize that we pointed out what we saw or what ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

We complain he is not good enough to play DM because that is what we see when we watch him play that position. How is that an issue ?

He's playing well now in a more advance set up now and we acknowledge the fact that he's playing well. What exactly do u want again? For us to apologize that we pointed out what we saw or what ?

E tire me o. I no no wetin him want make we do
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

With el neny he's now playing ceballos role and I have no issue with that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
iamoyindamola:

With el neny he's now playing ceballos role and I have no issue with that

Yeah, that's why he has improved and now even venturing forward to join attack sef. And that's fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (3570) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.