Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,072 members, 7,977,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:29 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2472548 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1968) (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) (1973) (1974) ... (3684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
mostob:
Selling an average player for a good money is not a bad move but failing to properly replace him made it a wrong move considering we have no good alternatives at that time. This is simple and straightforward na .
I'm not against his sale but failing to replace him with an upgrade is the issue.
Imagine we are paying €50M for Aouar... TBH I don't really see him as an upgrade to iwobi .
You grab now

Good! I'm glad you agreed Selling an average player for good money is a good move. But do you also know that replacing such player with another average player would've been counter productive? Arsenal probably decided to keep the money while promoting youth like Reiss Nelson to the flanks(Where Iwobi has continued to struggle), promote Willock to the middle (Who has been as inconsistent as Iwobi was) and getting Ceballos on loan.

Now if Arsenal feels they have found a replacement who would be worth every penny we are willing to pay, I dont see any issue with that. You really need to allow Aouar play before you know whether he's an upgrade or not.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Good! I'm glad you agreed Selling an average player for good money is a good move. But do you also know that replacing such player with another average player would've been counter productive? Arsenal probably decided to keep the money while promoting youth like Reiss Nelson to the flanks(Where Iwobi has continued to struggle), promote Willock to the middle (Who has been as inconsistent as Iwobi was) and getting Ceballos on loan.

Now if Arsenal feels they have found a replacement who would be worth every penny we are willing to pay, I dont see any issue with that. You really need to allow Aouar play before you know whether he's an upgrade or not.

I'm not against Aouar but paying €50M for such a player when there is still a major loophole (Partey?) in our midfield is kinda somehow taking into context, the lack of funds too. And TBH ,I watched some of his highlights, I don't see him as an upgrade to Iwobi.
Now, imagine Iwobi still at arsenal, the Aouar fee will instead be used to fund partey move and the major loophole will be solved.
And pls, willock can never match iwobi and Nelson plays different role so I don't see any comparison here. And I ask , has these guys effectively filled Iwobi's shoe since he left?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
mostob:

God bless you .
The bolded was my major talking point.
Iwobi might not be a complete product but that guy was highly underrated.

Free them alaye

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
mostob:
I'm not against Aouar but paying €50M for such a player when there is still a major loophole (Partey?) in our midfield is kinda somehow taking into context, the lack of funds too. And TBH ,I watched some of his highlights, I don't see him as an upgrade to Iwobi.
Now, imagine Iwobi still at arsenal, the Aouar fee will instead be used to fund partey move and the major loophole will be solved.
And pls, willock can never match iwobi and Nelson plays different role so I don't see any comparison here. And I ask , has these guys effectively filled Iwobi's shoe since he left?

They will keep deviating away from the main argument till they turn it to a moot argument...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
Akinbahm:

They will keep deviating away from the main argument till they turn it to a moot argument...
Lolz.. let's just close the chapter Oga mi .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
mostob:

You see ehn, Iwobi is a midfielder but he's seldom used as a Midfielder . If u watch Arsenal matches wella u will see they always shunt him to the left side on the wings. Ozil held down that No.10 role which was Iwobi's most preferred position till Emery happened. Even Emery keeps pushing him to the left wing. So I perfectly know his position on the pitch, I was merely letting u know as of the time he departed Arsenal needed a Winger which he was not.

I don't know if Willock will be better than Iwobi or not...... I'm not a Willock fan

You keep saying "Imagine if Iwobi was still at Arsenal" .....I can as well go back in time and start telling u to imagine if Carlos Vela and co are still at Arsenal. Players come and go. What matters is the club to make progress. As it stands it seems Arsenal is trying to do just that; whether Aouar will be a good buy only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
Lol...
Been following this debate tho, and I'll say both sides are right in their own way. But here's my view.

First thing first, I think the decision makers saw iwobi as a winger and not really an heir to ozil, else I don't think they would have sold him. Also, remember, part of iwobi's money was used to fund Pepe's deal for him to come (they see pepe as an upgrade to iwobi as a winger), plus the money was good to turn down. While Pepe is Manning that wing, Nelson is been prepared as Pepe back up(reason he wasn't sent out on loan again).

So if you look at it critically, you won't blame the board for selling iwobi.
Moreover, Emery never liked the number 10-role, and he was expected to stay long(not sacked at arsenal), iwobi also love the no 10 role, which Emery can never grant him that. So all these coupled with that, the sale of iwobi makes sense to both arsenal and iwobi, since iwobi feels he'll see the number 10 role at Everton (it was barely vacant there, as sigurdsson was struggling, and iwobi was viewed like an upgrade or competition to him)

Also, what made you think Arteta would have used or improved iwobi the way you sound certain @mostob. I mean, torreira have all the qualities needed for a DM, yet Arteta isn't looking at him. So we can't be so sure too.

This shouldn't cause arguments sha between us, Iwobi is gone, we're hoping on Aouar, and if bought, we hope he performs more than expectation. Iwobi might still even be used in the wing sef if he was Here, who knows?. After all, he hasn't played Am for us for once (nor can I remember any). So we should just chill.
The bargain was right for both parties at the onset, and the money wasn't expected to upgrade the Am position but the wing(and it was).
Now that we need and also upgrade the Am, it is time to go for it. So no biggie at all.

Coyg!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
What do you think of this formation
We can stretch lfc with this
Leno
Gab Luiz holding
Amn/saka bellerin
Xhaka elneny
William
Pepe auba

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jodera:
Lol...
Been following this debate tho, and I'll say both sides are right in their own way. But here's my view.

First thing first, I think the decision makers saw iwobi as a winger and not really an heir to ozil, else I don't think they would have sold him. Also, remember, part of iwobi's money was used to fund Pepe's deal for him to come (they see pepe as an upgrade to iwobi as a winger), plus the money was good to turn down. While Pepe is Manning that wing, Nelson is been prepared as Pepe back up(reason he wasn't sent out on loan again).

Moreover, Emery never liked the number 10-role, and he was expected to stay long(not sacked at arsenal), iwobi also love the no 10 role, which Emery can never grant him that. So all these coupled with that, the sale of iwobi makes sense to both arsenal and iwobi, since iwobi feels he'll see the number 10 role at Everton (it was barely vacant there, as sigurdsson was struggling, and iwobi was viewed like an upgrade or competition to him)

Also, what made you think Arteta would have used or improved iwobi the way you sound certain @mostob. I mean, torreira have all the qualities needed for a DM, yet Arteta isn't looking at him. So we can't be so sure too.

This shouldn't cause arguments sha between us, Iwobi is gone, we're hoping on Aouar, and if bought, we hope he performs more than expectation. Iwobi might still even be used in the wing sef if he was Here, who knows?. After all, he hasn't played Am for us for once (nor can I remember any). So we should just chill.
The bargain was right for both parties at the onset, and the money wasn't expected to upgrade the Am position but the wing(and it was).
Now that we need and also upgrade the Am, it is time to go for it. So no biggie at all.

Coyg!!

You have spoken well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
iamoyindamola:
What do you think of this formation
We can stretch lfc with this
Leno
Gab Luiz holding
Amn/saka bellerin
Xhaka elneny
William
Pepe auba
I thought KT is back?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jodera:
I thought KT is back?
Arteta may not risk him, I don't know though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Arteta may not risk him, I don't know though
Arteta says why he missed west ham game was for precautionary measure. I guess we'll see him tonight
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jodera:
Arteta says why he missed west ham game was for precautionary measure. I guess we'll see him tonight
Cool then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
Arsenal winger Reiss Nelson and his representatives have held talks with Crystal Palace, over a season long loan move to the south Londoners. #AFC �⚪ #CPFC ��� https:///qal1Omn4oQ
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kbs468:
Arsenal winger Reiss Nelson and his representatives have held talks with Crystal Palace, over a season long loan move to the south Londoners. #AFC �⚪ #CPFC ��� https:///qal1Omn4oQ
palace is not a good move, they have Townsend,zaha and eze
Why not wolves, Aston villa, Newcastle, and maybe Fulham
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
KT starts!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kbs468:
KT starts!
Why is gabriel on bench arteta
My fpl cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Why is gabriel on bench arteta
My fpl cry
Lol, so na your FPL dey worry you?? grin grin

Nice eleven tho
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jodera:
Lol...

Coyg!!
You have a point. but...
1. Ozil ,willock and sometimes Torreira were playing the no 10 role while Iwobi was playing the LB.

2. I'm sorry to say, Torreira doesn't have the required height to play the DM role. He would have been our new Santi (in CM) but he doesn't have the ball playing skill.

3. Ozil et al were supposed to fill the Iwobi void but they were all inconsistent. Pepe that was brought in didn't help either...Thank God for saka that at least create some chances.

4. Pepe transfer fee was paid installmentally while we received €40M immediately from Iwobi sale so that was never a like for like replacement.

5. All in all, the inability to properly replace Iwobi was what made me implied that his sale was a wrong move.

Make we dead the talk abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
E Don set. I pray Willian comes to party

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jodera:
Lol, so na your FPL dey worry you?? grin grin

Nice eleven tho
Yes o my fpl is important money is at stake
He used the same line up in the community shield bar William
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
BlueRayDick:
E Don set. I pray Willian comes to party
This formation is OK. Elneny is the only perceived weak link. I hope he proves me wrong big time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2020
Spy360:

This formation is OK. Elneny is the only perceived weak link. I hope he proves me wrong big time.
But he played against them in the community shield na.
It is Leno I'm worried about. I pray they don't get too much corner kicks . Fabinho and Van digk in that box will be a big threat especially now that Gaby is not starting.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
Spy360:

Mo has been in good form since the season started. Hopefully he will come tru today as well.

The formation seems like the best we can come up with. I also hope Luiz will have some commanding performance at the back as well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
I desperately hope this selection is right because it is a head scratcher for me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:29pm On Sep 28, 2020
Roland17:
I desperately hope this selection is right because it is a head scratcher for me.
Gabriel init??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Mo has been in good form since the season started. Hopefully he will come tru today as well.

The formation seems like the best we can come up with. I also hope Luiz will have some commanding performance at the back as well
Which of the mo
Abeg oo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Which of the mo
Abeg oo grin

Our own mo wey get dada ni ó grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Our own mo wey get dada ni ó grin
Better cheesy
Ani ri esu o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Gabriel init??

Yup! I expected to see Gab in the lineup.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
Martinez is a joy to watch cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
Roland17:

Yup! I expected to see Gab in the lineup.
Same here
I feel arteta is trying to use David for long passes, just hope no brainfart from him

(1) (2) (3) ... (1968) (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) (1973) (1974) ... (3684) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.