Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,234 members, 7,923,175 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:48 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2419209 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) ... (3599) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 3:39am On Dec 19, 2020
Spy360:
Going into the weekend round of fixtures, we have Everton calling...

Our last match showed some improvements in terms of determination and work rate. Playing a rejuvenated Southampton side just 5pts below top place, was not going to be easy. But if Arteta had followed my advice to play Nelson and also put AMN in midfield he would won and not have suffered the draw.

Here is my advice for Everton away.

Auba........ Lacazette ...........Saka

AMN.... Ceballos.... Elneny... Soares

.... Tierney..... Luiz.... Holding.........

.................... Leno........................

Subs: Nketiah, Nelson, Pepe, Willian, Willock, Chambers, Kolasinac

Attack: Everton will have their tails up and smell blood so a counter attacking formation is what will suit us as we have no creative midfielder. Lacazette is ideal for ball holding while Aubameyang and Saka adds pace. Pepe would be a good option as super sub.

2. AMN will dangle between midfield and LWB positions as we attack or defend respectively. Soares should supply crosses.

3. Tierney will move into more advanced positions on the left as we attack. He should also provide crosses.

This is a formation Arteta is well used to and has helped him in the past. With most of his best players now out, his best bet now is to defend and counter. With good discipline and accurate finishing we will secure all 3points.

I'm not sure that teireny can be effective as an lcb compared to lwb, so for me i will bring in mari
for soares, AMN will shift to rwb while tierney will move up to lwb allowing mari to occupy the lcb position

and also I will remove willian from the substitute list and bring in martinelli or balogun

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:01am On Dec 19, 2020
For anyone interest, Arsenal U23 2-1 Leicester City and Balogun scored the winning goal. This kid is ready for the EPL.
Arteta needs to start these young guns good minutes i. the first team and quickly.. Martinelli/ Balogun/ Nelson/ Saka/ Tierney/ Saliba should be getting good minutes with the first team in the EPL.
Sorry I have never rated Willock and Nketiah that highly.. They have had enough playing opportunities but have failed to progress.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:42am On Dec 19, 2020
kodded:
I'm not sure that teireny can be effective as an lcb compared to lwb, so for me i will bring in mari
for soares, AMN will shift to rwb while tierney will move up to lwb allowing mari to occupy the lcb position

and also I will remove willian from the substitute list and bring in martinelli or balogun
Your idea is equally good. Would you take Bellerin instead in the RWB position?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:45am On Dec 19, 2020
Roland17:
For anyone interest, Arsenal U23 2-1 Leicester City and Balogun scored the winning goal. This kid is ready for the EPL.
Arteta needs to start these young guns good minutes i. the first team and quickly.. Martinelli/ Balogun/ Nelson/ Saka/ Tierney/ Saliba should be getting good minutes with the first team in the EPL.
Sorry I have never rated Willock and Nketiah that highly.. They have had enough playing opportunities but have failed to progress.
Nketiah is a goal poacher kind of striker. He presses well too. I believe he is destined for greatness if given more responsibility. Already he has broken the record for goals in England U21.

I saw Martinelli train, this boy would easily fling away most of our present attackers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:33am On Dec 19, 2020
Spy360:

The only problem with AMN is lack of concentration. However, i will pick AMN over Bellerin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2020
I hope I'm not the only one that noticed the trashy football Tierney has been serving us in the last few weeks. I can't specifically point out what exactly the problem is; but there's definitely something not right with his game in the past few weeks.

In fact, the Gabriel some people have been stylishly trying to scapegoat, he’s been saddled with responsibility of constantly dealing with Tierney’s shiits thereby overworking himself and always being put in positions to commit needless foul if everyone was up to their job. I saw this clearly in that Southampton game; Tierney’s defensive game was just off
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:34am On Dec 19, 2020
mostob:
The only problem with AMN is lack of concentration. However, i will pick AMN over Bellerin.
I too prefer AMN but I will rather have him in midfield. His ball holding is good, he also dribbles. He can be our Partey 2.0

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:
I hope I'm not the only one that noticed the trashy football Tierney has been serving us in the last few weeks. I can't specifically point out what exactly the problem is; but there's definitely something not right with his game in the past few weeks.

In fact, the Gabriel some people have been stylishly trying to scapegoat, he’s been saddled with responsibility of constantly dealing with Tierney’s shiits thereby overworking himself and always being put in positions to commit needless foul if everyone was up to their job. I saw this clearly in that Southampton game; Tierney’s defensive game was just off
Really? I doubt this but I will not comment till I observe more.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2020
Spy360:

Really? I doubt this but I will not comment till I observe more.

Try and watch him closely going forward; although I wish does better going forward sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Try and watch him closely going forward; although I wish does better going forward sha.
He will face a stronger challenge today... Lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2020
Spy360:

bellerin has been poor, I think that we should try AMN in that position, remember he his the only player that has a good link up play with pepe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:52am On Dec 19, 2020
Roland17:
surprisingly arteta has more faith on willock and nkeitah compared to martinelli, Nelson, saliba and balogun

I wonder why
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
kodded:
surprisingly arteta has more faith on willock and nkeitah compared to martinelli, Nelson, saliba and balogun

I wonder why
Arteta has never had the chance to work with Martinelli until now. I think he is going to be in the squad today. Even so, he should be eased in. There are many fixtures this December, we don't want him injured again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2020
Willian again? Did the free transfer we signed that bros includes an arrangement for him to start all matches when he's fit?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
Roland17:

Haha.. Hague is an exceptionally talented player. He has the finesse and technique on the ball, a productive dribbler with good passing especially in small spaces and works just as hard. I love when he goes on his runs from deep!!! He is still young and the stability at Milan is all he needs to continue with his growth.
nice one, thanks for the info
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Willian again? Did the free transfer we signed that bros includes an arrangement for him to start all matches when he's fit?
This set up should be able to chop 4-5 goals tonite grin
This can't get any worse
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:
willian will be the end of arteta las las
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:
The formation is good. I love that Auba is dropped to bench as well as Bellerin. But Saka should not be saddled with defensive responsibility as he is our most potent attacking threat. As for Willian, let me just have faith that the last benching must have reset his brain.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
kodded:
willian will be the end of arteta las las
but on a lighter note I think the formation is not bad at all, two inverted wingers that will be assisted by two classic wing backs,

hopefully martinelli will replace willian in the 2nd half.

breaking news: aubameyang is injured
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2020
Spy360:

The formation is good. I love that Auba is dropped to bench as well as Bellerin. But Saka should not be saddled with defensive responsibility as he is our most potent attacking threat. As for Willian, let me just have faith that the last benching must have reset his brain.
Auba is not in the squad sef.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Well... I'm just indifferent in today's match.
As usual, na siddon look mode I dey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
iamoyindamola:

This set up should be able to chop 4-5 goals tonite grin
This can't get any worse

The set up is actually good, it's just the Willian inclusion in the team that is questionable considering his recent poor performances
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
Spy360:

I'm also sacred of losing Saka to injury
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:

The set up is actually good, it's just the Willian inclusion in the team that is questionable considering his recent poor performances
Nketiah in attack?
The set up will make the job easy for Everton
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Nketiah in attack?
that front 3 no inspire confidence.
Midfield no goal threat there aside saka.

That begs the question, were would our goal come from?

Me I just dey hope sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Nketiah in attack?

If he's given goal threatening balls he will definitely score. He's not goal-shy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Not bad, i just hope Willian comes to party today. He is playing in his favourite position. Pepe will have AMN behind him so his game might improve.
But, i no dey watch any match.. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jodera:
that front 3 no inspire confidence.
Midfield no goal threat there aside saka.

That begs the question, were would our goal come from?

Me I just dey hope sha
Cross and insha'Allah grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2020
Willian na dirty abeg! angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueMann: 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
Nice early cross from Iwobi...DLC with the header but be like na Holding own goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
BlueRayDick:

If he's given goal threatening balls he will definitely score. He's not goal-shy
You were saying undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
If we buy any player from Chelsea again, be it free or dash, or paid, I go curse person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) ... (3599) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.