Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,666 members, 7,892,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:52 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2389874 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) (2092) ... (3572) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 12:02am On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:
One thing or lesson this game taught me is that we lacked forwards (wingers) or attack all season.
We created chances upon chances as normal arsenal would have created and also took purposeful shots like a top team. The midfield played well and even the defence wasn't under undue pressure cos the forwards were great. Tierney had a great game and so was xhaka who had an OK game (bar the free kick)

Just imagine what saka, martinelli, ESR were doing in that front. It even rubbed off on lacazette and he played a very good game. We were always on the front foot and the front press was great. No wonder Chelsea never had a shot on target (the closest they had was mason free kick that struck the bar)

Now what happened... We introduced willock and Pepe for Esr and martinelli, then our attack stopped. Chelsea increased their attack and our defence was under undue pressure. We now receiving shot on goal and on target. Not only did we concede a goal but also caused a penalty. We might have drawn the game if not for Leno save. All these happened just because our 2/4 of our attack was off

This game typically tells us what we've been suffering this season and what we needed to correct. Come to think of it, how many cross and insha Allah we did today.?

If after today's game and Arteta still sticks to Willian and Pepe, then he's really not serious

Coyg!!

Continuous Attack eases off pressure away for defenders.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 12:07am On Dec 27, 2020
Spy360:

We have wingers our problem is attacking midfield which Smith-Rowe did a good job of. If we have him or a decent signing in Jan, along side Partey, who be Liverpool?

No vex oooh mention two of your wingers who's creative and creates fear in opposition biko dont name Saka & Martinelli cause they are to be eased in...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:12am On Dec 27, 2020
Akinbahm:

You get the drift bro cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:21am On Dec 27, 2020
Spy360:

So if I mention winger you will talk of Pepe?

Please please please I take Amadioha beg you, when I say wingers I mean Saka and Martinelli.

Pepe kor crayfish ni
Lol. You said we've wingers na.

What I just wanted to say is if we had a good 10, with a stupid winger like willian or pepe, our attack will still be dead cos they inhibit attack very much. To me, the tide turned much during the removal of martinelli IMO.

I remember a highlight in the 2nd half where martinelli dropped deep in the midfield, played a quick pass to Tierney and turned almost immediately, sprinting towards Chelsea's goal, and then countered with the ball. On reaching the box, Tierney squared the ball back for martinelli who steadied himself and fired a shot for Mendy to make a save.

When that happened, I almost cried for joy. I'm like "Gosh, see what we've been missing since". See happiness in me

Mehn, all these Senior players don do me(us) strong thing I swear grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:25am On Dec 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:
This life ehn....Chelsea fans were trolling us that our goal of the month will likely be another penalty...blah...blah...Now see how we score two beautiful goals against them. Even if we don't score again this month, either of Saka or Xhaka goal against shekpe will easily clinch goal of the month grin
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:26am On Dec 27, 2020
Spy360:

I totally agree. Desire first before any thing else. I believe that spirit came from Martinelli. He is the new leader of the team. Arteta should just make him captain straight away
Bros, na so you dey do things??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:28am On Dec 27, 2020
Akinbahm:

No vex oooh mention two of your wingers who's creative and creates fear in opposition biko dont name Saka & Martinelli cause they are to be eased in...
Help me ask am ooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:24am On Dec 27, 2020
Akinbahm:

Pressing is actually defending not attacking.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:25am On Dec 27, 2020
Akinbahm:

No vex o. This question is it related to my post? Because it's kind of off point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:28am On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:

What I just wanted to say is if we had a good 10, with a stupid winger like willian or pepe, our attack will still be dead cos they inhibit attack very much. To me, the tide turned much during the removal of martinelli IMO.

I remember a highlight in the 2nd half where martinelli dropped deep in the midfield, played a quick pass to Tierney and turned almost immediately, sprinting towards Chelsea's goal, and then countered with the ball. On reaching the box, Tierney squared the ball back for martinelli who steadied himself and fired a shot for Mendy to make a save.

When that happened, I almost cried for joy. I'm like "Gosh, see what we've been missing since". See happiness in me

Actually we have wingers, but no AM (apart from ESR who is not established in the role). If we must acquire any player, it has to be an AM not winger. A good AM will make those wingers look good or at least manageable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Oasis007(m): 5:42am On Dec 27, 2020
grin

Praise Jah..... una finally Smile on this Thread. God never forsaken una yet.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:34am On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:
Bros, na so you dey do things??

Na excessive joy cause am grin. I can feel the joy flowing in his soul from here sef
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2020
Spy360:

Actually we have wingers, but no AM (apart from ESR who is not established in the role). If we must acquire any player, it has to be an AM not winger. A good AM will make those wingers look good or at least manageable.
Alright oo.
If you say so
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Na excessive joy cause am grin. I can feel the joy flowing in his soul from here sef
Lol... Mehn, I can feel his joy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:15am On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:
One thing or lesson this game taught me is that we lacked forwards (wingers) or attack all season.
We created chances upon chances as normal arsenal would have created and also took purposeful shots like a top team. The midfield played well and even the defence wasn't under undue pressure cos the forwards were great. Tierney had a great game and so was xhaka who had an OK game (bar the free kick)

Just imagine what saka, martinelli, ESR were doing in that front. It even rubbed off on lacazette and he played a very good game. We were always on the front foot and the front press was great. No wonder Chelsea never had a shot on target (the closest they had was mason free kick that struck the bar)

Now what happened... We introduced willock and Pepe for Esr and martinelli, then our attack stopped. Chelsea increased their attack and our defence was under undue pressure. We now receiving shot on goal and on target. Not only did we concede a goal but also caused a penalty. We might have drawn the game if not for Leno save. All these happened just because our 2/4 of our attack was off.

This game typically tells us what we've been suffering this season and what we needed to correct. Come to think of it, how many cross and insha Allah we did today.?

If after today's game and Arteta still sticks to Willian and Pepe, then he's really not serious

Coyg!!
Excellent!
This is why Pep will substitute Aguero and Sterling for Jesus and Mahrez.

Bayern.. Substituting Perisic and Gnabry for Coman and Sane.

Apply pressure with hot solid attack and allow opposition no opportunity to near your defence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:15am On Dec 27, 2020
Spy360:

No vex o. This question is it related to my post? Because it's kind of off point.

Alright...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 10:21am On Dec 27, 2020
Spy360:

I totally agree. Desire first before any thing else. I believe that spirit came from Martinelli. He is the new leader of the team. Arteta should just make him captain straight away

Abeg oh. That captaincy at times na bad luck. Let the boy just continue with the right attitude and development
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:

Men that move was like watching arsenal of old with Pires running things down the left channel doing double passes with silvihno
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by HitlerGaddafi: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:

See as body dey sweet this one lol. Don't be swayed by yesterday's win, arsenal were same old arsenal they just happened to be lucky. It was destined to be Arsenal's day.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
What a dimwit cheesy cheesy
Lucky dube ni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:
who be the wingers?
Pray tell... What did pepe play wen he came on. Did you watch were Tierney was motioning for him to make a run so that he will lay him a through ball? Aside that, what meaningful thing did pepe do??

See if you watch this game eh, you'll see that the difference between martinelli and Pepe/willian is as clear as night and day. Dem no near martinelli at all.

As for the bolded... You don start again abi undecided

That moment Pepe was being told to run eh. .KT sef tire for him. Immediately Martinelli was subbed off,KT's wing became an express way. I will like to see Azeez in this team.Willock can be used for Europa.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
mostob:
That moment Pepe was being told to run eh. .KT sef tire for him. Immediately Martinelli was subbed off,KT's wing became an express way. I will like to see Azeez in this team.Willock can be used for Europa.

Willock na stupid boy. His first touch wad rubbish and nearly led to a goal. He also had an opportunity to square the ball for Lacazette in a very threatening position but the yeye boy blasted the ball away.

Only God knows the spirit that keeps whispering to his ears go play rubbish when there's no need for it sad

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
Arsenal thanksgiving service

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Excellent!
This is why Pep will substitute Aguero and Sterling for Jesus and Mahrez.

Bayern.. Substituting Perisic and Gnabry for Coman and Sane.

Apply pressure with hot solid attack and allow opposition no opportunity to near your defence.
Exactly...
I just hope Arteta sees that we attacking teams is really worth it instead of being defensive and hoping we don't concede goals
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
Jencejyde:

Men that move was like watching arsenal of old with Pires running things down the left channel doing double passes with silvihno
Mehn... I swear. I don't just know how I felt, but it just made me realize that really we lack good attackers in that front 3. Willian and pepe suppose go play for asec mimosas
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

See as body dey sweet this one lol. Don't be swayed by yesterday's win, arsenal were same old arsenal they just happened to be lucky. It was destined to be Arsenal's day.
luck in scoring free kick and scoring a penalty? Luck in forcing multiple saves from Mendy? Oga, you no get talk
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2020
mostob:
for me to hear what Tierney was even saying (me watching o), means the guy must have shouted with high pitch for pepe to make that run out of frustration. And guess what, pepe still didn't make the run grin grin.

After we go dey blame Tierney say him done dey drop form. Why won't he drop form wen the person in front of him is killing his vibe

I really wish Arteta should include more of martinelli, ESR and azeez into the team while promoting balogun. I really don't know what Arteta is afraid of.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:
luck in scoring free kick and scoring a penalty? Luck in forcing multiple saves from Mendy? Oga, you no get talk
Calm down. I just saw the match this morning and honestly, Chelsea was poor. Same old Arsenal, I feel. Every bad team have their lucky day. Arsenal was lucky with an undeserved PK and a one off Xhaka FK. No Biggie...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:
for me to hear what Tierney was even saying (me watching o), means the guy must have shouted with high pitch for pepe to make that run out of frustration. And guess what, pepe still didn't make the run grin grin.

After we go dey blame Tierney say him done dey drop form. Why won't he drop form wen the person in front of him is killing his vibe

I really wish Arteta should include more of martinelli, ESR and azeez into the team while promoting balogun. I really don't know what Arteta is afraid of.
Lolz. .KT was pointing but Pepe was just looking like mumu. I heard Balogun will be leaving and it is for FREE.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2020
ndidibabe:
Calm down. I just saw the match this morning and honestly, Chelsea was poor. Same old Arsenal, I feel. Every bad team have their lucky day. Arsenal was lucky with an undeserved PK and a one off Xhaka FK. No Biggie...
come on... So admittedly Chelsea was poor but you believe arsenal wasn't good ystdy.
Did you watch our previous matches this season, or you're judging yesterday's play with the play of arsenal under Wenger featuring ozil, Sanchez and cazorla?

If it's the latter, I'll agree with you that it's the same old arsenal, but if it's the former, then I would say you've not been watching arsenal matches this season.

Arsenal wasn't lucky ystdy, we deserved to win cos we created more chances, threatened more and player well. I don't know weda you wanna see us as Bayern for you to place us to such high standard, but then I'll take that as a compliment
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2020
mostob:
Lolz. .KT was pointing but Pepe was just looking like mumu. I heard Balogun will be leaving and it is for FREE.
If this guy goes for free then na Arteta fvck up.

How will you see that talent and see nketiah and still give more playing time to the latter over the former?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
Jodera:
If this guy goes for free then na Arteta fvck up.

How will you see that talent and see nketiah and still give more playing time to the latter over the former?
Bro,i tire o. Let us wait till UEL restart .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) (2092) ... (3572) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.