Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,670 members, 7,892,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:04 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2389910 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (3572) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2021
kokanepyramid:

How May matches did we win prior to ESR? what was our win rate prior to ESR?. You’ve forgotten so soon we were breaking terrible records. We were sinking so fast it took ESR to prevent us from touching the Mariana Trench.
We have not been conceding stupid goals even when we were not winning matches pre-ESR. So while ESR brought the creativity, he did not make our defense better. The defense has already been good all season.

I was the one on this thread not you who said an AM, any AM will make us win games. ESR despite being not exactly what we wanted proved me right. I said so having seen our defensive strength. A strong defense makes a team difficult to beat and gives them the impetus to win matches. Our strong defense has not come from any individual player but Arteta's tactical approach. This is straightforward.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 20, 2021
sod09:

Exactly
I want to check something too grin
5 straight CS with no Gaby, what a fvcking coincidence
I have always say it that a good midfield will reduce pressure on your defence i used Barca era when pinto(hair stylist) Valdez and clown like Mathieu was in defence and still win league
I used when arsenal keeper won the golden glove with per and Kos in defence then recently best defender in the league VVD chop 7 because his normal pressing midfielders were missing cheesy grin grin
Na here we they na we go blame Gabriel tire
All of a sudden luiz and holding that commit error now find a way to defend well and keep him on bench?
even this season Before the midfield got the balance, pressure on the defence made Gabriel chop red.
I didn’t blame him cos I understood the ish is cos of the bombardment of our defenders while others just looked away cos it’s Gabriel. I’m sure they wouldn’t have kept same energy if it was Luiz or Mustaffi in exact same situation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2021
kokanepyramid:

My assertion has always been that the midfield Emery paraded made our defence look terrible and defence was always scapegoated for the deficiencies of that midfield. Or why do u think I was hammering Guen instead of them Mustaffi and Luiz most peeps kept cursing game in game out. The defence looked better as soon as Arteta took over and made some changes in the midfield. We won Man-U in January and narrowly lost to Chelsea. If the video is during Emery era then it’s void based on my argument.

As u can see this season that without ESR in the squad and Partey getting injured the midfield was abysmal and there wasn’t much Gabriel could do in stopping goals from reaching back of the net. I’m sure if it was Mustafi and Luiz in same situation they would have been scapegoated, instead of pointing at the main culprit, MF.
Since ESR and the midfield being complemented by Partey we’ve kept 4 straight clean sheets without Gabriel. If this doesn’t point that defence wasn’t the main culprit I wonder what will.

Try and understand my point this is not about Gabriel.
Very simple midfield was terrible then you want your defenders to work magic, xhaka will pass to you immediately he get ball without knowing if you are in good position to receive the ball, Jerry curl will turn and fall sometimes ref blow or not
But we will blame luiz and mustafi for committing errors when they have been loaded with excess pressure.
We faced times 3 shots during Emery and Arteta half season but the defence will be blamed now they want us to leave out Gabriel lailai it can't work Gabriel is a defender.
Mustafi have been on par with VVD with stats in clearance, interception and blocking.
Errors leading to goal even VVD have more than mustafi , we will surely revisit this defence issue if we don't strengthen the midfield.
Arteta still insist mustafi is not for sale
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 20, 2021
Spy360:

We have not been conceding stupid goals even when we were not winning matches pre-ESR. So while ESR brought the creativity, he did not make our defense better. The defense has already been good all season.

I was the one on this thread not you who said an AM, any AM will make us win games. ESR despite being not exactly what we wanted proved me right. I said so having seen our defensive strength. A strong defense makes a team difficult to beat and gives them the impetus to win matches. Our strong defense has not come from any individual player but Arteta's tactical approach. This is straightforward.
It only buttresses the point that signing Gabriel wasn’t a necessity
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:28am On Jan 20, 2021
BlackSheep10:
about the gab issue, i think he is saying his signing didnt have much influence on the defense because we still had the same midfield. He is saying the moment the midfield chnaged, it affected and complemented the defence. he is just saying even with ramos and vvd as how cbs we would still chop in goals.
What changed in the midfield?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Fkhalifa:
Heaven helps Gabriel Arsenal doesn't lose the next game he starts cheesy

I hope not too cos I like that dude alot, but the way guys here attack the defence without knowing the midfield is the problem is the issue.
Arsenal want to play from back , the ball is with mustafi he look forward for his teammates xhaka Dan japa luiz sef comot face he panicked and return to Leno opponents smell blood and rush at us mistake happen we blame mustafi as the culprit
Haba
I'm still waiting for mustafi clips past season don't be biased we need good and bad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:34am On Jan 20, 2021
kokanepyramid:

even this season Before the midfield got the balance, pressure on the defence made Gabriel chop red.
I didn’t blame him cos I understood the ish is cos of the bombardment of our defenders while others just looked away cos it’s Gabriel. I’m sure they wouldn’t have kept same energy if it was Luiz or Mustaffi in exact same situation.
You sef see am of na mustafi or luiz chai
There is a reason why Roland always say pressure pipe will burst grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:37am On Jan 20, 2021
Roland17:

But if we don’t, Gab plays and we lose then we should expect Gab is going to be scapegoated?
No one will say that but for the fact that we have gone 5 matches without conceding stated the obvious undecided
That's me being petty now because you put words in my fingers tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:42am On Jan 20, 2021
kokanepyramid:

It only buttresses the point that signing Gabriel wasn’t a necessity
I would say same of Partey if I go by your assertion. Partey has hardly played since he signed. Last match was his only start in the 5 games we had clean sheets. What changed?

Even ESR wasn't signed. He has always been in the first team. So what changed?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:59am On Jan 20, 2021
Roland17:

But it’s not too far if Gab rejoins the team and we lose despite the midfield/ attack remaining the same?
That's because you guys made defense the man priority, you condemned the defence like it's irredeemable.
Now we got a defender our problem persist even worsen cos we lost 8 games and it is not even half way to the season, until we had to seek solution in a rookie academy player to help the midfield (the department we told you was the priority)
To buttress my point the defender we got haven't been playing for now and the defence you once condemned are the one keeping 5 straight CS.
For mustafi sake I wish we sell him so that he can breathe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:08am On Jan 20, 2021
sod09:

I hope not too cos I like that dude alot, but the way guys here attack the defence without knowing the midfield is the problem is the issue.
Arsenal want to play from back , the ball is with mustafi he look forward for his teammates xhaka Dan japa luiz sef comot face he panicked and return to Leno opponents smell blood and rush at us mistake happen we blame mustafi as the culprit
Haba
I'm still waiting for mustafi clips past season don't be biased we need good and bad

The bolded is the funny truth cheesy

Xhaka will japa or point fingers, Guendoxi will want the ball but turn and turn till they foul him, Luiz out of fear will comot face and won't want to make mistake because fans and media go finish him. grin

Mustafi and Leno go begin panick and gbam error go happen. cheesy

Gabriel has been brilliant no doubt, but like I said fans like you wey no get chill cheesy will not spare him if he commits error or gets turned like Podence in the Wolves game and the Red card foul against Southampton.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:18am On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=sod09 post=98247442]
That's because you guys made defense the man priority, you condemned the defence like it's irredeemable.
Now we got a defender our problem persist even worsen cos we lost 8 games and it is not even half way to the season, until we had to seek solution in a rookie academy player to help the midfield (the department we told you was the priority)
To buttress my point the defender we got haven't been playing for now and the defence you once condemned are the one keeping 5 straight CS.
For mustafi sake I wish we sell him so that he can breathe[/quote]

Some of us are happy Ozil is out and he is breathing fine kiss
I personally want my boi Guen out, he is kuku enjoying life in Germany and hopefully in the next 2/3 years, he'll be back in topflight football in Europe.

Also, I cannot imagine any coach benching Torreira for Xhaka..So I wish Torreira well in Spain. smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=sod09 post=98247442]
For mustafi sake I wish we sell him so that he can breathe[/b]/quote]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=Fkhalifa post=98249788][/quote]
Mourinho and pep will never touch xhaka
torreira is far better
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:57am On Jan 20, 2021
Fkhalifa:

The bolded is the funny truth cheesy

Xhaka will japa or point fingers, Guendoxi will want the ball but turn and turn till they foul him, Luiz out of fear will comot face and won't want to make mistake because fans and media go finish him. grin

Mustafi and Leno go begin panick and gbam error go happen. cheesy

Gabriel has been brilliant no doubt, but like I said fans like you wey no get chill cheesy will not spare him if he commits error or gets turned like Podence in the Wolves game and the Red card foul against Southampton.

I no get anything with gabriel honestly, i just want us to be on same page defence was never the issue for top4 fight unless we wan win league which is not so at the moment
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:57am On Jan 20, 2021
sod09:

Mourinho and pep will never touch xhaka
torreira is far better
Yes, Only wish he is physical.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:58am On Jan 20, 2021
sod09:

I no get anything with gabriel honestly, i just want us to be on same page defence was never the issue for top4 fight unless we wan win league which is not so at the moment
I get your point.
But you go troll him if he turns a Mustafi sha cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:59am On Jan 20, 2021
Fkhalifa:

I get your point.
But you go troll him if he turns a Mustafi sha cheesy
Why not, shey them spare mustafi undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MSGAMBLE9: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2021
kokanepyramid:

How May matches did we win prior to ESR? what was our win rate prior to ESR?. You’ve forgotten so soon we were breaking terrible records. We were sinking so fast it took ESR to prevent us from touching the Mariana Trench.
Really?

I hope you guys will say & stay same as serious fixtures (Saint, Man Utd, Wolves, Villa, Liecester, City) rolls in.

You won't get poor Chelsea, Brighton, West brom or the Clueless Toons all season though.

Let see how your New poster boy (ESR) would fare.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
Really?

I hope you guys will say & stay same as serious fixtures (Saint, Man Utd, Wolves, Villa, Liecester, City) rolls in.

You won't get poor Chelsea, Brighton, West brom or the Clueless Toons all season though.

Let see how your New poster boy (ESR) would fare.
ESR a poster boy coming from someone that stans Guen.

The joke is on you
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MSGAMBLE9: 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
kokanepyramid:

ESR a poster boy coming from someone that stans Guen.

The joke is on you
Aye, the joke will be Soothing and Sweet when he help us claw out point from that upcoming testing fixtures or watch as they revert to where they belong at other half of the table.

While i laff in Pallaitive!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
Aye, the joke will be Soothing and Sweet when he help us claw out point from that upcoming testing fixtures or watch as they revert to where they belong at other half of the table.

While i laff in Pallaitive!
We dey here...

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
Arsenal terminated papa's contract to leave on free
These fvcers can't even manage to squeeze out 2m from his sales, we just they pay salaries with no profit.
Mustafi will be free agent soon grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MSGAMBLE9: 2:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
Spy360:

We dey here...
Abi now? I hope the "Rave of the moment" worshippers can...cos the winter is coming for them ALL.

I need one of those Gorgeous Lady, abeg!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
Abi now? I hope the "Rave of the moment" worshippers can...cos the winter is coming for them ALL.

it’s not bad getting a lil bit of winter once in a while as too much of everything is bad.
meanwhile, Everyday was winter while your MCM was here,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
Double header against Saint coming up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
sod09:

Exactly
I want to check something too grin
5 straight CS with no Gaby, what a fvcking coincidence
I have always say it that a good midfield will reduce pressure on your defence i used Barca era when pinto(hair stylist) Valdez and clown like Mathieu was in defence and still win league
I used when arsenal keeper won the golden glove with per and Kos in defence then recently best defender in the league VVD chop 7 because his normal pressing midfielders were missing cheesy grin grin
Na here we they na we go blame Gabriel tire
All of a sudden luiz and holding that commit error now find a way to defend well and keep him on bench?

You people are still dragging Attack win you games but defence secure the title

May Almighty help you people oh and add more grease to una elbow to continue the drag.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
Akinbahm:

You people are still dragging Attack win you games but defence secure the title

May Almighty help you people oh and add more grease to una elbow to continue the drag.
They claim we scapegoating Gabriel which is false
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
sod09:

They claim we scapegoating Gabriel which is false
How can someone stanning Guen be wishing ESR fails, is it so he can come tell us how Guen is better than Elneny?

It’s high time some let us know if they are Arsenal fans or fans of certain players.

MSGAMBLE9 show ur real self abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
kokanepyramid:

How can someone stanning Guen be wishing ESR fails, is it so he can come tell us how Guen is better than Elneny?

It’s high time some let us know if they are Arsenal fans or fans of certain players.

MSGAMBLE9 show ur real self abeg
Make he no they disguise abi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:

They all want you... undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MSGAMBLE9: 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
Spy360:

They all want you... undecided
I dont care... I told my brother and friends when Man utd was below Arsenal earlier in the season and they were shouting " Ole didn't have Utd DNA", that atleast United setup, playing rythm and style then is a course for Optimism now look at them now.

I don't deal in illussions. Anybody that is having thought of Europe with these clueless Arteta is DAYDREAMING.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (3572) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.