Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,119 members, 7,880,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:13 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2377769 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) ... (3564) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lush100:
It was chris sutton that predicted 4-1.
Paul merson predicted 2_1
Thanks for the correction.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
One thing some fans are not noticing is our win against Liverpool is a big change of tide. Now, we wouldn't have a mental block when playing them.
The only team remaining is City. Hopefully we will change that this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
mostob:
One thing some fans are not noticing is our win against Liverpool is a big change of tide. Now, we wouldn't have a mental block when playing them.
The only team remaining is City. Hopefully we will change that this season.
That "mental block" was what is important and it'll give us confidence facing man city especially if our form continues.

It would have dampened our spirit if we lost or drew that game against them cos it means anytime we meet them again we won't be sure of a win since we can't even beat them even if they're at their worst form and we're at our best. Now we can confidently face them in any footballing challenge.

First half, they nearly fell for that mental block. I thank Arteta and anyone who roused them at half time for them to produce that wonderful 2nd half showing.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jodera:
That "mental block" was what is important and it'll give us confidence facing man city especially if our form continues.

It would have dampened our spirit if we lost or drew that game against them cos it means anytime we meet them again we won't be sure of a win since we can't even beat them even if they're at their worst form and we're at our best. Now we can confidently face them in any footballing challenge.

First half, they nearly fell for that mental block. I thank Arteta and anyone who roused them at half time for them to produce that wonderful 2nd half showing.
Exactly.... that's more reason why the win was so important.
For now, we kinda have an easy run of games though we shouldn't be complacent. The only difficult game will be at Stamford bridge.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
mostob:
Exactly.... that's more reason why the win was so important.
For now, we kinda have an easy run of games though we shouldn't be complacent. The only difficult game will be at Stamford bridge.
I don't think we will be. If you see the hunger and determination from these guys, you'll notice they can't be complacent.

Right from last season, it's being brewing and you can see that In the togetherness and the way they celebrate each goal. Why do you think they do huddle whenever a goal is scored? wink

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jodera:
I don't think we will be. If you see the hunger and determination from these guys, you'll notice they can't be complacent.

Right from last season, it's being brewing and you can see that In the togetherness and the way they celebrate each goal. Why do you think they do huddle whenever a goal is scored? wink
Well...they should keep it up.

At the bolded, Umunna gathering presided by Mazi iXHAKAba grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ChristineC: 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jodera:
we go dey here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
mostob:
Well...they should keep it up.

At the bolded, Umunna gathering presided by Mazi iXHAKAba grin grin grin
grin cheesy
Assisted by Ichie Jesus grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
ChristineC:
we go dey here
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jodera:
grin cheesy
Assisted by Ichie Jesus grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2022
Premier league is not UEFA O , jowa .. in my Àṣàkẹ́ voice ...
Men at work . Boys should go and sleep grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
This guy no go just allow person rest grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jodera:
This guy no go just allow person rest grin cheesy grin
My guy why na....no fall my hand o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
mostob:
Jodera they fvck up sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Jodera they fvck up sha
mostob:

Lol .. make Una no vex abeg embarassed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
Abeg where is Kbs?

It's been long he posted here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
Hello everyone...

Up gunners!!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... We all know this isn't true na.
You judge a game after the game have been played and never before.

Everyone thought Tierney will start but we saw Tomi started and that will affect any prediction they'll give.

Also, Liverpool players are back plus we hardly win them even with our great form or Liverpool's poor form, so that will be another factor to consider. Tottenham on the other hand were playing badly but scraping out wins plus they haven't beaten us at our home since 2011. Anybody who will look at those stats and still think we'll walk over Liverpool or have an easier game with Liverpool compared to Tottenham are just using emotions and this season's hysteria to analyse it

I so laughed when Paul Merson Predicted a 4-1 win. I was like "against which Liverpool"? grin
There's a reason I said before the game.

Before the game we know the odds.

For example, our game against Fulham was the hardest we have experienced on the pitch, but it's the easiest before we played it.

Same way, before the game Liverpool was the easier game compared to Tottenham. The poor start, poor defensive records, lack of physicality, injuries and general system of play. That's why the gamblers predicted 4-1, that's Chris Sutton of BBC and Paul Merson of Skysports.

Then even during the game, we didn't play as good as we did against Tottenham but still won convincingly. Our first half was very poor like you said, if we played that against Tottenham they would beat us.

I hope you get me now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jodera:
The thing is that I feel you're looking at it as a simplistic view. More like, if a team loses, that means they played badly or if a team wins that means they played better. But we all know in football, that's not always the case and that's how it is with this our defence.

Our defence are leaking goals not because the structure or organisation isn't good but because of poor childish errors by individuals which can be easily cut out from the game. The only game I'll blame the defence is against Man u but for all other games it's mostly Gabriel's error.

It'll be unfair to blame the whole defence for an individual error and that's the point I'm trying to make
grin grin grin

I added a bit of sacarsm.

The thing is that with the decision to use a single pivot, and a high defensive line- we are giving more attention to attacking than to defending. This will definitely lead to errors. We can then hope that the defensive play will become more perfect.

But since we are outscoring our opponents one may argue we shouldn't be complaining. Meaning it is working. Agreed.

But nevertheless we cannot underestimate the importance of not conceding.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
iPopAlomo:
Hello everyone...

Up gunners!!!
Guy where you dey all these years?
You see Pataki?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:24am On Oct 12, 2022
Spy360:

grin grin grin

I added a bit of sacarsm.

The thing is that with the decision to use a single pivot, and a high defensive line- we are giving more attention to attacking than to defending. This will definitely lead to errors. We can then hope that the defensive play will become more perfect.

But since we are outscoring our opponents one may argue we shouldn't be complaining. Meaning it is working. Agreed.

But nevertheless we cannot underestimate the importance of not conceding.
Lol, I get the sarcasm part— DWYL. grin

But I'm not looking at us saying we're outscoring our opponents as facts. What I'm looking at is that our GK is hardly tested in almost all our matches even when the defence are put under pressure and few of the goals conceded was because of foolish errors from main culprit (Gabriel). Take away Gabriel childish error and we'll be talking of 2 cleansheets in 4 home games(against Fulham and Tottenham) as opposed to the non-clean sheets being brandished about.

Hope you get my point
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:41am On Oct 12, 2022
Spy360:

There's a reason I said before the game.

Before the game we know the odds.

For example, our game against Fulham was the hardest we have experienced on the pitch, but it's the easiest before we played it.

Same way, before the game Liverpool was the easier game compared to Tottenham. The poor start, poor defensive records, lack of physicality, injuries and general system of play. That's why the gamblers predicted 4-1, that's Chris Sutton of BBC and Paul Merson of Skysports.

Then even during the game, we didn't play as good as we did against Tottenham but still won convincingly. Our first half was very poor like you said, if we played that against Tottenham they would beat us.

I hope you get me now.
Lol, if you've followed Tottenham this season, you won't say this. Tottenham hardly press and their gameplay is poor(just counter and insha'Allah). We can't play that nonsense against them cos they wouldn't even force us to play that nonsense unlike Liverpool that were pressing us and have pressed teams this season but are just undone by their lack of quality Midfield and subpar defence this season due to injuries.

I get your point sha and I know where you're driving at but like I said before the match, most of us really underestimated this Liverpool heading into that match. Thank God the players didn't
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:09am On Oct 12, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, I get the sarcasm part— DWYL. grin

But I'm not looking at us saying we're outscoring our opponents as facts. What I'm looking at is that our GK is hardly tested in almost all our matches even when the defence are put under pressure and few of the goals conceded was because of foolish errors from main culprit (Gabriel). Take away Gabriel childish error and we'll be talking of 2 cleansheets in 4 home games(against Fulham and Tottenham) as opposed to the non-clean sheets being brandished about.

Hope you get my point
Ok. I get your point. I think you can argue with that.

Let's hope Gabriel improves and the errors reduce. Everything with sit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:12am On Oct 12, 2022
kokaneprodigy:

Guy where you dey all these years?
You see Pataki?
Those days when this thread was a war zone. grin grin grin

Every day na fight.

Chai we don grow up o.

Iamoyindamola can relate. Sod what's the moniker of that your best paddy self?

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2022
Spy360:

Those days when this thread was a war zone. grin grin grin

Every day na fight.

Chai we don grow up o.

Iamoyindamola can relate. Sod what's the moniker of that your best paddy self?

grin grin grin
peakabeau1
Na wengay cause the toxic environment the old man frustrate living shiit out of me
Small clubs will ride on us big clubs will dismantle us we became a laughing stock
How that man didn't have heart attack i won't know

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:19am On Oct 12, 2022
iamoyindamola:

peakabeau1
Yessssssss!

grin grin grin

Memories are sweet

Hope say him dey fine o. E don tey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:24am On Oct 12, 2022
Spy360:

Yessssssss!

grin grin grin

Memories are sweet

Hope say him dey fine o. E don tey
He should be
If i remember his correct moniker i will tag him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:28am On Oct 12, 2022
iamoyindamola:

He should be
If i remember his correct moniker i will tag him
Pickabeau
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:31am On Oct 12, 2022
Spy360:

Pickabeau
Yes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2022
Bench cam is out
Always look forward to it when we win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7yI1V4O2mc
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2022
Bodo will trouble us tomorrow sha, I don.t want him to use our keys players
If we can sneak out a win if not draw
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 11:50am On Oct 12, 2022
Assnal babys club .. Happy principal cup ó grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) ... (3564) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.