Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2398104 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) ... (3578) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2023
Zinchenko and Saliba out for the remainder of the season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:39am On May 12, 2023
mostob:
Unfortunately their squad depth is not as efficient as before. Aside Foden , Mahrez and Alvarez.. nothing much
I want them to lose that match.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2023
mostob:
Zinchenko and Saliba out for the remainder of the season.
Zinchenko's absence may affect us because of the tactics we play. I hope Tierney can play that inverted midfield role or else, Xhaka will have to drop into midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:52am On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

Zinchenko's absence may affect us because of the tactics we play. I hope Tierney can play that inverted midfield role or else, Xhaka will have to drop into midfield.

I don't think Arteta trusts Tear-knee in that role, neither do I. Xhaka will most likely be dropping to the middle and back to the left. Xhaka will not be playing that advance role till the end of season be that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:55am On May 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don't think Arteta trusts Tear-knee in that role, neither do I. Xhaka will most likely be dropping to the middle and back to the left. Xhaka will not be playing that advance role till the end of season be that
Xhaka will be best suited for that role if midfield control is important and if Arteta does not want to lose a forward player. Vieira may take Xhaka's place while Xhaka takes Zinchenko's place.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:05pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

Tierney will be fine.... He will give us something different but not similar to Zinchenko's.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:05pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:
I want them to lose that match.
Well...let's wait and see how it goes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:06pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

Xhaka will be best suited for that role if midfield control is important and if Arteta does not want to lose a forward player. Vieira may take Xhaka's place while Xhaka takes Zinchenko's place.
Vieira? E better make we kukuma play Tierney abeg. That Vieira ain't ready bro.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:35pm On May 12, 2023
I will gladly take Cancelo as my RB Aswear 🙇‍♂️

Ben white can go back to playing CB .

Thank you

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:21pm On May 12, 2023
mostob:
Vieira? E better make we kukuma play Tierney abeg. That Vieira ain't ready bro.
I doubt if Tierney can play that midfield role. Xhaka may be preferred and if that's the case then Vieira will play 8. Unless Arteta will unleash ESR. I hear that he is grooming him as Xhaka's replacement next season.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:27pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

I doubt if Tierney can play that midfield role. Xhaka may be preferred and if that's the case then Vieira will play 8. Unless Arteta will unleash ESR. I hear that he is grooming him as Xhaka's replacement next season.

My question to you and your MCM is this, must we play that same tactic? Must our LBs be inverted to play midfield all the time? Is that the only way to creatively utilize a LB in a tactic? Why can't we be flexible for God's sakes? Why are we constantly reacting while being incredibly predictable with our tactics?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:28pm On May 12, 2023
Roland17:

My question to you and your MCM is this, must we play that same tactic? Must our LBs be inverted to play midfield all the time? Is that the only way to creatively utilize a LB in a tactic? Why can't we be flexible for God's sakes? Why are we constantly reacting while being incredibly predictable with our tactics?
I get your point. But my own question is if this is the right time to change tactics especially playing against lower teams?

Ok, while changing tactics may work given the change of personnel, it is equally not guaranteed.

If Arteta chooses to go with his same tactics, Tierney will have to reinvent his game or may get sold this summer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

I get your point. But my own question is if this is the right time to change tactics especially playing against lower teams?

Ok, while changing tactics may work given the change of personnel, it is equally not guaranteed.

If Arteta chooses to go with his same tactics, Tierney will have to reinvent his game or may get sold this summer.

What choice do you have? Zinny is not available and has been the best at playing the LB inverted role. Now that he is unavailable, does that mean we should field 10 players since no other player can play that role like Zinny? Or do we force Tierney to play that role even though he is uncomfortable with it?

Invariably, you are saying we can't get a favorable result in an emergent situation like this, except our LB plays the inverted role.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:55pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

Yes this is the best time to change as we have been grinding wins and draws
Zinny injury might be a blessing as our coach no get plan b
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:00pm On May 12, 2023
Roland17:

What choice do you have? Zinny is not available and has been the best at playing the LB inverted role. Now that he is unavailable, does that mean we should field 10 players since no other player can play that role like Zinny? Or do we force Tierney to play that role even though he is uncomfortable with it?

Invariably, you are saying we can't get a favorable result in an emergent situation like this, except our LB plays the inverted role.
No. I am saying that we still have the players if we decide to maintain the same tactics. Xhaka plays the inverted LB role while Trossard/Vieira/ESR plays the no 8 role.

Tierney can play too, but that will mean a forced change of tactics which is equally as uncertain as playing Xhaka there.

The question then becomes what the coach decides to do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Do you change a winning tactics with three games to go after maintaining it the whole season?

NaH!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:07pm On May 12, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Wetin arsenal fans want gangan ?

This formation Arsenal is currently playing is not even Arteta’s plan A when he joined arsenal . Arsenal has played different formations under Arteta , we’ve played 3-4-3, 4-3-3 , etc . In fact that 2020 FA cup final , i remember it was 3-4-3 we played .

This arsenal side Arteta took over has played different pattern so much that it looked like he was using the team to learn how to manage( Lije teaching practice ) .

Thus far it appears this current formation has been the most succesful/result oriented since Arteta took over going by the number of points we’ve amassed using this current system .

The question now is; what formation/system would u want him to change to going forward ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:14pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

No. I am saying that we still have the players if we decide to maintain the same tactics. Xhaka plays the inverted LB role while Trossard/Vieira/ESR plays the no 8 role.

Tierney can play too, but that will mean a forced change of tactics which is equally as uncertain as playing Xhaka there.

The question then becomes what the coach decides to do.

Our lack of flexibility is the reason why this is looking more herculean than it actually is. You can actually play the same formation with a different tactic/ instruction. You can play the same formation with tweaks to the instruction and tactics. Formations are broad while your tactics and instructions can be specific, flexible and adaptable. Irrespective, I just want good results as we end the season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:55pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

Do you change a winning tactics with three games to go after maintaining it the whole season?

NaH!
Lol same winning tactics that got us drawing soton, westham, almost lost to bornemouth
We needed change since teams found us out, look at apari now using plan c formation
Our coach is predictable period
Zinchenko shouldn't be starting games immediately after that LFC match
Alaye have totally forgotten his primary duty
BlueRayDick:

Wetin arsenal fans want gangan ?

This formation Arsenal is currently playing is not even Arteta’s plan A when he joined arsenal . Arsenal has played different formations under Arteta , we’ve played 3-4-3, 4-3-3 , etc . In fact that 2020 FA cup final , i remember it was 3-4-3 we played .

This arsenal side Arteta took over has played different pattern so much that it looked like he was using the team to learn how to manage( Lije teaching practice ) .

Thus far it appears this current formation has been the most succesful/result oriented since Arteta took over going by the number of points we’ve amassed using this current system .

The question now is; what formation/system would u want him to change to going forward ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:42pm On May 12, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Lol same winning tactics that got us drawing soton, westham, almost lost to bornemouth
We needed change since teams found us out, look at apari now using plan c formation

grin

Which teams found us out ? Bournemouth and Southampton ?

Bournemouth scored almost after kickoff , Southampton was almost same . Once u concede from kickoff the game becomes difficult , almost all of ur tactics becomes usless cos u begin to chase the game . We all agreed that Zinchencko was shiit in that Southampton game and some other senior players like Partey and Ramsdale too were culpable in the game . Na coach tell Ramsdale to play ball give opponent ? Is it the coach’s tactics that will prevent that ?

The west ham game was no different . Zinchencko gets caught napping and we found ourselves in danger .

At what point do we call a spade a spade and see that at times games just won’t go ur way even if u use all the tactics in the whole world ?

We’ve not even had this much point in the league as far back as 2008. So if u are a coach u will yank off Zinchencko who has been getting accolades all season long because he had a stinker versus Loserpool ? Just like that ?

What do u think happens to the rest of the team ? What do u think happens to their confidence ? Why do u think Arteta when asked out Saka penalty miss said he will even go throw the ball to saka if he hesitates to take the next one? He knows man management requires much more than just punishing a player who had a bad game .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 8:48pm On May 12, 2023
I'm surprised that we have forgotten that Teinery has been playing this rille in many matches with 20 mins to go to build his understanding of the role and do far was effective.
He even provided the assist for saka and one one other preaasist for another player.
You guys should calm down.
If you didn't give Kwior chance that's how we would be playing rob holding.
Teinery should play it instead of veira.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:52pm On May 12, 2023
Lush100:
I'm surprised that we have forgotten that Teinery has been playing this rille in many matches with 20 mins to go to build his understanding of the role and do far was effective.
He even provided the assist for saka and one one other preaasist for another player.
You guys should calm down.
If you didn't give Kwior chance that's how we would be playing rob holding.
Teinery should play it instead of veira.

Nobody said Viera should play that role . What spy said is that Xhaka play Zinchenko’s role while Viera plays Xhaka’s current role in the set up.

Personally I’m not impressed by Viera and would prefer to see Smith-Rowe play Xhaka’s current role advanced up the pitch while Xhaka play Zinchenko’s cos that was what he was playing while Arteta was still testing the current formation before Zinchencko arrived
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:01pm On May 12, 2023
Spy360:

Tierney doesn't need to reinvent himself just for 3 matches. Moreover, Tierney have been playing as cover anytime Zinny isn't on the pitch so I don't know why it should change now

I wonder why you'd think Xhaka will play that role. The same Xhaka that we deh lose all the matches wey him play Lb? Worst still Is putting Viera in Xhaka's role.

Omo, if we do those two stupid decisions (Viera for Xhaka and Xhaka for Zinny), I can 100% bet my balls that we won't win any of the 3 matches
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:08pm On May 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

grin

Bournemouth scored almost after kickoff , Southampton was almost same . Once u concede from kickoff the game becomes difficult , almost all of ur tactics becomes usless cos u begin to chase the game . We all agreed that Zinchencko was shiit in that Southampton game and some other senior players like Partey and Ramsdale too were culpable in the game . Na coach tell Ramsdale to play ball give opponent ? Is it the coach’s tactics that will prevent that ?

The west ham game was no different . Zinchencko gets caught napping and we found ourselves in danger .

At what point do we call a spade a spade and see that at times games just won’t go ur way even if u use all the tactics in the whole world ?

We’ve not even had this much point in the league as far back as 2008. So if u are a coach u will yank off Zinchencko who has been getting accolades all season long because he had a stinker versus Loserpool ? Just like that ?

What do u think happens to the rest of the team ? What do u think happens to their confidence ? Why do u think Arteta when asked out Saka penalty miss said he will even go throw the ball to saka if he hesitates to take the next one? He knows man management requires much more than just punishing a player who had a bad game .
Lol... I so don talk this thing taya sha but e go be like say I too deh shalaye.

We draw once or twice... You'll hear Teams have found us out.

Player have a bad game or two... Bench this one, bench that one.

Keep it up..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:12pm On May 12, 2023
BlueRayDick:

grin

Zinchenko getting caught over and over is not found out abi
Or teams doubling up on saka sniffing life out of him is what
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:14pm On May 12, 2023
The player that really fall my hands this April run of off form is Partey.

I expected more from him especially as one of the experienced heads and his skillset. After that Mistake in West Ham match, he seemed to go downhill from there and our results went down too.

I expected much from him..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:23pm On May 12, 2023
Jodera:
Lol... I so don talk this thing taya sha but e go be like say I too deh shalaye.

We draw once or twice... You'll hear Teams have found us out.

Player have a bad game or two... Bench this one, bench that one.

Keep it up..

It’s tiring honestly . Tactics wey person use turn a team struggling to qualify for Europa to a team being considered as title contenders ….. make he change am to wetin ?

To 3-at-the-back that made fans call Arteta a defensive coach back then ? Funny enough I know it’s man city match that led to all of this outburst of emotions . We won man city during pandemic with the infamous 3-at-the-back but the overall season was shiit .

Hence my question, what do the fans actually want ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:08pm On May 13, 2023
Roland17:

Our lack of flexibility is the reason why this is looking more herculean than it actually is. You can actually play the same formation with a different tactic/ instruction. You can play the same formation with tweaks to the instruction and tactics. Formations are broad while your tactics and instructions can be specific, flexible and adaptable. Irrespective, I just want good results as we end the season.
I agree that we lacked flexibility. In the Man City game I expected Arteta to change tactics and indeed formation knowing that we would never control the game. That's the area where lack of flexibility comes in. But looking at the last three games of the season, I wouldn't suggest change of tactics. It's that simple.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:

So the tactics that made us drag title with Man City is not a winning one?

Lol.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2023
Spy360:

So the tactics that made us drag title with Man City is not a winning one?

Lol.

Bros for a successful project
There should be plan a, b and maybe c
Sticking to one plan is plain stupidity
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2023
Jodera:
Tierney doesn't need to reinvent himself just for 3 matches. Moreover, Tierney have been playing as cover anytime Zinny isn't on the pitch so I don't know why it should change now

I wonder why you'd think Xhaka will play that role. The same Xhaka that we deh lose all the matches wey him play Lb? Worst still Is putting Viera in Xhaka's role.

Omo, if we do those two stupid decisions (Viera for Xhaka and Xhaka for Zinny), I can 100% bet my balls that we won't win any of the 3 matches
The bolded depends on what you mean by cover. A direct substitute or a tactical change.

Tierney is not a direct substitute for Zinny.

Many of us think Zinny is a LB and that's why we get confused. He is actually a midifelder in our starting formation. He only inverts to the LB role when we are defending.

Tierney is a LB.

Just as Zinny struggles to cover in the LB position during defending phase that's how Tierney will struggle in controlling the midfield in the attacking phase. Which one do you refer to forgo, control of the midfield or covering the LB position? Arteta prefers to control the midfield and that's why Zinny has always been preferred.

If midfield control remains top of Arteta's plans, then expect to see Xhaka.

As for Vieira you will only hope that Arteta views Trossard as a worthy no 8 than him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Bros for a successful project
There should be plan a, b and maybe c
Sticking to one plan is plain stupidity
I agree 💯

(1) (2) (3) ... (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) ... (3578) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.