Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,759 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:08 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2378233 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) (3210) ... (3564) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2023
I watched Harvetz clips of his time at B. Luverkesen .
I can see what Arteta sees in him.
He actually fit Peps style.
But that wage is too much except that it was meant to boost his confidence.
So kai na confidence player.

He can still be integrated slowly and plat in cup games once he starts scoring his confidence will go up.

Hopeful****
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
Lush100:
I watched Harvetz clips of his time at B. Luverkesen .
I can see what Arteta sees in him.
He actually fit Peps style.
But that wage is too much except that it was meant to boost his confidence.
So kai na confidence player.

He can still be integrated slowly and plat in cup games once he starts scoring his confidence will go up.

Hopeful****
Brilliant opinion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2023
So mumugate only carried nketiah for decoration
This blud should switch to Ghana asap and stop fooling himself
Make he no use old age play international football
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:22am On Sep 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:
So mumugate only carried nketiah for decoration
This blud should switch to Ghana asap and stop fooling himself
Make he no use old age play international football
The weyrey brought in Maguire and spoil Rammy's clean sheet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:52am On Sep 14, 2023
David Raya will keep against his parent club in caraboa cup on the 27th
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mine3112: 11:28am On Sep 14, 2023
You can't keep against your parent club if you are on loan to another club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2023
mine3112:
You can't keep against your parent club if you are on loan to another club.
If you see him in goal on that day, feel free to remove him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2023
mostob:
grin grin
Ignorance!!
When it's not EPL

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mine3112: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2023
iamoyindamola:
grin grin
Ignorance!!
When it's not EPL

Professor Damola. Well done o!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
mine3112:

Professor Damola. Well done o!
Nothing bring Professor talk into this. Try dey consult news outlets before disputing someone.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
mostob:
Nothing bring Professor talk into this. Try dey consult news outlets before disputing someone.
You get time grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and Thomas Partey have reached a mutual understanding that the Gunners will listen to bids during the January transfer window as Juventus circle for the 30-year-old as a potential replacement for Paul Pogba. [Transfersdotcom]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mine3112: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
mostob:

You can make correction in a more professional and respective manner rather than this abusive ways of correcting someone that will be well appreciated. O ga o!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
I think Arteta is more of a Fixed XI kind of guy. He believes in having a fixed core starting players and looks to augment that team and tweak as per necessary using the bench. I agree with Arteta on the fact that, you can’t play the same kind of football with different players. Trossard can start before Martinelli but he won’t provide what Martinelli does, offensively and defensively. Same when Trossard starts ahead of Havertz. Story is the same, we can’t have too many starting lineups. It’s better to always start with one lineup that is balanced in all aspects of the game, versatile, and comprised of players who are less INJURY PRONE. That should always be the criteria for the starting eleven. All other players are to provide options, as and when necessary. You can’t rely on someone to start if they are injury prone. You can’t base your core strategies around such players. You have to start with players who can play together for the maximum period of time without being laid off by injuries. That’s the recipe for a winning and cohesive team imo. And Arteta seems to understand that. You can’t have a lineup that keeps changing because somebody may have to be replaced every other week or so.

People here have been asking, why Havertz? I will ask why was Xhaka picked by every other manager? Because he was always there, the one cog that you rarely will be without. You could always count on him to be ready and there, even when he wasn’t playing well. Only issue with him was he wasn’t employed in his right position.

And I have to say, Arteta has found someone to really fill up that impossible shoe in the modern football, and it’s Havertz. He is not injury prone and to me that’s the main criteria for a starting XI. The more a set group of players play together, the more refined and cohesive the team will get. That means less errors of all kinds, an almost seamlessly automated passing, great anticipation among players, and myriads other benefits.

People here are complaining, Arteta must start with ESR, or Trossard, or Viera. But I think that’s a very short sighted approach. ESR isn’t reliable in terms of his injuries. Trossard and Viera provide very similar profiles as most of our forward line, both tactically as well as physically. I am afraid, we don’t have anyone who can dismantle Havertz from the starting position and his age, his height and his very different profile from the rest of our forward line cements his place in the starting lineup, and he can be relied to play most of our matches like Xhaka.

Imagine, Arteta decides to start with ESR for a stretch of games and let’s say we achieved a great run of games, great performances and suddenly ESR gets injured and he now needs to be laid off for months. Rest of our team has been accustomed to having ESR in the team and suddenly their performances start dropping. Rang any bells? That’s how we suffered last season, with Partey and Saliba, and Zinchenko getting injured and most of our crucial gameplan depending on them.

I think what Arteta is prioritizing players with better injury record for his starting eleven. And I can’t fault that. It seems to be the right way to think about the starting XI choices. Simple and utilitarian.

cc: Daulat

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
mostob:

Best answer of the year grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Best answer of the year grin
Our guy talk say na insult
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
Akinbahm:
I think Arteta is more of a Fixed XI kind of guy. He believes in having a fixed core starting players and looks to augment that team and tweak as per necessary using the bench. I agree with Arteta on the fact that, you can’t play the same kind of football with different players. Trossard can start before Martinelli but he won’t provide what Martinelli does, offensively and defensively. Same when Trossard starts ahead of Havertz. Story is the same, we can’t have too many starting lineups. It’s better to always start with one lineup that is balanced in all aspects of the game, versatile, and comprised of players who are less INJURY PRONE. That should always be the criteria for the starting eleven. All other players are to provide options, as and when necessary. You can’t rely on someone to start if they are injury prone. You can’t base your core strategies around such players. You have to start with players who can play together for the maximum period of time without being laid off by injuries. That’s the recipe for a winning and cohesive team imo. And Arteta seems to understand that. You can’t have a lineup that keeps changing because somebody may have to be replaced every other week or so.

People here have been asking, why Havertz? I will ask why was Xhaka picked by every other manager? Because he was always there, the one cog that you rarely will be without. You could always count on him to be ready and there, even when he wasn’t playing well. Only issue with him was he wasn’t employed in his right position.

And I have to say, Arteta has found someone to really fill up that impossible shoe in the modern football, and it’s Havertz. He is not injury prone and to me that’s the main criteria for a starting XI.
The more a set group of players play together, the more refined and cohesive the team will get. That means less errors of all kinds, an almost seamlessly automated passing, great anticipation among players, and myriads other benefits.

People here are complaining, Arteta must start with ESR, or Trossard, or Viera. But I think that’s a very short sighted approach. ESR isn’t reliable in terms of his injuries. Trossard and Viera provide very similar profiles as most of our forward line, both tactically as well as physically. I am afraid, we don’t have anyone who can dismantle Havertz from the starting position and his age, his height and his very different profile from the rest of our forward line cements his place in the starting lineup, and he can be relied to play most of our matches like Xhaka.

Imagine, Arteta decides to start with ESR for a stretch of games and let’s say we achieved a great run of games, great performances and suddenly ESR gets injured and he now needs to be laid off for months. Rest of our team has been accustomed to having ESR in the team and suddenly their performances start dropping. Rang any bells? That’s how we suffered last season, with Partey and Saliba, and Zinchenko getting injured and most of our crucial gameplan depending on them.

I think what Arteta is prioritizing players with better injury record for his starting eleven. And I can’t fault that. It seems to be the right way to think about the starting XI choices. Simple and utilitarian.

cc: Daulat

I disagree totally with you on the bold.

1. Havertz has not earned the lifeline to be starting game after game and be dropping disaster class performance. At least when Xhaka was not in blistering form (like last season), he was known to be scoring those rocket Xhaka Boom goals when we needed them most. What has Havertz done on the pitch thus far to justify his continous feature in the starting line-up?

2. It's not just on nairaland people question Havertz's continuous inclusion in the team, Go to AFTVmedia, Arsenal official page on facebook, IG and even tiktok and all you will see people say about Havertz is his unimpressive performances thus far. Like this guy legit lost one-on-one in the Man utd game.

3. Maybe it's time Arteta rest Havertz and give players like Viera and Smith-Rowe that have proven themselves recently a chance ahead of Havertz. It's obvious Havertz does not have what it takes to bench Jesus and Nketiah in the CF role neither can he lace the boot of our captain fantastic Odegaard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2023
We would have stone if this deal happened

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I disagree totally with you on the bold.

1. Havertz has not earned the lifeline to be starting game after game and be dropping disaster class performance. At least when Xhaka was not in blistering form (like last season), he was known to be scoring those rocket Xhaka Boom goals when we needed them most. What has Havertz done on the pitch thus far to justify his continous feature in the starting line-up?

2. It's not just on nairaland people question Havertz's continuous inclusion in the team, Go to AFTVmedia, Arsenal official page on facebook, IG and even tiktok and all you will see people say about Havertz is his unimpressive performances thus far. Like this guy legit lost one-on-one in the Man utd game.

3. Maybe it's time Arteta rest Havertz and give players like Viera and Smith-Rowe that have proven themselves recently a chance ahead of Havertz. It's obvious Havertz does not have what it takes to bench Jesus and Nketiah in the CF role neither can he lace the boot of our captain fantastic Odegaard.

Baba, be calming down ehn... no b my opinion nau.😂

Sha prepare your mind say Kai Kai go start against Everton this weekend and next 6 Epl features.🤓
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
Akinbahm:

Baba, be calming down ehn... no b my opinion nau.😂

Sha prepare your mind say Kai Kai go start against Everton this weekend and next 6 Epl features.🤓

Yeah I know he will start , until Arteta learns the hard way .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TradingGod: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:
We would have stone if this deal happened
havert deal dey give me lemar vibes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2023
With Spuds/ Liverpool and City all winning, tomorrow’s game against Everton is a must win. We can’t afford to drop point or be distant from the pack.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2023
Roland17:
With Spuds/ Liverpool and City all winning, tomorrow’s game against Everton is a must win. We can’t afford to drop point or be distant from the pack.
What happened to milano the beating too much
Dead mikitharean resurrected
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:42pm On Sep 16, 2023
iamoyindamola:

What happened to milano the beating too much
Dead mikitharean resurrected

I felt stupid rushing home from an earlier commitment only to walk into M. Thurman scoring the 2nd goal. I swear, the match pain me I no go lie.

It is one thing to lose, it is another thing to lose that way to Inter Milan. No be even Mkhi own pain me, na that Calhanoglu own really pain me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:17am On Sep 17, 2023
Roland17:

I felt stupid rushing home from an earlier commitment only to walk into M. Thurman scoring the 2nd goal. I swear, the match pain me I no go lie.

It is one thing to lose, it is another thing to lose that way to Inter Milan. No be even Mkhi own pain me, na that Calhanoglu own really pain me.

For a moment I thought Milan didn’t come with keeper but those goals were mad
Chic2pimp how are you doing too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
This isn’t the game to play around. I remember we lost this fixture last season and I wailed my soul out. Infact, that was the game I concluded we would choke the league. I want to see a business like performance. Take and keep control of the game and take your chances. Good to see some stability with the back 4
#COYG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kai on the bench.

Veira starts
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
Ramsdale on bench
Arteta I know what you are doing
Ramsdale will surely start our UCL match, majority of those guys will be playing UCL debut and arteta won't spoil their joy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
I can understand Ramsdale getting benched but Vieira against the physical Doucoure and co? Omo... all is well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
mostob:
I can understand Ramsdale getting benched but Vieira against the physical Doucoure and co? Omo... all is well
Wait you want kaikai again?
Omo na we they do ourselves, after everything that guy have served us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2023
Goal

(1) (2) (3) ... (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) (3210) ... (3564) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.