Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:40 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2376671 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) (3556) ... (3563) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:18pm On Jun 20
mostob:
Let me divide everything for you and move.

1. Your bolded is contradictory. Balance has nothing to do with best players. You can try to fit all your best players in the same lineup and an inferior team will beat your team mercilessly.

2. Saka and Salad are inverted wingers by your definition but both are different type of player. Arteta may play him as a wide forward in future but for now, he is a winger. The only wing forward I our team in Martinelli that's why we wanted Arteta to play him as a striker sometimes back.

3. All your examples didn't follow. The teams you mentioned were able to find balance and at the same time fit in their best players in the team. Can you say the same about England?

4. Kovacic is not an AM!!!!!
Your number 1 and number 3 especially the bolded part are different.

As for your question about England, I think you are living in denial because England has all her best players fitted into the first team.

I gave you several examples and you lie that they don't fit in and I am like I thought you were going to give me one example of a country that does not play all their best players in their first team.

Even the Serbia I am watching now has Vlahovic and Mitrovic both strikers in their team. Even Tadic is playing as a no10.

It's easy to just call someone's observation contradictory without providing any evidence simply because you can type. I challenge you to give me one example.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:23pm On Jun 20
Spy360:

Your number 1 and number 3 especially the bolded part are different.

As for your question about England, I think you are living in denial because England has all her best players fitted into the first team.

I gave you several examples and you lie that they don't fit in and I am like I thought you were going to give me one example of a country that does not play all their best players in their first team.

Even the Serbia I am watching now has Vlahovic and Mitrovic both strikers in their team. Even Tadic is playing as a no10.

It's easy to just call someone's observation contradictory without providing any evidence simply because you can type. I challenge you to give me one example.
ok

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20
Jodera:

This is exactly my point when people are omitting Foden.

How will it be that an Epl best player can't break into England squad?
Like not only a Man City starter but current Epl best and league winner. Such player is considered a squad player because of balance? I've never heard of such sha and I doubt the Fa will take it lightly if Southgate does such.
It's not easy at all for a coach to bench him, no matter the reason he wants to give. Bellingham winning La liga best player even compounds matter.

Southgate should just play him and Bellingham in midfield. Forcing him out on the wings (not even his favorable wing sef) will not do both England and Foden any favor

Thank you jare.

If Southgate can't find a role for Foden he will be criticised, and if he dare loses he is in soup, it's very simple. I remember it was a debate some weeks ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20
mostob:
ok
Cool 😎
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20
E for better for Tierney to begin learning coaching now. That's how it happened for Klopp and Wenger and all those German young managers. If injury nor gree you start learning coaching early. It can give you over 30years career.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:16pm On Jun 20
Spy360:
E for better for Tierney to begin learning coaching now. That's how it happened for Klopp and Wenger and all those German young managers. If injury nor gree you start learning coaching early. It can give you over 30years career.
It's sad seeing him being limited because of injury.
I so hate it when a good player can't enjoy his footballing career because of injuries. It's so sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:51am On Jun 21
Jodera:

It's sad seeing him being limited because of injury.
I so hate it when a good player can't enjoy his footballing career because of injuries. It's so sad
Some people are not just built for sports
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:31am On Jun 21
I watched Sesko for his country and i was impressed with his screamers, two of which hit the bar. If he's not in the box, he's at a distance where he can shoot hard at goal. Gk stood no chance on both occasions. Knowing how shots are the theme of this Euros, I'll say that was okay for me. Painful that Norway is not here sincerely. But will they even survive?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:55am On Jun 21
daveP:
I watched Sesko for his country and i was impressed with his screamers, two of which hit the bar. If he's not in the box, he's at a distance where he can shoot hard at goal. Gk stood no chance on both occasions. Knowing how shots are the theme of this Euros, I'll say that was okay for me. Painful that Norway is not here sincerely. But will they even survive?

If they can play as compact as Denmark does with Odegaard dictating as their creative outlet, I believe Norway could stand a chance
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:57am On Jun 21
Spy360:

Some people are not just built for sports
It's so sad.
I also think all these fragile players needs to watch their diet cos I don't believe in this time, age and invention, one's body won't be "built for sport".

One of the reasons Saka says he's durable is because he cut(completely stopped) eating pizza, Sugars (like Cakes, fizzy drinks and all) and also careful with the kind of food he takes.

Ronaldo lasting in the game for long too is the most popular example and inspiration about dieting. Most of these players should imbibe these into their sporting lives. I know it won't be easy but it's the sacrifice they need to make at least to last in the game.

If na person like Partey wey don old, it's understandable but not Prime Tierney. It's just so sad he's always breaking down recurrently, I just hope he does something about it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 2:21pm On Jun 21
Amario Cozier-Duberry leaving Arsenal after deal collapsed.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 2:37pm On Jun 21
germaphobe:

I want to cry , first that obi guy now Duberry.

I so much love this Duberry guy. Arteta should take this blame
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21
BlueRayDick:

If they can play as compact as Denmark does with Odegaard dictating as their creative outlet, I believe Norway could stand a chance

Their backline are annoying to start with. You're right sha. Make those two no go get grey hairs before they see euros o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21
johnjunior39:

They're probably demanding for some % of minutes and that may be s problem. Smh. Must we lose our talents till e taya us?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:29pm On Jun 21
Jodera:
It's so sad.
I also think all these fragile players needs to watch their diet cos I don't believe in this time, age and invention, one's body won't be "built for sport".

One of the reasons Saka says he's durable is because he cut(completely stopped) eating pizza, Sugars (like Cakes, fizzy drinks and all) and also careful with the kind of food he takes.

Ronaldo lasting in the game for long too is the most popular example and inspiration about dieting. Most of these players should imbibe these into their sporting lives. I know it won't be easy but it's the sacrifice they need to make at least to last in the game.

If na person like Partey wey don old, it's understandable but not Prime Tierney. It's just so sad he's always breaking down recurrently, I just hope he does something about it.
You are right about diet. But that is for people who are already fit.

Just as people have bow legs or k legs etc, some people's muscle structure cannot withstand the rigours of sports especially at that high levels. Many of them take steroids just to catch up which itself becomes detrimental in their future.

Some have the brain to play football but not the brawn.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:42pm On Jun 21
daveP:

They're probably demanding for some % of minutes and that may be s problem. Smh. Must we lose our talents till e taya us?

I doubt this is the case. It makes no sense for him to be demanding for minutes when he has couple of senior players ahead of him in the pecking order that are still hustling for minutes.

It will most likely have to do with money i.e. an improved contract Or maybe the club wants him to go on loan & he feels he should just leave to try his luck elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 4:01pm On Jun 21
germaphobe:
This is bad💔
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:12pm On Jun 21
BlueRayDick:

I doubt this is the case. It makes no sense for him to be demanding for minutes when he has couple of senior players ahead of him in the pecking order that are still hustling for minutes.

It will most likely have to do with money i.e. an improved contract Or maybe the club wants him to go on loan & he feels he should just leave to try his luck elsewhere.

That's true too sha. Cos i doubt more money is such a problem provided it is within limits for that group. Demanding the more impossible one is a top reason for such a hard decision mostly.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:22pm On Jun 21
Spy360:

You are right about diet. But that is for people who are already fit.

Just as people have bow legs or k legs etc,
some people's muscle structure cannot withstand the rigours of sports especially at that high levels. Many of them take steroids just to catch up which itself becomes detrimental in their future.

Some have the brain to play football but not the brawn.
You mean that with the advancement of nutrition, science and technology, those things can't be improved on or downright mitigated?? You believe that that will still be a limitation to players in this day and age?

I've read about most players who are mostly injury prone and one thing I realized is that most of them aren't putting in the work or making the sacrifices they need to make. It's not easy cos most will cut off most foods they cherish which they wouldn't want to AND also do more work to strengthen their bones, than what the average footballer do. Forget Steroids you gave cos that's even banned in sports

I remember reading on Partey beginning of last season (not this season that just passed) saying he will cut down on his noodles (cos he loves noodles well) and also do more of the recommended exercise so that he would tackle his recurring injuries that have plagued him consistently at arsenal. Do you think Partey being fit for most part of 2022/23 is just luck or coincidence?
Dembele (ex Barca player) is another good example cos this is someone who didn't follow Barca's dieting to prevent injuries.

There are ways to combat that bolded if one is unfortunately affected by it. One just needs to put in the work and do the necessary sacrifices.

I don't believe in this day and age, a good player " whose body is not built for high level football" still exists. Tierney should try and work on himself. Cut out some foods(that might trigger injury) if possible and get the best physios. He shouldn't just allow his talent to waste in his prime.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21
Jodera:
You mean that with the advancement of nutrition, science and technology, those things can't be improved on or downright mitigated?? You believe that that will still be a limitation to players in this day and age?

I've read about most players who are mostly injury prone and one thing I realized is that most of them aren't putting in the work or making the sacrifices they need to make. It's not easy cos most will cut off most foods they cherish which they wouldn't want to AND also do more work to strengthen their bones, than what the average footballer do. Forget Steroids you gave cos that's even banned in sports

I remember reading on Partey beginning of last season (not this season that just passed) saying he will cut down on his noodles (cos he loves noodles well) and also do more of the recommended exercise so that he would tackle his recurring injuries that have plagued him consistently at arsenal. Do you think Partey being fit for most part of 2022/23 is just luck or coincidence?
Dembele (ex Barca player) is another good example cos this is someone who didn't follow Barca's dieting to prevent injuries.

There are ways to combat that bolded if one is unfortunately affected by it. One just needs to put in the work and do the necessary sacrifices.

I don't believe in this day and age, a good player " whose body is not built for high level football" still exists. Tierney should try and work on himself. Cut out some foods(that might trigger injury) if possible and get the best physios. He shouldn't just allow his talent to waste in his prime.
I am not saying that's the case with Tierney or any of those players you mentioned even though it could be. If diet or training regime was the simple solution, you think those players won't be pointed out? You think the club's won't cut their salaries whenever they violate the diet rules or get injured?

The fact about body make up is a scientific proven one. It's like school work. Some people are not just wired for school while some are. No technology or modern science as if today will make an slowpoke become a genius. No science will make a 6foot man become 4feet or vice versa.

Some people naturally have veins on their skin while some have theirs inside. These things are natural. Some players only need push ups to have stamina while some no matter what they do will not get to that level. Some players can run for 90mins while some can't.

Have you wondered why Nigeria is the best in Africa in sprints but Kenya and Ethiopia are the best in long distance? You think it's training and diet only?

We just have to accept it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:55pm On Jun 21
Jodera:
It's so sad.

Excellent point. Let me add that recovery time is also important. I read a report days ago where it was stated that Saka take recovery time serious. Like as soon as he got to the camp, he went to check out the recovery room, gym and other necessary accessories he will need for his recovery. He is also the last to leave after training session (at Arsenal)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:58pm On Jun 21
johnjunior39:

Which blame?

I don't really understand this emotional attachment to every youngsters whenever they're leaving. Nelson can't even make the bench again not to talk of Duberry. We have like 3 solid wingers now and we're looking to add more so it make sense if the kid moves on.

BTW, Has Obi left Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21
mostob:
Which blame?

I don't really understand this emotional attachment to every youngsters whenever they're leaving. Nelson can't even make the bench again not to talk of Duberry. We have like 3 solid wingers now and we're looking to add more so it make sense if the kid moves on.

BTW, Has Obi left Arsenal?
You don't know how things work instead of you to be open minded and look at it in a better angle you will be shouting emotional
We are currently one big transfer from FFP we are not selling because majority of them are fringe players instead we are buying big
If dubbery is good enough enough to stand as back up for saka imagine how much we will save with that
But but it's emotional this emotional that
We have lots of useless players to sell which none of them can command 30-40m at a go
We have a coach that's not looking at the academy products way, imagine if a coach didn't promote the likes of saka, ESR for him
They will go for cheap and we will be struggling with FFP but we are emotional

Make una continue jare

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:31pm On Jun 21
iamoyindamola:

You don't know how things work instead of you to be open minded and look at it in a better angle you will be shouting emotional
We are currently one big transfer from FFP we are not selling because majority of them are fringe players instead we are buying big
If dubbery is good enough enough to stand as back up for saka imagine how much we will save with that
But but it's emotional this emotional that
We have lots of useless players to sell which none of them can command 30-40m at a go
We have a coach that's not looking at the academy products way, imagine if a coach didn't promote the likes of saka, ESR for him
They will go for cheap and we will be struggling with FFP but we are emotional

Make una continue jare
We all know your stance concerning this youngster talk and it is based on emotion. Let's forget how you ran when you push that Obi agenda here only to peddle falsehood. See the way you use the FFP to cover your main agenda again.
Ramsdale
Nelson
Nketiah
Vieira
ESR
Partey

This is a list of players that are likely to leave this summer. How you came about none of them fetching us 30m is surprising.

Cozier was offered contract same way Obi and Ethan were offered contract. He declined because he knew the competition is tough. How is that the coach's fault?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:35pm On Jun 21
You and your squad were so quick to call for Arteta's head here because he couldn't win the league but you still want him to use an untested academy product as backup next season.

All of us here don't follow them to training. Let the coach do his job. In recent years, City let go of Romeo Lavia (brought in Kalvin Philip), let go of Sam Edozie and Palmer yet heaven no fall.

This youngster agenda don dey stale abeg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:35pm On Jun 21
He was offered a contract with better pay but what broke the deal was the fact Arteta wanted to send him out on loan after the contract to mature and come back stronger, but he didn't fancy that choice. He wanted a defined direct route to the first team and Arsenal didn't give him that. Both parties tried but it just didn't work out well in the end.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 8:36pm On Jun 21
Dembele na oponu
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:39pm On Jun 21
johnjunior39:

Obi is not yet out, there's no single confirmation from either his management or Arsenal or even any stand out investigative journalist, so let's not discuss that one.
Arteta have always said he prefers players who really want to come/stay to help the team and once he and edu thinks you're not worth it, the leave you. That's also what happened with sesko.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:41pm On Jun 21
Shegzdave:

This is bad💔
No be today young stars start to de leave their parent clubs, some make it out big, while others flop in their new quest, the main thing is to make sure those that gain the promotion are better to the squad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:39pm On Jun 21
mostob:
We all know your stance concerning this youngster talk and it is based on emotion. Let's forget how you ran when you push that Obi agenda here only to peddle falsehood. See the way you use the FFP to cover your main agenda again.
Ramsdale
Nelson
Nketiah
Vieira
ESR
Partey

This is a list of players that are likely to leave this summer. How you came about none of them fetching us 30m is surprising.

Cozier was offered contract same way Obi and Ethan were offered contract. He declined because he knew the competition is tough. How is that the coach's fault?
Oya bring out the lies or point to it
Me run?
Dont flatter yourself I wasn't ready for some hear say or them say arguments going on here, I deal with facts
Are we under FFP or not?
Why didn't we buy players in January?
Table your emotional facts bros
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:47pm On Jun 21
Oponu Rabioz..Go inside and shoot na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:51pm On Jun 21
grin grin cheesy cheesy cool cool grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) (3556) ... (3563) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.