Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,796 members, 7,905,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2402378 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3577) (3578) (3579) (3580) (3581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:37am
Man is settling down so fast. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:28am
The arrival of Riccardo Calafiori at Arsenal means that #AFC have now spent more than £200m on defenders under Mikel Arteta.

Since Arteta's appointment, Arsenal have signed 11 defenders, at a cost of around £240m.

#copied

Is the Leroy Sana connect true? We need attackers abegggggggggg. Attackers that can bench even Saka or rival him😀
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:14pm
mostob:
Man is settling down so fast. grin grin grin grin
Hope say the guy no think say those babes na him teammates because dem get long hair like am?? grin grin

Sharp sharp, my guy don go connect grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:11pm
Jodera:

Hope say the guy no think say those babes na him teammates because dem get long hair like am?? grin grin

Sharp sharp, my guy don go connect grin grin
grin grin

He no fit lose focus lailai... And his English is good.

Heard Wenger was the one who discussed him with Arteta a year ago. Wenger said the guy remind him of Petit and since then Arteta and Edu have been keeping tab on him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:19pm
mostob:
grin grin

Heard Wenger was the one who discussed him with Arteta a year ago. Wenger said the guy remind him of Petit and since then Arteta and Edu have been keeping tab on him.
He's sha single and ready to mingle grin
Plus the Gunners Style of having partners instead of roaming round too. He just might get a London goodie
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:02pm
daveP:
Plus the Gunners Style of having partners instead of roaming round too. He just might get a London goodie
That’s true his ex broke the news sef in a somehow breakup message on IG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:12pm
iamoyindamola:

That’s true his ex broke the news sef in a somehow breakup message on IG
Let's hope it's an Ethiopian or South African or Tanzania geh grin
They too plenty for North
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:22pm
daveP:
The arrival of Riccardo Calafiori at Arsenal means that #AFC have now spent more than £200m on defenders under Mikel Arteta.

Since Arteta's appointment, Arsenal have signed 11 defenders, at a cost of around £240m.

#copied

Is the Leroy Sana connect true? We need attackers abegggggggggg. Attackers that can bench even Saka or rival him😀
E be like say na midfielder be the next target sef cos I'm seeing that Sane news as rumors (at least for now).

For now, I think his focus is on midfield but hopefully we'll add attackers (which I doubt). I think he's seeing F.Viera as saka deputy and probably Jesus. And with Jesus and Havertz fit, I doubt we'll go for any no 9
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:31pm
mostob:
grin grin

When I heard his clean clear English during his welcome speech at Arsenal players' review room, I was surprised. It's so clear.

I just hope he's really worth the hype tho. He really looks an interesting read exciting signing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:18pm
Jodera:

E be like say na midfielder be the next target sef cos I'm seeing that Sane news as rumors (at least for now).

For now, I think his focus is on midfield but hopefully we'll add attackers (which I doubt). I think he's seeing F.Viera as saka deputy and probably Jesus. And with Jesus and Havertz fit, I doubt we'll go for any no 9
I doubt he will get more than 2 midfielders. Merino and Ruiz or Partey cover. So overall, before Window shuts down, we should be expecting arrival of 4 more players(2 midfielders and 3 forwards, preferably a winger and a striker)

That Viera deputy no fit work imo.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:57pm
daveP:
I doubt he will get more than 2 midfielders. Merino and Ruiz or Partey cover. So overall, before Window shuts down, we should be expecting arrival of 4 more players(2 midfielders and 3 forwards, preferably a winger and a striker)

Hmmm about the bolded.
The highest I'm expecting is one more signing and it'll be generous if we get two.

And as for Viera, with the way he's been shunted in the wings this preseason, I'm afraid it might be there
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 5:35pm
Jodera did you read that piece about situations surrounding Chido Obi’s decision to leave Arsenal?

I’m hearing he was guaranteed U21 fixtures when the schedule allows and training with the first team. Is he not good enough to train with the first team ni? Why don’t Arsenal give their youth players a clearer path to the first team?

https:///1h6mX4ZiSF
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by obonujoker(m): 5:43pm
Why Xhaka dey cook him former club like this?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:23pm
daveP:
Not one of the staff abeg... even though they're pretty. Man must not sh"t where he works. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:26pm
Jodera:

When I heard his clean clear English during his welcome speech at Arsenal players' review room, I was surprised. It's so clear.

I just hope he's really worth the hype tho. He really looks an interesting read exciting signing
You know, I do wonder how Arteta convinces these players to join Arsenal. There was one moment where he gave Arteta a hug and asked if everything is real. He said he has been waiting for long. grin grin

Omo, if I get Arteta as a friend, I go carry my girlfriend faraway from him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:27pm
mostob:
You know, I do wonder how Arteta convinces these players to join Arsenal. There was one moment where he gave Arteta a hug and asked if everything is real. He said he has been waiting for long. grin grin

Omo, if I get Arteta as a friend, I go carry my girlfriend faraway from him.
The guy charm strong gaan😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:29pm
daveP:

Lol.. maximum of 3. That Jose Garcia in case Ramsdale leave. I don't see him signing two midfielders when Partey is still around. And then, he will either sign a striker or a wide forward (Like Isak, Rashford)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:30pm
Shegzdave:
The guy charm strong gaan
Very strong grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:33pm
Leyqute:
Jodera did you read that piece about situations surrounding Chido Obi’s decision to leave Arsenal?

I’m hearing he was guaranteed U21 fixtures when the schedule allows and training with the first team. Is he not good enough to train with the first team ni? Why don’t Arsenal give their youth players a clearer path to the first team?

You just typed that he was guaranteed training with the first team, and you're asking why Arsenal don't give their youth players clearer path to first team. Is training with the first team not a 'clearer path'? Remember the guy is just 16 years old o and he is not a regular for the U21s.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:40pm
mostob:
Very strong grin grin grin
I hope he wins the EPL or UCL this coming season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 6:52pm
mostob:
You just typed that he was guaranteed training with the first team, and you're asking why Arsenal don't give their youth players clearer path to first team. Is training with the first team not a 'clearer path'? Remember the guy is just 16 years old o and he is not a regular for the U21s.

Guaranteed U21 appearances, promised training with the first team.

My point is this: Should an academy player have to ask for this, especially if they are this coveted?

If you’re good enough, you’re old enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:54pm
Leyqute:

I think you are getting it mixed up.

In the contract offer, Chido was guaranteed U18 football by the club next season and some game time with U21 when schedules allow. At 16, Chido and his family believe he is ripe for the U21 and should be getting U21 guarantees and not U18, with opportunities to train with the first team when schedules allow and not the other way around. U21 guarantees is a clearer path to the first team to Chido and his family than U18 which was proposed.

How do you convince a family and Chido that there is a pathway when you are looking to keep him with the U18 going into next season? I have said it here numerous times, people need to understand that football has evolved past when players peak in their mid 20's. I mean look around the world and the recent Euros and you will see players U20 playing integral roles for their respective countries and club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:55pm
Leyqute:

Guaranteed U21 appearances, promised training with the first team.

My point is this: Should an academy player have to ask for this, especially if they are this coveted?

If you’re good enough, you’re old enough.
Comrade I hope you are not emotional sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:57pm
Make of it what you want. But make no mistake about it, this isn't about the money. This is about a "clear" pathway to the first team for Chido.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:57pm
So our oga patapata have spoken we need all maximum points to beat apari to the league
If at any point we draw or lose lasan I go just give up
Thank you arteta for the heads up
At least you have prepared my mind ahead of the coming season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:58pm
Roland17:
Make of it what you want.
Duberry just they Shana wole for Brighton
Those greedy bastards will now value him 100m if Chelsea want to buy😂😂😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 7:16pm
iamoyindamola:

Comrade I hope you are not emotional sha

Emotional bawo? Onto say something wey dey happen normal at United be like filmtrick for Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 7:26pm
Roland17:
Make of it what you want. But make no mistake about it, this isn't about the money. This is about a "clear" pathway to the first team for Chido.

Bros. The thing wey dey muzz me be say Chido might actually be ready to level up.

Normally, a player should be progressed through the academy if he seems to be cruising and mercilessly beating his age mates.

Considering that Arsenal hardly has an academy product as a regular starter, I can understand his sentiments.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 7:28pm
Roland17:

I think you are getting it mixed up.

In the contract offer, Chido was guaranteed U18 football by the club next season and some game time with U21 when schedules allow. At 16, Chido and his family believe he is ripe for the U21 and should be getting U21 guarantees and not U18, with opportunities to train with the first team when schedules allow and not the other way around. U21 guarantees is a clearer path to the first team to Chido and his family than U18 which was proposed.

How do you convince a family and Chido that there is a pathway when you are looking to keep him with the U18 going into next season? I have said it here numerous times, people need to understand that football has evolved past when players peak in their mid 20's. I mean look around the world and the recent Euros and you will see players U20 playing integral roles for their respective countries and club.

It’s even worse than I imagined.

Shea Lacey is a massive talent in Utd academy. He’s playing for the U18s consistently and he just recently turned 17.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:42pm
mostob:
Not one of the staff abeg... even though they're pretty. Man must not sh"t where he works. grin
True sha. But those ladies don't care grin
😂😂

I hope he 'concentrates' sha. Those babes go dey signal each other say hotcake don land.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:46pm
mostob:
Lol.. maximum of 3. That Jose Garcia in case Ramsdale leave. I don't see him signing two midfielders when Partey is still around. And then, he will either sign a striker or a wide forward (Like Isak, Rashford)

Make winger sha land. We need am for league and another midfielder with UCL nights aura.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:50pm
Roland17:

The thing is we need to look around youth talents usage in Europe and even South America right now. What is happening with youths? The answer is obvious. This means that all this reluctance is Arteta's own problem. He may not say it but it has gone on since he came that guy obviously likes finished product to academy boys. The ones he met on ground were straight to 1st team and he's enjoying them right now. All involves risk anyway. I don't think he is convinced he needs to take risk and trust these talents. He needs to do better on that front. 5years and at least 1 academy talent should be getting regular league games minutes by now is not much to ask. It is not

(1) (2) (3) ... (3577) (3578) (3579) (3580) (3581) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ObaIgwe1, iamoyindamola(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.