Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,457 members, 7,961,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 02:21 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2458809 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:26pm On Sep 28
Ethan should be a starter hence abeg. But i doubt this man go wan drop Kai if push comes to shove so that Trossard go dey wing and Nelli in CF. I don't think with such display that Trossard should be coming from the bench hence.

Ethan curler barely 10seconds after coming on... I need more outside box shots abeg. Cali for left, Ethan for right. Im impressed with him.

Chelsea fans dey jelos. Saying Saka dey statpad from corners. We go meet for front. Lol.

More open play goals though....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:29pm On Sep 28
BlueRayDick:

Let me just tell u: As a fan, if u have the mindset of "It's same ol' Arsenal" u will never enjoy matches. U will keep looking for negativity to analyze after each match.

The match was still ongoing, the players were still fighting to get something out of the game and u Don already switch writing them off. No be so.

If u were in the stadium watching live, would u have left at 2-2?
How did the match that should have been 4-0 suddenly becomes 2-2
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28
BlueRayDick:

Let me just tell u: As a fan, if u have the mindset of "It's same ol' Arsenal" u will never enjoy matches. U will keep looking for negativity to analyze after each match.

The match was still ongoing, the players were still fighting to get something out of the game and u Don already switch writing them off. No be so.

Not that it is same old arsenal of wenger days. No. But slipping down to such level and trying to be cool with it for 20 to half an hour. We are on trust the process peak moments. So a dive to such low level deserves screams. If na Mou be our coach and this happened, we both know how he'll be furious with their display till they up the ante. I didn't write them off. Even in games we win, or other teams win you see captains in press talk demanding or hoping for more or maintaining a standard.
I guess quality of opponent amplified this sha. Im happy for the 3 points. I hope they do better. Especially with clinicality.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28
daveP:

I fit deck anybody wey still dey say we dey spread goals and so we no need striker. grin
Imagine a proper cf in position of Kai, this game for don over since 60 minutes na. Lucky he scored las las. But it can be way way better.
It is better to spread the goals across the frontline rather than have a traditional striker. I dey my house, come and deck me. cool

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28
mostob:
It is better to spread the goals across the frontline rather than have a traditional striker. I dey my house, come and deck me. cool
Drop address fes. I go use dark arts 🧹🧹 reach you nanana grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:35pm On Sep 28
daveP:
Ethan should be a starter hence abeg. But i doubt this man go wan drop Kai if push comes to shove so that Trossard go dey wing and Nelli in CF. I don't think with such display that Trossard should be coming from the bench hence.

Ethan curler barely 10seconds after coming on... I need more outside box shots abeg. Cali for left, Ethan for right. Im impressed with him.

Chelsea fans dey jelos. Saying Saka dey statpad from corners. We go meet for front. Lol.

More open play goals though....
You want to play Martinelli at CF? Which of the Martinelli please?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:36pm On Sep 28
iamoyindamola:

How did the match that should have been 4-0 suddenly becomes 2-2

We were complacent, our attackers didn't put enough ball behind the goal to kill off Leicester spirit, our midfielders were ball watching while our defense struggled to deal with Leicester attacks and we were badly positioned for their freekick.

The players will definitely get their mistakes pointed out to them by the coaching crew.

But we should also appreciate the fact that they were able to right their wrongs eventually.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28
Personally, That Chelsea 15goals conceded season is one reason i dey lambast. Goan see the mentality with those guys mehn. If front dey mess up, ya not seeing any goal to score from defense. For where. Who and who? Not with Mou breathing down your neck either. Or is it the 100points season?

Let me sha say that to stop dey shout go hard me for this team. That's just it. I know I'm not alone on this level, the level i am expecting to see this season after all the last seasons we've passed.

All well and good sha.

That Hermansen carry 13saves join body. Omo. Twale to him abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:38pm On Sep 28
mostob:

😂😂😂

Person wey dey waste goal anyhow DaveP say make he play CF
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28
mostob:
grin grin grin
Shhhhhh. lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:40pm On Sep 28
daveP:
Drop address fes. I go use dark arts 🧹🧹 reach you nanana grin
Drop yours make I come meet you for house. I no wan make you waste tfare.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28
BlueRayDick:

😂😂😂

Person wey dey waste goal anyhow DaveP say make he play CF
grin grin grin

Na why I ask which of the Martinelli. Maybe DaveP get another Martinelli wey he wan dash Arteta.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:44pm On Sep 28
daveP:
[b]Personally, That Chelsea 15goals conceded season is one reason i dey lambast. [/b]Goan see the mentality with those guys mehn. If front dey mess up, ya not seeing any goal to score from defense. For where. Who and who? Not with Mou breathing down your neck either. Or is it the 100points season?

Let me sha say that to stop dey shout go hard me for this team. That's just it. I know I'm not alone on this level, the level i am expecting to see this season after all the last seasons we've passed.

All well and good sha.

That Hermansen carry 13saves join body. Omo. Twale to him abeg.

Now I get where u issue originated from; u are reliving a fantasy in Ur head.

Even man city that won the league last season conceded 34 goals( Arsenal conceded 29 by the way) but u are hoping arsenal concedes less than 15 goals in reminisce of the Mourinho's Chelsea team feat. Wake up bro!

Even the Mourinho that achieved that is chopping goals in Turkiye league.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:49pm On Sep 28
daveP:
grin grin grin
Shhhhhh. lipsrsealed
See, on this striker matter, you will calm down. The era of just spending anyhow don pass. The same club wey you dey troll wanted to sign Sesko in the summer until he decided to sign another contract.

How many strikers out there can give Haaland's output? And spreading the goals across the frontline doesn't really exclude a striker. It depends on what the striker offers alongside goals. The aim of this is not to be over-reliance on one source of goals. We kukuma used Auba as an example few days back.

So you saying you will deck someone is somehow funny.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28
mostob:
Drop yours make I come meet you for house. I no wan make you waste tfare.

Na No holds barred airfare na. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28
mostob:
grin grin grin

Na why I ask which of the Martinelli. Maybe Dave p get another Martinelli wey he wan dash Arteta.
The kind we get sense actually.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:04pm On Sep 28
BlueRayDick:

Now I get where u issue originated from; u are reliving a fantasy in Ur head.

Even man city that won the league last season conceded 34 goals( Arsenal conceded 29 by the way) but u are hoping arsenal concedes less than 15 goals in reminisce of the Mourinho's Chelsea team feat. Wake up bro!

Even the Mourinho that achieved that is chopping goals in Turkiye league.

Now that's where you're wrong. You didn't see the Pep example? Im bringing a talk about Champs mentality. I didn't expect that will fly by na. Cos say Mou set record no mean say person no dey use am as yardstick. And because he dey chop goals now no mean say his epl records are not desired to be replicated or near to.

Mentality.

If that's a fantasy to you, i dunno what else to say to convince you. But i know why i used that example.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:06pm On Sep 28
mostob:
See, on this striker matter, you will calm down. The era of just spending anyhow don pass. The same club wey you dey troll wanted to sign Sesko in the summer until he decided to sign another contract.

How many strikers out there can give Haaland's output? And spreading the goals across the frontline doesn't really exclude a striker. It depends on what the striker offers alongside goals. The aim of this is not to be over-reliance on one source of goals. We kukuma used Auba as an example few days back.

So you saying you will deck someone is somehow funny.
It was meant to be funny na. Wait, e be like you don too dey take me serious beyond what i dey do o. How do i undo this without dark arts right now?

The fact is Kai is not it. So till January.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:19pm On Sep 28
daveP:

Now that's where you're wrong. You didn't see the Pep example? Im bringing a talk about Champs mentality. I didn't expect that will fly by na. Cos say Mou set record no mean say person no dey use am as yardstick. And because he dey chop goals now no mean say his epl records are not desired to be replicated or near to.

Mentality.

If that's a fantasy to you, i dunno what else to say to convince you. But i know why i used that example.

Baba football has moved beyond that level of Mourinho era when u can win the league conceding just 15 goals. Nowadays even small clubs have access to TV rights money which affords them enough deep pocket to sign right-fit players they fancy. That's why u see that if a big team loose-guard they will collect from a small team.

As regards champions mentality, I have already addressed it in my previous posts. Champions mentality is pulling off a result against all odds. Even when u are disadvantaged, being able to come up tops at the end of the day is that mentality u need.

Everybody spoke highly of Leverkusen last season as to how they came back over and over again from losing position to either draw or win matches. Why is nobody knocking them for falling behind? Because it's what happens at the end of the match that matters. That was what I was telling u earlier.

Anybody that saw that Ur initial post would think I was saying it's okay that we lost our 2 goal advantage ni.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:38pm On Sep 28
BlueRayDick:

Baba football has moved beyond that level of Mourinho era when u can win the league conceding just 15 goals. Nowadays even small clubs have access to TV rights money which affords them enough deep pocket to sign right-fit players they fancy. That's why u see that if a big team loose-guard they will collect from a small team.

As regards champions mentality, I have already addressed it in my previous posts. Champions mentality is pulling off a result against all odds. Even when u are disadvantaged, being able to come up tops at the end of the day is that mentality u need.

Everybody spoke highly of Leverkusen last season as to how they came back over and over again from losing position to either draw or win matches. Why is nobody knocking them for falling behind? Because it's what happens at the end of the match that matters. That was what I was telling u earlier.

Anybody that saw that Ur initial post would think I was saying it's okay that we lost our 2 goal advantage ni.

I rest my case. I've tried.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 7:00pm On Sep 28
Arteta needs to rotate with smaller teams.
His main players are playing too many games under short rest period. That a why they are not fresh.

Saka is overused and needs rest.

He needs to rotate against lesser teams.
Why half time. He suppose bring in jorginho and Nwaneri and tell them not to loose possessions.

Saka is managing his football health.

Make we no complain oh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elinamartinez77: 7:00pm On Sep 28
Lush100:
Arteta needs to rotate with smaller teams.
His main players are playing too many games under short rest period. That a why they are not fresh.

Saka is overused and needs rest.

He needs to rotate against lesser teams.
Why half time. He suppose bring in jorginho and Nwaneri and tell them not to loose possessions.

Saka is managing his football health.

Make we no complain oh

Claim $1000 Instantly! Don’t Wait! 💵
Join now: https:///freejoinnowme
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:05pm On Sep 28
Nwaneri will cook in due time. I like the fact that Arteta is slowly integrating him into the team and not rushing him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:15pm On Sep 28
daveP:
It was meant to be funny na. Wait, e be like you don too dey take me serious beyond what i dey do o. How do i undo this without dark arts right now?

The fact is Kai is not it. So till January.
My response is actually for the 'striker' posts you have been making for days now. I Kno th 'decking' post was a joke.

Believe it or not, whatever post you make here won't still stop Arteta from fielding Kai next game. When we went on scoring spree 2nd half of previous season, who did we field? Kai.
O pari

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:16pm On Sep 28
BlueRayDick:
Nwaneri will cook in due time. I like the fact that Arteta is slowly integrating him into the team and not rushing him.
The boy looks like someone on a mission to bench Odegaard.
Very very impressive!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:21pm On Sep 28
Imagine Duberry had stayed eh...
I wish him well sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28
BlueRayDick:

My bro! What we are saying is that, if you want to be the best in premier league, you should not give such kind of room for your opponents to get back into the game. You saying this, is as if we weren’t in control of the game, like their two goals just came from no where. If you watched Trosaard’s interview, he admitted to the goals being easy goals. And by easy goals, I mean giving them a breather to take their chances at us.

The mentality we are supposed to be having is crushing our opponents totally. I mean total domination, in both Halves, we can only stop after the final whistle.

That’s the mentality that teams like Bayern and Madrid have.

Glad we were able to get a win at last and that’s because of the maturity we showed by not panicking.
But it’s our lack of urgency that put us in that position in the first place.

We needed to be swift and ruthless which we were not.That’s the only way we can get ahead of our rivals.

Mind you, we have other teams apart from Man City to contend with, let’s not get carried away.

We really need to be far ahead of everyone if we want to be winners. No room for slacking at all at all.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28
mostob:
The boy looks like someone on a mission to bench Odegaard.
Very very impressive!

I thought I was the only one seeing this... He learnt too much abeg and his confidence is on another level
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 8:26pm On Sep 28
iamoyindamola:

We lost 2 goals lead
Na that one pain me pass
We should have been out of sight sef

Exactly. The game was supposed to end 4-0 and not 4-2.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 8:42pm On Sep 28
Fkforyou:

My bro! What we are saying is that, if you want to be the best in premier league, you should not give such kind of room for your opponents to get back into the game. You saying this, is as if we weren’t in control of the game, like their two goals just came from no where. If you watched Trosaard’s interview, he admitted to the goals being easy goals. And by easy goals, I mean giving them a breather to take their chances at us.

The mentality we are supposed to be having is crushing our opponents totally. I mean total domination, in both Halves, we can only stop after the final whistle.

Glad we were able to get a win at last and that’s because of the maturity we showed by not panicking.

We needed to be swift and ruthless which we were not.That’s the only way we can get ahead of our rivals.

Mind you, we have other teams apart from Man City to contend with, let’s not get carried away.

We really need to be far ahead of everyone if we want to be winners. No room for slacking at all at all.
Those teams you talk about
Are they not 11 players . U think they came to sell groundnut.

They want to score.
Let ask
Why didn't Mancity beat Newcastle?
Why didn't they beat inter Milan.
Blueraydick is right.
It's how we react.
It's natural to score for the team loosing by a nil to up the ante and make something out of nothing.
Besides both goals one was a deflection the other was a wondergoal.
It's good we kept up the pressure.

Football is not mathematical.

The team you beat today second leg dem fit win you when with 2 shots on goal. See Aston villa they beat us home and away....no be the same.team.we beat this season.

Our injuries are also disrupting our balance.
White
Zinny
Odegard
Merino

Let hope Tomi is back and Merino is up to speed soon

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:46pm On Sep 28
Fkforyou:

City too were supposed to crush Newcastle 10-0, but the match ended 1-1.

You people just talk as if the players left their homes with the mindset of coming to lead 2-0 and then conceding 2 goals to draw level and give everybody high blood pressure.

Arteta has admitted It was worrying we lost the two goals advantage but was impressed with how we responded and secured the win. Have I said anything different from that? 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:52pm On Sep 28
Lush100:
Those teams you talk about
Are they not 11 players . U think they came to sell groundnut.

They want to score.
Let ask
Why didn't Mancity beat Newcastle?
Why didn't they beat inter Milan.
Blueraydick is right.
It's how we react.
It's natural to score for the team loosing by a nil to up the ante and make something out of nothing.
Besides both goals one was a deflection the other was a wondergoal.
It's good we kept up the pressure.

Football is not mathematical.

The team you beat today second leg dem fit win you when with 2 shots on goal. See Aston villa they beat us home and away....no be the same.team.we beat this season.

Our injuries are also disrupting our balance.
White
Zinny
Odegard
Merino

Let hope Tomi is back and Merino is up to speed soon

Thank you. It was in this same EPL Aston Villa beat Loserpool 7-2 without any red card. Did anybody see that scoreline coming prior to kickoff? At some point the scores was 2-1 advantage Villa before they later ran riot.

Things happen in football matches, it is how teams respond that determines the final scoreline and eventual position in the league at the end of the season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Spy360(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.