Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,729 members, 7,882,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:28 AM

Yoruba People Are Good: Yoruba Man Saved My Dad When He Was Attacked In Zaria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba People Are Good: Yoruba Man Saved My Dad When He Was Attacked In Zaria (214 Views)

All Women Are Good Witches - Ooni Of Ife / Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call / Moment Oba Of Lagos House Was Attacked By Mob (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba People Are Good: Yoruba Man Saved My Dad When He Was Attacked In Zaria by dododawa1: 7:39am On May 28
Chikwue Ochiagha
A legal practitioner, Lady Chikwue Ochiagha, who is the Registrar of the Diocese of Lagos Mainland, Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) since 2006, the chairman of the Synod Planning Committee of the diocese since 2007, during an interview with The Nigerian Tribune, revealed how a Yoruba man saved her father’s life in Kaduna State during the civil war.

Narrating what happened, she said that her dad narrowly escaped being killed, according to the story her dad told them while they were growing up. Her dad was an Igbo union leader in Zaria, Kaduna State, as at the time the civil war happened. So, he stayed back to make sure that other Igbo people were safely taken away from Zaria back to their respective state.
She said, “So, even when my mother was crying “please come with us. I have these little ones I am carrying,” my father said no with the assurance that he would travel to Anambra later. So, my mother left with us, but he stayed back to make sure others were safely moved out of Zaria.”

Chikwue Ochiagha, alleged that on that fateful day, her late dad told them (children) that the assailants came for him, because he was somehow prominent in the community. Her dad was in the backyard, in her mother’s garden when the assailants started jumping into the compound.

She claimed that the first person who jumped into their compound and went into the house did not see her father but it was the third person, who later saw him when he looked towards the garden where he was and he raised an alarm.

She said many people were killed right inside that house but her father narrowly escaped by jumping over the fence and then he ran.

She added, “And luckily, it was a Yoruba man that rescued him. Yes. He took him in and put him inside a box (used for storing clothes) where he passed the night. The assailants followed him to that man’s house. They searched the house but they could not find him and they left

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Are Good: Yoruba Man Saved My Dad When He Was Attacked In Zaria by Writervick(m): 7:43am On May 28
Wow nice

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Are Good: Yoruba Man Saved My Dad When He Was Attacked In Zaria by richeeyo(m): 7:48am On May 28
dododawa1:
Chikwue Ochiagha
A legal practitioner, Lady Chikwue Ochiagha, who is the Registrar of the Diocese of Lagos Mainland, Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) since 2006, the chairman of the Synod Planning Committee of the diocese since 2007, during an interview with The Nigerian Tribune, revealed how a Yoruba man saved her father’s life in Kaduna State during the civil war.

Narrating what happened, she said that her dad narrowly escaped being killed, according to the story her dad told them while they were growing up. Her dad was an Igbo union leader in Zaria, Kaduna State, as at the time the civil war happened. So, he stayed back to make sure that other Igbo people were safely taken away from Zaria back to their respective state.
She said, “So, even when my mother was crying “please come with us. I have these little ones I am carrying,” my father said no with the assurance that he would travel to Anambra later. So, my mother left with us, but he stayed back to make sure others were safely moved out of Zaria.”

Chikwue Ochiagha, alleged that on that fateful day, her late dad told them (children) that the assailants came for him, because he was somehow prominent in the community. Her dad was in the backyard, in her mother’s garden when the assailants started jumping into the compound.

She claimed that the first person who jumped into their compound and went into the house did not see her father but it was the third person, who later saw him when he looked towards the garden where he was and he raised an alarm.

She said many people were killed right inside that house but her father narrowly escaped by jumping over the fence and then he ran.

She added, “And luckily, it was a Yoruba man that rescued him. Yes. He took him in and put him inside a box (used for storing clothes) where he passed the night. The assailants followed him to that man’s house. They searched the house but they could not find him and they left
Am a yoruba
And I was raised by my next flat naugbour who are igbos
Till date I speak a decent igbo
My parents still talk about them till date
Very very nice people

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Are Good: Yoruba Man Saved My Dad When He Was Attacked In Zaria by immortalcrown(m): 7:50am On May 28
I have always said that every tribe has good people and bad people. No tribe has only good people, and no tribe has only bad people.

(1) (Reply)

Igala Chief In Benin Palace (benin Artefact) / Wh / Vemos Playlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.