Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,052 members, 7,912,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 04:52 PM

Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up (3869 Views)

There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka / Democracy Day: Nigerian Politicians Unable To Exploit Gains Of June 12 – IBB / Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June12, IBB Opens Up, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Enemyofpeace: 10:02am On May 28
They will kill me; they will kill the President Elect, Chief MKO Abiola if I went ahead with the election and announced the winner of the elections which we all know to be Bashorun, Chief MKO Abiola.

''I know so; I am not daft. He won; he tried. I feel bad about the whole matter. Professor, I do not see how they will spare you because they know you are my principal confidant. You think they do not know you? They know; they know you are with me now. They saw you coming in and they know you are with me now I cannot kill myself for the sake of what the country wants. I am sorry,'' IBB lamented. It was astonishing to hear a General stating that he could not lay down his life for his country.

It was clear that General Babangida was in a fix as of June 21st 1993. I then proceeded to deal with the questions of who were these “they” and for what reasons would they want to kill the President and the President Elect if the June 12 election were allowed to go forward. He named them in military and in ethnic categories:

''Sani (meaning General Sani Abacha) is opposed to a return to civilian rule. Sani cannot stand the idea of Chief Abiola, a Yoruba becoming his Commander- in- Chief; Sani seems to have the ears of the Norhern leaders that no Southerner especially from the South West should become the President of the country. Sani seems to rally the Northern elders to confront me on the matter. He is winning; the Sultan and the Northern leaders are of this frame of mind.''

''Where do I go from here? They do not trust me. Without Sani, I will not be alive today; without the North, I would not have become an officer in the Nigerian Army and now the President of Nigeria I don’t want to appear ungrateful to Sani; he may not be bright upstairs but he knows how to overthrow governments and overpower coup plotters. He saw to my coming to office in 1985 and to my protection in the many coups I faced in the past, especially the Orkar coup of 1990 where he saved me and my family including my infant daughter.”

''Sani risked his life to get me into office in 1983 and 1985; if he says he does not want Chief Abiola, I will not force Chief Abiola on him.''

He also named Lt General Dongoyaro and Brigadier General David Mark as those who were against Chief Abiola. In fact, he quoted David Mark as saying: I’d shoot Chief Abiola the day NEC( National Electoral Commission) pronounces him the elected President!

SOURCE:THE TALE OF JUNE 12: THE BETRAYAL OF THE DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS OF NIGERIANS BY PROFESSOR OMO OMORUYI.

So sad! The same David Mark went to Senate and became Senate President in a democracy that MKO Abiola died for.

www.oblongmedia.net

Copied

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Okwyjesus(m): 10:04am On May 28
So sad Babangida carried all the blames.

Life lesson- don't take decision bcs of people when you are in leadership position.

Be responsible for your decisions

5 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Dedeity: 10:08am On May 28
Okwyjesus:
So sad Buhari carried all the blames.

Life lesson- don't take decision bcs of people when you are in leadership position.

Be responsible for your decisions
Nigeria has a long way to go

6 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by CodeTemplar: 10:10am On May 28
Idiotic lies. I am sure they forced you to seize power also. They forced your to become rich. They forced you to support two party system. They forced you to have so much unexplainable properties around .

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by phorget(m): 10:10am On May 28
No Igbo name was mentioned but someone once told me that it was igbos that didn't allow Abiola to rule.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by meum: 10:14am On May 28
This DM na wa.
Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by IgOga(m): 10:27am On May 28
phorget:
No Igbo name was mentioned but someone once told me that it was igbos that didn't allow Abiola to rule.

True..igbos were used as pawn in the power chess game. It was an igbo man who went to court to stop the announcement of June 12. Credit must be given to Nwosu the NEC chairman then. He conducted the freest and fairest Nigerian election in my lifetime

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by SuperEagles: 10:41am On May 28
So is Auther Nzeribe and aboki or was that not the lunatic that instigated the court case that IBB gave as excuse to annul the election
phorget:

As you igbos take credit for conducting the June 12 election you should also take discredit for going to court to have it anulled.
IgOga:

True..igbos were used as pawn in the power chess game. It was an igbo man who went to court to stop the announcement of June 12. Credit must be given to Nwosu the NEC chairman then. He conducted the freest and fairest Nigerian election in my lifetime

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by BBBells: 10:42am On May 28
Journalists and lie Mohammed are like Siamese twins

The maradona himself

Abacha once said: power no go leave north ever again!

3 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by KnowAll(m): 10:44am On May 28
The fear of Abacha is the binginning of wisdom. Once Abacha says I don’t want it, I don’t think any sane man would go ahead with such prospect.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by waynetee(m): 10:46am On May 28
God is already punishing You and those northern miscreants who called themselves northern leaders.
Look around, almost everyone in northern Nigeria is a nonentity, some animals are even living better than them

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by tishbite42: 10:50am On May 28
It was obvious the whole North, military and political, were against MKO Abiola their so-called friend
Chai

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by id4sho(m): 10:51am On May 28
This cunny General undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by KnowAll(m): 10:52am On May 28
tishbite42:
It was obvious the whole North, military and political, were against MKO Abiola their so-called friend
Chai

It is the fear of Nigeria’s really true dictator, tell me one Emir who would go against Abacha.

1 Like

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by WakaTravels: 10:53am On May 28
How can a whole IBB be such a coward? He should have even stepped down than to annul the election. No matter who instigated IBB, he is still the one to be blamed for the cancellation of the fairest election Nigeria ever had, and not his instigators. I can't believe that the supposedly strong IBB is such a coward. If Abacha was in IBB's shoes and IBB in Abacha's, Abacha would have mercilessly dealt with IBB and the so called northern leaders. In a nut shell, IBB was a coward who never defended the truth.

My friend, you can travel out for almost free. Just check out our visa fees below and visit our office or chat us up. We're helping Nigerians to find better life abroad. Just make sure you return to develop Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by chiagozien(m): 10:55am On May 28
But Igbos is their problem.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by chiagozien(m): 10:56am On May 28
phorget:
Is what Yoruba parents teaches their kids.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by KnowAll(m): 10:58am On May 28
But come to think of it oh. Is IBB trying to be smart by half. Telling a lie against a dead man knowing that a dead man cannot bite.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Paraman: 10:58am On May 28
A very dumb excuse

3 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Minime10(m): 11:33am On May 28
IBB was not a bad man after all
David Mark is still alive, let him come clean on this posser by IBB

2 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by dododawa1: 11:37am On May 28
phorget:
Auther Nzeribe

Is

Northern

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Lazyuth: 11:38am On May 28
Minime10:
IBB was not a bad man after all
David Mark is still alive, let him come clean on this posser by IBB

Exactly

David Mark should come and say something

2 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by dododawa1: 11:39am On May 28
D evil men do live after them

DAVID MARK can't stay in hometown Otukpo till today

BABAGIDA facing his own challenges now

Where is SANNI ABACHA today?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by dododawa1: 11:40am On May 28
chiagozien:
But Igbos is their problem.
Auther Nzeribe

Part of d evil June 12 cancel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by muykem: 11:49am On May 28
phorget:
Northerners are politically intelligent, they only use easterners to do a dirty job after they have decided direction to go. All these stories can be denied but Nzeribe went to court to stopped the election was documented.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by ablejesus26(m): 11:50am On May 28
chiagozien:
Is what Yoruba parents teaches their kids.

What do you even gain from all this tribal banters 😁.

Na wa for una oo
Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Golan007: 11:50am On May 28
After Obi, give Babangida the Lamba crown.
👑

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Ebibedike1: 11:50am On May 28
This same coward is calling all yorubas cowards. " If I hear a Yoruba man is planning a coup, I will go back to my bed " and he was shaking for ordinary Abacha the yorubas eventually eliminated.

MUMU

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by ablejesus26(m): 11:51am On May 28
Nija has a long way to go.
Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by AL1ENWARE(m): 11:54am On May 28
But how true is this interview?
Reason why it's not on front page.
Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by Tochi3(m): 11:55am On May 28
...Ndigbo again..

..See how some Tinubulators are masturbating on Arthur nzeribe's name..leaving the fulani Masters who don't allow them to sight the moon in their presence
.IBB exposure have broken their age long lies , propaganda & deceit against Ndigbo..

..they are not saying anything to the main Northern Protagonists emirs, imams & politcians who forced Abiola to the great beyond..

..they are scared, afraid of their Northern Emirs & Masters.. but quick to call Nzeibe & Clark..

.. what about the Polticians fröm SW..what about those old men that collected crumbs from IBB to kill Abiola..

..cowardice is a disease..

grin

grin

3 Likes

Re: Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up by chiagozien(m): 11:56am On May 28
ablejesus26:

What do you even gain from all this tribal banters 😁.

Na wa for una oo
What will I gain from not saying the truth?🙄🙄

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates / Obama Wants Buhari To Reverse The Law Against Homosexuals / The Situation In Imo State University Worsens...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.