Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,199 members, 7,887,509 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:52 AM

Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year (10272 Views)

One Year In Office: Nigerians Rate Tinubu’s Administration / Emefiele Suspension: Pastor Adefarasin Applauds Tinubu’s Administration(video) / Pictures From The Launch Of APC Manifesto "Renewed Hope 2023" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Beautifulday: 11:46am On May 29
ogododo:
Na odo, zero.

You try. The guy dey own marks. Nah minus him dey.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by bixton(m): 11:50am On May 29
A cup of garri---#200
A cup of rice----#400
A cup of beans(white)---#350
3 seed of pepper ---#100
Curry-----#100
Bag of sachet water ------#400
Onion medium size------#300
1 small ice fish smoked -----#1000
1 small catfish smoked----#1200
Big loaf of local bread ----#1800( something that used to be #800)

Any good stuff that the price remains same means the quantity or size has really diminished.
There's no more #100 suya again.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by EdiskyHarry: 11:51am On May 29
-0000000000000000/ 1000
Buhari was the worst president in the history of Africa, but was 100 million times better than this drug vagabond

1 Like

Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by bentenny(m): 11:52am On May 29
Where is the rating of Wole Soyinka or one year never pass?
When he had the opportunity to access Tinubu administration he prevaricated to discuss a matter that should never have been his concern!
Making him look no different from the likes of Reno and Bwala
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by bentenny(m): 11:55am On May 29
The worst of Buhari in his first year as president was far better than Tinubu!
It's so hard to say this but it's the bitter truth!
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by remsonik(f): 12:00pm On May 29
Na dashed hope he be. Thank God he will be sent out in the next election -9/10
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by cowtail: 12:21pm On May 29
Was there hope if the first place? How can we talk of renewal or dashed for something that never existed in the first place?
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by akaahs(m): 12:40pm On May 29
Watianoengineer:
Sometimes I feel like regretting the vote and support I gave to Tinubu because of the insane cost of basic needs in market but on the other side it gives me joy that we taught Peter Obi a very deep political lesson.

Obi will never be my president
Thank God man no be God

1 Like

Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Whois(m): 12:43pm On May 29
I see why they said *Illiteracy is a disease*

Watianoengineer:
Sometimes I feel like regretting the vote and support I gave to Tinubu because of the insane cost of basic needs in market but on the other side it gives me joy that we taught Peter Obi a very deep political lesson.

Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Image123(m): 1:07pm On May 29
kingxsamz:

grin grin Use am console yourself. The average Nigerian does not care about any these rubbish explanations.
3 years from now, you'll still cry that it's too early to judge, that he needs another four years. 🤮🤮
If by chance the duIIard happens to secure another four years and does nothing productive with it, you'll jump on the next useIess individual APC presents.
And nothing concerns me with Obi or Atiku. Don't use that one to help yourself feel better.

Nothing to console, except maybe to console you. The facts are clear, i have said it since the administration started. Any new administration needs at least two years for fair assessment. i have some optimism that Tinubu might be our best president yet. Otherwise, Nigeria might as well be on a long hopeless thing. He's building a solid foundation and i am currently happy with it. Sorry for the inconveniences. It is what it is.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by kingxsamz(m): 1:20pm On May 29
Image123:

Nothing to console, except maybe to console you. The facts are clear, i have said it since the administration started. Any new administration needs at least two years for fair assessment. i have some optimism that Tinubu might be our best president yet. Otherwise, Nigeria might as well be on a long hopeless thing. He's building a solid foundation and i am currently happy with it. Sorry for the inconveniences. It is what it is.

Lol, okay nw. 😂
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by mankan2k7(m): 1:25pm On May 29
Catastrophic administration

Push and start regret

Trial by error government
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by OyinO: 1:31pm On May 29
-100 (minus 100)
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by MrUchenna1(m): 2:34pm On May 29
CONFUSION BREAK-EE BONE-EE, YEPA,
CONFUSION BREAK-EE BONE-EE, YEPA,
DOUBLE WAHALA FOR DEAD-EE BODY
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by arizona1101(m): 3:26pm On May 29
1 CUP OF GARRI 250 CHAI TINIBU WELDONE BUHARI 1 CUP 100
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Azularis: 3:55pm On May 29
Disasterous! Pure evil. Jihad is coming to this country. Be warned.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by IfnobeGod20: 4:06pm On May 29
Watianoengineer:

As you're teaching Peter Obi lesson, the market is also teaching you bigger lesson and the biggest lesson on the way for you. At least you have not learnt any lesson so far, by the time you learn the full lesson, you will come to your senses.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by hotseat: 4:06pm On May 29
I can bet it that Tinubu never knew the enormity of the myriads of problems buffeting Nigeria.

He therefore hit the ground stumbling and fumbling!

Truly, Lagos State no be Nigeria!

@hotseat

1 Like

Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by bixton(m): 5:32pm On May 29
Image123:

No, I disagree.
If the President can't access himself and tell same the truth that the presidency has not done well within this one year then it is absolutely hypocritical to have stood against the GEJ government in the manner they went about it.
Within one year a good administrator should have gone beyond 45% and within the next one year he would have consolidated on the gains and forged ahead. All we have is a trial.and error approach from persons put in even critical sectors of the economy and they throw blame away from themselves.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Image123(m): 5:37pm On May 29
bixton:

No, I disagree.
If the President can't access himself and tell same the truth that the presidency has not done well within this one year then it is absolutely hypocritical to have stood against the GEJ government in the manner they went about it.
Within one year a good administrator should have gone beyond 45% and within the next one year he would have consolidated on the gains and forged ahead. All we have is a trial.and error approach from persons put in even critical sectors of the economy and they throw blame away from themselves.

Tinubu's First Year in Office: Has Nigeria Gained or Lost?

In President Tinubu's first year in office, he had taken decisions that have caused short-term pains but will bring long-term gains. The first is the removal of subsidy. It is a courageous decision that is bearing fruit. Fuel imports are down more than 54%, and local refining is up. Yes, it has caused shocks, but those shocks were necessary to wake us up from our reverie of almost total dependence on imports for our fuel needs. Additionally, local refining is up nearly 20%.

The Naira flotation has also brought temporary sadness and looks sure to produce permanent gladness. It is forcing Nigerians to look inwards, by making imports more expensive and is reducing the pressure on our foreign reserves.

It would be hypocritical for the opposition to criticise these two policies since all major opposition Presidential candidates, except Kwankwaso, agreed to implement subsidy removal and Naira flotation.

In infrastructure, the President has done well in completing projects begun by his predecessors, including the Abuja Metro, the Outer Southern Expressway, and the Independence and Constitution Avenue, amongst others.

His initiation and commencement of the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway project is commendable. Not only is it the single largest infrastructural project in Nigeria's history, it looks set to expand our GDP by making it easier, less expensive and shorter to travel around Nigeria and especially her port cities. The more effortless movement of people, goods and services will make Nigerians wealthier when the project is completed.

Additionally, the Tinubu government facilitated direct flights for a Nigerian carrier, Air Peace, to have direct flights from Nigeria to London. A significant feat that gives Nigerians a less expensive alternative and projects our nation positively.

And the commencement of the Student Loan program is a breath of fresh air to Nigerian students, though it would have made more sense for the project to fund STEM education as a priority rather than obsolete social sciences and humanities courses, like Sociology, Philosophy, Anthropology, Linguistics, Religious Studies, Political Science, etc, which Nigerians like to study in our hundreds of thousands, though they are irrelevant to our developmental challenges as a nation.

In security, the administration has not done poorly, and I especially commend the National Security Officer. The most notorious bandit leaders have been killed, including Boderi Isyaku, Ali Kachala and Sani Dangote. And the Abuja-Kaduna road, as well as the railway, are now safe to journey on. The Northeast is almost back to normal.

In 2023, Nigeria had a Global Terror Index Score of 8.065. This year, the score is 7.575. Our best score in over eight years. Even the international community is noticing.

In governance, we are experiencing peaceful Executive-Legislative relations, unlike Buhari's turbulent first year with the Saraki-led National Assembly.

And the government has shown a low tolerance for corruption. Within a week of her being accused, President Tinubu suspended Betta Edu and encouraged her investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. Buhari would never have done that. He displayed a spectacular failure to supervise his ministers.

And when the cash for degrees scandal erupted, the administration was quick to take action by suspending all the schools and degrees involved, especially those from Benin Republic. If my memory serves me, that happened in under a week.

Obviously, Nigerians are experiencing challenging times, but nations do not succeed overnight. They do so over time, and with the policies he has put in place, I foresee a better future for Nigeria in the next year or the Tinubu administration, even though I believe that Waziri Atiku Abubakar would have made a better President and Nigeria would have gained more under him as their leader.

Reno Omokri

This is obviously not trial and error. Tinubu had all these in mind, including changing the national anthem since some years ago. Don't underestimate the president for your own sake, stop listening to wailers.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by bixton(m): 5:55pm On May 29
Image123:

This is obviously not trial and error. Tinubu had all these in mind, including changing the national anthem since some years ago. Don't underestimate the president for your own sake, stop listening to wailers.

Will the national anthem change the looting and deception of the political class, will it bring about an increase in minimum wage, will it stop police brutality, will it stop election rigging and ballot snatching, will it stop politicians from buying votes and all manner of cajoling, will it reduce banditry, kidnapping and herdsmen and farmers fighting, will it stop political appointees from behaving arrogantly, will it make the judicial system to be an arm of government that all can trust and not only those who are the highest bidders, will it make the political class of former regimes to return back stolen wealth, will it make all of us to speak the truth irrespective of bloodlines and ties, religious association, tribes, political affiliations all these free from things that permeate our sanctimonious and pontificating lives.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by vatiqan(m): 5:56pm On May 29
A total Fiasco! Abysmal, visionless, anti people, and catastrophic!
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Sleekfingers: 7:18pm On May 29
ogododo:
What is Your Rating of Tinubu's Administration in One Year?

Excellent....

10/10

Tinubu is on course
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Sleekfingers: 7:19pm On May 29
leisuretym:
Mere garri is 3800, beans 8000 for paint rubber, one piece of tomato is 200 Biko, Chimo!! No where to run God abeg

Food is more expensive than gold in Nigeria now, dash hope is an understatement

What are the governors doing?
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Image123(m): 7:32pm On May 29
bixton:

Will the national anthem change the looting and deception of the political class, will it bring about an increase in minimum wage, will it stop police brutality, will it stop election rigging and ballot snatching, will it stop politicians from buying votes and all manner of cajoling, will it reduce banditry, kidnapping and herdsmen and farmers fighting, will it stop political appointees from behaving arrogantly, will it make the judicial system to be an arm of government that all can trust and not only those who are the highest bidders, will it make the political class of former regimes to return back stolen wealth, will it make all of us to speak the truth irrespective of bloodlines and ties, religious association, tribes, political affiliations all these free from things that permeate our sanctimonious and pontificating lives.

i don't really know. What i know is that this is obviously not trial and error. Tinubu had all these in mind. Stick to the point, i am not the cause of your frustration, don't pour them all out replying me.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Breastfeed: 10:11pm On May 29
blueAgent:

You dey ask person way don die already. grin grin

The guy na walking corpse.

Zombie amplified grin
honestly

1 Like

Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Breastfeed: 10:12pm On May 29
Kukutente23:

The name of the curse is Indaboski bahose

Don't mind him. The fool is trying to derail the thread
I wouldn’t even waste my time minding that one.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by bixton(m): 10:20pm On May 29
Image123:

i don't really know. What i know is that this is obviously not trial and error. Tinubu had all these in mind. Stick to the point, i am not the cause of your frustration, don't pour them all out replying me.

Those who are frustrated wrestle power to govern only to find out that they can't really do better than those they used propaganda to remove.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by LAFOCUZY: 10:32pm On May 29
Watianoengineer:

How? Don't understand. You choice to suffer just to spite another. Anyways it's always been human nature. Some who work for a company prays evil for the. Company they work for. They k now they will lose their job if the company fails but it's better compared to the pain the boss will suffer.
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by MrCaesar: 11:01pm On May 29
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Pacesetter123(m): 12:26am On May 30
One year of hunger in the land
Re: Renewed Hope or Dashed hope?: Rate Tinubu's Administration In One Year by Image123(m): 4:20am On May 30
bixton:

Those who are frustrated wrestle power to govern only to find out that they can't really do better than those they used propaganda to remove.

Good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Adorable Photo Of Ebonyi State Governor And His Family (pic) / Why Tinubu And Obi Are No Match For Atiku - Dr. Oche Otorkpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.