Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,204 members, 7,880,742 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili (27386 Views)

Nigeria We Hail Thee: Reintroduction Of Old National Anthem My Priority – Tinubu / Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' / 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by Dapromzy333(m): 3:38pm On May 29
Absolutely incredulous!

“Native Land” . “Tribes”.

In a 21st Century Nigeria, the country’s political class found a colonial National Anthem that has pejorative words like “Native Land” and “Tribes” to be admirable enough to foist on our Citizens without their consent.

It is inevitable that there will be an ideological War between the Political Class and the Citizens of Nigeria.

It is only but a matter of “When?”. ✍🏾✍🏾✍🏾

Oby Ezekwesili

*Public Service Announcement*

Let it be known to all and sundry that I, Obiageli “Oby” Ezekwesili shall whenever asked to sing the Nigerian National Anthem sing:

1. Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria’s call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

2. Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leader’s right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice reign.

This is my own National Anthem and let it be known that no one can suppress my right to dissent an obnoxious “law” that is repugnant to all that is of good conscience in Nigeria.

Whatever else is #NotMyNationalAnthem.
✍🏾✍🏾✍🏾

Obiageli Ezekwesili

169 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by kestolove95(m): 3:41pm On May 29
I will support you on this one ma

242 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by yyba: 3:45pm On May 29
Oby ezekwesili you are yet to condemn IPOB warning

108 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by ThatFairGuy1: 3:49pm On May 29
Noise Maker.

Of what importance are you to Nigeria aside your noise and bigotry on other ethnic.

You can continue singing it in your room.

The fact is you dare not called to State or National Assembly for anything, like screening, or any government function and you do as you say tongue

Sore loser

174 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by ThatFairGuy1: 3:51pm On May 29
Reno has spoken.
These two bigots will NEVER
yyba:
Oby ezekwesili you are yet to condemn IPOB warning

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by ojun50(m): 3:52pm On May 29
We don reverse 100 percent backward for the country. The one year celebration go worst.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by G0odharddick: 3:54pm On May 29
It's no more surprised that tinubu is a monumental failure pro max

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by G0odharddick: 3:57pm On May 29
ThatFairGuy1:
Noise Maker.

Of what importance are you to Nigeria aside your noise and bigotry of other ethnic.

You can continue singing it in your room.

The fact is you dare not called to State or National Assembly for anything, like screening, or any government function and you do as you say tongue

Of what benefit is changing the national anthem to the common man in the streets?

Is he going to eat the national anthem or what exactly?

Are you tinubu fans really dumb?

Dude, there are more pressing issues to tackle in this country! WTF is changing national anthem?

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by CilicMarin: 3:57pm On May 29
She is right of course. IPOB founders are not expected to sing the Nigerian National Anthem.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:03pm On May 29
Misplaced priority.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by TimeManager(m): 4:07pm On May 29
Nobody forces you to recite it, just respect yourself and stay silent whenever true Nigerians honours the anthem. Your state's senators including LP lawmakers passed the law. stop the hypocrisy.

-Kiss the truth!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by sweerychick(f): 4:10pm On May 29
My question is of all the issues we are facing in the country is the National anthem a pressing one??

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by BATified2023: 4:12pm On May 29
sweerychick:
My question is of all the issues we are facing in the country is the National anthem a pressing one??
the question is y is a former minister of education not concerned about over 300k students that won’t write exam tomorrow but cares about national anthem

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:14pm On May 29
This ugly witch again ?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:15pm On May 29
Dapromzy333:

Oby Ezekwesili

Obiageli Ezekwesili

This Biafra pig 🐷want to dictate anthem to us?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by sweerychick(f): 4:15pm On May 29
BATified2023:
the question is y is a former minister of education not concerned about over 300k students that won’t write exam tomorrow but cares about national anthem
because we all know that no such nonsense will happen in the south east and IPOB just limit their authority to their members. Now like I asked before of what use is the new national anthem?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:17pm On May 29
sweerychick:

You had your representatives in the senate who agreed on this bill.
You should ask them why they accented to it.

This is purely a legislative issue and isn't coming from the executive.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by LibertyRep: 4:17pm On May 29
Really?

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by BATified2023: 4:18pm On May 29
sweerychick:
because we all know that no such nonsense will happen in the south east and IPOB just limit their authority to their members. Now like I asked before of what use is the new national anthem?
they feel it’s necessary

Satisfied?

So are u saying ipob only kill their members?

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:19pm On May 29
G0odharddick:

Of what benefit is changing the national anthem to the common man in the streets?

Is he going to eat the national anthem or what exactly?

Are you tinubu fans really dumb?

Dude, there are more pressing issues to tackle in this country! WTF is changing national anthem?

Them don change .

What are you going to do ?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by Peakdesign23(m): 4:20pm On May 29
The truth is that majority of us are suffering.
Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:20pm On May 29
Meanwhile, this transverstile looking hag is yet to comment on IPOB locking down their entire cursed yeast tomorow.

Ibo people ehn!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by abibun: 4:21pm On May 29
Is it all the representatives that supported it? Their one could be one of those that opposed it, so what do you want them to ask them again
RevDesm0ndJuju:

You had your representatives in the senate who agreed on this bill.
You should ask them why they accented to it.

This is purely a legislative issue and isn't coming from the executive.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by BondRiv: 4:21pm On May 29
It is a shame.
Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:23pm On May 29
abibun:
Is it all the representatives that supported it? Their one could be one of those that opposed it, so what do you want them to ask them again

Their useless representatives are bench warmers since 1999 and only rise up when issues relating to SS and SW are being tabled.

Okoro is the enemy of the south.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by Raskimonojendor: 4:27pm On May 29
Dapromzy333:

Oby Ezekwesili

Obiageli Ezekwesili
When is she speaking up against IPOB may 30th terrorism in the SE? It's been 2 weeks plus now.

15 Likes

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by Raskimonojendor: 4:28pm On May 29
sweerychick:
Better to contact your senator or HOR member that you voted for. That's how to express your dissatisfaction.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by MajorOvakporaye(f): 4:28pm On May 29
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Their useless representatives are bench warmers since 1999 and only rise up when issues relating to SS and SW are being tabled.

Okoro is the enemy of the south.

Illiterate. Don't look for job to do. Be jumping from one thread to the other. Ekperima

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:28pm On May 29
Raskimonojendor:

When is she speaking up against IPOB may 30th terrorism in the SE? It's been 2 weeks plus now.

Never.

You should know these people by now.

Their strength and voice only comes in critisizing others .

Their shithole is beyond repair hence why you never hear pim from fools like this ugly tranny .

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili by Raskimonojendor: 4:30pm On May 29
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Never.

You should know these people by now.

Their strength and voice only comes in critisizing others .

Their shithole is beyond repair hence why you never hear pim from fools like this ugly tranny .
Absolutely. They are hypocrites. Kids in the SE about 30,000 of them won't be able to sit for exams due to IPOB terrorism but this woman is more concerned about national anthem. I expect the other agulu man to also release a statement soon about the anthem while avoiding more pressing issues like the future of those kids in the SE at stake.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Convention: Buhari Withdraws Endorsement Of Adamu As National Chairman / Plot To Blame Yusuf Bomoi, Dead Ex-NYSC DG For Adeosun’s Certificate Mess / Osinbajo Visits Ebonyi State, Received By Governor Umahi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.