Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,867 members, 7,942,166 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? (1263 Views)

Why You Should Use Wordpress For Your Website Design / Can I Use Wordpress In Creating Forum Like Nairaland / Why You Should Use Wordpress For Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by Manuelcrc(m): 12:41am On Nov 25, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I've gone through a couple of websites I found here and I've discovered that most if not all are HTML-based,

My question now is: Is it that people are ignorant about WordPress powered blogs or they are just not comfortable with it? My blog is WordPress-powered and I can't seem to explain the benefits enough.

So I'm kind of surprised that people still pay high prices for static web pages.

I would love to know your take on this,

Thanks!
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by greenmouse(m): 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2011
I think one should only make a website CMS based depending on what the site is all about.

Like this client of mine wanted a website for her company (1) and a blog site (2) for blogging purposes which i did on wordpress CMS, so i did it intwo ways but they are all in one, just ckeck out (1) and (2).

1) www.edgenominees.com

2) www.edgenominees.com/edgeweb
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by yawatide(f): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
OP:

Though I will agree to you, to an extent, that it may have to do with ignorance, I will also beg to differ in a few ways:

1) You don't blow up a building to fix a leak in the roof:
If I do a site for someone and at best, it is updated say, once a month, there is no point for a CMS.

2) Capitalism at its best:
If you can convince a client that they are better off having you do the site updating, as opposed to doing it yourself, why not? Hey, it's more money in your pocket

3) Other solutions:
I for one consider myself lazy and so always go for the shortcut. Again, in the rare ocassion where the client insist that they be able to update their sites themselves, I will use a CMS. Otherwise, given #2 above, I would rather use a tool like disqus.
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Nov 26, 2011
Why should use a CMS for a static website. IT all depends on the nature of the site. You don't expect me to use a CMS for a read only 5 page webste.
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by moderatorr: 6:26am On Nov 28, 2011
HERE ARE THE TWO MAIN REASONS
1. installing cmses for people doesnt make you a web designer.
2. one day they will discover that you charged them so much, to install something that is totally free and can be learnt in few minutes - you cheated them.
3. Creating a static page here and a forum there, then a blog there sounds like an uncordinated attack!
Pls dont call yourself a web designer until you can roll your own templates.
Dont call yourself a web developer until you can roll your own forum, blog and dynamic elements like search and forms.
No one got rich installing wordpress.
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by yilia: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2013
I use wordpress for my site and I love Wordpress.
There are lots of free wordpress themes and plugins for you to use for website design.
And the one I use is Zippy which I downloaded from Mageewp.
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2013
Manuelcrc: Hi Everyone,

I've gone through a couple of websites I found here and I've discovered that most if not all are HTML-based,

My question now is: Is it that people are ignorant about WordPress powered blogs or they are just not comfortable with it? My blog is WordPress-powered and I can't seem to explain the benefits enough.

So I'm kind of surprised that people still pay high prices for static web pages.

I would love to know your take on this,

Thanks!

In this age, no site is html based, or what did u see that u r saying "html based" its either they are using one of the 4 popular CMS or they built their own CMS.

Besides, people use Wordpress to build websites nowadays, SO PLS DON'T SAY WORDPRESS POWERED BLOGS, say websites,

(1) (Reply)

Visit Http://www.sumbeadzz.wapka.mobi / Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. / Where Is Nairaland Email Notification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.