Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:36 AM

If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder (56730 Views)

Know These 4 Vital Things Before You Hire Office Remodeling Contractors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Dracula123: 8:01am On May 30
Hopez456:
We did played with the word Excercise Book then as:.
Ede x Ede, ,Remi Ko ni Iya, Segun elere ball, odabo odabo Kayode. Funny.

Eze x eze, rice customer, I see eze, b olobo olobo kay. I hope I still remember am sha

2 Likes

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Nicklaus619(m): 8:04am On May 30
verifiablefacts:

With its peculiar scent.

I remember how new books scent and how unique old books too scent then, cheesy
Omo things been good for Nigeria before shaa

1 Like

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Nicklaus619(m): 8:07am On May 30
Nonexisting1:
Our home theatre back in the day.

How we download our favorite songs that year, just listen to radio and put in a blank casset and wait for them to play your favorite song and then press record cheesy

Nostalgia 😊

17 Likes

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by flokii: 8:09am On May 30
That Turkey brand of cooking oil was for those with class back then.
The bug own is called 'guluso'.. true true na bug hunting.

1 Like

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Bakrabas: 8:21am On May 30
PerfectStranger:
That turkey brand oil tho

I use to think it was strictly for frying turkey. The high value and respect I placed on that oil ehn,Dayumm! I'm old. I even thought Nurses were Doctor's wife.

Funny enough non of us will be alive to witness 3024, RIP to everyone in advance grin

This your comments will be like that of ancient Greek philosopher that we this generation are reading now by the time the aforementioned year comes. If only nairaland too does exist by then...

I've the notion that as time goes a software will be built centrally to preserve all the information on the internet either relevant or irrelevant, that'll serve the the generation during the year 4000s.

And I'll be like Socrates or Aristotle to the generation that'll be reading this by then. After that they'll start searching for my moniker and every information and contributions that I've made on the internet will be provided to them by a single central software designed to preserve the internet info for that generation

2 Likes

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by oglalasioux(m): 8:28am On May 30
Nonexisting1:
Cooking oil for the rich.

Bros, did you say the turkey brand of cooking oil was for the rich? Then or now? My parents were primary school teachers and that oil never lacked at our home. Every family around us could comfortably afford everything we see as luxury today. Nigeria’s best years were the 1970s and 1980s.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Omuuvwie(m): 8:36am On May 30
Good Old Days, how I wish I can wind back the hand of the clock.
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Nemesis0147(m): 8:40am On May 30
arinzos:
I remember good old days.
Funny enough in our area then, some of these plays like suwe, rubber, flying kite,tennis, table soccer e.t.c...they all had seasons.

At a particular time, na only flying kite every child in the area go de do or table soccer.
suwe was mostly during the rainy season 😆😆
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Silentgroper(m): 9:04am On May 30
I sabi all these ... Omoh, I don old oo ...
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by ogahshtu: 10:03am On May 30
Hopez456:
We did played with the word Excercise Book then as:.
Ede x Ede, ,Remi Ko ni Iya, Segun elere ball, odabo odabo Kayode. Funny.

....honestly the earth is very old and many things has gone of which these kids won't understand it, odabo jare..... grin

1 Like

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by MikeBetty(m): 1:39pm On May 30
Nonexisting1:
Indomie generation will be confused right now. cheesy
with these, I am truly an elder. Forty-something years is not a joke. Out of all these years, Buhari and Tinubu years as presidents are the worst of them.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by okoroemeka(m): 2:11pm On May 30
Franzinni:
Nostalgia grin grin

Life was sweet back then in its own unique and special way...

I was in a restaurant today and my friend asked the attendant if she knew daddy showkey and she was just blank like "who?"

Then she said she never heard of him before ... That was when I realized

I am in a category of old now.
life is sweet because the innocence of youth was not tampered with,but now because of excess information and knowledge from the internet the happiness we enjoyed in our youths is now questionable in this generation,how can a teenager be happy when he is dreaming of driving Benz and making .millions

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by superCleanworks(m): 2:35pm On May 30
i don't know any of them. take me to court.
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by dNortherner(m): 2:50pm On May 30
Kai! Walahi those days fa...The hood was good. Mtcheeew!
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Obierika(m): 2:57pm On May 30
Person don old o grin
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Rejouir: 5:54pm On May 30
You should be in your 30's grin. Go and get married!!
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by officialfestus(m): 5:54pm On May 30
Omo, I don old truly.
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Kharol1234: 5:54pm On May 30
Koso they there
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Honestey: 5:55pm On May 30
Most of these things still exist nah
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by VaginaAcademic: 5:56pm On May 30
Lol the memories grin I feel old
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by LalastiklaIa(m): 5:56pm On May 30
PerfectStranger:

I use to think it was strictly for frying turkey. The high value and respect I placed on that oil ehn,Dayumm! I'm old. I even thought Nurses were Doctor's wife.

Funny enough non of us will be alive to witness 3024, RIP to everyone in advance grin

You went too far. That’s a thousand years from now. Should have been 2124. None of us would be here sadly

1 Like

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Twoclans(f): 5:56pm On May 30
I still bought cabin last week. grin
The only thing I can eat when I am ill.
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by peteofi(m): 5:56pm On May 30
Good old days.
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by erai30(m): 5:57pm On May 30
Then there was no hook up and no Yahoo.

2 Likes

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Mohisah: 5:58pm On May 30
I used all the mentions, but i still dey under 20yrs😄
Long school break was bae. Traveling dwn to Village memory is one not to forget. Life!
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Okeoghenerobert: 5:58pm On May 30
We talk God for keeping us alive despite the economic hardship in the country

2 Likes

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by vanbonattel: 5:59pm On May 30
Franzinni:
Nostalgia grin grin

Life was sweet back then in its own unique and special way...

I was in a restaurant today and my friend asked the attendant if she knew daddy showkey and she was just blank like "who?"

Then she said she never heard of him before ... That was when I realized

I am in a category of old now.

Supposing they ask her about Baba Fryo grin

1 Like

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by EriMma1: 6:00pm On May 30
ebexofficial:
Zim-sim
Dobo
Koso
……,

That zing zing we use it to fight and try to cut the opponents own grin.

1 Like

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Emma09(m): 6:01pm On May 30
U nor remember to put Nylon and paper kite sef. U nor remember to put the picture of Macclean or close up toothpaste wey we dey take do lorry, u nor even put suwe pictures sef. Men those days are gone and can never come back, but the memories still remain. Omo, I don old oooooo. Thank God for life. Almost 46 yrs on earth. E no easy. God, I thank you for the opportunity of still being alive, no be my power, but na ur grace alone. To u alone is worthy of praises.

9 Likes

Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Olarewaju89: 6:01pm On May 30
PerfectStranger:

Rest in peace in advance
Very funny cheesy
Re: If You Know These, You Are Now An Elder by Franzinni: 6:01pm On May 30
vanbonattel:

Supposing they ask her about Baba Fryo grin
I see what you did there grin grin .. even I wondered why the line of questioning... But we'll.

You know say nah from clap Dem dey enter dance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huge Snake For Sale At Opebi Round-About. Come And Buy While Stock Last (Pics) / Snake Killed In Ojodu Berger, Aina street Lagos / Police Van Transporting Blocks In Anambra State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.