Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,256 members, 7,936,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:39 AM

P.O.S in Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / P.O.S in Islam (13538 Views)

Women Forbidden For Marriage In Islam / Palm Wine In Islam / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P.O.S in Islam by AmericanIdiot(m): 2:56pm On May 31
Okpokpo09:
Why are you requesting for Islamic bank when you already have Muslim to Muslim tickets. What is really wrong with you guys from that side of country? Seems like you all lack vitamins in your head or something

U dey see Islam ☪️ abi?😂😂😂. Mumu religion

1 Like

Re: P.O.S in Islam by freeman67: 3:12pm On May 31
Before the scholar come to give us the perspective from Sunnah and Hadiths. Let me explain somethings that I have observed.

I have used the 3 Islamic Banks I know in Nigeria which are Taj, Jaiz and Lotus. They all operate like the normal commercial banks. The difference I noticed between them is investment in businesses that are halal and not investing in Haram businesses. They all charge customers like normal bank for deposit and withdrawal, you pay to get the ATM cards like normal Nigerian Banks, and pay for SMS charges. However, the between the 3, I prefer Jaiz, Lotus before Taj in that order. Jaiz pays you profit monthly if you have savings there like other bank will pay you interest, Lotus pays you profit once in a while too but Taj will never do such but will charge for everything chargeable.

The only Bank I have used in Nigeria so far that is free of almost all the things most Nigerian Bank charges for except Stamp Duty Charge which is mandated by the government, is Standard Chartered Bank. No transfer charge, No SMS charge, infact my ATM card was sent to me FOC, no payment of waybill sef and on top of that, the ATM they gave me has the highest life span of ATM I have seen since I have been operating banks. I have paid at least twice for another banks ATM since I have been having that and it has not expire.

Ehen, now to your question op, I can't categorically tell if it is acceptable or not. However, I can tell you that though I personally abhor the use of POS, I don't see in the bad light of selling money like some people see it. I see it as rendering of services.

First, the operators get their operating space most being paid for.

Secondly, they get either their shop, kiosk or umbrella, chairs and tables prepared by paying for it.

Thirdly, the POS Machine is being paid for too

Fourthly, for every transaction they do, the operating companies charge them for it too.

Finally, they get cash either by transporting to get from banks or sourcing from other areas to service their customer.

Above is a proof that they have made investments and are not just about reaping people off. Then on the Service part and the reasons why these investment are made, they help people who are in urgent need of cash and can not go all the way to the banks. Our economy is still cash full instead of the cashless the government would have wanted. Thus, they bring cash closer to the people, which also help people save funds.

So with all the above, I think the POS business is just as a normal business of a grain seller bringing grains closer to buyers. The only thing that could be bad in it is overcharging people much more than what it is worth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: P.O.S in Islam by Usmanovic95(m): 3:17pm On May 31
Sheriman:
This is not Saudi Arabia where government makes everything soft for it's citizens oooo..

You are very correct, we are in a society where you have to survive by any legal means.
Re: P.O.S in Islam by dododawa1: 3:42pm On May 31
Northern claiming Islam

Criminals is dey hood e.g

GANDOLLAR.

1 Like

Re: P.O.S in Islam by egunna(m): 3:42pm On May 31
ZekeYeager:
My goodness! Do these creatures ask an Imam for islamic ruling before they go into toilet to ease themselves? Is this a religion or a cult?
of course there is a ruling on entering and exiting a toilet.as insignificant as it seems to you.

1 Like

Re: P.O.S in Islam by trendist: 4:18pm On May 31
Yes. It's very similar to the N50 you pay each time you receive money into to account with any conventional bank
Re: P.O.S in Islam by trendist: 4:20pm On May 31
egunna:
of course there is a ruling on entering and exiting a toilet.as insignificant as it seems to you.

We had told them that Islam is a complete way of life. Them think say na joke.
Re: P.O.S in Islam by Fortune109: 4:22pm On May 31
Hmm!

If you have to consider in religion...I strongly recommend Islam...

To those being surprised Islam has rulings on ALL THINGS...

Have you forgotten Jesus promised before he left...to ask the Father to send a comforter that will guide you in ALL THINGS!!

If you say it's the Holy Ghost...well! The Holy Ghost has always been in existence and always been around even during the time of Jesus...Jesus was clearly referring to a new Person who will further entrench his (Jesus) teachings and ways in people's hearts...

Not surprised though how the right wings don't accept the core Islamic values all over the world...

Ask yourself!

If Jesus were to be alive today do you think the USA will like him? Definitely No! Just like the Romans did not like him then...he was a threat to their ways...

The most rejected ways by the Super Powers is most likely the authentic Jesus ways...we all know what ways is the most rejected by the Right wings today all over the world...

I think Islam is right!

1 Like

Re: P.O.S in Islam by Teymanhenry(f): 5:28pm On May 31
Kukutente23:

Did Muhammad use a bank or POS? You're using money to buy money. Is that not ribah? Do as Muhammad did!!

Muhammad swt was a businessman and he made a lot of ribbah. It clearly means he bargained very well. He buys commodities and sell right?
Re: P.O.S in Islam by Basmec(m): 6:21pm On May 31
ZekeYeager:
I'm beginning to understand why you guys are at least 3000 years behind everyone else in terms of basic intelligence.

And I'm sure you are not aware of the Islamic golden age. I can list hundreds on inventions that got their way from the so called 3000 years stone aged Muslim. In the field of medicine and philosophy, I can list things that were explained in the Qur'an and Hadith that your generations have been running up and down to study.

My take: study Islam with neutral mindset and you'll fall in love with it. It's not just a religion, it's a way of life
Re: P.O.S in Islam by SisterAnn(f): 8:40pm On May 31
Kellie069:
Salam’! But What has POS got to do with religion? It’s just one of the few means of transactions either crediting or withdrawals. The charges are also necessary because
1- it saves time( you can imagine the queue in the bank)
2- A POS stand is almost visible everywhere right now
3- in cases of emergency, accessing cash isn’t a problem and so many more importance.

Just as the conventional banks charges for ATM machine withdrawals , so the POS chargers too( tho higher ) because
1- The built or bought the POS stand
2- they buy cash too in order to be able to give out for withdrawals
3- The pay for the rented space that the stand is located
4- they employ staffs
5- they will have to make profit too! It’s a business

Are you educating Allah or what?
Resist the urge to shalaye.
Re: P.O.S in Islam by Kukutente23: 12:45am On Jun 01
Fortune109:

Hmm!

If you have to consider in religion...I strongly recommend Islam...

To those being surprised Islam has rulings on ALL THINGS...

Have you forgotten Jesus promised before he left...to ask the Father to send a comforter that will guide you in ALL THINGS!!

If you say it's the Holy Ghost...well! The Holy Ghost has always been in existence and always been around even during the time of Jesus...Jesus was clearly referring to a new Person who will further entrench his (Jesus) teachings and ways in people's hearts...

Not surprised though how the right wings don't accept the core Islamic values all over the world...

Ask yourself!

If Jesus were to be alive today do you think the USA will like him? Definitely No! Just like the Romans did not like him then...he was a threat to their ways...

The most rejected ways by the Super Powers is most likely the authentic Jesus ways...we all know what ways is the most rejected by the Right wings today all over the world...

I think Islam is right!

Let us investigate your claim that the comforter was not the Holy Spirit but a "Person". Read John 16:5-15
5Now, however, I am going to Him who sent Me; yet none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6Instead, your hearts are filled with sorrow because I have told you these things. 7But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

8And when He comes, He will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9in regard to sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see Me; 11and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world has been condemned.

12I still have much to tell you, but you cannot yet bear to hear it. 13However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come. 14He will glorify Me by taking from what is Mine and disclosing it to you. 15Everything that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said that the Spirit will take from what is Mine and disclose it to you.
Look at the two bolded. The first shows that the comforter will convict the world. The second proves the comforter is indeed a Spirit and not a person. In fact, it is the Spirit of Truth. Jesus said in John 14 "I am the Way, the truth and life". Thus the promised comforter is the spirit of Jesus and not any human being
Re: P.O.S in Islam by Kellie069(m): 7:24am On Jun 01
SisterAnn:
Are you educating Allah or what?
Resist the urge to shalaye.

Educating Allah asin how ? Or you are probably on reverse mode?
Re: P.O.S in Islam by turawaa(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03
ZekeYeager:
My goodness! Do these creatures ask an Imam for islamic ruling before they go into toilet to ease themselves? Is this a religion or a cult?

Yes...There are islamic ethics of entering into Toilet

Islam teaches us that Satan and his disciples live in dirty places (no matter how clean the Toilet is) hence

It's recommended to

1- Pray ( seek refuge from devil) before entering.

2- enter with left leg.

3- it's advice to use possible short time inside Toilet ( by resting on your rectum, enable fast excretion.

4- Pray when leaving too
Re: P.O.S in Islam by turawaa(m): 4:25pm On Jun 03
Elzazzi:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Una don get ruling on POS too ??

Because I know say una get ruling on everything. Even ruling on how to put preek inside puna sef grin

But on a more serious note. Your politicians don't think this way before they loot to stupor. Just look up north.

ISLAM IS A COMPLETE WAY OF LIFE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Quiz / He Said To Her “I Divorce You” With The Intention Of Threatening And Scaring Her / Hajj Pilgrims ‘stone The Devil’ As Muslims Mark Eid Al-adha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.