Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,436 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day (20232 Views)

Biafra Heroes Day: Igbos, Asari Dokubo, Ijaw, Ogoni, Annang Celebrated / This 12 Pictures Will Make You Honour May30th Biafra Heroes Day And Sit-at-home / IPOB Holds Mock Referendum In Owerri, In Readiness For 16th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by adenigga(m): 4:37am On May 30
Ahead of today’s Biafra Heroes Day declared by the separatist Indigenous People of Biafra across the South-East, the Commissioner of Police in Anambra State, Nnaghe Itam, on Wednesday, deployed policemen across schools in the state.

Similarly, the Enugu State government rejected the sit-at-home order called by IPOB to mark the day, saying it had put security agencies on red alert to resist any attempt at the breaking of law and order.

IPOB had last week, in a statement by its spokesman, Emma Powerful, advised the West African Examination Council to shift WASSCE papers slated for May 30.

It similarly advised the Nnamdi Azikiwe University in Anambra State to shift its convocation slated for the same date.

The separatist group declared May 30 sit-at-home across the five South-East states, warning that there would be no business activities and no movements to honour Igbo people killed during the civil war of 1967-1970.

Our correspondent, who went around major markets and schools across Anambra State on Wednesday, observed heavy security presence with security vehicles as residents were also seen making last-minute purchases to avoid being stranded.

This was just as some of the students taking part in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination were seen relocating to areas near their examination centres, so as to avoid being stranded as IPOB has declared no movement across the region.

Customers also besieged banks and Automated Teller Machine points to withdraw cash in order to make purchases and get ready for the day.

A resident, who was seen making quick purchases at Eke Awka Market, in Awka, Grace Acho, who spoke to our correspondent, said, “My brother, when I heard that markets would not open tomorrow, I took permission from the office to rush here to buy some foodstuffs and get ready for tomorrow.

Source: https://punchng.com/Heavy-security-panic-buying-as-IPOB-holds-Biafra-Heroes-Day

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by drevillway: 4:40am On May 30
How much is paint of garri now? Ipob might be childsplay if this food inflation is not solved in 6 months.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by gidgiddy: 4:45am On May 30
Some people are not bothered that over four thousand people have been killed in North by armed bandits, in the first year of Tinubu's disastrous rule

Their problem is who sat or did not sit at home in the East

93 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Wizardslayer: 4:59am On May 30
The same people that are blocking Biafra freedom and liberation are same set of people shouting free Palestinians and demanding for freedom. Two edge swords.

You can't be subjugating Biafra freedom at home and demanding for Palestinian freedom at the same time.

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Exousiang01(m): 5:04am On May 30
How do you lock people up to give them Freedom.

Interestingly the Biafrans living outside the Eastern region or do I call it Biafran region are the only ones who are free.

IPOB is demanding for freedom by taking away tge freedom of their own people......

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Armaggedon: 5:28am On May 30
Good one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by helinues: 5:57am On May 30
Toh

We wish them Amani oo

62 Likes

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by beerfraud(f): 6:08am On May 30
If WAEC was able to conduct exam today in south east then Bitter Obi’s supporters are toothless bulldogs

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Almaiga: 6:38am On May 30
gidgiddy:
Some people are not bothered that over four thousand people have been killed in North by armed bandits, in the first year of Tinubu's disastrous rule

You forgot to mention that, Fulani bandits have also taking over the EAST. After killing so many people

14 Likes

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by chichar1(f): 7:17am On May 30
Almaiga:

You forgot to mention that, Fulani bandits have also taking over the EAST. After killing so many people
Madman anthem!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by phygo89(m): 7:22am On May 30
Salutamus to our fallen heroes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by chiagozien(m): 7:24am On May 30
Foolish security men, foolish Nigeria government.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by chiagozien(m): 7:28am On May 30
Exousiang01:
How do you lock people up to give them Freedom.

Interestingly the Biafrans living outside the Eastern region or do I call it Biafran region are the only ones who are free.

IPOB is demanding for freedom by taking away tge freedom of their own people......

No they should allow people to come today so that your evil Nigeria government and it soldiers will kill them again.

Check the screenshot below.

Or are you saying Biafrans should not remember their dead?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:38am On May 30
God will help those children in the South East today because of this IPOB issues. You won't hear anything from that Agulu Candidate and that woman Obiageli Ezekwesili she's interesting in National Anthem now than the future of those students .

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by OmotolaDeniro(f): 7:39am On May 30
There was a country indeed!🤔

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Freshtruth(m): 7:52am On May 30
Give us Goodluck Johnathan back we done tire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Exousiang01(m): 8:04am On May 30
chiagozien:
No they should allow people to come today so that your evil Nigeria government and it soldiers will kill them again.

Check the screenshot below.

Or are you saying Biafrans should not remember their dead?

The people wer out going about their business yesterday how many were killed?

Your idea of remembrance is forcefully locking people up?
The same people you claim you are fighting for their freedom?

Even if the children write the exams today the performance rate will drop, because they are writting exams with the fear of eminent attack on the school by IPOB

If your idea of remembrance is locking up people like chicken and preventing your tennagers from moving to the next stage of thier academics, then I say well done.
Your ideas are great. Impeccable timing and planning.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by chiagozien(m): 8:07am On May 30
Exousiang01:

The people wer out going about their business yesterday how many were killed?

Your idea of remembrance is forcefully locking people up?
The same people you claim you are fighting for their freedom?

Even if the children write the exams today the performance rate will drop, because they are writting exams with the fear of eminent attack on the school by IPOB

If your idea of remembrance is locking up people like chicken and preventing your tennagers from moving to the next stage of thier academics, then I say well done.
Your ideas are great. Impeccable timing and planning.
And when did enemies of East start caring for us?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by chiagozien(m): 8:41am On May 30
Exousiang01:

I am an enemy of the east?

When your empty heads cant defend your stupidity you change goal post.
Why did you not defend what i said?

Wetin concern me.
Na una children
Na una people una lock up
Na una economy
Na una stupidity
I should first know why enemies suddenly care so much for East.

Show us where you condemned killing of hundreds of innocent youths in East by your Nigeria soldiers and I will know you're not a hypocrite.

Then I will engage properly

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by BondRiv: 8:49am On May 30
Conquered people.

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by EmperorCaesar(m): 8:49am On May 30
gidgiddy:

The news is about Biafra day but you somehow have to go off topic

When it's about the North, you'll insert Igbo into the discussion

Nairalanders should learn from Quora how to properly respond to posts and stay on the topic

8 Likes

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by EmperorCaesar(m): 8:51am On May 30
Rip to the dead

If they knew this pipe dream wouldn't be actualize even 40+years later, they'd not have chosen to go that way

On the promise of actualization of Biafra, millions have lost their life and my SE people still don't wanna wakeup

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by EMXTAN1(m): 9:12am On May 30
Everyone over there should apply caution.. that's all.. Why these meanence persists and we have a Federal Government raises a lot of questions

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Codepain: 9:12am On May 30
Yf
Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by Iswe: 9:13am On May 30
Head bridge and order popular part of the State are empty this morning

1 Like

Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by callmevirus(m): 9:13am On May 30
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by NaijaCover(m): 9:13am On May 30
Following The Update
Re: Heavy Security, Panic Buying As IPOB Holds Biafra Heroes Day by osuofia2(m): 9:13am On May 30
wink
Customers also besieged banks and Automated Teller Machine points to withdraw cash in order to make purchases and get ready for the day.

A resident, who was seen making quick purchases at Eke Awka Market, in Awka, Grace Acho, who spoke to our correspondent, said, “My brother, when I heard that markets would not open tomorrow, I took permission from the office to rush here to buy some foodstuffs and get ready for tomorrow.

SELF IMPOSED PAINED.
KANU E NO GO BETTER FOR YOU. CHILDREN WILL MISS MATHEMATICS IN WAEC BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police / Alleged Oil Sector Fraud: ‘ Why FG Is Not Charging Diezani, Others Now’ / Buhari And The "Hailing Hailers" - Majeed Dahiru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.