Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,519 members, 7,878,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 05:17 PM

Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday (12441 Views)

Terrorism: FG Invites Gumi For Questioning / Again, FG Invites NLC To Another Meeting Today / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by BondRiv: 8:55am On May 30
Labour should add reverting back to the previous anthem to their list of demands. That should teach these lawbreakers a lesson.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Judolisco(m): 8:55am On May 30
HeadNigga:
This negotiation get end so? Lots of civil servants do nothing at work...lay them off and give them what they are meant to earn in 12 months at a go let them go into farming or any other productive venture. This will have a massive positive impact on the economy. The FG can secure a loan to do this.

Many ideas dey my head but they will never vote for people like me
Toor what about the people sitting down at d legislative houses... What do they really do? The houses should be scrapped as well.. Let's ha3jst one representative from each state

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Coronavirus84: 8:57am On May 30
Last last na 70k labour go negotiate, Lagos state announced 70k to test run the reaction of the civil servants earlier.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by superCleanworks(m): 9:00am On May 30
delkuf:
lolzzz. Una won reduce am again. Sabi na 3k before
Na government magic
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by superCleanworks(m): 9:02am On May 30
BondRiv:
Labour should add reverting back to the previous anthem to their list of demands. That should teach these lawbreakers a lesson.

Leave anthem let them change it 50 times. Na money Nigerians need.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:04am On May 30
Jokerman:
Very wicked crazy demonic dumb government.

You have money and billions to spend on yourself but cant do minimum wage of at least 100k to workers.

Morocco pays ₦1.4m monthly minimum wage to teachers, not talking of doctors, engineers etc..

Who made you giant of Africa, rather you are a gnat, until you begin to do the right things ,O Nigeria
I wonder O...

PBAT now listen carefully, going by the the submission above, Nigeria your country is the ANT of Africa! period!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by fortunejum: 9:04am On May 30
HeadNigga:
This negotiation get end so? Lots of civil servants do nothing at work...lay them off and give them what they are meant to earn in 12 months at a go let them go into farming or any other productive venture. This will have a massive positive impact on the economy. The FG can secure a loan to do this.

Was it not the same govt that saw the need and employed them.?
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by IfnobeGod20: 9:09am On May 30
If it is a policy that will inflict injury on the people, the FG will quickly with the speed of light implement it.
That of the Labour Union, there's nothing organized about them any more,they are bunch of unserious set.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:11am On May 30
Jocdon:
Labour you are speaking for yourself and not mine yet, when you start speaking for me i will know, because for me anything less than ( one million naira ) i no de take. Those criminals in aso rock are evil minded people they want to kill all nigerians with hunger but God no go gree.
Don't mind them

They won't stop now until the masses give them the French Revolution treatment where leaders were eaten alive by poor masses after been thrown from a high building through the windows.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:13am On May 30
Sheuns:

How did PDP keep the exchange rate below 200 naira for 16 years and inflation was much lower than we have now?

Don’t let these politicians keep selling this bullshit of defending dollars to you.

APC is incompetent and they messed up this country and the economy.
Very incompetent and they are not interested in doing anything to improve the situation

If you ask me that's witchcraft
And Bible says suffer not a witch to live
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by telleyway: 9:33am On May 30
theophorus:
Una dey ask for increase Salary but forget say Purchasing power dey reduce continously due to Inflation.

Instead make dem ask for Price control and think of better interventions dem dey think of how to go on Strike because dem no like who be the current NG Leader but laslas we all go learn.

There will be nothing like price control in this country because federal government didn't put anything in place to exercise price control. Imagine present just announced removal of fuel subsidy and exchange rate on his first day in office without any any plan to couching the effect.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by vroom(m): 9:41am On May 30
Sheuns:
What we actually need isn’t more Naira, it’s purchasing power of the Naira to be stronger than we have now.

50 Naira is almost useless. A satchet of pure water is 30 Naira or so. A bottle of water is 200 Naira.

Even if the minimum wage is increased to 1M Naira it still won’t be enough.

Government must do something about reducing inflation.

In as much as we cannot address stable power supply that can guarantee local production, we will continue to enmeshed in this mess
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by DECLAN2015(m): 9:42am On May 30
theophorus:
Una dey ask for increase Salary but forget say Purchasing power dey reduce continously due to Inflation.

Instead make dem ask for Price control and think of better interventions dem dey think of how to go on Strike because dem no like who be the current NG Leader but laslas we all go learn.

And u think u are making sence
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by vroom(m): 9:43am On May 30
HeadNigga:

In as much as this ur idea is a good one, perhaps if insecurity still strive and power sector is no well addressed, these same people will become burden to the society in less than 5years

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by vroom(m): 9:45am On May 30
[quote author=Franking post=130211624]A country that prefers religious pilgrims to their economy and well being.[/quotes

So sad indeed
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by IAmHim1: 9:48am On May 30
Cardoso, Minimum Wage Increase is not the answer to Nigeria INFLATION

https://www.nairaland.com/8107351/nigerias-govt-alternative-minimum-wage

This is the elephant in the room and I've tried to explain what Nigeria should do to.get out of her economic mess
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Senprince100: 10:21am On May 30
To add another 3k to the already 60k?
These people are uselessly useless

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by manmade(m): 10:52am On May 30
HeadNigga:

undecided
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Jughead29: 11:00am On May 30
To hell with whoever said NLC should be considerate while those fools in offices keeps living large.

60k is just $40, an hourly pay in most poor countries.

If Angola can pay $125. Labour should not accept anything less than 100k

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by samomoli: 11:01am On May 30
My advice is for workers to tighten their belts why politicians should loosen theirs. Check all the financial bills and policies passed in this present assembly and tell me those ones that are quickly passed. Some fools still supporting these evil government

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by bixton(m): 11:03am On May 30
Jughead29:
To hell with whoever said NLC should be considerate while those fools in offices keeps living large.

60k is just $40, an hourly pay in most poor countries.

If Angola can pay $125. Labour should not accept anything less than 100k

#150K should be the minimum wage.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Yong4ever: 11:20am On May 30
Bobloco:

https://punchng.com/minimum-wage-fg-invites-labour-to-resume-talks-friday/?amp
This government has nothing good to offer,they're just using their useless meetings to buy time, Labour should just shun them.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by HisXLNC1: 12:02pm On May 30
HeadNigga:

1. Of about the 200 million people or so that are Nigerians residing in Nigeria, how many are civil servants?
2. Let's assume (and agree) that your idea is a very good one. Does the FG need to borrow money to do that, after 'saving trillions from remival of subsidy'?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Charly68: 1:29pm On May 30
Cripple the economy for a month and let's see where they will be getting the money to pay their political Appointees . Labour should stop dancing to the unserious shenanigans of this so called wages committee.. .When you downtool lets see how they will run the Govt... Even the president's driver and cook must go on strike ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Akinpresident: 2:38pm On May 30
Why can't elected officers take home minimum wage FG is proposing?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by benjaminlawson(m): 3:34pm On May 30
Madam Minister, you said economic is recovering, then it is the labor that should endure it, while you government appointments are living ostentatiously.
Economy is recovering you people are buying yatch for 5 billion, renovating and building president and vice president office with amount running to billions of naira. Awarding contract at an outrageous price and also awarding 15 trillion contract without competitive bidden and other lay down procedure, according Atiku, and many other financial indiscipline. But want labor to endure until the economy they intensionally ruined recovers.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Goodnews1170(m): 3:46pm On May 30
My brother you have not said anything. If they lay people off, the will reloot the money

quote author=HeadNigga post=130211595]This negotiation get end so? Lots of civil servants do nothing at work...lay them off and give them what they are meant to earn in 12 months at a go let them go into farming or any other productive venture. This will have a massive positive impact on the economy. The FG can secure a loan to do this.

Many ideas dey my head but they will never vote for people like me[/quote]
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Kanixt(m): 4:51pm On May 30
HeadNigga:

What is the population of Nigeria and how many are in government payroll.

Population: 0ver 200
Government workers: less than 4m

So you think if all these 3m government workers were sacked can change the farming systems to feed 200m people.

Sometimes I wonder why people think as such. We are praying for government to employ more graduates and you are here saying negative things.

You need to start getting your national share as soon as ....
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by callmenazarene: 8:41pm On May 30
HeadNigga:

What comes around definitely goes around. Even if you were rusticated from college doesn't enforce you to loose your senses. The salaries when earned would be spent to apprentice like you. Think straight bro. Remember we are in the Same brotherhood.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by omolola12345(m): 2:25am On May 31
Please don't say minimum wage again but living wage.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Invites Labour To Resume Talks Friday by Emzedz: 3:18am On May 31
90 billion for pilgrimage n billions spent on car park of National Assembly..
Yet u tell workers to be considerate..
Shame on all of you..
Agbado economics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ll No Longer Recognise Results Obtained Under Duress – INEC / How Nec, Newly Formed Eac Would Work Together By Vp Osinbajo / FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.