Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,560 members, 7,885,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

My Ordeal With Dhl - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ordeal With Dhl (343 Views)

My Ordeal With My Worker Today. / Send Shipment Or Items With DHL At Affordable Price / My Ordeal With Skrill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With Dhl by siteguy2: 1:16pm On May 30
Mods please help me move to the right section

On the 05/10/2024 I purchased 12 pieces of cloths from Zara.com worth 474.40 EUR and it was boldly written it was free delivery to Nigeria (it’s also not my first time of purchasing)
the item got to Nigeria and i got an email that the items were on the way to me, i waited the whole day but didn’t get my shipment
Then on 05/15/2024 I got an email from dhl that my items were in Nigeria and I will need to pay a duty of #307,520.53

I replied dhl asking why I need to pay that amount just to clear an item worth 474.40 EUR but I didn’t get any response.

On 05/17/2024 I then proceeded to write Zara on twitter stating the issue I was having with dhl, i complained the duty should be a reasonable amount and if it can’t be that Zara should return the items.

Zara said they were investigating and I kept asking for feedback till on 05/21/2024 I decided to just make the payment to save myself the stress and ensure my items gets to me safely.

Then on 05/22/2024 dhl acknowledged my duty payment and it was also recorded on my tracking page and I also got an email notification that the items were on the way to me, I waited till the whole day but didn’t receive anything.

The next day 05/23/2024 I proceeded to dhl office wuse Abuja and I was told they have an order to return the items from Zara (Zara never informed me they have requested for the items to be returned)

Dhl now advised I write to Zara to cancel the return process so they can deliver to me.
There in the dhl office I wrote to Zara to cancel but didn’t get any reply till the next morning at exactly 3:49 AM I got a message from Zara that they have given dhl an order to deliver the items to me.
The next morning 05/24/2024 I went back to dhl office to pick the items but only to be informed the items already left Abuja and on the way back to Zara.

Now the have gotten to Zara and Zara already made refunds same day but the duty I paid to dhl has not been returned.
I have written and called dhl many times and they said I have a very slim chance of getting refunded.

I also contacted Zara and they said I should sort the issue with dhl.

I believe in what nairaland can do and I will appreciate if anyone can assist me get a refund of the duty clearance I made to dhl account.

Ps: I can provide any relevant questions concerning this matter.
Admin please move to front page so I can get people who can help me resolve this. Thanks.

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by siteguy2: 1:20pm On May 30
More screenshots

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by siteguy2: 1:21pm On May 30
My messages with Zara

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by siteguy2: 1:22pm On May 30
More messages from zara

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by joceey(m): 1:23pm On May 30
Dhl no be am at all

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by siteguy2: 1:24pm On May 30
Last message from zara

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by jmoore(m): 1:26pm On May 30
No patience.
Na you put yourself inside fire.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by siteguy2: 1:29pm On May 30
jmoore:
No patience.

Na you put yourself inside fire.

if you check my first complaint to Zara you would noticed I didn’t really ask them to return those items.
I was only contesting the duty which was outrageous but they initiated the return process.
Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by able20(m): 1:38pm On May 30
Our president Mr Tinubu have advised all Nigerians to buy only made in Nigeria goods to help our Naira gain value
Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by ytdivine(m): 1:39pm On May 30
You were too much in haste over the matter. That duty payment is not for DHL but custom. The account you paid the duty money may be custom account making it difficult to retrieve the money.
The best option is to buy the item back and request DHL to use the previous payment for the duty clearance.

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by CodeTemplar: 1:40pm On May 30
If the item hasn't gone to the hands any third party courier on it's way to Zara, you should get it back, otherwise DHL Abuja is messing around. Probably to have you settle them for order already placed within their system.
Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by Sheuns(m): 1:50pm On May 30
You see those guys that process duty fees in DHL office they need to be dealt with.

Someone will just sit somewhere and decide to write a crazy bill and call it duty fee. They won’t give you a breakdown of how the fee came about.

300K duty on a 400Euro shipment is almost 80% or 90% of the value of the item.
Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by FreeStuffsNG: 2:27pm On May 30
siteguy2:

DHL has completed their service by bringing it to Nigeria for you. I am sure that it will still charge Zara for returning the goods.

It's quite unfortunate, in the future, you should be very careful with this kind of things.

I once canceled an order I wanted to make when I first called DHL to give me the cost it will take to reach the final destination. It was so incredibly high that I immediately suspended the idea.
Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by siteguy2: 2:34pm On May 30
FreeStuffsNG:

DHL has completed their service by bringing it to Nigeria for you. I am sure that it will still charge Zara for returning the goods.

It's quite unfortunate, in the future, you should be very careful with this kind of things.

I once canceled an order I wanted to make when I first called DHL to give me the cost it will take to reach the final destination. It was so incredibly high that I immediately suspended the idea.
No, Zara resolved the shipping cost with dhl.
The one I paid wasn’t registered as duty anymore.
When Zara cancels an order you don’t need to pay for anything.
Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by FreeStuffsNG: 2:55pm On May 30
siteguy2:
No, Zara resolved the shipping cost with dhl.
The one I paid wasn’t registered as duty anymore.
When Zara cancels an order you don’t need to pay for anything.
I perfectly understand that Zara will not bill you, that will be unprofessional of Zara since they have approved and accepted your cancelation before the goods got to you.

Zara's resolution with DHL is not your problem but it is usually at a cost once service has been completely delivered cost has been incurred by DHL to return the physical goods back to Zara but that's not your own leg of the issue.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by Chicagograduate(m): 4:05pm On May 30
Are you a child of a politician that you can comfortably pay 300k just to deliver some pieces of cloth to you?Like,in this hard time.
Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by Akposkiz: 12:39am On Jun 01
Hmmm!
Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by dauntless15(m): 1:31am On Jun 01
Chicagograduate:
Are you a child of a politician that you can comfortably pay 300k just to deliver some pieces of cloth to you?Like,in this hard time.
I swear na wetin me sef dey reason over here, when you have too much money you don't know what to do with it you tend to play ludo with it.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Dhl by Akposkiz: 10:24am On Jun 01
Hmmm ! it's well.

(1) (Reply)

A.G.O For Sale Available Trucking / Sfi Mentorship!! / Smallest And Most Powerful Welding Machine....for Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.