Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems (1288 Views)

Nigerians Will Have No Choice Than To Support Tinubu When Campaign Starts -SWAGA / IPOB Bans Nigerian National Anthems In South-East Schools / Adamu Bulkachuwa: If You Want Another War, Nigerian Will Have No Choice (2) (3) (4)

FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by helinues: 1:59pm On May 30
Just a scenario of Super Eagles having a match, how is the old national anthems going to sound, how would the athletes relate to the old national anthems most especially the foreign based?

I have seen reasonable number of foreign people who can sing Arise O compratriot.

The school kids like in kindergarten, they are just learning, and from the few things they have learned which Nigeria national anthems is amongst, they would now be told the initial Arise O compratriot was a jargons?

Even if they want to change the national anthems, how did they pass that bill so quickly that other far more important bills are just lying around in both Senate and HOA.

What we this generation know as our national anthems is Arise O compratriot, how many of those who recited the old national anthems are still alive today compared to those who are used to the new one.

Majority's opinion in this case should carry the vote. We don't want to be watching super eagles and be hearing one payan song. Imagine the confusion that alone would cause globally when we are not a confused country.

Mr President, we are not singing the old national anthems.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by Paraman: 2:02pm On May 30
FG can't unilaterally change it, only the lawmakers can change it

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by helinues: 2:04pm On May 30
Paraman:
FG can't unilaterally change it, only the lawmakers can change it

The same way it was passed, it can still be reversed same hurriedly.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by DMerciful(m): 2:18pm On May 30
The old anthem is actually better.
The lyrics and melody are better.

Next is to return to the 1963 constitution!
helinues:
Just a scenario of Super Eagles having a match, how is the old national anthems going to sound, how would the athletes relate to the old national anthems most especially the foreign based?

I have seen reasonable number of foreign people who can sing Arise O compratriot.

The school kids like in kindergarten, they are just learning, and from the few things they have learned which Nigeria national anthems is amongst, they would now be told the initial Arise O compratriot was a jargons?

Even if they want to change the national anthems, how did they pass that bill so quickly that other far more important bills are just lying around in both Senate and HOA.

What we this generation know as our national anthems is Arise O compratriot, how many of those who recited the old national anthems are still alive today compared to those who are used to the new one.

Majority's opinion in this case should carry the vote. We don't want to be watching super eagles and be hearing one payan song. Imagine the confusion that alone would cause globally when we are not a confused country.

Mr President, we are not singing the old national anthems.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by helinues: 2:20pm On May 30
DMerciful:

Una go sing it alone

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by DMerciful(m): 2:21pm On May 30
I'm already learning it using YouTube even though I'm away.
helinues:

Una go sing it alone

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by helinues: 2:24pm On May 30
DMerciful:
I'm already learning it using YouTube even though I'm away.

This is actually a pekelemess.

We are re adopting an old national anthems written by our colonial enslavers over the new national anthems written by a Nigerian.

May be we should kuku return back to the colonial rule then

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by DeLaRue: 2:26pm On May 30
Man, leave this matter.

Saying federal government 'will have no choice than to' reverse the law is ridiculous.

Kids are already learning the new anthem in school from today.

If you don't like it don't sing it. You can even continue to recite the old one, no one can arrest you for it.

Majority of people up and down the country don't care about which anthem is sung.

Quit overreacting and having a misplaced sense of entitlement to demand federal government changes a law because you don't like it.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by DMerciful(m): 2:27pm On May 30
Well, we kept our colonial name when others changed theirs so
helinues:

We are re adopting an old national anthems written by our colonial enslavers over the new national anthems written by a Nigerian.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by DeLaRue: 2:35pm On May 30
DMerciful:
Well, we kept our colonial name when others changed theirs so

Abi o.

Lagos, Port Harcourt etc are foreign names. We use English, a foreign language. Virtually everything we use is foreign. Tens of thousands of Nigerians queue at foreign embassies every day for visa to foreign countries.

Even the former anthem, I , and I am sure millions of other adults, couldn't recite it correctly. Many will not bother to start learning the new one. Others will learn it. It's all ok

Anthems are a colonial left over anyway.

There are more important things to worry about.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by Justiceganduje: 3:27pm On May 30
helinues:

Another day wasted too? For how long will this nonsense continue?

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by lionshare: 3:41pm On May 30
This is a done deal!
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by Mynd44: 3:53pm On May 30
helinues:

This is false. The old anthem was not written by our colonial masters. It was written by a white woman, yes but she was in the employment of the FG as a civil servant. The FG threw a competition open and her anthem won.

Anyone could have won it.

As for the thread, the anthem will be recorded and sent to every agency, and sports federation Nigeria is not the first country to change anthems

PS: I am not in support of the change as I think it is needless but the points raised in this thread are not valid

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by helinues: 4:04pm On May 30
Mynd44:

This is false. The old anthem was not written by our colonial masters. It was written by a white woman, yes but she was in the employment of the FG as a civil servant. The FG threw a competition open and her anthem won.

Anyone could have won it.

As for the thread, the anthem will be recorded and sent to every agency, and sports federation Nigeria is not the first country to change anthems

PS: I am not in support of the change as I think it is needless but the points raised in this thread are not valid

500 Nigerians participated in that same contest, the person who write and compose are not even Nigerians

Meanwhile, just saw this tweet on Yahoo news which sounds almost the same with what I relayed above

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by Mynd44: 4:11pm On May 30
helinues:

500 Nigerians participated in that same context, the person who write and compose are not even Nigerians

Meanwhile, just saw this tweet on Yahoo news which sounds almost the same with what I relayed above
What you relayed is false.

I know enough not to believe everything I see on the internet

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by helinues: 4:28pm On May 30
Mynd44:

What you relayed is false.

I know enough not to believe everything I see on the internet

How many Nigerians participated in the contest? How many foreigners?

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by opamoses1: 4:29pm On May 30
It's has been passed into law. Only the Senate and HOR can reverse it.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by GeneralPula: 4:37pm On May 30
Funny enough, I con like this new National Anthem o..

Tho I don’t like the fact that they changed the anthem..
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by Ofunaofu: 4:38pm On May 30
helinues:

Una go sing it alone

Toh!
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by EnEnPeecee: 4:43pm On May 30
By 🔥 by force una must get sense
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by CodeTemplar: 5:25pm On May 30
Idiotically pretending to disagree on trivial issues so as not to look like the one-way bigot he is. Nonsense.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by Justiceganduje: 6:07pm On May 30
helinues:

Do you want to participate in the contest? Hurry up ok.

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by AcadaWriter: 6:12pm On May 30
This is a done deal!
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by LordIsaac(m): 6:26pm On May 30
Many of the clothes we wear are produced by imperialists. When would we also renounce the use of English? I pray some people receive sense. Stop the herd mentality today!

Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by BondRiv: 6:49pm On May 30
I agree with you. Only the first line in the previous anthem is more patriotic than everything in this new one. This current one was even written by a foreigner (British woman), as opposed to the one written by Nigerians. The change was simply colonial mentality at work and preferring anything foreign. Tomorrow they will be preaching buy made in Nigeria goods. Very unpatriotic lawmakers.

I'm not reciting this new anthem, until they revert to the previous one. "Arise, O Compatriots," remains my national anthem. Nothing more patriotic than it.
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by alanto: 7:23pm On May 30
We didn't bring 'Arise O Compatriots" from heaven I was adopted one day and we all know it. If Portable release a new music we will not need anybody to teach us before we learn it. I agree that this old anthem can harmonize Nigerians because of the lyrics. What is "Arise o Compatriots" to "Nigeria we hail thee"
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by LandMann: 7:59pm On May 30
helinues:

Your one and only duty on Nairaland has been to defend the incompetent Tinubu government that has brought nothing but hardship and suffering upon Nigerians. Why are you deviating?
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by maysimsimple(m): 2:25pm On May 31
Also revert back to our old police uniform and kondo in their hand not guns anymore. Awon oniranu

quote author=DMerciful post=130218349]The old anthem is actually better.

Next is to return to the 1963 constitution![/quote]
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by baralatie(m): 2:29pm On May 31
DMerciful:

What a grand motive
Re: FG Would Have No Choice Than To Reverse The New National Anthems by Whalis: 3:05pm On May 31
Guy just pick out a line and fly it in the north that it is Christian or church song. They will do the remaining job for you.
For me the rhythm of that song sounds Catholic. No wonder they said it was written by a British Missionary.

Are Your Hands Clean ? When It Comes To Corruption? / Justification For Secession / New Rules And Regulations For The New Regime