Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,100 members, 7,973,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:07 AM

They Don’t Want Their Child To Marry Outside Their Church - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Don’t Want Their Child To Marry Outside Their Church (254 Views)

Couple Discovered They Are Not The Owner Of Their Child After 5 Years. / Married Woman Disrupts Husband Secret Wedding, Brings Their Child To The Altar / Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Don’t Want Their Child To Marry Outside Their Church by AgbaJohnDoe: 8:06pm On May 30
The advise that I'll give you should also extend to your brother too.

And it's going to be a tough one but you need to listen & I hope it works.

If you no longer live with your parents (same as your brother), stop going to visit them & stop calling them.

Let him live with your mother in peace.

Re: They Don’t Want Their Child To Marry Outside Their Church by AgbaJohnDoe: 8:07pm On May 30
While I agree that parent's blessings are important for marriage, your parents should not blackmail you and your brother with it.

It's okay if you find someone from their church to marry, but it has to be when you're convinced about the woman.

If you cannot find one, then you and your brother should "punish" your parents by not giving them any grandchildren.

If they call you to ask why you're not coming home to see them, tell them that they are frustrating your life & you've decided not to disrespect them by giving them their desired space & peace.

If they're truly your parents, then let's see how they'll feel by the time they don't see or your brother for a year.

Tell your parents that you don't find a spouse in the church, but you find a church in your spouse.

And tell them that if they force you to marry a woman against your will, that you'll divorce her & remain unhappy for the rest of your life.

Religious alignment is good for marriage, but you must find your wife by yourself.

I've an idea of the denomination your parents belong to, & it's very typical of them.

Lastly, ask your brother to go and apologize to your father for uttering such disrespectful words to him.

But he should tell him that he'll not accept arranged marriage just because he wants to please them.

Do as I have advised & your father may have a change of heart.

End.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Met Or Know These Couples? / Create An Outstanding Future For Your Family / Who Are Your Patents' Caregivers? - Sun Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.