Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,470 members, 7,971,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:30 PM

Breath Of Life: A Review By Deji Yesufu - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Breath Of Life: A Review By Deji Yesufu (16487 Views)

BBNaija: Chichi And Deji Get Intimate Under The Duvet (Photos, Video) / BBNaija: Chi Chi Gives Deji A Lap Dance / Deji And Modella Are Fake Bbnaija Season 7 Housemates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Breath Of Life: A Review By Deji Yesufu by NNTR: 6:43pm On Jun 16
VBCampaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgRYWeEyaYE?si=nal57Ef4CK8DHJSR

“Breath of Life”: A Review by Deji Yesufu

... in summary the story line was original and very moving. It was a captivating story. Having established the positives, I move to a few negative and this would explain the reason I am giving the movie a generally low grading – see the final paragraphs for the movie’s score.

... My first criticism of the movie is the simplistic ending that was provided to it. Whoever wrote the story line of Anna (Umeh) coming into the room of Elijah (Imo) did an excellent job. That situation triggering his asthma and then leading him into the hospital was well thought out. I however do not think that it is realistic for a hardened atheist (Timi) to suddenly give up his philosophy of life and then lay down his life for another to live. It is something a Christian may do; but I do not see a hardened atheist doing such. That line was rather simplistic. I think if the screenwriters had taken their time, they would have successfully provided a link between the young man’s health challenge and recovery without employing those simplistic lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlpunOUxYSo
Tyler Perry’s Acrimony (2018 Movie) Official Trailer
– actress Taraji P. Henson

'Breath Of Life' is a nice movie, it has its fair share of mushy scenes. Gave me teary eyes, each time Timi was having his grieving and agonising moments.

This life sha, but nahin (i.e. the young Timi, real name Ademola Adedoyin) cause am nah, had nothing at all to do with God, and so was wrong for the older Timi (i.e. real name Wale Ojo, the main star of the movie) to have been blaming God for his error of judgment and fatal miscalculations.

Timi knew he'll be snitching, so wisdom, if he had listened, would have told him to shift his missus and daughter and move them to a safe place like Lagos, to be done well in advance, and in the time but not after the court judgment that he was doing

I am of the mind, that how his family was kpai was limp and lacklustre. Even the way, young Timi was tied up and tortured, didnt invoke a sense of the use of the imagination with plot.

Anna, (i.e. real name Genoveva Umeh) hmm, good acting skills, good figure, fair share of skimpy dresses, confident in her own skin enough to go swimming in the river. Wasnt sure of the reason for the nude silhouette portrait on the wall though. She's the feisty heroine in the movie, she stood up for herself to almost everyone in the movie, mum, dad, older Timi, even Elijah. Elijah would have been a goner, if not for God and her

Elijah (i.e. Chimezie Imo) really isnt a young new discovery, as the fella has been sharpening his craft as far back as 2018. Elijah, just makes me laugh, any small thing triggers his 'asthma' and you'll see him hyperventilate then fiam, see him pull out his inhaler

Bodi nobi firewood, pastor too wan go heaven, pastor too wan reach cloud nine. Was just a matter of time before the brief kisses, even Timi had set the stage, by questioning whats wrong kissing and all, especially if both parties know they are going to be an item for life et cetera.

I am trying to be impartial as possible and so dont really want to put a downer of the movie but has to be said that the trailers overhyped the movie. Put it this way, sensationalism trailers.

'Breath Of Life', lessons to be learned from watching the movie are:
1. Think everything through all over and all over again, before taking decisions
2. There is the principle of causality to contend with
3. God is omni-in-control (i.e. never out of control, never lose control)
4. The stool always stays behind at home for the bum to come sit on it (i.e. older Timi, soon realised this and duly made his comeback to God)
5. The movie 'Breath Of Life', reminds me of Zacchaeus and the tree planted well in advance to be put into use by Zacchaeus in his time of desperate need.
6. Know (i.e. with great confidence) that God (i.e. who is deeply concerned about us) causes all things to work together (i.e. as a plan) for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose (i.e. The N49M, the return back to God of Timi, the prodigal son, then the giving up of lungs and et cetera)
7. Every storm is not a test from God. Some tests are from the choices we make

'Breath Of Life' movie is in a league of its own, so I wouldnt necessarily want to rate it with a same standard of rating the movie 'Acrimony' by Tyler Perry, so while as for Acrimony, I'll score it 97%, I'll score 'Breath Of Life' with 61%.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija: Why I Nominated Saskay, Yousef For Eviction – Queen / Oscars 2024: Full List Of Winners / La Mujer De Mi Vida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.