Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,998 members, 7,980,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 05:30 PM

Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit (488 Views)

Palliative: Officials Distribute 3 Cups Of Rice With ₦1,000 In Kogi (Video) / Inside Kogi IDPs Camps: Flood Victims Turn Beggars, Share Cups Of Rice (Photos) / Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by NiRfreak(m): 10:55pm On May 30
I met two guys at the shop where I had gone to buy something this night, then one of them confidently said "Abeg gimne two cups of garri on credit" I will come and pay you later... Yea he sounded confident but I knew deep down he was probably uncomfortable in that instance, just trying to save face.
immediately I heard it my heart sank....the seller now said its #250

I just turned my back at them feeling sorry about their situation and being too ashamed to identify them or look them in the face so as not to make them feel embarrassed. I don't know why I did that on impulse, maybe it's empathy......After they were gone, I bought my item and left. I hope people who can comfortably feed aren't taking it for granted and unreasonably acting proud or unkindly to people

The truth is. this economy is really biting really hard on the masses, people are just struggling, dejected and just hanging by a thread. I hope the heartless man at the helm of affairs find something to do about it really quick. People are buying cups of garri on credit. And this is Abuja. Crazy. This country is finished. And anyone in support of this regime happy or hailing this usurper despite this austerity probably serves a demon and has no conscience.

1 Like

Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by yyba: 11:23pm On May 30
You went to buy GARI why are you ashamed of saying it, what is you went to buy something
NiRfreak:
I met two guys at the shop where I had gone to buy something this night, then one of them confidently said "Abeg gimne two cups of garri on credit" I will come and pay you later... Yea he sounded confident but I knew deep down he was probably uncomfortable in that instance, just trying to save face.

I just turned my back at them feeling sorry about their situation and being too ashamed to identify them or look them in the face so as not to make them feel embarrassed. I don't know why I did that on impulse, maybe it's empathy......After they were gone, I bought my item and left. I hope people who can comfortably feed aren't taking it for granted and unreasonably acting proud or unkindly to people

The truth is. this economy is really biting really hard on the masses, people are just struggling, dejected and just hanging by a thread. I hope the heartless man at the helm of affairs find something to do about it really quick. People are buying cups of garri on credit. And this is Abuja. Crazy. This country is finished. And anyone in support of this regime happy or hailing this usurper despite this austerity probably serves a demon and has no conscience.
Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:46pm On May 30
yyba:
You went to buy GARI why are you ashamed of saying it, what is you went to buy something
is buying garri something to be ashamed of ?

4 Likes

Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by yyba: 12:01am On May 31
MASTAkiLLAh:
ais buying garri something to be ashamed of ?
why hiding it mteeeew
Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:20am On May 31
yyba:
why hiding it mteeeew
oya, no vex
Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by Chinjo2: 7:08am On May 31
NiRfreak:

You didn't do the right thing.
If you had the means, you should have bought at least a paint rubber for them or offer to pay for the garri they bought.

Well this is a lesson to Edo electorates.
Vote wisely.
Vote for the best candidate.

Obaseki is trying his best to cushion the effect of APC maladministration by paying the highest minimum wage in the country.
Make una use una brain.
Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by NiRfreak(m): 7:43am On May 31
Chinjo2:

You didn't do the right thing.
If you had the means, you should have bought at least a paint rubber for them or offer to pay for the garri they bought.

Well this is a lesson to Edo electorates.
Vote wisely.
Vote for the best candidate.

Obaseki is trying his best to cushion the effect of APC maladministration by paying the highest minimum wage in the country.
Make una use una brain.
Maybe you are right, but I was just with cash only enough to buy my stuff....but the thought of their predicament gripped my heart......for a guy not less than 30 to beg for two cups of garri on credit..... God have mercy on this land..for we are in famine
Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by LadyRosa2(f): 8:30am On May 31
Watch how bats- tards will come to rubbish your write -up. I can see one already. Deviating so as to render your story useless.
Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by StarRiderr: 12:30pm On May 31
Omo people are dieing of hunger in this country currently now oo that's how one woman came knocking on my door I asked my wife to check who the person was to my greatest surprise the woman came begging for food oo from people she don't know from Adam my wife was touched she now gave her the 6 remaining indomie that's left if things continue like this till December people will start eating their children just like in the bible days nowadays small children don't see stealing and scamming as a crime anymore it's now normal way of living in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Economy Biting Hard: A Middle Aged Guy Just Bought Two Cups Of Garri On Credit by NiRfreak(m): 11:17pm On May 31
LadyRosa2:
Watch how bats- tards will come to rubbish your write -up. I can see one already. Deviating so as to render your story useless.

They won't come and say rubbish cos that's their reality even though they still come to support their slave master

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Sing / Lyrics Of New National Anthem 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' (video) / Joe Biden threat followed by assassination attempt on Donald Trump / Minimum Wage In Dollars Comparison By Different President (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.