Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,855 members, 7,915,462 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:43 AM

Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary (49543 Views)

₦1,532 To ₦1,561: Naira Depreciates Massively Against Dollar In A Single Day / Naira Crashes Further Against Dollar Ahead Of Eid El-kabir / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:05pm On May 31
Shameless goats!!.... Subsidy is gone kee una for there!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by adenigga(m): 12:08pm On May 31
Nackzy:
Nigeria is a scam
Confirmed, my brother!.......

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Solofresh2: 12:15pm On May 31
femi4:
Deliberate? So it doesn't happen at any other day

Abi you don't know the meaning of "Deliberate"
Oga they are playing games with it.It is called business
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by StraightGaay: 12:29pm On May 31
thesicilian:

Their own is not even update per se. They only report when things are not going well
Good thing you know things are not going well.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by kambili999(f): 12:31pm On May 31
Anniversary give away is over

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by ShoeGetSize: 12:37pm On May 31
Are you afraid of the truth?

God1000:
Why the daily update on the currency fluctuation?

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Kaiser20: 12:41pm On May 31
Reno Omokri has pleaded with Nigerians to be Patient with Oga Tinubu.
Tinubu will unveil His biggest Economic strategy during His 2nd tenure as President in 2027.
The Naira will appreciate to #800 to the Dollar
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by chima47(m): 12:41pm On May 31
God1000:
Why the daily update on the currency fluctuation?
Very good question
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by NothingDoMe: 12:46pm On May 31
The development comes as the turnover of foreign exchange transactions dropped to $235.41 million on Thursday from $328 million on Tuesday
See why raising MPR does does not boost investor confidence when the rate of currency devalution exceeds the MPR?

CC SmartyPants.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:48pm On May 31
thesicilian:

Alright I accept.
I'll keep reporting good news while you keep reporting bad news.

Ok let's see how many good things you can report , don't go sleeping out of boredomnes waiting for good news....

If we can brag that we started construction on a road , imaging what we will do after the project is finished ...lols

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by BigBashiru: 12:53pm On May 31
NaijaCowFarm:
T - is for Truly
I - is for Ineffectual
N - is for Nonentity
U - is for Usurper
B - is for Buffon
U - is for Unleashed

95% of Nigerians are similar so no difference.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by michealewela: 12:54pm On May 31
THilfiger:
Abeg i,

Make we hear word.

Why also comparing naira to US dollars as if they are mate's.

Even in 1997 when i was in SS 2 100 dollars that I charged to naira gave me 10,000 naira.
Is now 150,000 naira..

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by alt3r3g0: 12:55pm On May 31
As long as customs did not adjust their rate downwards, you can tell that the reduction was cosmetic
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by SmartyPants(m): 1:07pm On May 31
NothingDoMe:
See why raising MPR does does not boost investor confidence when the rate of currency devalution exceeds the MPR?

CC SmartyPants.

When last was the rate of devaluation up to the MPR not to talk of exceeding it? Taking 1500 as a benchmark, has Naira devalued by up to 10% at any point since March?

The MPR is well above any current and projected devaluation which at its worst will not swing by more than 20% from 1500. Investors who enter at 1500 or lower know that they are safe.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by seunayantokun(m): 1:13pm On May 31
The naira can only be fixed with production starting with agriculture. Therefore, prioritise the issue of state and local council policing, do it quickly if you are serious. Once that happens, confidence will be restored; everyone will feel it immediately; and production will massively start again.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by wink2015(m): 1:13pm On May 31
Agriculture should be prioritize by the Federal, State and Local Government in Nigeria for more revenue and to help stabilize the falling Nigerian naira.

The private sectors should be encouraged to invest more on Agriculture.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by OredoPikin: 1:21pm On May 31
thesicilian:

Their own is not even update per se. They only report when things are not going well
Please can u mention anything that has gone well under APC?

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by PepeXKermit: 1:27pm On May 31
lexy2014:

pls explain how.

must everyone earn in dollars?

I dont need to explain sheet. Those who get it, get it.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by godofuck231: 1:30pm On May 31
You can't expect thieves to run an economy , its double jeopardy
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Rejouir: 1:31pm On May 31
this tinubu is just a waste of 8 years, it's a waste of hope within 8 years. I am telling you. It's best you seek for alternatives to progress.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Taich(m): 1:39pm On May 31
OKOATA:
Has prices of goods and commodities come down? Celebrating naira/dollar rise and fall like person wey dey shout up NEPA. Alaye nobody gives a hoot whether dollar or naira falls. As long as prices of things are the same your naira/dollar holds no value.

From what you wrote, it is evident that you are a blessed intellect whom have have chosen his own part. It is no longer about right or wrong in Nigerian society but about tribe and affiliation. For instant the rise of dollar will cost you more to replace your phone which I know you know but you choose not to acknowledge that publicly.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Evans20: 1:43pm On May 31
There was a time naira was more than dollars but see what is happening
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Okechinwadike: 1:55pm On May 31
0001Lagos:
Shameless government, see the nonsense they are celebrating..

What a useless and foolish sets of people we have today in government.

How much is bag of garri and rice in the market today ?

Tinubu is worse than buhari obviously
if those brainwashed urchins known as agbadorians hear that from you, haaa they will crucify you for saying the truth. the fools see it that if you don't support the useless government you hate tinubu or you are peter obi brother

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by lexy2014: 1:58pm On May 31
PepeXKermit:

I dont need to explain sheet. Those who get it, get it.

PepeXKermit:
Anybody in nigeria not earning in dollars now is setting themselves up for failure

what does the highlighted mean?
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Ashirioluwa: 2:12pm On May 31
Another lies from our government. The western union rate since the beginning of this week is $1 to 1485 naira.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by eepeepook: 2:12pm On May 31
Report the rises too. I don’t want to hear only slumps.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Omodua(m): 2:21pm On May 31
Legitz:
Tinubu 8 years no shaking
What did you say? I didn't hear you well!

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Moniya4Real(m): 2:21pm On May 31
is this relevant to the topic?
deathtoLeo:
yeroba Muslim the hamas sympathizer
God bless Isreal
hiohiohiohiohio
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by BreconHills(m): 2:25pm On May 31
0001Lagos:
Shameless government, see the nonsense they are celebrating..

What a useless and foolish sets of people we have today in government.

How much is bag of garri and rice in the market today ?

Tinubu is worse than buhari obviously

Did you even read what was written? You aren't a very sharp knife are you?.
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by AmericanIdiot(m): 2:28pm On May 31
E no go better for tinubu

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by AmericanIdiot(m): 2:30pm On May 31
Nackzy:
Nigeria is a scam

I no know when shame go dey begin catch us for this country sef …
Still struggling with ordinary electricity generation when ordinary benin republic here dey get 24hrs light now🥲❗️
Re: Naira Crashes Massively Against Dollar 24 Hours After Tinubu’s Anniversary by Goldbw122(m): 2:30pm On May 31
Don't worry we will go forward is just a matter of time..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kids For Sale: Man Puts His Sperm Up For Sale For $40 Per Bag (Photo) / Onitsha New Shoprite..my Dope Swagg Pictures There..me And My Siblings.. / Aliko Dangote Vows To Takeover Arsenal In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.