Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,571 members, 7,914,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:24 AM

Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi (22448 Views)

Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi / 2023 Presidency: Politicians Should Have Retirement Age, Says Umahi / South-East Killings: We Are Hiding Our Faces In Shame, Says Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by Dapromzy333(m): 10:38am On May 31
David Umahi, the Minister of Works, has stated that most of the people he helped to power in the 2023 general elections now ignores him.

Speaking to journalists in Abakaliki on Thursday, Mr Umahi stated that even National Assembly members he helped to elect were among those who now shun him, adding that they were not troubled by their actions.

“Only Chief Onyekachi Nwebonyi will openly acknowledge that I am his father and boss,” said Mr Umahi. “The others feel that by doing so, the state governor, my successor, will be angry with them.”

“The governor cannot do that because he too openly acknowledges that I was instrumental to his emergence,” he added.

He said the development stopped him from having political godsons and instead opted for political friends,
News360 Nigeria gathered.

“I will fight anybody who makes trouble with the governor because he deserves our respect.

“I have done my bit, have left the stage and have to respect myself,” he said.

Mr Umahi said there were usually crises between predecessors and successors, adding that “I am, however, not available for such because I have been so blessed in life by God.

“There are always pathways to successes and failures, and when you dig for someone to fail, you have already failed.”

The minister vowed to stick with Governor Francis Nwifuru for eight years and thanked God for giving the governor the grace to unite all leaders of the state.

“The issue of the leaders staying together for long is not our business but I have known the governor for 16 years and will continue to support him.

“I will never regret making him my successor as he, alongside few others, stood with me during the hard decision of defecting to the APC,”
he said.

The minister said it was rare to hand over to a successor and still be continually honoured by him, stating, “That is the handwork of God, and I am grateful to him and the governor.”
(NAN)
https://news360ng.com/am-being-ignored-by-most-of-my-loyalist-whom-i-helped-to-power-david-umahi/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by chigator2: 10:43am On May 31
O set'igo

Don't worry, kiss some more oluwole ass, that thing dey turn dem on. Maybe they will dash you political children.

But mind you, their support expires when you run for presidency. grin grin

70 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by richiemcgold: 10:44am On May 31

He is silently coveting that godfather title.
grin grin grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by RealLordZeus(m): 10:44am On May 31
I have done my bit, have left the stage and have to respect myself,” he said.
His Excellency, Nyesom Wike left the group chat

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by Day169: 10:50am On May 31
These words are laudable and befitting of a statesman. 👌🏾

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by kettykin: 10:53am On May 31
This is what happens to people when they deviate, what do you expect from them , to deviate with you like zombies.

Shout out to ebonyi igbos, they will not follow you like zombies to your destruction.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by junketer(m): 10:55am On May 31
Does umahi use the ebonyi airport when he travels from Abuja or still Enugu airport?

49 Likes

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by Dalohad: 10:58am On May 31
chigator2:
O set'igo

Don't worry, kiss some more oluwole ass, that thing dey turn dem on. Maybe they will dash you political children.

cheesy grin

You sabi my yoruba well. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by theophorus(m): 11:15am On May 31
Wike says Hi.

But Bros Umahi, you suppose know say na when people need your help dem dey remember you but once you help dem finish like this, dem fit bullshit you.

So if help, no expect anything/loyalty, just do your own and go.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by id4sho(m): 11:16am On May 31
Small boy go soon flog this elder shocked. Umahi should rather be grateful that he's not been probed and dragged around. What else does he want undecided, criminals feeling like mini gods.
Because it worked for Tinubu doesn't mean it will work for you 💯

3 Likes

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:16am On May 31
The sickening level of betrayal in politics is mind blowing
Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by ATLANTIC01: 11:16am On May 31
Your reward is in heaven
Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by Antoeni(m): 11:16am On May 31
The Honorable Minister of Lagos / Calabar Yahoo Coaster Highway Project

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by bentenny(m): 11:16am On May 31
Nonsense
This senseless godfatherism tact should stop!
Imagine what is happening at rivers state could have been avoided!

7 Likes

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by triple996(m): 11:16am On May 31
Dh
Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by emmabest2000(m): 11:17am On May 31
Crying time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by RepoMan007: 11:17am On May 31
Perfectly normal. Don't tell me you nee urgent 2k from him(Nwifuru) it has to be something that puts a stop to his reign and the man knows the state is looking up to him so drops all political burden parading as godfathers.
Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:17am On May 31
kettykin:
This is what happens to people when they deviate, what do you expect from them , to deviate with you like zombies.

Shout out to ebonyi igbos, they will not follow you like zombies to your destruction.
What has Umahi done that shows he has deviated?

1 Like

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by emmanuelbrown26: 11:17am On May 31
Umahi should understand that east is not west whereby one idiot will be dictating to people what goes around..
East na simply do ur own and leave d stage while west na keep enslaving till u die

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by Kingpele(m): 11:17am On May 31
Power is transient... umahi should asa matter of urgency advise his fellow minister wike to respect the office of a governor of rivers state because his time as governor has past

4 Likes

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by NaijaCowFarm: 11:17am On May 31
Umahi, respect is RECIPROCAL!

Where are those that helped you, did you not abandon them?

8 Likes

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by JohnieWalker12(m): 11:17am On May 31
Umahi dey feel too important for Nigeria. Agbado slave

2 Likes

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by bigovo: 11:18am On May 31
This type of thing happens a lot in life
You should now people seek help in need and leave when all is right

1 Like

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by bhella10: 11:18am On May 31
Such disloyalty is rife where chest beating is abundance in their DNA 🧬
Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by emmanuelbrown26: 11:19am On May 31
chigator2:
O set'igo

Lolssss. That one no no. Mak en go ask others how Dey bi. Dem go dig story
Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by ItisWell22(f): 11:19am On May 31
At least, they are not insulting you or running smear campaign against you.

Which do you prefer? 😢

1 Like

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by franchasofficia: 11:21am On May 31
Wahala wahala cheesy shocked grin

Wike and Umahi are senseless Tinubu wannabes who didn't study where they came from before embarking on copying Tinubu's Lagos godfatherism journey in their states

Igbos and Niger Delta are not Yoruba cowards. Yorubas are a Siamese of Hausa-Fulanis when it comes to politics, they follow political figure even if he is a criminal so long as he is rich and ruthless, they will bow down for him forever shocked shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by GreenxGreen: 11:21am On May 31
grin
STF up !!!

The same way that you were avoiding the ordinary citizens of your state that voted you
into power ( When you were Governor )

4 Likes

Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by GODPUNISHALABI: 11:21am On May 31
grin
Re: Nwifuru: People I Helped To Power Now Avoid Me - Says Umahi by Military0001: 11:21am On May 31
You have done your bit, move on Mr. Umahi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Burn Boko Haram Base, Kill 3 Terrorists, Recover Weapons (Photos) / President Buhari Makes Fresh Appointments In AMCON, NDIC / Yahaya Bello Hails His Aide And Youngest Appointtee In Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.