Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,180 members, 7,880,679 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:59 AM

I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead (187 Views)

My Fellow Igbos, Remember Our War Dead On 30th May / Niger Coup: ‘This Is Not Our War' – Orji Kalu Warns President Tinubu (Video) / Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by gidgiddy: 10:59am On May 31
Igbo bu Igbo, Ka Chukwu gozie unu

I want to thank my fellow Igbos for taking out yesterday to honour and remember our war dead. All the lenght and breath of Igbo land was completely shut down, except for essential services, as we stayed at home to remember the millions we lost. It was largely peaceful except for a skirmish that occured in Aba

We lost millions of our brethren in a fruitless war to uphold a failed British colonial legacy called "one Nigeria", which since proven to be a disaster

Be that as it may, we must thank God in all situations. Nobody will live forever, we will all one day join our war dead in the hereafter. But while we are still here, we shall honour them

I thank you all for making our remembrance day a resounding success

Ekene, ekene

1 Like

Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by StOla: 10:59am On May 31
You honoured them with terrorism and deaths?

Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by Chinkoalhaji34: 11:14am On May 31
o! Igbo kwenu! Such a successful day of remembrance, except for the minor skirmishes in Aba and the millions of lives lost in a pointless war for one Nigeria truly a blessing to be proud of!
Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by okoro: 11:22am On May 31
gidgiddy:

I want to thank my fellow Igbos for taking out yesterday to honour and remember our war dead. All the lenght and breath of Igbo land was completely shut down, except for essential services, as we stayed at home to remember the millions we lost. It was largely peaceful except for a skirmish that occured in Aba

We lost millions of our brethren in a fruitless war to uphold a failed British colonial legacy called "one Nigeria", which since proven to be a disaster

Be that as it may, we must thank God in all situations. Nobody will live forever, we will all one day join our war dead in the hereafter. But while we are still here, we shall honour them

Ekene, ekene

is this thanksgiving for Ibos in south east who are forced to stay indoors or the freeborn Ibos residing outside the 3 and half plots of land?
Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by Shadomaan7: 11:39am On May 31
!! Igbo kwenu!! But lets not forget the ongoing poverty, erosion, and terrorism caused by IPOB in our beloved Igbo land, those are things we should also remember and honour in our remembrance day.
Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by osuofia2(m): 11:53am On May 31
gidgiddy:

Ekene, ekene

By forcing people to stay at home. No lecture , no laying of flowers
Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:55am On May 31
Comedian
Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by igwebuike01: 11:56am On May 31
StOla:
Five soldiers were killed actually
Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by igwebuike01: 11:58am On May 31
osuofia2:

By forcing people to stay at home. No lecture , no laying of flowers
You want army to invade the lecture venue.? Have you not been following the event before buhari regime? The 2015 edition pulled huge crowd in Aba
Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by gidgiddy: 12:00pm On May 31
StOla:

Terrorism and death comes with being part Nigeria, it is 8th most insecure country on earth
Re: I Want To Thank My Fellow Igbos For Honouring Our War Dead by gidgiddy: 12:03pm On May 31
okoro:
is this thanksgiving for Ibos in south east who are forced to stay indoors or the freeborn Ibos residing outside the 3 and half plots of land?

Switzerland, Austria and Holland are not up to that 3 plots of land, but are each richer than your entire Nigeria. Nobody cares about your size of land that has achieved nothing

We know you guys hate Ignos but can't do without them being in your useless 'one Nigeria'. And that why it is madness

(1) (Reply)

Bauchi Commissioner Dies In Fatal Crash / National Anthem Represent Nigeria's Identity, NOA Tells Nigerians / Gov Eno Meets Senate President, Reiterates Commitment To Partnership With Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.