Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,622 members, 7,930,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:04 AM

Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments (25030 Views)

Fubara Cancels Revocation Of Le Meridien Hotel, Signed By Wike In 2022 / Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia / Race To 2023 Presidency: Nyesom Wike - 10 Must Knows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by Sniper101(m): 11:47pm On May 31
maasoap:

Lol. He would wait for the 11th hour of his administration to employ his relatives?

Don't mind that dullard
He/She knows nothing.

1 Like

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by Eagleways: 1:40am On Jun 01
Kam2021:
Are they not from Rivers state? Wike ,his political friends will not suffer but those who had Hope's on this job. A greater percentage of those you will put will still be based on political connections.
This is unfair to the youths of Rivers. If you don't win second term,the next governor will still cancel your appointment.

Na sentiments go kill us for this country like this
Mr.governor this your fight is becoming irritating.
Oga , let him put his government in order the way he wants. You still be the one to blame him should he fail. Let him , he bears the responsibility
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by Kam2021: 4:05am On Jun 01
komzy589:

You want him to allow people who were compensated for election fraud with civil service jobs to remain!
Are you drunk?
hes also a beneficiary of that fraud and in your mind you forget most of them resigned from their former place of work
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by Kam2021: 4:07am On Jun 01
idahme:

Listen before commenting he said he will do another recruitment that will ensure younger candidates are recruited and not 52 year olds into the civil service, meaning the recruitment isn't cancelled
if 52 year old is the problem why punish others that resigned from their former jobs.Any irregularity can always be fixed not outright cancellation. He should bid 2nd term bye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by idahme(m): 4:28am On Jun 01
Kam2021:
if 52 year old is the problem why punish others that resigned from their former jobs.Any irregularity can always be fixed not outright cancellation. He should bid 2nd term bye.

You still don't get it, the recruitment is in progress it was never completed and appointment letter was never issued to anyone in the Rivers State civil service Commission. The former process will be replaced and people given opportunity to get recruited.

The former process required you to get nominated by political officials like ward chairmen of the party, LGA chairmen , commissioners , House of Assembly members that was why there was no standards followed anyone nominated gets it instead of people going through the recruitment process. It's a good thing for everyone to be on same level playing ground now. If the process has been completed before now and appointment letter issued I would have no option but to support that they remain in their respective positions but it has not been completed and no one had appointment letter as regards to this civil service Commission recruitment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by jogojogo: 6:17am On Jun 01
Dbegining:
No long talk.

This Fubara is ending Wike's chokehold on Rivers and he's doing it step by step. If he continues like this, Wike might be politically useless by 2027.
Sim won't come back as a governor

1 Like

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by jogojogo: 6:24am On Jun 01
idahme:

The list was never out, they never conducted a transparent process. What they did was to collateral names from PDP wards chairmen around the states without recourse to the citizens been given equal opportunities for employment.

The Governor did well, a transparent process should be done to recruit people devoid of political influence.
If this is the aim of the governor, I support 1000%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by maasoap(m): 6:52am On Jun 01
RosyIsBlessed:

Go do your findings. Even his direct bloodlines were included. Not like I owe you this info tho

Trust me, those who matter to him most would have chopped belleful before the dying minutes of his administration.
Even if your claim is correct, how many of his relatives and friends would make up part of that 10k? Let's say 200 or 500. So, you think it is good for Fubara to sacrifice over 90% of the 10k because of the people from the Wike's family who are beneficiaries too? Didn't Fubara become a gov through Wike's anointing? Yoruba people would say: "the period at which a favour was done for an ingrate is in the distant past, so he chooses to forget". Whoever Fubara sacked now from Wike's family can be easily taken to Abuja, you should know that
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by maasoap(m): 7:08am On Jun 01
idahme:

Do u know how it was done? I am in the know I can authoritavely tell you the list is as a result of political patronage from PDP wards chairmen, PDP LGA chairmen, LGA chiarmen, commissioners and Governors as well as house of assembly.

That's exactly what I'm saying my dear friend.
One. Fubara may not employ another set in the next one or two years to replace them.
Two. Like you and I agreed on, most of them are PDP members who worked for the party and Fubara during his election. Fubara has paid them back with sack letter because of his rift with Wike. Do you agree that Fubara nominees too are among them? Because he was in good rapport with Wike at the time of employment.
And lastly, most of these sacked workers are not coming back when Fubara decide to employ another set. And trust me, he won't employ any number near 10k
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by idahme(m): 7:13am On Jun 01
maasoap:

That's exactly what I'm saying my dear friend.
One. Fubara may not employ another set in the next one or two years to replace them.
Two. Like you and I agreed on, most of them are PDP members who worked for the party and Fubara during his election. Fubara has paid them back with sack letter because of his rift with Wike. Do you agree that Fubara nominees too are among them? Because he was in good rapport with Wike at the time of employment.
And lastly, most of these sacked workers are not coming back when Fubara decide to employ another set. And trust me, he won't employ any number near 10k

You don't get the whole gist, the process was never completed , they only collated the names but it was never published and appointment letters were never issued to anyone.

As for employing up to 10k , I really don't know but we all expect that he should allow the common man on the street to have same opportunities to get employed like anyone else.

2 Likes

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by maasoap(m): 7:15am On Jun 01
idahme:

The list was never out, they never conducted a transparent process. What they did was to collateral names from PDP wards chairmen around the states without recourse to the citizens been given equal opportunities for employment.

The Governor did well, a transparent process should be done to recruit people devoid of political influence.

jogojogo:

If this is the aim of the governor, I support 1000%

@jogojogo, sorry to say but you are naive. grin grin grin
How do you think they are doing it everywhere before? Don't you think Fubara nominees are among them too? Even Fubara himself, how did he become a gov? And how do you think Fubara will employ another set to replace these sacked ones when he's ready? It will still be the same process. Just that this time around, the only difference will be Wike's nominees and the nominees of his supporters won't be among the new workers. But it will still be the same process of nominations among his loyalists in PDP grin grin grin
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by ufotunang: 7:27am On Jun 01
Fubara winning the battle...wike just making noise
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by idahme(m): 7:29am On Jun 01
maasoap:

@jogojogo, sorry to say but you are naive. grin grin grin
How do you think they are doing it everywhere before? Don't you think Fubara nominees are among them too? Even Fubara himself, how did he become a gov? And how do you think Fubara will employ another set to replace these sacked ones when he's ready? It will still be the same process. Just that this time around, the only difference will be Wike's nominees and the nominees of his supporters won't be among the new workers. But it will still be the same process of nominations among his loyalists in PDP grin grin grin

You are wrong in recruitment, if you hijack 20 to 30 % of the names for your loyalists no one will say anything as long as the common man on the streets is also given an opportunity to get a slot without knowing anyone and not that 100% of 10k was hijacked. That is wikedness in the highest order, do you know what 10k is that nothing was ever given to the populace? What then is the hope of the people of the recruitment is for 100 workers?

I support SIM as long as she gives opportunity to the streets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by maasoap(m): 7:29am On Jun 01
idahme:

You don't get the whole gist, the process was never completed , they only collated the names but it was never published

You might be right, I don't argue blindly. But it is not new, it is like that everywhere in Nigeria. Not saying it is okay, it is not okay. But don't pretend like you don't know before.

and appointment letters were never issued to anyone.

This is a blatant lie! You can't be on govt payroll without employment letter. You should know better than this.

As for employing up to 10k , I really don't know but we all expect that he should allow the common man on the street to have same opportunities to get employed like anyone else.
Those who are employed are also common man but I get what you are saying: should give equal opportunity to all.
But let me tell you this, employment forms will be sold to all but final selection by Fubara will still be nominations among his loyalists. He just wants to screen out nominees from Wike and his loyalists. This is even the crucial time for Fubara to empower his loyalists against the next election since PDP is now divided.
What Fubara is doing now and will be doing from now onwards will be more about politics than governance. But if you are not a politician, you won't understand and agree
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by tj2018: 7:30am On Jun 01
You are a very big fool
descarado:
If I am giving zamfara and rivers states to chose from, I will take zamfara without blinking. At least I know that those people are primitive and illiterates. But you see rivers state, the worst state in the history of Nigeria. Maybe they are having identity crisis. No son of rivers state is a billionaire unless politicians. No industrialists. They are nebors to abia state and very close to aba yet they don't copy from them. Their land is very hostile to strangers. Very lazy men. Their women sleep with foreigners and get money to feed them. The mentality of we feed the nation, our oil money is what is sustaining Nigeria made them extremely lazy. An average rivers man is like amaechi,wike and fubara. Odili went far cos of his wife. She sustained him else what happened to wike and amaechi would have happened to him.
Weaklings called men.
Na only party drm sabi. Burial party for that matter.
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by idahme(m): 7:33am On Jun 01
maasoap:

You might be right, I don't argue blindly. But it is not new, it is like that everywhere in Nigeria. Not saying it is okay, it is not okay. But don't pretend like you don't know before.

This is a blatant lie! You can't be on govt payroll without employment letter. You should know better than this.

Those who are employed are also common man but I get what you are saying: should give equal opportunity to all.
But let me tell you this, employment forms will be sold to all but final selection by Fubara will still be nominations among his loyalists. He just wants to screen out nominees from Wike and his loyalists. This is even the crucial time for Fubara to empower his loyalists against the next election since PDP is now divided.
What Fubara is doing now and will be doing from now onwards will be more about politics than governance. But if you are not a politician, you won't understand and agree

You are arguing, I am telling you what is going on the civil service commission job of 10k was never completed, do you know anyone who collected appointments letter? May be you are confusing River State civil service commission job with another recruitment conducted within the state like the one conducted in Ignatius Ajuru University of Education.

Stop misinformation

2 Likes

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by maasoap(m): 7:35am On Jun 01
idahme:

You are wrong in recruitment, if you hijack 20 to 30 % of the names for your loyalists no one will say anything as long as the common man on the streets is also given an opportunity to get a slot without knowing anyone and not that 100% of 10k was hijacked. That is wikedness in the highest order, do you know what 10k is that nothing was ever given to the populace? What then is the hope of the people of the recruitment is for 100 workers?

I support SIM as long as she gives opportunity to the streets.

No, he won't. He wants to screen nominees of "enemies" out and establish himself from now onwards. The one he is going to do will be worse whenever he's ready . He, himself was a product of favouritism. It is about politics, not the governance he's selling to you
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by BeeNG3: 7:44am On Jun 01
YOU WILL BE REMOVED
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by Whalis: 8:00am On Jun 01
idahme:

You still don't get it, the recruitment is in progress it was never completed and appointment letter was never issued to anyone in the Rivers State civil service Commission. The former process will be replaced and people given opportunity to get recruited.

The former process required you to get nominated by political officials like ward chairmen of the party, LGA chairmen , commissioners , House of Assembly members that was why there was no standards followed anyone nominated gets it instead of people going through the recruitment process. It's a good thing for everyone to be on same level playing ground now. If the process has been completed before now and appointment letter issued I would have no option but to support that they remain in their respective positions but it has not been completed and no one had appointment letter as regards to this civil service Commission recruitment
Appointment letters were issued. Civil servants I'd card was given. The people had even started working and posted to various departments. If Fubara thinks they weren't qualified he should have subjected to rescreening. If we continue in this way in four years time or eight years those he employed now will be dropped by another governor.
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by RosyIsBlessed: 8:09am On Jun 01
maasoap:

Trust me, those who matter to him most would have chopped belleful before the dying minutes of his administration.
Even if your claim is correct, how many of his relatives and friends would make up part of that 10k? Let's say 200 or 500. So, you think it is good for Fubara to sacrifice over 90% of the 10k because of the people from the Wike's family who are beneficiaries too? Didn't Fubara become a gov through Wike's anointing? Yoruba people would say: "the period at which a favour was done for an ingrate is in the distant past, so he chooses to forget". Whoever Fubara sacked now from Wike's family can be easily taken to Abuja, you should know that

Carry your logic go court. U asked a question and I've answered. Take it or leave it, it changes nothing
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by brown3: 8:20am On Jun 01
vanitybutiwanti:
I noticed that people cheering fubara are from one part of the country grin , continue, the 10k people are Rivers indigenes most of them worked hard for the governor to be there, now because he's fighting his predecessor and benefactor, he's cancelling the process, how would the cancellation of this process affect wike?
while those in support of nwike are from brown roof republic most especially their yoroeba Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by brown3: 8:30am On Jun 01
Whalis:
Those who do not know may hail Fubaras decision.
Towards the end of Wikes tenure and as usual with most government. Obaseki is presently doing that. Wike decided to recruit into the civil service. The whole idea was for the recruited people to massively vote for Fubara as that was the only way their jobs could be retained. Those recruited had their families to convince to vote Fubara as that was the only way they won't be sacked.
I personally voted Fubara for this reason. A close relative of mine benefitted from the recruitment. Fubara was aware that Wike took this decision to his benefits. Fubara won the election courtesy of this strategy. Before Fubara won these people had worked for over 4 to 5 months with promise that they would be paid once things got settled. While these people were merrying that Fubara had won Fubara first action in office was to sack them all.
He sacked them with no pay or compensation. These people underwent all the required process of civil service recruitment including issuing of Government ID Cards.
Some of them resigned their previous jobs.
you and those who reason like you are the problem of Nigeria, you refused to vote for the best. You voted because of what you will gain immediately and you forget about long time gain that will benefit you and your generation to come.
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by mrksquare: 9:02am On Jun 01
maasoap:

He wants to outsource the process to a consultant to conduct the employment processes.

Amaechi did same when he enlisted the services of Price Water House Copper to conduct written and oral interview and training of the 13k teachers employed during his tenure.

The 13k teachers he employed was transparent as only the best were employed. Employment shouldn't be on the basis of political patronage. This is why we have civil servants who can't write a simple memo. The recruitment process must be gotten right and the best should be given priority attention. Civil service in Rivers state in the days of my father was the incubation ground for Rivers indigenes that schooled abroad and some that had the best of tertiary education in Nigeria.

Besides, what do you expect from a recruitment process where Wike personally employed his cousin as Chair of Rivers state Civil service Commsion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by innocent2019: 9:28am On Jun 01
iswallker:

How can someone be employed on level 8 at 52yrs old

Your comment is more irritating...
allow him, he de play. Let him enjoy himself in the mud with that his slow memory

1 Like

Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by Whalis: 10:07am On Jun 01
brown3:
you and those who reason like you are the problem of Nigeria, you refused to vote for the best. You voted because of what you will gain immediately and you forget about long time gain that will benefit you and your generation to come.
May your rot any day you vote for what you will gain.
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by brown3: 10:40am On Jun 01
Whalis:

May your rot any day you vote for what you will gain.
hungry man has spoken. Your thinking faculty is the reason you are struggling for low paying job. I don't vote base on stomach infrastructure.
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by blueAgent(m): 1:05pm On Jun 01
obaidan:

read before u comment. Recruitment list with fictitious names and people that are 52 years old. Why will he not cancel it. You want the state government to employ civil servants that are over 50 years old, when retirement age is 55....to what end

You dey mind the Fool?

50% of those names might be ghost workers, there are 1000s of unemployed Rivers state youths who are younger but no jobs or connections.

Only supporters of the failed druglord are against Fubara's actions.
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by blueAgent(m): 1:09pm On Jun 01
kedeojo:
Those people are still in severe pains that he didn't support their choice as president. They used to love him before than even their fathers and didn't see any wrong he does then. Hypocrisy is their regular trade mark

And the so called supporters of the winner of an election, are dieing and crying for Food?

grin grin grin

Źombie.

The day you would have sense, is the day your life would move forward.
Re: Fubara Cancels Wike 10,000 Job, Promises Fresh Recruitments by Fa44me: 8:39pm On Jun 01
vanitybutiwanti:
I noticed that people cheering fubara are from one part of the country grin , continue, the 10k people are Rivers indigenes most of them worked hard for the governor to be there, now because he's fighting his predecessor and benefactor, he's cancelling the process, how would the cancellation of this process affect wike?

If you were in the same position, you will do just the same bro. Put yourself in the same shoe. After all, he is going to employ the citizens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu Attend Manchester Event / Aisha Buhari Whispering Into Dolapo Osinbajo's Ear (Caption Photo) / Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.