Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,201 members, 7,887,525 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:06 AM

Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes (44777 Views)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Bullfallo(m): 7:11am On Jun 01
The only alternative that comes close is tin tomatoes
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Bullfallo(m): 7:16am On Jun 01
Instead of tomatoes rice. Just cook concoction rice like red oil rice

Another good one is green vegetable and rice.

Nothing is cheap now so don’t expect any alternatives to be cheap

1 Like

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Kobojunkie: 7:19am On Jun 01
TylerPerry:
Ridiculous, there's no substitute for tomatoes. I love Tinubu for fulfilling some of his campaign promises and honestly I think he's doing very well. He said GARRI, BEANS and DODO. He's started with garri, beans will follow, then dodo. Be patient, for tomatoes to have gone into extinction, that's other unpublicized promises fulfilled ahead of time
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by descarado: 7:28am On Jun 01
These are diff things you can pair with white rice.
Common people,in this age and time, you are still sticking to tomato this, tomato that. Shuu

1 Share

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by reddingtonblack: 7:31am On Jun 01
AirBay:

And in 60-100days you go still dy find immediate solutions. Typical Nigeria thinking... Lazy south people, how south go dy import tomato from North.....baffles me.

stop reasoning like a programmed roBOT, if you plant tomato today no be something you go dey chop before harvest, besides how many people get space to plant or farm in a city like lagos.
Even when you plant these things they don't meet your personal demand except you do big or have spare land to farm ... besides farming as some keys, if you don't know it you won't get desired results.

This is not an exercise to discourage people but it is better to prepare people's mind

2 Likes

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Malawian(m): 7:38am On Jun 01
flyca:
Three alternatives to pepper loading..... grin grin
That is when Yoruba people will stage the mother of all protests. Just make pepper scarce or expensive.
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by descarado: 7:46am On Jun 01
1Sharon:

You can make stew w/o tomatoes.
Honestly, don't know why the fuss about tomato.
I grew up eating white rice without tomatoes, still does. When all the vegetables are there in the farm begging to be eaten. One can eat white rice with peppersoup water, ofe akwu, egwusi soup, any vegetable soup. Any groundnut soup, pair with coconut curry.
The curry we use to make stew can be used to make Indian curry( fastest and very easy yet so tasteful. Accepted all over, add small coconut cream and yummy)
I am not even going towards these east Asian countries. They consume white rice everyday so they have so many ways to enjoy it.
Not forgetting fried rice abi that one need tomatoes too.
Nigerian govt should engage nutritionists to plan national meals and cuisines that is balanced so we can start eating healthy. That's the most important thing not tomatoe this or that.
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Silentgroper(m): 8:52am On Jun 01
Verbtips:
BA MU SANI BA grin
ELEJO WEWE
LO WA 'SE SHEY

grin grin
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by KingRoiz(m): 9:57am On Jun 01
Beans is ₦400 a cup o

TylerPerry:
Ridiculous, there's no substitute for tomatoes. I love Tinubu for fulfilling some of his campaign promises and honestly I think he's doing very well. He said GARRI, BEANS and DODO. He's started with garri, beans will follow, then dodo. Be patient, for tomatoes to have gone into extinction, that's other unpublicized promises fulfilled ahead of time
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by KingRoiz(m): 10:00am On Jun 01
I'm actually a Batchelor now and I'm really interested in trying out these listed meals, please can you send me a recipe ,these are so strange apart from the pepper soup and vegetable soup you mentioned.

descarado:

Honestly, don't know why the fuss about tomato.
I grew up eating white rice without tomatoes, still does. When all the vegetables are there in the farm begging to be eaten. One can eat white rice with peppersoup water, ofe akwu, egwusi soup, any vegetable soup. Any groundnut soup, pair with coconut curry.
The curry we use to make stew can be used to make Indian curry( fastest and very easy yet so tasteful. Accepted all over, add small coconut cream and yummy)
I am not even going towards these east Asian countries. They consume white rice everyday so they have so many ways to enjoy it.
Not forgetting fried rice abi that one need tomatoes too.
Nigerian govt should engage nutritionists to plan national meals and cuisines that is balanced so we can start eating healthy. That's the most important thing not tomatoe this or that.
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by AirBay: 2:01pm On Jun 01
reddingtonblack:

stop reasoning like a programmed roBOT, if you plant tomato today no be something you go dey chop before harvest, besides how many people get space to plant or farm in a city like lagos.
Even when you plant these things they don't meet your personal demand except you do big or have spare land to farm ... besides farming as some keys, if you don't know it you won't get desired results.

This is not an exercise to discourage people but it is better to prepare people's mind

You cited Lagos as an example lol. How many states are in South West again? Tons of people have spaces to farm, you don't need a big farm to plant tomato

An adage says if you want to eat the honey inside the rock, you should stop checking the sharp end of the axe. If you plan to use a car next year, won't you start saving? You may even Trek some places in order to save quickly.

If you don't eat tomato in 3months, will the person die? No. there are substitues e.g. canned tomato. There are a lot of southwestern and eastern soups that does not need tomato as well.

In three months you can get buckets, buy loamy soil, plant tomato and get fruits. Yes, it may not meet your personal demands but it will reduce the amount of money you spend in buying 1 tomato fruit which is now #100 I believe. By the time it gets to #200 per one, everyone will get sense. grin
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:20pm On Jun 01
SOME NIGERIANS ARE INDEED LAZY IN THEIR THINKING,COMMON TO PLANT TOMATOES IN YA BACKYARDS THAT GROWS IN 7WEEKS THEY CANT angry keep waiting for PTinubu to plant tomatoes and okra for you na.

1 Like

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Reloadedisraelp: 3:42pm On Jun 01
HAROLDWILSON:
We need alternative to Tinubu
lol... Buhari grin
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Sleekfingers: 7:25pm On Jun 01
Celestialsword:

https://businessday.ng/business-economy/article/three-good-alternatives-to-fresh-tomatoes/

So people should blend Carrots , Scotch bonnet and tatashe to make stew abi? Useless alternative

2 Likes

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Celestialsword: 9:09pm On Jun 01
Sleekfingers:

So people should blend Carrots , Scotch bonnet and tatashe to make stew abi? Useless alternative
citizens of poor third world countries are very proud despite the bitting inflation

1 Like

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by Kobojunkie: 1:18am On Jun 02
Celestialsword:
citizens of poor third world countries are very proud despite the bitting inflation
Proud of what abeg? undecided
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by oneMalik: 4:20pm On Jun 03
Does it also cost time and energy to cook your rice before you eat ?

if it will take 100-days to produce tomato then it should be one of the cheapest item in the market ....

And let me tell you , there will never be an immediate solution to a continuous problem . A problem you as a citizen are not ready or willing to address from the root .

No deh play o.

i don tell you .

reddingtonblack:

it will cost time, if you plant a tomatoe today it won't germimate over night ...

Generally tomato takes 60 to 100days to germinate, by that time tomato price for don crash down

we are talking immediate solutions or alternative .. for me igbo soup can take over

Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by oneMalik: 4:22pm On Jun 03
Na govt suppose plant those for you ?

wake up o !

Matheusmartin:
Maybe we go still plant rice,beans, yam and all other food stuff
Re: Three Good Alternatives To Fresh Tomatoes by oneMalik: 4:36pm On Jun 03
Yes i agree with you .

One thing is willingness and the other is Laziness , the problem here in Nigeria is not the economy but the citizens , To be honest everybody Lazy including myself .
Those that has the space are still looking for what is not lost , thereby abandoning their responsibility . I left PH b4 this thing gets to this stage cos i saw it coming ..... Agriculture has money if properly managed but everybody want to live in the city.

Planning is winning Nigeria is not that Bad.

bnbash:
It is not every body that have time for planting things like these and also some people do not have the space for that because some rented houses do not have any extra spaces for such

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Bush Rat I Killed Today.. / See My Yummy Homemade Suya, Good For Evening Relaxation (pix And Video) / How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.