Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,729 members, 7,882,464 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference (4449 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) / Ambode, Osinbajo, At Bishop Okonkwo's Birthday Thanksgiving (Photos) / Who Is This Emma Bishop Okonkwo, Is He A Bishop Or Business Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by PastorKun(m): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2011
As ridiculous as it sounds this was what was publicly announced yesterday at the on going "Kingdom Life World Conference" of TREM yesterday. Those requesting special prayers by the bishop were asked to put $2,000 in and envelope before the 'man of god' could pray for them. They were also specifically warned that the $2,000 must be complete else their prayer request would not be attended to neither was the church willing to accept instalmental payments.

I know some lunatics on this forum would see nothing wrong with this fraud but comments are welcome from Christians who still have their thinking faculties intact.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by free123: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2011
Money is now the crux of christianity for so called pastors and prophets of our time. U can imagine Prophet Uebert Angel telling his congregation that even if they obey 9 out of 10 steps he listed for making heaven, without tithing, they are nowhere near heaven.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by Kx: 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2011
Most preachers in Inspiration TV uses similar method by asking their "people" to call in- surprisingly those churches have call centers-and pledge their payments.

Anybody can devise any strategy to increase his bottom line, but it is up to those "obeying" such money/"seed" calls.

No use crying more than the bereaved.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by PastorKun(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2011
These Morons are getting bolder and bolder, last year it was Oyaks charging N1,000 for his nonsense cross over service today Okonkwo is charging $2,000 for his so called prayers yet they still have some brain dead people patronizing them.

Evil thrives when a few good men fail to speak up against it. It's a shame that these scams are going on in the name of God, yet most believers would rather keep quiet about. All true christians must come out and condemn this fraud in clear terms angry and chase away these fraudsters masquerading as men of God.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2011
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by HISchild: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2011
"What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more." - 1 Co 9:18-19

----

"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Pet 2:3

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by r231(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2011
greateros:

I guess his prayers goes straight to jesus!

I wonder how much will be jesus commission in oda for him to answer the prayers or better still how much will Jesus charge for each of his miracles if he were to be alive today!

Lol grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by Kx: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
HISchild:

"What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more." - 1 Co 9:18-19

----

"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Pet 2:3

Thats the scripture undiluted.
Are the money mongers-those paying and receiving respectively blind to the bible?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by papagiddy(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2011
i doubt this story.Bishop Mike is beyond  that level. kai!!!!
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by ogoamaka99(m): 6:07pm On Nov 25, 2011
Posterkun,
Oh! posterkun, what do you gain by lying against ministers of GOD ? If not Oyedepo, it is Pastor Chris. Now it is Bishop Okonkwo. Because you are possessed with lying spirit it is impossible to believe what you are saying. The integrity of Bishop Okonkwo is beyond doubt. To prove my point, if we probe further, posterkun we tell us that a member of TREM told him because posterkun did not attend the conference. So posterkun how do you obtain your information?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by wellmax(m): 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2011
If you believe this story then you can believe that your mother is a man.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by plaetton: 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
The title for this series should be:
The New Dark Ages, Nigeria and Medieval Churchianity.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by dare2think: 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ Poster,

for the sake of clarity pls how did you get this information? word of mouth or first-hand?

ogoamaka99:

Posterkun,
Oh! posterkun, what do you gain by lying against ministers of GOD ? If not Oyedepo, it is Pastor Chris. Now it is Bishop Okonkwo. Because you are possessed with lying spirit it is impossible to believe what you are saying. The integrity of Bishop Okonkwo is beyond doubt. To prove my point, if we probe further, posterkun we tell us that a member of TREM told him because posterkun did not attend the conference. So posterkun how do you obtain your information?

@ ogoamaka

For the sake of clarity, how do you know the integrity of Okonkwo is beyond doubt? Word of mouth or first hand?

Also, how do you know they are Men of God?

Did God confide in you?
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by ogajim(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2011
Another reason while Nigerians need to pick up and study their Bibles if this turns out to be true. God doesn't operate a bank or business and need no CASH upfront payment to bless his children.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by thehomer: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2011
Pastor Kun:

As ridiculous as it sounds this was what was publicly announced yesterday at the on going "Kingdom Life World Conference" of TREM yesterday. Those requesting special prayers by the bishop were asked to put $2,000 in and envelope before the 'man of god' could pray for them. They were also specifically warned that the $2,000 must be complete else their prayer request would not be attended to neither was the church willing to accept installmental payments.

I know some lunatics on this forum would see nothing wrong with this fraud but comments are welcome from christians who still have their thinking faculties intact.

He doesn't want Naira anymore because it is rapidly getting devalued. He should have aimed for the Euro or the Pound Sterling.
This has to be the neatest scam of them all. Collecting money from willing participants for no services rendered or no goods received.
This guy seems to have more titles than Idi-Amin also known as "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular".
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by PastorKun(m): 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2011
@Ogoamaka
I have always known you to be a part of the fraud going on in Nigerian churcches so I am not suprised.

@ All
I happen to stay in the vicinity where Okonkwo's so called church is located. Several of the residents there are his regular customers and I got the info first hand from members who were there when he made the fraudulent request. I stand 100% by my assertions, the onus is on charlatans who feel that Okonkwo has grown beyond the level of scamming members of just $2,000 to prove other wise.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by PastorKun(m): 8:57am On Nov 26, 2011
Another annoying part of this fraud is that the charlatan had the audacity to ask for dollars in a country were the legal tender is Naira. The arrogance and the condescending manner which they asked for the 'payment' is also equally nauseating.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by free123: 9:59am On Nov 26, 2011
Christianity is practised by few individuals who understand what it means to follow Christ in truth and in spirit. Most of the churches we see today are just there to make money from people who do not understand that christainity is not all about quick riches, miracles, ''feel good'', etc.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by bashydemy(m): 10:00am On Nov 26, 2011
Scam in making
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by Revolva(m): 11:47am On Nov 26, 2011
2000USD omo na wa oo, this one na real Format oo!!!!!! Holy Ghost Format, men i blame the people that are paying that money, sha.not Okonkwos fault
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by ogoamaka99(m): 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2011
@posterkun,

Stop the name calling and let iron out your allegation. You alleged that Bishop Okonkwo charged $2000, were you at the conference or how did you get your information. You need to prove the allegation for us to believe you or we take to be one of your many attack on ministers of the gospel. Believe you me, if you can prove the allegation to be true, everyone in this forum will condemn the action SO LET US KNOW HOW YOU OBTAINED THAT INFORMATION.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 27, 2011
The easiest way to steal is to steal in the name of God. The most advanced form of Advance Fee Fraud is done using the word of God. Obtaining the flock using scriptural pretenses is the best invention of satan for today's gullible, greedy and un-Berean christian.

How can people throw away reasoning when someone mentions the name of God? If anyone that purports to be sent by God asks for your money, flee as he is the one the scriptures specifically warned you about: the wolf in sheep's clothing. . Collecting money for God's free gifts to man makes mockery of God and He hates it when believers are being made merchandise of by hucksters and pulpit pimps.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by EarsWide(m): 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2011
@Ogoamaka

What exactly do you gain from defending these people ? Is there no part of you that feels that the poor and desperate in society need to be protected from these frauds.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by Donykua: 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2011
A child of a snake is a snake. satan is the father of all liars, like father like son.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by chiteny(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2011
I guess his prayers goes straight to jesus!

I wonder how much will be jesus commission in oda for him to answer the prayers or better still how much will Jesus charge for each of his miracles if he were to be alive today!

grin Brother mistaken. Prayer by-passes Jesus and goes straight to God Himself.

If this is true, then its a big pity. Our great men of God have missed the mark terribly.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by dare2think: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2011
Earswide,

Where have u been?
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by EarsWide(m): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2011
@dare2think

I was spending so much time on these prosperity frauds that I decided I had to take a break. How have you been ?
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by ogoamaka99(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2011
EarsWide:

@Ogoamaka

What exactly do you gain from defending these people ? Is there no part of you that feels that the poor and desperate in society need to be protected from these frauds.
@EARWIDE,
I expect you to reason very well before reacting. How did you prove that the information is true? Why, pastorkun was not in that conference, so how did he get the information? If somebody told him, how did he prove that the information the person gave him was true? Before we join to condemn bishop Okonkwo i expect pastorkun to prove to us the source of the information and how reliable is the information? Ask yourself, what if that information was false?
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by EarsWide(m): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2011
@ogoamaka99

Do I have your word that if this is proved, you will join us in condemning it ?
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2011
l thought kunleoshob was present at the conference.

This is one of the problems we have on nl. when my pastor died earlier this yr, so many BS and hearsay were being said on Nl. but as someone who was on ground and is still on ground, i can confirm none of those things that were said are correct. we need to have facts and not cooked up stories that cant be substantiated.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by PastorKun(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
I don't need to give any source for this story, either you take it or you leave it. As I said earlier Okonkwo's church is in my area of residence and I happen to know several residents that patronise his so called church. The info I posted is from multiple members of his church who heard first hand and informed those of us that were not there. I also took time to verify the info from other church members before posting this article. The onus is on someone from Okokwo's church to deny this article if it is not true and so far nobody as disputed it so I don't know what you guys are making noise about? Was it not on this forum earlier this year that someone reported that another comrade in crime in the name of Oyaks was charging gate fee for his cross over service? Did his members not confirm it? Even though some daft and moronic ones amongst them were trying to rationalise the sacrilege. Several churches are just money making ventures in disguise and TREM is clearly one of the churches devoted to making money for it's proprietor.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by dare2think: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ earswide

Bro, am good. Still trying to understand these fraudsters in "man of god" clothing.

But what can we do, those smart men have to eat with the abundance of foolishness in Nigeria, who can blame them.

Safe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists / Do Catholics Really Know Who What And Why They Worship (pictures) / The Best Of Youtube Uplifting Christian Praise And Worship Songs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.