Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,505 members, 7,940,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:43 PM

My Nairaland Observation - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Nairaland Observation (834 Views)

Checkout My Nairaland Clone. / Check Out My Nairaland Clone Website Page / Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01
I have been on Nl for about 2 months and have been active on the progamming section and even the science and tech section entirely. Here are some of my observations
1. The sections are almost entirely spam and ads. Aside from a few nlanders eg qtguru, we hardly get beneficial posts to enthusiasts, especially here on the programming sect.
2. The absence of beneficial and relevant topics on the Nl front page. The fp is just full of irrelevant and just outright stupid content. Imagine entering nl only to be greeted by one: SEE THE SOUP I MADE WITH #200 (PICS) and the worst is that nl mods promote dispute between members especially political one, it is like once any post is politics related, automatically fp material. We generally lack informative materials.
3. Sexual misconduct is praised here on nl. Imagine having a sexuality section when even to get current news on nl is a hassle
i am just tired me oh, hmm
Nlfpmod, seun, lalastica, Karleb
Re: My Nairaland Observation by house10studios: 1:40pm On Jun 01
2 months n u complaining d forum is here n d way it is try gist mania u go come back to nl.

Just chk out threads u align with simple
Re: My Nairaland Observation by Shomek(m): 1:45pm On Jun 01
Eyah sorry don't get tired

You are right about this

I don't know what is wrong with mr seun he once promise his self that he will use the rest of his life moderating this forum
But i don't know he does not fulfill his promises to us and to himself
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 2:09pm On Jun 01
house10studios:
2 months n u complaining d forum is here n d way it is try gist mania u go come back to nl.

Just chk out threads u align with simple
. How will you do that when everything is spam or ads, that is the point i was trying to make navigating nl will be difficult
Re: My Nairaland Observation by house10studios: 2:17pm On Jun 01
Even twitter n Facebook get spam
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 2:20pm On Jun 01
Shomek:
Eyah sorry don't get tired

You are right about this

I don't know what is wrong with mr seun he once promise his self that he will use the rest of his life moderating this forum
But i don't know he does not fulfill his promises to us and to himself
. He over promises and under delievers
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01
house10studios:
Even twitter n Facebook get spam
. But they have moderation, if you come across a sponsored post on FB it would be indicated, but on nl hmm
Re: My Nairaland Observation by eepeepook: 3:12pm On Jun 01
This forum no get hope.
Re: My Nairaland Observation by house10studios: 3:21pm On Jun 01
eepeepook:
This forum no get hope.
typing rubbish
Re: My Nairaland Observation by eepeepook: 3:22pm On Jun 01
house10studios:
typing rubbish
…and will continue to until Seun gets his act together.
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 3:22pm On Jun 01
eepeepook:
This forum no get hope.
But if the mods and seun actually listened to the users, things would have been much better

2 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Observation by eepeepook: 3:27pm On Jun 01
danielclerkson:
But if the mods and seun actually listened to the users, things would have been much better
Let’s not go there. People have spoken since 2010. Many left when they realized things refused to change.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Observation by house10studios: 3:27pm On Jun 01
eepeepook:
…and will continue to until Seun gets his act together.
as a blogger i have checked a lot of forums both local n foreign, trust me if seun begin act like them, our conversation for don bann us.

Hostility claims n those trash.

So just enjoy it, cause thats y u always coming back.

Facebook as alot of spam until u click it u won't know twitter redit all get sooo enjoy n stop complaining or just start ur own
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 3:41pm On Jun 01
eepeepook:
Let’s not go there. People have spoken since 2010. Many left when they realized things refused to change.
I already noticed prominent nlanders already leaving the platform. It is now a living billboard

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 3:47pm On Jun 01
house10studios:
as a blogger i have checked a lot of forums both local n foreign, trust me if seun begin act like them, our conversation for don bann us.

Hostility claims n those trash.

So just enjoy it, cause thats y u always coming back.

Facebook as alot of spam until u click it u won't know twitter redit all get sooo enjoy n stop complaining or just start ur own
. Call me a conspiracy theorist but i think alot of the so called hostility is promoted by seun and mods because why will you be pushing hostile prone content ( eg APC VS PDP) knowing fully well that it can cause, to the fp
Re: My Nairaland Observation by house10studios: 3:56pm On Jun 01
danielclerkson:
I already noticed prominent nlanders already leaving the platform. It is now a living billboard
prominent lol
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 4:02pm On Jun 01
house10studios:
prominent lol
lol, but it is true
Re: My Nairaland Observation by Shomek(m): 5:47pm On Jun 01
danielclerkson:
. He over promises and under delievers
That's mr seun for u
Re: My Nairaland Observation by africoders18: 11:22pm On Jun 02
The board does not bring money to seun's table that is why
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 11:28pm On Jun 02
africoders18:
The board does not bring money to seun's table that is why
eh, wat are you saying. Only the money for ads can change someone's life oh. Just check the ad rates for different sections, you will be shocked. The only thing taking seun's money is the server fees
Re: My Nairaland Observation by africoders18: 10:25am On Jun 03
danielclerkson:
eh, wat are you saying. Only the money for ads can change someone's life oh. Just check the ad rates for different sections, you will be shocked. The only thing taking seun's money is the server fees
I meant the programming board is not too important to seun. Other sections like romance bring more traffic.

Imagine a thread like :
Node 22 is out with hot features making frontpage vs
I just caught my neighbour's husband with my little sister

You know the romance one will trend generally.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03
africoders18:

I meant the programming board is not too important to seun. Other sections like romance bring more traffic.

Imagine a thread like :
Node 22 is out with hot features making frontpage vs
I just caught my neighbour's husband with my little sister

You know the romance one will trend generally.
lol the topic comparism cracked me up, but it is true oh the ad rates for this section is low compared to other sections
Re: My Nairaland Observation by airsaylongcome: 7:12pm On Jun 03
danielclerkson:

You really think the only cost to host the biggest forum in Africa is "server fees"?
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 8:52pm On Jun 03
airsaylongcome:

You really think the only cost to host the biggest forum in Africa is "server fees"?
I am not really sure they pay mods, but aside from that what else could be taking any significant amount of money ?
Re: My Nairaland Observation by airsaylongcome: 10:04pm On Jun 03
danielclerkson:
I am not really sure they pay mods, but aside from that what else could be taking any significant amount of money ?

So when you say "server fees" maybe you need to break it down. A lot of people throw "server" around when they mean the entire infrastructure that makes the service available. Cloud flare for example is a huge cost centre for NL. Also high availability, redundancy, data Backups (and disaster recovery) are all non-server related items that are major cost centres.
Re: My Nairaland Observation by danielclerkson(m): 10:48pm On Jun 03
airsaylongcome:

So when you say "server fees" maybe you need to break it down. A lot of people throw "server" around when they mean the entire infrastructure that makes the service available. Cloud flare for example is a huge cost centre for NL. Also high availability, redundancy, data Backups (and disaster recovery) are all non-server related items that are major cost centres.
hmm. But to be sincere, all the points you have highlighted all fall under server costs and hosting. Cloudflare which you mentioned is a hosting company. Really check it, nl does not have and state-of-the-art security system and the koko of the platform is that it required alot of information which is kept on servers after it is hosted by cloudflare and the last place where additional infrastructure is just to ensure the utilization and moderation of high traffic and that is all. Correct me if i am wrong, but all these fall under the wide canopy of the aforementioned term, "server"
Re: My Nairaland Observation by airsaylongcome: 12:43am On Jun 04
danielclerkson:
hmm. But to be sincere, all the points you have highlighted all fall under server costs and hosting. Cloudflare which you mentioned is a hosting company. Really check it, nl does not have and state-of-the-art security system and the koko of the platform is that it required alot of information which is kept on servers after it is hosted by cloudflare and the last place where additional infrastructure is just to ensure the utilization and moderation of high traffic and that is all. Correct me if i am wrong, but all these fall under the wide canopy of the aforementioned term, "server"

For an IT person to say "wide canopy of the...term server" says a lot. When I walk into a bank and they have a outage and some lay person says to me "no network", I can forgive them. But the same thing said by an IT person to another IT person is "unforgivable". There is more to hosting a website than just "server costs". But if you want to refer to the entire infrastructure and support cost as "server cost" then be my guest. And don't think when NL is hosted on a server we are talking CPanel shared hosting.
Re: My Nairaland Observation by gistray: 1:08am On Jun 04
This section doesn't give seun any money from Ads and AdSense.

It's practically useless to seun.

In short this place is just a trashbin

I even miss the trolls like Greatigboman and tastyfriedpussy who made here lively sometimes ago.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Observation by africoders18: 2:22am On Jun 04
gistray:
This section doesn't give seun any money from Ads and AdSense.

It's practically useless to seun.

In short this place is just a trashbin

I even miss the trolls like Greatigboman and tastyfriedpussy who made here lively sometimes ago.
Many trolls have come and gone, the board remains. I used to be a troll once but now here too dry to even troll, I just usually read the comments and go back to my forum.

Out of habit, I come here to see if anything has changed
Re: My Nairaland Observation by gistray: 6:59am On Jun 04
africoders18:

Many trolls have come and gone, the board remains. I used to be a troll once but now here too dry to even troll, I just usually read the comments and go back to my forum.

Out of habit, I come here to see if anything has changed

Evening bro.
I was banned by spam bot yesterday.
I dropped a post and a comment as instructed 2 days ago with username bo na 9ja
Re: My Nairaland Observation by africoders18: 1:42pm On Jun 04
gistray:

Evening bro.
I was banned by spam bot yesterday.
I dropped a post and a comment as instructed 2 days ago with username bo na 9ja
This right? https://afrkd.ng/d/82-what-is-recaptcha-and-how-does-it-work

Where were you banned? on nairaland or af/coders?

Also you sef, why you take go offend a hard working spam bot?

Seun mean you gan ni o, he even banned your username

Let me check, it is like I can still mention my old username - dhtml18
Re: My Nairaland Observation by gistray: 2:08pm On Jun 04
africoders18:

This right? https://afrkd.ng/d/82-what-is-recaptcha-and-how-does-it-work

Where were you banned? on nairaland or af/coders?

Also you sef, why you take go offend a hard working spam bot?

Seun mean you gan ni o, he even banned your username

Let me check, it is like I can still mention my old username - dhtml18

Yes.
Seun ban my username some years ago.

That's the thread I created... I was banned here on Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Studying Abroad / www.babefishing.com: Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match / Wga Notification Process Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.