Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,787 members, 7,886,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:23 PM

Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? (21183 Views)

Sack Letter Looms For These Coaches. Find Out Who They Are, And Why / Some Top Football Coaches And The Cars They Drive / Who Among These Coaches Is Full Of Drama On The Pitch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Deepspirituals: 2:13pm On Jun 02
Guardiola
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by SPAMBOX7: 2:44pm On Jun 02
nairalee:
I am a huge Pep admirer but 9 years unbeaten at home is MASSIVE
No be one year. 9 whole years just a year to make it a decade. I'm still finding it difficult to believe
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Brownemeka: 3:27pm On Jun 02
Jokerman:
For me.

I'd pick.

Mou - 9 years unbeaten at home

Zidane- 3 peat UCL

No one can stay 9 years at home unbeaten
The List is incomplete without Claudio Ranieri and what He did at Leicester
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by sinnotng: 3:56pm On Jun 02
That Jose 9 years home unbeaten is incredible!!!
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Dyfynezz12(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02
DelphiOracle:
maybe England will win the next world cup. Haghaghag
England are the arsenal team of international football
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Mrexcell(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02
Jokerman:

Yep

Never knew mou spent a whole 9 yrs in Chelsea.
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Jokerman(m): 6:27pm On Jun 02
Mrexcell:

Never knew mou spent a whole 9 yrs in Chelsea.

No.

Chelsea, Inter, Madrid
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Mrexcell(m): 6:33pm On Jun 02
Jokerman:

No.

Chelsea, Inter, Madrid

So no team defeated him at home while in these clubs?
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by sammytovic(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02
You don't have to lie to save a point. Anceloti finished everton with 10th position or thereabout and not relegation bound.
englishmart:
Zidane, Guardiola and Anchelotti were just lucky. Have you forgotten that Anchelotti almost relegated Everton?
Sir Alex was a match fixer.
The only two legit records there are owned by Mourinho and Xabi
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Jokerman(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02
Mrexcell:

Yes, until 2011 by Sporting Gijon 1-0

Not even Pep's Barca

Sporting Gijon, LaLiga minnows who had spent most the past decade in the Segunda Division, were meant to be Mourinho's latest victims; they were only three points clear of the relegation zone and heading to the Bernabeu to take on a title-challenging Real Madrid side who were just five points behind leaders Barcelona.

Jose Mourinho, across nine years, one month and ten days, and a remarkable 150 matches, remained undefeated at home in league football.
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Mrexcell(m): 7:02pm On Jun 02
Jokerman:

Yes, until 2011 by Sporting Gijon 1-0

Not even Pep's Barca

Sporting Gijon, LaLiga minnows who had spent most the past decade in the Segunda Division, were meant to be Mourinho's latest victims; they were only three points clear of the relegation zone and heading to the Bernabeu to take on a title-challenging Real Madrid side who were just five points behind leaders Barcelona.

Jose Mourinho, across nine years, one month and ten days, and a remarkable 150 matches, remained undefeated at home in league football.

Incredible record.
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by folake4u(f): 6:50pm On Jun 03
They're legends in their own right.

My favourite remains Jose Mourinho. Love that man so much. kiss
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by siverspooon(m): 2:43am On Jun 04
For me the two that comes close are
1 Mourinho
2 zidane

It took Ferguson his entire career to win just 2 champions League. It took gardiola more than 15years to win just 2. Mourinho too, don carlo almost his entire career to win 5. But it took zidane just less than 5years to win 3 back to back in modern day soccer that is not kike the time when Liverpool used to win it like drinking cup. I agree that it's easier to win it with real Madrid but what of Barcelona?
This brings me to Mourinho and why he is the all time best
Men 9 solid years unbeaten at home hmmm...
That's huge that requires maximum discipline
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by ThierryJay: 9:22am On Jun 04
siverspooon:
For me the two that comes close are
1 Mourinho
2 zidane

It took Ferguson his entire career to win just 2 champions League. It took gardiola more than 15years to win just 2. Mourinho too, don carlo almost his entire career to win 5. But it took zidane just less than 5years to win 3 back to back in modern day soccer that is not kike the time when Liverpool used to win it like drinking cup. I agree that it's easier to win it with real Madrid but what of Barcelona?
This brings me to Mourinho and why he is the all time best
Men 9 solid years unbeaten at home hmmm...
That's huge that requires maximum discipline

Pep spent 15 years to win 3 UCLs and not 2 as you claimed.

Within that 15 year span, Pep has won the highest total number of trophies than all the other coaches and with the most defined footballing philosophy. That's why he's the GOAT coach.

By the way, Barca beat Mourinho's Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 2006, so don't get all the exaggerations about his 9 year unbeaten run.
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by ThierryJay: 9:25am On Jun 04
Mrexcell:

Barca beat Mourinho's Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 2 - 1 in 2006.

Barca beat Mourinho's Madrid again 2 - 0 at Bernabeu in UCL in 2010/2011.

The 9 year unbeaten claim is overrated and a cherry picked record.
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by Jokerman(m): 5:49pm On Jun 04
ThierryJay:

Barca beat Mourinho's Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 2 - 1 in 2006.

Barca beat Mourinho's Madrid again 2 - 0 at Bernabeu in UCL in 2010/2011.

The 9 year unbeaten claim is overrated and a cherry picked record.

It's 9 years in the league games alone.

So it's not exaggerated
Re: Which Of These Coaches Had The Greatest Legacy? by GIDIWAPBLOG: 10:44pm On Jun 04
I think zidane did a wonderful job winning 3 UCL in a roll is not an easy task

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Are 2019/2020 UEFA Champions League Winners / Nigeria Vs England Will Be Physical, Raheem Sterling Says / David Beckham Banned From Driving For 6 Months For Using Cell Phone Behind Wheel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.